His Dove

By WYLD_ROSE

Book 5 of the Jackson Series! Marcella is struggling to break free from all she has ever known. Brought up in... More

AN: IMPORTANT!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31

26

2.7K 148 23
By WYLD_ROSE

Twenty Six - Life Restored

Four months later.

I smile and wave at the receptionist as I walk past her towards the elevators. I get in and make my way to Cameron's floor before stepping inside his room. It's become a part of my routine to stop by every day and talk to him even if he can't hear me. Judah usually joins me after he's done with work or he makes sure to visit with me on the weekends if he can't make it during the week.

"Hey Cam." I greet as I make my way to the windowsill to replace the drooping flowers with new ones. "Let's get these changed. I got you peonies today...they're so pretty. Only this week left and that marks month five of you being asleep. You need to get a move on buddy! We have so much to do!"

"Sorry for taking so long."

I whirl around at the raspy voice to see Cameron's green eyes glint happily as they meet my wide ones. The vase slips from my hand in shock and I scramble to grab it before setting it down on the windowsill. I rush to my brother with tears brimming my eyes and hug him carefully before throwing caution to the wind and tightening my hold.

"You're awake!" I half laugh, half sob as I pull away only to hug him again in disbelief. "You're finally awake! I can't believe it!"

"Thank god for that too! It was so annoying listening to you ramble on and not being able to shut you up!" He croaks and I swat his shoulder gently before getting him a glass of water.

I help him sit up slightly before bringing the glass to his lips. "I wasn't sure if you could hear me."

"I heard you." He smiles after clearing his throat. "Has it really been almost five months?"

"Yes...you were badly injured Cam. Your pulse was faint when I got to you after the bomb went off." I explain before gasping. "I need to get the doctor!"

Face palming myself I rush to the door with his chuckles echoing behind me and grab a nurse to tell her that Cameron is awake. She goes to get the doctor before returning and starting some checks on Cam along with asking him some questions. His doctor joins midway as I take a seat on the chair and text everyone the good news. Judah responds by saying he'll bring Elenora and Alejandra over. They arrived earlier this week so I'm sure they'll be delighted from the news.

"Okay so your body has healed nicely from the injuries but I'd like to keep you under observation for a few more days and run some tests. If everything's good we'll let you out by the end of next week." The doctor states and Cameron nods before asking for food.

We all chuckle at that and the nurse says she'll go get him something to eat before her and the doctor leave. I take a seat by him on his bed again and we smile at each other goofily. I can't resist hugging him again, happy that he's awake and okay.

"I love you Cam. You didn't deserve this but I'm so glad you're healthy and here with me." I smile brightly as I squeeze his hand. "I don't say it enough but thank you for everything you do for me. But if you ever risk your life like that again I will kick your ass."

He scoffs with a playful roll of his eyes. "Please! You're barely able to beat me in our training sessions!"

"That means I've taught you well. You can hold your own against the master." I nod seriously and he gapes at me before we burst out laughing.

"Wait a minute...are we in the UK?! The doctor and nurse sounded British!" He suddenly exclaims with wide eyes.

"Yeah me and Judah moved you to a hospital here and close to Jude's place. I didn't feel comfortable still living in Venezuela after everything that happened and Judah's work is here." I explain and he nods understandingly.

"So...bring me up to speed on everything that's happened. How is everyone? Rod? Ben?" He asks eagerly just as the nurse brings him his food.

I recall everything he's missed out on in the past few months while he digs in. "I got a job too with Falcon Security."

"No fucking way?" He narrows his eyes in disbelief but a small smile plays on his lips.

"Yeah, Griffin put in a good word for me without my knowledge. Griffin...can you believe it?!" I exclaim and we both chuckle. "I work in the Alpha team with him, Reece, Cole and Parker. It's a desk job thankfully and I'm usually gathering intel before relaying to them as well as the head office. My hours are crazy sometimes according to their assignments since I'm based here but I enjoy it so it doesn't bother me much."

"That's great Marcie! I'm glad you're doing something you enjoy. You were always good at the intel and communications stuff." He grins but winces midway when he shifts too quickly.

"You good?" I ask softly as I reach out to help but he waves off my concern.

"I'm fine, don't worry." He smiles before giving me the tray which I put on the table nearby. "How's everyone else? Rod, Ben and Els?"

"Rod and Ben moved to Spain and were traveling until last month. Els is in London visiting actually...Alejandra too. Judah's bringing them over to see you." I smirk when his eyes light up at the mention of Alejandra. "Ooh someone's got a crush!"

"No, I don't. Shut up!" He rolls his eyes but I notice a hint of a blush coating his cheeks.

"Denial!" I sing before yelping when he shoves me off the bed. "For someone who's just out of a coma you've still got your strength!"

In response he lifts his arms and flexes his muscles which makes me roll my eyes. The sound of the door opening catches our attention though and we turn to see Judah, Elenora and Alejandra walk in. I stand and take a seat in the chair while they greet Cameron.

"My oh my Cam, getting knocked out by a bomb? You're such a wimp!" Elenora tuts as Alejandra sits down beside me after greeting him.

"Yes well, not all of us are able to run away –"

"Oh, shut up! You know that I was on an assignment!" She grins before hugging him. "I'm glad you're okay but do that again and I'll gouge your eyes out."

"Sweet as ever Els." He chuckles before hugging Judah as he leans down. "Judah! Good to see you man. How are you?"

"Better now that you're awake." He chuckles as he takes a seat on the bed. "How are you feeling? No pain I hope?"

"No pain at all. Muscles are a bit stiff but they'll loosen up soon." Cam shrugs before grinning excitedly. "You're a fucking genius at the tech stuff! You need to teach me some things!"

"And the fangirling begins." Alejandra chuckles and Cameron gasps with a hand to his heart dramatically.

"I'm not fangirling!"

"He wouldn't shut up about you when we were taking his father's operations down." Alejandra tells Judah who smirks in amusement.

"He's the king of tech for a reason Ale!"

That makes all of us laugh but me and Elenora lock eyes wide with excitement. Hers flicker between Cameron and Alejandra before she looks at me questionably and I discreetly nod while the other three are engrossed in conversation. Elenora's jaw drops before she grins just as Judah turns to me.

"We're hosting Christmas this year so Alejandra will be back in two weeks. Right dove?"

"Oh yes, no backing out now so don't worry Cam she'll be there." I wink and smile widely when they both blush as they glance at each other. "Judah? Els? Want to go get some coffee?"

"Yes, let's go! I'm starving too!" Elenora catches on and walks out of the room.

"I'm fine, you guys go ahead – whoa!" Judah exclaims as I drag him out.

I turn to wink at Cameron who glares at me with a playful smile before the door closes. We catch up with Elenora near the elevators before Judah turns to us with a confused frown. Me and Els smack his head gently before pushing him in as he cries out and rubs his head.

"What's going on?!"

"They like each other dumbass!" Els tells him and his jaw drops in surprise.

"No fucking way?!"

"For a massive flirt you're pretty oblivious to other people crushing on each other Jude." I remark as the elevator makes its way down to the canteen.

"I'm fine, you guys go ahead." Elenora mocks him in a deep voice which makes him put her in a headlock. "Let go fucker! You're ruining my hair!"

My eyes widen when the doors slide open and an elderly couple stare at us bemused. I leave them fighting in there as I rush off to the canteen to get myself a coffee. They eventually join the line with their food and I lean against a wall waiting for them as I take a bite of my sandwich. Judah grumbles as he walks over to me before pecking my cheek.

"She kneed me in the balls." He frowns and I almost choke on my food before I burst out laughing. "So, I kneed her between her legs too. It didn't do that much damage though."

"You literally turned off that cute guy! He was into me!" Elenora whines as she joins us making Jude glare at her.

"You deserve it...bitch." He mutters before walking off.

"You know Judah..." She looks him up and down with a disinterested expression once we catch up to him at the elevators. "You're not that hot to be honest. Mar could do way better!"

"I'm a fucking catch thank you very much! It doesn't get better than this!" He arches a brow as he gestures to himself.

"I beg to differ! Marcie, what about that cute guy we met when you first came back to Venezuela? He was so dreamy!" She gushes and I stifle my smile knowing that she's lying.

"What guy?" Judah frowns in confusion.

"Yeah...he was cute." I hum and nod as we step out onto Cameron's floor.

"Cute?! Who the fuck is this?! Why didn't you tell me?!" Judah scowls deeply before glaring at Elenora.

"Oh, you didn't tell him Mar? I'm so sorry!" She gasps over dramatically which makes me shake my head at her. "Not even the fact that he continued to hit on you after you said no? And that he almost kissed you?!"

"Excuse me?!" Judah thunders as he whirls around to face me. "Give me a name! He's fucking dead for touching my girl –"

"She's lying Jude!" I laugh as I pull him close and cup his cheek. "She's just messing with you."

"I'm putting coal in her stocking." He sulks as Elenora skips down the hallway cackling. "Then I'm lighting it on fire...and her too."

"You know I only want you." I murmur before kissing him softly, slowly.

"I love you." He mumbles before intertwining our hands as we follow Els. "But we need to discuss your choice of friends later."

I chuckle and look over to see a gorgeous smile return to his lips. Elenora turns to Judah as we reach her and offers him the last cookie as a peace offering which he accepts with a small smile. I open the door only to gasp in surprise when I see my brother and Alejandra pulling away from a kiss. Elenora squeals excitedly from behind me and I can't help but join in. Judah hollers before he's hushed by the nurses and we rush forward to tease the hell out of the two lovebirds who are now blushing harder than when we caught them.

While the other two pester Alejandra, Cameron meets my gaze and shakes his head with a bashful smile. I hug him with a big grin and ruffle his hair which makes him laugh. He fires back at Judah and Elenora in defense of himself and Ale. I take a seat and watch the people I love smiling and laughing carefree. Cameron looks happier and lighter as if the weight of the world no longer rests on his shoulders.

I send a small prayer up to keep him joyful and healthy just like this for the rest of his life.

And that him and Alejandra get together too.

Update schedule is: once a week whenever I find time!

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 27 is already up on Inkitt! Click the link in my bio or announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

- R.W. ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4.9K 48
{book four of the Gang love series} *"Oh shit hi." "I'm gonna apologize now but i've been wanting to do this all night." he backed me against the wal...
960K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...
1M 27.9K 79
[A SWEET MAFIA ROMANCE] Nicole thought that her life would be easy now after she left behind all the memories of an awful night, which led to an unex...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...