escape. ➳ jurassic world

By allthemfanfics

[Originally published in 2015, rewritten in 2022] Elliot Grady's life has never been simple by any means, but... More

cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
epilogue

fourteen

1K 39 0
By allthemfanfics

more teeth

"Where the heck are we gonna find more teeth?" Elliot asked as Claire got to her feet and began digging around in the souvenir shack's first aid kit. "Unless someone wants to donate to the cause—"

"I have an idea," Claire interrupted. She was holding a radio and a flare in her hands. "Okay, so—you just wait here. It's gonna be fine." She nodded at them. There were more gunshots from Owen's rifle outside.

Elliot furrowed her eyebrows. "Wait, where are you going?" She demanded.

"To get more teeth," Claire answered. "Just—stay put. I'll be right back." With that, Claire climbed over the counter and took off in the direction of the other paddocks in this area of the park.

Elliot threw her hands in the air before bringing them back down on her knees with a frustrated sigh. "That wasn't vague at all!" She exclaimed, looking over at Zach and Gray.

There was more roaring from outside, followed by silence. Elliot and Zach locked eyes for a moment, breathing heavily, when suddenly Owen slid over the counter. Gray yelped, but Owen held a finger to his lips. Elliot pressed her lips together and took several calming breaths. Her dad looked at her and nodded reassuringly—everything was going to be fine.

The Indominus's growling suddenly sounded much closer than before. Elliot's eyes widened as she realized the dinosaur was leaning down and looking right at them in the souvenir shack. It began knocking itself against the structure, sending the contents flying off the shelves and down onto them.

Owen quickly pushed himself up against the kids, using himself as a shield to keep them as far away from the Indominus as possible. Elliot held onto his arm tightly and tried not to scream as the dinosaur's arm came crashing through the side of the structure. They quickly jumped out of the way and to the opposite wall.

The Indominus was reaching for them—Owen grabbed Gray under his arms and pulled him away from the dinosaur's claws, but they got snagged on Gray's fanny pack and began pulling on him. Gray yelled in fear.

"Gray!" Elliot exclaimed, grabbing ahold of one of his arms while Owen had the other. Zach wrapped his arms around Gray's torso and held on tight.

He was slipping from their grasp, if they didn't do something soon, Gray would get pulled out by the Indominus. Zach quickly leaned over his brother and grabbed the pack's buckle and undid it. It fell away from Gray's body and they were able to pull him back up away from the dinosaur. Zach held onto his brother tightly. "You good?" He asked.

Gray nodded, tears running down his face as he gripped Zach's arms in his hands.

"What the hell are we gonna do?" Elliot asked, keeping her voice as low as she could. "We're trapped."

"It's gonna be fine," Her dad said.

"It doesn't feel fine."

"Hey, c'mon." He looked at her. "You trust me, right?"

Elliot hesitated, but nodded. "Yeah—yeah, I trust you."

The Indominus suddenly stopped trying to force its way to them and turned around. Elliot and the others glanced at one another before hearing a loud roar from outside the souvenir station. The Indominus answered the roar with one of its own. Owen poked his head out over the destroyed counter. "You've gotta be kidding me," He managed.

"What? What is it?" Elliot crawled over to him and peeked over the counter, her eyes going wide as she took in the scene. The Tyrannosaurus Rex had made its way out of its paddock and was squaring up against the Indominus Rex. "Oh—hey, Gray, check this out—" She looked back at him and grinned. "More teeth."

Gray let out a huff of laughter, shaking his head.

The two dinosaurs began to fight with one another and eventually came crashing into the other wall of the souvenir shack. Gray screamed and threw his arms up to cover his head. Owen grabbed ahold of all three kids and wrapped his arms around them protectively. Elliot heard Claire scream for them to run, so that's exactly what they did.

They bolted from the now destroyed shack and ran towards Claire, who was ducked down behind a few mosquito in amber statues that lined Main Street leading up to the Innovation Center.

The Tyrannosaur was on the ground, struggling to get back up, and the Indominus was towering over it. It placed its foot down on the T-Rex and opened its jaw, ready to deliver the final killing blow, when a familiar call echoed from behind. Elliot turned her head just in time to see Blue charging at the Indominus Rex. She catapulted herself off the T-Rex and leapt at the Indominus, landing on its back and beginning to attack.

"No way," Elliot breathed. "What the hell is going on?"

"Dinosaur battle to the death," Zach answered. "Kind of metal."

"It's not the eighties anymore, no one calls anything 'metal,'" Elliot said.

"I can already tell I don't like that you two are friends," Owen sighed, glancing back at the pair of them.

"Rude," Elliot said.

"Extremely," Zach agreed.

Blue attacking the Indominus gave the T-Rex the chance she needed to recover from the previous attack. She got back to her feet and charged the Indominus. Pretty soon, both Blue and the T-Rex were working together against the Indominus—herding it backwards down Main Street.

They were causing quite the mess, and the group huddled by the amber statues couldn't stay there much longer before debris came flying at them. Owen grabbed Elliot's hand and pulled her to her feet. "Let's move!" He called to the others.

They ran into one of the gift stores to avoid the fray when Blue came crashing through one of the windows. She quickly recovered and threw herself back into the fight.

The T-Rex and Blue managed to throw the Indominus to the ground right by the pier, and continually shoved it whenever it tried to get back to its feet. The Indominus wasn't about to give up so easily, though, so it continued to try and fight back. It roared again, attempting to scare the T-Rex and Blue, but was suddenly cut off as the mosasaurus came crashing to the surface of the lake.

"Whoa!" Elliot yelled, taking a step back as the mosasaurus grabbed the Indominus by its neck and yanked it down into the water, disappearing beneath the waves.

The T-Rex and Blue stared at each other for a moment, and Elliot wondered if the fighting was over or if the two would battle it out for dominance now that the threat was gone. However, the T-Rex only stuck around for a few moments longer before turning and stomping off, leaving Blue on her own.

The raptor turned and took one last look at Owen, who gave her a nod of appreciation. Blue chirped at him before turning and dashing off out of the park and into the wilderness.

The others finally stepped out onto Main Street, the danger having passed, and looked around. Everything was destroyed. Elliot turned and glanced at her father, who was still staring off in the direction Blue had run off. She walked over to him and patted his arm. "She'll be alright," Elliot said.

"Yeah," Owen agreed, glancing down at his daughter. "What about you, are you alright?"

Elliot nodded. "Doing a lot better now," She admitted. "Definitely wanting to get the hell out of here as fast as possible."

"Right, let's do that." He glanced over at Claire. "Is your friend ready with the chopper?"

Claire nodded, breathing heavy. "He's in the control room, we can meet him there," She answered, grabbing Zach and Gray by their shoulders and turning to guide them back up towards the Innovation Center.

The group made their way back up Main Street, carefully avoiding the debris caused by the massive fight. Most of the walk was made in silence—they met Lowery up on the landing pad on the roof of the control room, where a chopper was already waiting for them.

"Thank God you guys are alive!" Lowery called over the sound of the helicopter blades. "Lets get the hell off this island!"

Claire nodded. "I couldn't agree with you more, Lowery," She said. "Come on, guys."

Elliot climbed into the helicopter behind Zach and Gray, who immediately collapsed into the seats. She sat down beside Gray and buckled herself in before putting on a pair of headphones she had been handed by one of the pilots. When the helicopter lifted up off the ground, she finally allowed herself to relax, melting into her seat and closing her eyes with a sigh.

No one spoke on the ride off the island. Elliot had a feeling that they were all finally crashing from their adrenaline highs and were now being left to their own thoughts, trying to process what had just happened.

It had been a really long day. And what was crazier is that it hadn't even been twenty four hours. Everything that had just happened to them happened in less than fifteen hours. Yet it felt like years had passed, somehow.

Elliot thought about her mother, who would surely be freaking out if she were still here. Elliot wondered, if there was such thing as an afterlife, if her mother was looking down on her and her dad and mentally screaming at them. Probably. She was also probably yelling that she told them so, which—okay, yeah, fair point.

About ten minutes into the flight, Elliot felt Gray leaning his head against her shoulder. She glanced down at him and then up at Zach, who smiled at her. She smiled back and rested her cheek on top of Gray's head with a sigh.

She glanced across the helicopter and locked eyes with her dad. He pressed his lips into a thin smile and nodded at her. It was okay, she could rest. Nothing bad was going to happen now. Elliot smiled tiredly at him. Things were okay now. They were safe.

Elliot let her eyes slip shut and finally fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 1.2K 19
{ A story based on the 2015 film Jurassic World } Callie Evans escapes to her dad's workplace for a week; having spent her summer vacation helping he...
134K 3.6K 9
"Well it's still early, if you're lucky I'll make you fall again" • Dani Grady is a 16 year old girl who lives on the island of Isla Nublar with her...
37.5K 830 21
'Look deeper through the telescope and do not be afraid when the stars collide towards the darkness, because sometimes the most beautiful things begi...
7.4K 208 8
"Sorry..." "It's ok." Zach smirks at her, which results in him getting smacked by the brunette. "Ow..." Zach said rubbing his arm. "Toughen up Mitc...