The phoenix

EliNeDe20 tarafından

Elizabeth Jacobs is loyal, wants justice and fights with a strong fire in her for those close to her. 4 years... Daha Fazla

notes
Proloog - characters
1 - tonight we celebrate, tomorrow we cry and say goodbye
2 - It already gives me shivers
3 - do you have a boyfriend?
4 - who can sleep now?
5 - Love of my live
6 - happiness comes also from little things
7 - before we lose control
8 - the pineapple lovers are expanding
9 - my best friend is in love with my sister
10 - hot videocall
11 - fresh smell of coffee and pancakes
12 - She handled us like two little children
13 - I died many times
14 - never can keep his mouth shut
15 - If he's like that, then I'm not interested
16 - Want some of mine too
17 - God Chris, why didn't you say anything
18 - With a smile on her face
19 - no need the yell that loud
20 - Till they keep quiet
21 - a very stupid Mafia boss
22 - those children are watching us
23 - you can't say something like that and leave me
24 - He almost fainted
25 - Good morning, Love
26 - a bouquet of black roses
27 - I like the Audi
29 - she thinks that you lost interest
30 - Luciano told you didn't he
31 - I have seen that in a movie
32 - between fancy and casual
33 - I'm going to look like a whale then
34 - Suzy is a Godzilla Maid of honor
35 - Maybe not my best idea
36 - feeling the luckiest man alive
37 - Ti amerò per tutta la vita...e poi ancora oltre
38 - I already gained some extra weight
39 - I hope you like it
40 - the phoenix is dying
41 - you all take her side
42 - I stopped crying at daytime
43 - Are you ready for this?
44 - Is there news on him
45 - Cheesy bastard
46 - She was married but the stupid guy tossed her out
47 - at night, he is the devil
48 - You did, and now you fix it
49 - are you two going to remarry
50 - epiloog

28 - I have the perfect outfit for that with me

30 2 0
EliNeDe20 tarafından

new character:
Andrei Ivanaov - Todd Lasance
27 years
brother of Ana
Don Russian Mafia

POV Elizabeth Jacobs

I finally met Andrei, Ana's brother; his personality resembled Ana's a lot. And he was really funny and easy to talk to. Lorenzo was already becoming jealous every time I was talking with Andrei.

Amber and Theo were lovely, and she was a really nice girl.

The next day all the girls went out to do some Christmas shopping. Leaving the men behind. They were still occupied with the rented car. 

I went to the mall. Amber and I stepped side by side.

"How are things going with Lorenzo?" she asked

"Really good. Yesterday I told him that I am in love him." I smiled at her.

"You did? And he said it back?"

"Yeah, he did." I grinned

"I'm really glad that he met you, Lizzy. You are perfect for him."

"Don't worry Amber, I know about your history with Lorenzo."

"He told you? And you don't have a problem with it?"

"No, I have someone like that to. And he, his girlfriend and I are good friends know."

"Well, I am really glad that it isn't weird between us. You're good for him."

"Thanks. What are you going to buy for Theo?"

"I don't know, he has already everything." She groaned.

I laughed "Tell me about it. Lorenzo is the same. I have already something, but I really wanted to find something extra."

In the end Amber bought some personal cufflinks for Theo. He collecting them, I didn't know their were people who did that. 

And in the end I had an "L" tattooed on my ring finger.

"How are you going to keep that hidden from him?" Julia asked

"For that, I need your help ladies." And I told them the plan.

*****

Back home we put our bags away and I went to the kitchen, starting dinner. Amber and Ana were helping me. 

When the men walked back in, I started my "acting" and accidentally cut my finger. Ana shot into action, pulling me fast away from Lorenzo. She pushed me in a bathroom. 

Their she wrapped a bandage around my ring and middle finger. "And now you have to keep up this charade till the 24th."

"A whole week." I groaned, I didn't think this trough.

"It was your plan, you can't complaine now."

I signed "I know, lets go back."

We went back to the kitchen. Lilly was now helping Amber cooking dinner and the men were in the salon. Lorenzo came over to me, "everything okay Lizzy?"

"Yeah, I just cut my finger. It will be fine in a couple of days."

"Shouldn't I kiss away the pain?" He wispered in my ear.

I giggled "No, but maybe 1 kiss on my lips. It hurts more their."

He kissed me "only one love?"

"We will keep the others for tonight."

"Okay" he signed  "did you find your presents?"

"Yes, did you find yours?" I turned to him. He nodded and winked at me.

*****

Julia and I were setting the table for everyone. I love evenings like this one. We were all together enjoying dinner. Only Lia and John were missing. 

My parents left me alone, but I had found a whole new family. Lorenzo put his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. He kissed the side of my head.

"Happy?" he asked

"Very." I said and laid my head on his shoulder.

Later that evening, some men were playing poker and the rest of us sat on the couches.

Andrei sat again beside me. "So, you got a new tattoo." he whispered to me.

My eyes widened "how do you know that?"

He grinned "My sister Ana, big mouth, and nothing afraid of?" I nodded "She is afraid of blood. She would never have cared for your cut."

"Don't tell him, it's a surprise, well it's a gift." I pleaded

"I won't tell him. Lizzy, me whispering in your ear is making Enzo very jealous. Do you know that?" 

"Andrei, leave my girl alone, she is mine." We heard Lorenzo's voice loud from the card table.

"Calm down boy, I'm only getting to know her."

*****

Monday, I went to work, it was our last week before a 2-week winter break. After the winter break Suzy would come back, part-time for now. I liked that, I could still help in the gallery, and I had more time to paint.

The next days before Christmas were filled with working, the girls, painting, going to the gym and of course seeing Lorenzo as much as possible. 

Julia and I started decorating the whole house. We bought a big Christmas three and Nonna sat in her seat, ordering us around how to decorate the tree. She was thrilled that the house was full of live and love.

Since I started dating Lorenzo, she asked me often if I wasn't already pregnant. Every time I told her that we hadn't been that long together, that it was too soon.

And her she was back "Lizzy, do you have good news for me?"

I blinked at her "good news?"

"Not yet pregnant?"

"Well, no Nonna. I already told you that it's too soon."

"Puff... to soon." She signed "At least his grandfather knew how everything worked."

"Nonna, we're only being together for 4 months. Give us a little more time."

She scoffed "Maybe he needs to go see a doctor?"

"Why he needs a doctor?"

"Maybe he has a problem with his seed."

I laughed at that. "Nonna, I promised to tell you on off the first, after telling Lorenzo. But you will have to be patient."

She hugged me and mumbled "I'm not here forever." I hugged her a little bit harder but ignored her remark.

*****

Tonight, we are celebrating Christmas. Nonna, Mamma Sienna and Julia cooked all day and made a wonderful Christmas dinner. Tonight, I could finally unwrap my finger, I hope that Lorenzo likes it. After eating way too much we went to the living room.

"Presents time!" Julia clapped in her hands.

Ana was very nervous, when she got up and took her gift for Rick. He opened it and stared at it, staying quiet with wide eyes. Ana broke out in tears. "You don't like it?"

He snapped out of it "I love it Ana, I am so happy. This is the best gift ever." He took her in his arms.

"What did she give him?" Nonna asked loud. Ana and Rick pulled away from each other. Rick took his gift and gave it to Nonna. "Ana is pregnant Nonna."

"Finally, I was already thinking that all my grandsons have problems with their..." Mamma Sienna put her hand over Nonna's mouth. We all stood up and congratulated them.

I had wrapped my hand in a gift wrap with a little bow on top of it.

Julia yelled "now attention to Lizzy, she is going to give hers."

I took my first gift and gave it to him, unwrapping it he smiled wide. "I am going to put this in our room. They can't see this, Lizzy." He walked away.

I had painted a part of our first time together. Us on the bed, from our waist up. Lorenzo dropped next to me; he is brushing my hair to the side. Me rubbing his back. Sweat glistering on our body's. The room bathing in the morning sun. Both with a content smile on our face.
He came back and sat down beside me. "I love the painting. I will cherish it forever."

I smiled at him "I've got you something else." And I gave him my hand.

He looked confused but started to unwrap my fingers. His eyes lit up "No cut?"

Ana laughed "God no."

I let him see the tattoo. His eyes light up and he kissed it. Pulling me in for another kiss on the lips. "I really like that." He said against my lips.

He gave me his gift. It was a thin golden bracelet with an infinity-sign. "Like your other tattoo."

"It's beautiful, Lorenzo. Thank you."

When all the presents had been handed out, Lorenzo stood up and asked for our attention.

"When you all were keeping secrets for me, I decided to also keep a little secret. John and Lia are expecting us in Boston on 26th. We are staying in our hotel, we have booked a restaurant for all of us, we can celebrate Christmas again with Lia and John. And who want, can stay after that too, and celebrate New Year's Eve there. Lizzy and I will be staying till Lia gives birth."

I was crying and threw myself in his arms. Kissing him. "Happy?" I nodded. 

*****

2 days later we left for Boston. The plane was full, everyone was with us, even Sebastian and James came with us.
Only Amber and Theo weren't coming with us. They left yesterday, the needed to visit his parents. 

I was sitting next to Suzy who had Olivia in her arms. Olivia was almost 4 months now and looked more and more like Suzy every day. Aiden and Suzy were still dating, so slowly that Suzy became frustrated.
Aiden sat on the other side of the plane talking with Lorenzo and Luciano. It was the perfect opportunity to ask Suzy how their dates are going.

"How is the dating thing with Aiden going on Suzy?"

She groaned "Terrible" she signed.

"Terrible, how is that possible?"

"He is too sweet, I love him for that you know, but he doesn't touch me, doesn't kiss me... nothing. We go out, we have really good conversations, we go home, and he brings me to my room, says goodnight and he leave to his room."

"Oh... What do you want?"

"I want him to kiss me so hard that I don't know any more what my name is. You know?"

"O yes, I like that. Lorenzo is good at that." I smiled at the memory.

"Every time I try to talk about us, he changes the subject." Now she sounded sad.

"You really like him, don't you?"

She nodded "Maybe he lost interest in me." Her eyes swelled with tears.

"Suzy, I don't think that he lost interest. Maybe he is also getting used to the new situation."

"Maybe" we changed the subject because Lilly and Kate came sitting with us.

When we arrived at Boston, there were 5 cars waiting for us, somehow, I ended up in a car with Suzy, Olivia, Andrei, and Luciano. Andrei being Andrei flirting the whole ride to the hotel with me. I laughed him away. But I like him, he is easy to talk to but he's only a friend.

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with a fuming and jealous Lorenzo.

Suzy whispered to me "Maybe, I need to flirt with someone. If Aiden reacts like that, I know immediately where I stand."

"Yeah, or he backs away and thinks that you're not interested."

"Oh yeah, I don't want that."

"Try talking to him or better just jump on him, kiss him senseless. Take the initiative. You are a strong and independent woman!"

She was beaming now "I have the perfect outfit for that with me." She grinned at me.

She is gorgeous. She told me that her body was almost back like before her pregnancy. She was spending a lot of free time in the gym and went on many long walks with Olivia. She was not entirely happy with the stretchmarks on her tummy. And her breast were still huge. But she was still breastfeeding.

"I'm going to try to calm Lorenzo down." I tolded her.

"Good luck with that." She whispered

"Lorenzo, where is our room?" I asked him, taking his arm.

"Over there, or do you prefer to sleep with Andrei?" He asked with a hard and cold voice.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

8.9K 251 15
Fire, it can denote passion, purification, anger, destruction, rage, pain, and suffering, yet it also brings with it life. The mythical Phoenix a bei...
435K 15.1K 50
All rights reserved. ~ ~DUAL POV~ ~ Azalea and Aiden have never gotten along. Despite the absurdity of it, they have been rivals since birth. But...
275 39 50
It is said that having enemies means that we fight for something. I don't know if this truth is universal but it describes my story well. Seemingly p...
208 4 10
kis·met • to destiny; fate. After the tragic loss of her beloved father, Clementine believed that love would forever elude her grasp. She felt as tho...