Iniyavale

By Mrinalini_MS

If he was the sky, then she is the moon ! If he was the forest, then she is the flower ! If he was fire, then... More

Prelude
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 4

843 147 73
By Mrinalini_MS

Ashwin enters the class and starts teaching. He continued with the topic from first class and Sivaangi continued her work of sighting him.

Ashwin stopped mid way as the class was pin drop silent. He turned back to find most of them with drooping eyes and chuckles softly. "Nalla lunch break la vairu mutta saapta, ipdi dhaan thookam varum"

Ashwin taps the table and few of them sit up straight. Sivaangi was wide awake as she was "focused" on her lecturer's face whereas Mrinalini was half into the class and half asleep.

Ashwin: Enna nalla thookam varudha ?

The students nod their head in denial but Ashwin laughs.

Ashwin: Konjam apdiye suthi paarunga. Half the class is fighting to be awake. Mokkai ya pogudha class ?

The students turned to their sides and found few of them sleeping. They wake them up and the sleepy ones sit up straight with a terrified look as Ashwin caught them sleeping.

Sivaangi taps Mrinalini's cheeks and she gets up with a jerk.

Mrinalini: Ennachu Sivu ? Class mudinjudha ?

Sivaangi: Loosu apdi enna thookam unakku ? Pen andharathula thongitu irukku ....

Mrinalini: Lunch break aprom yaaru class eduthalum enakku lazy ah dhaan irukum. Idhula nethiku ozhunga thoongala, adhaan asandhuten....

Sivaangi: Anga paaru sir is staring at you.

Mrinalini looks at the line of sight and gulps.

Mrinalini: Aathi maatnom. Okay velila poga ready aaiko Mrini...

Ashwin taps the table a little hard this time and the class becomes quite.

Ashwin: Romba bore adikudha ?

The students nod their head as no. Sivaangi nodded a bit fast and Mrinalini nodded faster.

Ashwin noticed these two and calls Mrinalini.

Ashwin: Mrinalini stand up.

Mrinalini's eyes go wide and she stands up like a frightened mouse, "Naa dhaan kedachena ? En sir vera yaarum unga kannuku theriyalaya...."

Ashwin: Mrinalini are you here ?

Mrinalini: Ahh yes yes sir.

Ashwin: Avlo vegama thalai ya aatuninga. Then why were your eyes dropping ?

Mrinalini: Sorry sir. I didn't have enough sleep yesterday and since the class is after lunch break, I felt lazy adhaan sir. This won't be repeated again sir.

Ashwin: Is that so ?

Mrinalini: Sir the first reason is my personal one ana second reason will be agreed by all...

She hisses at her classmates, "deii vaaya thorandhu sollunga da erumaingala"

Ashwin was trying to suppress his laughter. He turns back in the name of coughing and laughs. Meanwhile Mrinalini knocks at a boy's head who was sitting at the bench infront of theirs.

Mrinalini hisses, "Ippo mattum ellarum aama nu sollala canteen la solli samosa la veshatha vechiduven. Ozhungu mariyadhai ya aama nu sollunga"

The boy gets frightened and nods his head vigourously. Sivaangi controls herself from laughing and Mrinalini glares at her.

Ashwin turns back and pulls out a straight face.

Ashwin: Sollunga Mrinalini...

Mrinalini: Adhaan sollitene sir. Naa sonnadhu seri dhaana friends ?

"Aama sir", the class shouted in chorus.

Ashwin: Ana I could see few of them concentrating on the class. Unga benchmate Sivaangi was sincerely listening to the class.

Mrinalini turns to look at her who was sitting with an innocent face.

Mrinalini murmurs, "namakku munnadi iva la thoonguva iva epdi thoongama irukka ?"

Sivaangi mind voice: Naa enga sir class ah gavanichen ? Ungala la gavanichitu irundhen. Lunch break aprom medhaiye class eduthalum izhuthu pothitu thoongura maari thoonguven. Ungala paaka mudiyama poidumo nu control pannitu iruken Ashwiney.

She snaps out of her mind voice and smiles lightly at him.

Mrinalini: Sir only few were concentrating but many slept.

Ashwin: So are you agreeing that you and many others were sleeping ?

Mrinalini whines, "sir...."

Ashwin laughs and continues, "seri sollunga enna pannalam"

The class starts murmuring among themselves. Mrinalini was thinking and Sivaangi was busy looking at his right hand that was tapping the table, "enna pannalum azhagu pa"

Mrinalini: Sir naa sollata ?

Ashwin: En mathavanga solla koodadha Mrinalini ?

Mrinalini: Mathavangalum thoongunanga ana neenga enna dhaana sir kuptinga, so naa sollalam la....

Ashwin laughs out loud and gestures her to talk.

Mrinalini: Sir can you tell us about yourself ?

Ashwin: Hmm nice question. Sit down Mrinalini. Let me answer...

Mrinalini sits down and Sivaangi murmurs, "urupadiyana velai pannirka evening unakku choci vaangi tharen". Mrinalini whispers back, "Kandippa vaangi tharuva la ?" Sivaangi nods quickly and Mrinalini smiles showing her twenty nine teeth.

Ashwin: Enna pathi sollanum na, name solliten Ashwin Kumar, native Coimbatore. Schooling and college ellame anga dhaan. I have completed my Bachelor's in Computer Science Engineering. This is my first teaching. Ambition is to become an entrepreneur ana veetla family business eduthukanum nu pressure. So enna naane prove pannika Chennai vandhen. Ana right time varala and financially down aaite ponen. So on my neighbour's insistence, joined here as a lecturer. Inime naa epdi solli tharen nu neenga dhaan sollanum....

The class nod their head at him. Sivaangi was keenly listening to him and prays, "Kadavuley avaru nenacha maari avaru oru periya entrepreneur aaganum pa."

A random girl at the back asks, "Sir unga age enna ?"

Ashwin: Unmaiya sollata poi sollata ?

"Unmaiya sollunga", the class chorused.

Ashwin: 26

The class gasps in shock. The girl who asked him the question exclaims, "Sir appo neenga engalukku senior maari"

Ashwin blushes hearing the word senior and his eyes travel to that girl who was responsible for his blush.

Sivaangi becomes horrified, "edheyyy ungalukku senior ah !!! No no no avaru enakku mattum dhaan senior"

Ashwin: Senior orutharku mattum dhaan. For others I am a lecturer.

Boy at the front: Yaaru sir ?

Ashwin shrugs his shoulders and answers, "secret"

Sivaangi blushes hearing him, "ayyo kulukulu nu irukke"

Mrinalini looks at her friend's flushed face and also found Ashwin blushing, "enna nadakudhu inga ?"

Sivaangi tries to control her blush so she drops her pencil "by mistake" and bends down to take that.

Ashwin: Vera edhachum kekanuma ?

Mrinalini nudges Sivaangi, "Sir oda hobbies enna nu kelu"

Sivaangi smiles wide and raises her hand.

Ashwin: Yes Sivaangi...

Sivaangi: Ashwin..... *bits her tongue* I mean Ashwin sir, what are your hobbies ?

Ashwin's eyes pop out when she called just his name but gets relieved when she addressed him properly.

Ashwin: Hobbies neraya irukku. I love cooking, continental dishes neraya try pannuven. Acting la interest irukku, college la mono acting competitions la participate pannuven, dance pannuven and last three years ah velai illama irundhapo guitar vaasika kathukiten. Normal ah paduven. Aprom other things random ah pannuven....

Mrinalini: Sir will you sing a song for us ?

Ashwin: Ayyo vendaam ma...

Mrinalini: Sir please sir. Deiii ellarum kelunga da ....

The class chorused, "paadunga sir. Please sir...."

Ashwin was denying their pleads. He looks at Sivaangi who was pouting at him. She blinks at him and mouths, "Please Ashwin paadungalen...."

Nobody heard her but Ashwin understood her lip sync.

Her innocent and puppy face indeed did a great job as Ashwin decided to sing a song for her.
It was so ambiguous as he decided to sing a song on her request, but was actually singing for her. Ashwin's heart was working at a faster rate, but his brain was slow in pace.

The class continues to plead and Ashwin stops them.

Ashwin: Seri seri padren. Nalla illana kochikadhinga....

Sivaangi exclaims loudly, "adhellam nalla dhaan sir irukkum".

She composes herself, "Sir paadunga sir"

Ashwin: Seri ma seri ma paadren....

Mrinalini gets an idea and stands up.

Mrinalini: Excuse me sir....

Ashwin: Yes Mrinalini

Mrinalini: Sir if you don't mind, shall I play the keyboard as you sing ?

Ashwin: Sure. Why not ? Ana keyboard ku enga poradhu ?

Mrinalini pulls out her mini keyboard with drums and pad from her bag. Ashwin smiles at it and asks her to come front.

Mrinalini switches on her keyboard and asks him the song so that she can set the keys. Ashwin calls her next to him and whispers the song name. She was pleasantly surprised and nods her head enthusiastically.

Ashwin: Okay la, or do you want me to go with another song ?

Mrinalini: Illa sir idhuve paadunga.
And sir shall I ask you one thing ?

Ashwin: Kelu Mrini ....

Mrinalini: Sir neenga paaduradha video edukata ? Yaarukum theriyama na kooda okay sir, ana edukata please ?

Ashwin: Class hours la paadren video vera edutha problem varadha ?

Mrinalini: Adhellam varadhu sir. Ungaluku okay na sollunga ?

Ashwin: Problem illa na enakkum onnum illa ma. Nee video edu and then send me later.

Mrinalini nods her head with a smile and moves to her keyboard. She plays the keys as the background music roles.

Sivaangi was waiting impatiently to hear his singing. Ashwin was a bit nervous and looks here and there to calm his racing heart. His eyes stops at Sivaangi and they lock with hers. This time his heart races again but that worked in his favour.

With a wide smile that showcased his dimple, Ashwin starts singing....

Roothi Ae Sabte Rabba
Rabba Dil Bhi Hai Rootha
Sab kuchh hai bikhra bikhra
Bikhra sa rootha rootha

Chup maahi chup hai Ranjha
Bole kaise ve na ja
Bole kaise ve na ja
Aaja aaja

Bole kaise ve na ja
Bole kaise ve na ja
Chup maahi chup hai Ranjha
Aaja aaja

Ve mera dola ni aaya dola

Oh rabb vi khel hai khele
Roz lagave mele
Kehnda kuch na badla
Jhooth bole har velle

Oh rabb vi khel hai khele
Roz lagave mele
Kehnda kuch na badla
Jhooth bole har velle

Sivaangi was melting hearing him sing. His intense gaze was troubling her, unveiling her feelings that were buried deep inside her heart.

Her soul understood the purpose of his arrival and was ready to quench the thirst for love.

Ashwin was completely hypnotized with those doe eyes and couldn't avert his gaze from hers. He was fighting to look away from her but couldn't do that. The more he tried, the more he got drowned into it....

Chup maahi chup hai Ranjha
Bole kaise ve na ja
Bole kaise ve na ja
Aaja aaja

Bole kaise ve na ja
Bole kaise ve na ja
Chup maahi chup hai Ranjha
Aaja aaja

Ashwin finishes singing and the whole class stood up and applauds. He faintly heard them as he was glued to the petite one infront of him who was melting like ice.

Their souls wanted the world to freeze now so that they can enjoy the moment. Their locked eyes exchanged a thousand vows promising a forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey babies ! Here is the next chapter. Hope you like it. Please do share your feedback.

Listen to the cover song too. Ketute padikka try pannunga. I did it and could imagine the scenario too. Nalla feel kuduthuchu. Ungalukkum feel panna mudinjuchu na comment pannunga pa....

Pudichi irundha sollunga pudikala naalum sollunga.

If this update satisfies your expectations please do vote and comment. Your votes and comments are my only source of encouragement. So please do vote pannunga....

Thank you and love you all.

Anbudan,
Mrinalini 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 1.2K 33
காதல் என்ற வார்த்தையையே வெறுக்கும் நாயகன், தன் மனதிற்கு பிடித்தவளை சந்திக்கும்போது, காதலில் விழாமலா போய்விடுவான்? தனக்கு ஏற்பட்டிருந்த கசப்பான அனுபவத...
39.3K 6.2K 28
Sithara Raghuvaran, a 21 year old girl who is broken, scared and struggling hard to get used to the new world which looks straight opposite to the wo...
8.9K 309 22
ஆயிரம் அறிவுரைகள், ஆதரவு கரங்கள் நீண்டாலும் காதலாய் அவன் பார்க்கும் அந்த ஒரு பார்வைக்காக ஏங்கி தவித்தவள் கண்ணீர் கன்னத்தை தொட, அவள் கணவன் கையை கொஞ்சம...
20.8K 861 57
💞குடும்பத்திற்காக காதலை மறைக்கும் ஒருத்தி, அவளது அன்பு புரிந்தும், அவளது நிராகரிப்பின் காரணத்தை ஏற்க முடியாமல் தவிக்கிறான் ஒருவன். தந்தையின் வார்த்...