REWRITTEN: Sano Manjiro X Rea...

By WCwriteslemon

๐˜ˆ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฃ๐˜บ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ, ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๏ฟฝ... More

WARNING
PREFACE
SANO MANJIRO X READER
FINAL CHAPTER
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
SPECIAL CHAPTER #1

SANO MANJIRO X READER

2.2K 109 116
By WCwriteslemon

Chapter LXVIII

{Last six freaking chapters, hoomans.}

YEAR 2008

"You're making things hard when it should be the other way around, (Y/N)." Hanma stated as he kicked you again. The both of you are panting in exhaustion but no one stops. No one wants to give up, "Did you know how long I've been trying to clean the mess you've caused, little mouse?"

You dodge his uppercut and spin to dodge his roundhouse kick as well. You've been fighting with Hanma for too long and your stamina is decreasing. Still, you can manage. You can get through it no matter what. Hanma is extremely strong but upon having your memories fighting Manjiro in your future, you get more motivated to beat the shit out of this guy.

No one can reach Manjiro's level in combat, now, you're just proud of the man you love no matter how fucking toxic he is in your pre-timeleap timeline.

"Oh? Your nose is bleeding even when I haven't landed a punch on it yet." Hanma pointed out and you wiped it immediately. Having nosebleeds in the middle of the fight because of your memories can quite be a pain in the ass.

Now, come to think of it. Is Manjiro really the one who killed you? Then that would be fucking obvious. But something's odd. What's happening in this timeline and what's happening in your pre-timeleap life is not aligning. You know you want to cut ties with Manjiro before your death and before time leaping here, so why would your mission in this timeline be to save him? If you've known those memories the moment you time leap here, you would've done anything to avoid Manjiro because he's not really good for your mental health.

But no. Your heart is extremely longing and in love with him. You want to do everything to save him and protect him. It is not the emotions you would feel if he's the one who killed you. Then...

Did Manjiro really kill you?

Is he really the one who shot your heart?

Because even after all the shits you've been through from your future, and all the roller coaster emotions you experienced, you still trust Manjiro with all your heart.

You know... no matter how insane his dark impulsivity is, or how insane he is as a person for threatening to kill you multiple times in your pre-timeleap life...

You know he's not capable of killing you.

You have a huge trust in him that he's not the person who killed you.

You don't know why or how, but you're sure of it, and if... only if... he really did kill you, then you'll still love him nonetheless.

"Are you aware how I can read your thoughts, (Y/N)?" Hanma snapped while rolling his eyes in annoyance, "Stop thinking like a lovesick puppy and fight me!"

You look at Hanma in boredom because he annoys you, too. He's a reaper, sure, but he's not contributing anything in your life, much more to all the unanswered questions inside you. He's just there to collect the souls of dead people and nothing more. He's not even the reason why you timeleap here or anything. Hanma is simply a number on all of these equations.

"No, don't compare me to an equation." He stated again and lean back while breathing hard because of exhaustion, "I don't have a control about time or space or whatever the fuck that is, but I hate it whenever you messed with a person's destiny. Everyone is destined to die, and just because you're here after your death doesn't mean you need to steal all the souls that should be mine."

"Oh, shut up," You respond, "Don't act high and morally mighty when you use Kisaki to play with people's souls, reaper. Don't make me laugh."

You didn't really have any interaction with Hanma, at least, longer interaction but you know what he's capable of. You are aware of his powers and who he is, probably because you are transported by some power here as well. You remembered the time you first met him.

The door opened revealing Hiro and Izana that just got home from the motorcycle business. They freeze upon seeing Draken, Takemitchi, and Chifuyu inside the house and seeing Emma, Shinichiro, Baji, and Izana alive shocks your three visitors. Everyone is too vulnerable upon seeing each other. That's why you silently went outside the house and gave them enough time to let all their emotions out.

I'm glad they finally met each other. I'm so glad.

You walk further away from the house and stay in a silent place far from everyone. You feel your knees weakening as you fall on the ground and cry silently. You are crying in silence where no one can see your tears. You are in a place where no one can witness your vulnerability. Tears are streaming down your cheeks as you feel some unknown pain inside your heart. You cover your mouth tightly to prevent sobs from escaping out your mouth.

I... I want to see the future with all of them, too. I want to be with them, laugh with them, and have fun with them.

If only I could but I can't.

Little do you know that there is a figure standing a few meters behind you as he silently listens to your sobs. After minutes of feeling extremely vulnerable, you wipe your tears and try to look normal before calling whoever it is that's been looking at you.

"You can come out now, it's creepy sneaking like that." You mumble and from afar, you see a tall figure wearing a black coat that seems unearthly. The man walked towards you and stood beside you. You can see some few black smoke from his robe.

"How's the realization of temporary happiness here, time leaper?" The man asked and you didn't look at him shocked at all. It's obvious that he isn't human due to his presence and figures.

"What are you exactly?" You ignored his questions and the man just chuckled. You see a tattoo on the back of his palm saying "Sin" and "Punishment" but you ignore them.

"I might not know how the future will go but I'm aware how you're trying to change it really big~" He hums and looks at you with eyes filled with threats, "It's annoying, you know."

"Are you the one who pulled me into this timeline?" You asked quietly but the man, he just laughed like he's hearing a funny joke.

"Oh, yeah, sure, I did~" He laughs again and your eyebrows cocked in disbelief because his answer didn't seem sincere at all, "No shit. I don't even know why you're here in the first place. All I know is that you're making my job hard because you keep on reviving dead people when they should be dead in the first place."

"Job?"

"Part time human, full time reaper." The man stated as if it's the most normal thing a stranger could say to anyone. You didn't flinch at all as you just nod, "Hanma's the name."

"Ah. Ok." You mumbled and Hanma raises his one eyebrow like he's saying 'Aren't you going to get shocked as fuck?' or something like that, "Did you know anything about the secret behind timeleaping or my abilities in this timeline?"

"Whoa, you're taking advantage of me so much, little mouse. Easy there~ I'm actually just here not to give you details or shits that I don't know, but I'm here to warn you."

His voice turns serious. You blink calmly, "Warn me?"

"You know how it will end, don't you?" He muttered in a mere whisper and you froze, "Your mind is in pain earlier since you want to see the future with everyone but you can't. Why are you even trying to save people's lives and make my job extra harder when you're going to—"

"Enough. What are you going to warn me about?"

He rolled his eyes in slight annoyance, "If you want to continue the path that you are trying to pursue, you are on your way to calvary. Bearing all the souls on your shoulders simply means crucifixion."

Your throat went dry as your jaw tightened.

"Is that all?" You asked in an almost inaudible manner.

"Ah~ one more thing, if I'm able to face you again, I'm going to collect your soul, too. Though, I won't be the one to initiate that." He muttered, grinned like a madman, and he leaned back before he started walking away, leaving you alone in the dark.

You stayed for an hour staring at the dark, moonless skies, before Shinichiro called you for a sweet dessert. At least, because of that, some thoughts inside your mind come to a halt momentarily.

Your knuckles hit his cheeks hard and Hanma chuckled before he punch you, too. You dodge it and punch him again. His jaw tightened while groaning in pain. You fight with him again for 15 minutes continuously and when he's finally kneeling on the ground while breathing hard, he gives you a look with a smug smile on his face.

"Is your combat ability even natural?" He asked, "Fucking unfair."

You know your combat ability is natural, though there might be some cheat in terms of your stamina since you can still stand up and fight right now against a reaper. Hanma covers one of his eyes with his hand written with the words "Sin" before he gazes at you coldly.

"You know you can't kill me, little mouse." He added with a wide smirk.

"I know, but I won't let you do your tricks." You answered and clenched your stinging knuckles.

"Tricks? Oh." He sighed and breathed heavily once again before looking at the dark sky, "Did you remember when I told you you'll experience crucifixion, (Y/N)? I think it would be more exciting if I would just wait for it to happen before I collect your soul. It will be more exciting, indeed. Maybe I'll reconsider taking their souls knowing how valuable your soul is." His eyes narrowed and you didn't falter with those words.

"Take my soul or not, I won't let you touch any of them with your filthy fingers, reaper." You whisper and step backwards from Hanma as you calm your breath, "What now?"

"I'll spare their lives as expected~" He chuckled dangerously, "You know I'll spare their lives if I fight you, don't you? It doesn't matter. I'm going to see more exciting happenings later on."

You blink and look at how Hanma's eyes slowly turn crimson red. Everything around the two of you stops as only you and him sees each other. Dark smoke starts arising from his body as he covers his other one eye with his hands written the words "Punishment".

"What are you going to do?" You asked, not feeling scared at all as you see him like this.

"I'll wait for your soul, I won't take part in this battle any longer since you exhaust me. I hate it." He waved his palm in a manipulating way as the smoke gathered around his body, "I'm not your enemy, (Y/N). I don't know why you're in this timeline but I do know who kills you before you get there. I was there when you were shot, not literally, but I was waiting to fetch your soul back then." He grins.

"You know who killed me?"

He nods and hums with a small smirk still plastered on his lips, "Oh? You don't?"

You shook your head, "I may remember my death but not the person who killed me."

"Poor soul," Hanma whispers as almost his entire body is wrapped in smoke, "Too bad, I can't spill it. It's not my job to disclose death-related information to my future clients. Good luck remembering who killed you though. More pain to come~"

He gives you a thumbs up and before you can say anything, he vanishes into smoke.

What the hell?

When you blink again, you are now standing amidst the chaos. Hanma is no longer there. Your body feels a bit painful due to your fight with him but it is nothing compared to when you fought with Manjiro. You look around and see people still fighting. There are few men coming towards your direction but you knocked them all out.

It's a good thing that Hanma won't intervene now with your plan to save everyone. You turn around and run towards somewhere once again.

After visions of your family's safety amidst the battle flashes in your mind, you feel at ease. Though, you still need to do things to make sure they will all be safe and sound. As you run towards the shipping containers, you stop when you see a man standing in front of you with calm eyes.

His white jacket is hanging on his shoulders and his black long sleeve shirt looks sexy on him. Your feet stopped on its pace and you stared into his eyes. It's really calm, like a silent moonlight. It is dangerous, yes, but there is something comforting in those eyes.

It is different from the eyes of the man you fought in your pre-timeleap life.

The Manjiro that you are seeing now is him. It is not his dark impulsivity and you are sure of it.

"Manjiro, I—" You stopped talking as your eyes widened slightly when he smiled gently. It's a familiar smile. It's a fucking familiar smile in a fucking different way. Your bristles went up and you feel an electrifying sensation down your spine.

Why didn't I realize it earlier!?

His eyes, his gazes, his smile, the entire atmosphere around him is familiar in a different way. It is enough to take your breath away. It's enough to make you crazy. It's enough to make you feel helpless, whipped, and flabbergasted in an odd, positive, way.

"Oh fuck, no way... don't tell me... you..." You whispered underneath your breath and his lips just crept into a small smile, the kind of smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

Manjiro stares into your eyes.

"Do you recognize me now after all this time, (Y/N)?"

Your entire world stopped.

This Manjiro that is standing in front of you... in the body of his past self...

He's the same Manjiro you love in the future.

YEAR 2017

When you open your eyes, you're not blindfolded but you are once again tied in a chair. Visible bruises start appearing on your skin because of your fight with Manjiro earlier and because of whatever possible reason Sanzu might inflict. That man loves beating you up and you wish to beat him someday too to return the favor.

When you open your eyes, you see a dark underground room. It seems underground since it's suffocating and there are rats running on the corners of the dirty room. You look around and see that you are all alone. The room is empty, and there is a small light bulb that serves as light. You blink and gulp as perspiration starts to run down your forehead. It's not well-ventilated and it's damn suffocating.

How many hours have passed since you fought Manjiro?

You don't know. All you can think of is the dryness on your throat as you crave for water to quench your thirst. You start struggling against the rope only to find out how it is tightly tied. You calm your breaths as you try to think rationally.

Why the hell are you doing all of these, Manjiro?

Fuck rationality, you can't think rationally right now after confirming how the man of your life wants to kill you so bad. Come to think of it, is it because you're cruel to him? Is it because you don't love him enough? Is it because you're not worth anyone's love? You truly love him. You truly care, but why are these happening to you? You just want to wake up peacefully every morning, hug Manjiro tight, or sip some coffee with him while talking about your plans for the day.

You want to live a peaceful life with Manjiro. Far from violence, far from death, far from agonizing hatred. You want to sleep every night, hugging him tight, and feel his lips pressed softly on your forehead. Is it too much? Are you being selfish to actually want to wish to live a happy life with the man you love?

Ever since you're a kid, you're all alone. Your aunt and brother are far from where you were living. You focus yourself on academics, on work, on anything professional related to at least not crave for that kind of feeling you've long experienced before. The only time when you let loose is when Detective Lunge assigned you to this mission, to make Manjiro fall for you. For the first time in a long time, you feel seen. You didn't feel alone at all. You feel things you've never felt before.

But does loving always seem this hard?

You heard a creek from the door and your thoughts stopped. You look at whoever it is and you see Manjiro entering inside. His eyes are still cold and impassive. He's wearing his usual black coat and his hair is slicked back neatly. You stayed silent until he sat down on a small chair across from you. His eyes are observing and sensitive to all your actions.

"Are you hungry?" He asked calmly.

You didn't reply. You don't see the reason why. You're tired dealing with him. You might as well die and you don't mind getting killed by him at all. For now, you just don't have the energy to interact with the person who drains you empty.

"Does your bruises hurt?" He asked once again but you didn't reply, either.

Silence.

"How do you feel, (Y/N)?" He asked gently but he"s not even doing something to untie you and get you out of this suffocating place.

Again, you didn't answer him as you looked away from his face.

"Kennedy Lunge. He's the person who assigned you to your mission, is he?" Manjiro stated. His voice is still calm and gentle but those are mere deceptions.

Your eyes widened a little as you snapped to look at him. Despite his calm way of talking, his eyes are filled with murderous intent and your heart starts beating fast with fear for what he'll do with Detective Lunge. That man is like your father! He might be workaholic as hell but he never fails to make you feel the paternal support that you've never experienced before. Your heart starts beating nervously with fear.

You remain silent but fear is visible in your eyes as you look at him. He stared straight back into you.

"They're coming to this place," Manjiro started, "What should I do to him?"

No, no, no, no. Your jaw clenches as you look at him with a pleading eyes, "D-Don't bring him into this, Manjiro."

His cold eyes stare at you blankly, "Are you crying?"

You're too preoccupied with your fear that something bad will happen to Detective Lunge that you didn't realize a single tear has fallen from your eyes. You don't want anyone important to you to experience harm. You don't want any harm for Detective Lunge, nor do you want any harm for Manjiro. They are important to you.

"Don't... don't hurt him, please." You mumble as your lips tremble in fear, "He's like a family to me, Manjiro... d-don't hurt him. Don't pull him into t-this."

His jaw clenches as you can see a glint of emotion flashes on his eyes. His cold eyes softened a little. He walks closer towards you and kneels with one knee in front of you. Since you are tied, you can't do anything now.

You are expecting Manjiro to hurt you or do whatever that can make you feel bad so you close your eyes tightly as you wait for his fist to hit you.

But instead, his warm thumb softly wipes the tears on your cheeks. Your eyes open and you see Manjiro staring at you with a blank emotion but you freeze when you see a single tear falling from his one eye as well.

"I hate seeing your tears." He whispered gently.

You don't know what you will do but your heart skipped a beat with his gestures.

"Why are you doing this to me, Manjiro?" You asked in an almost inaudible broken voice. You can't push him away, not that you want to push him away though. He reaches for your cheeks and holds it gently.

"I don't know." He answered, "If I do, I would've understood why I'm feeling this way."

You tried to think of anything but what comes out of your mouth next is probably predictable enough, "Why did you bring me here?" It's a weak-toned question, "I no longer want any of this... us."

His lips pressed tightly together as he averted his gaze from your eyes. You caught his jaw clenches painfully and how a glint of pain plastered on the emptiness of his gaze. Manjiro stayed silent for a second before he sigh faintly.

"I..." He stopped before he continued his words. His jaw tightened again as he started massaging his head like he's having an extremely painful headache, "I... want you, no, I want you dead, no... I don't want you dead."

Manjiro curses underneath his breath as he runs his fingers on his hair in frustration.

You are looking at him, unable to know how you should react. He kept on muttering curses under his breath as he was almost pulling his hair in frustration. You don't know what you would say, but your heart aches as you see him in this situation. His eyes are a little watery, like he's trying to stop his tears, but those same eyes look empty as well, like he doesn't feel any emotions.

Manjiro is kneeling in front of you while he's losing his mind. Literally.

"Manjiro—"

"You should be mine," He whispered in despair as he chuckled dryly, "But I don't want you to be chained to me, it will only hurt you. Yet, you're supposedly mine..."

Your heart starts beating fast with a hint of fear as he leans closer, pulls a gun on his pocket, and points it on your temple as his lips are almost an inch away from you.

"Mine, mine, mine. You're my possession. You have no right to go away. You are for me, you're mine... fuck!" He whimpered desperately as if he was in pain. He closes his eyes as he clenches his jaw, "You're mine, don't leave me, (Y/N). No, run away from me. You have to save yourself. I don't want to suffocate you. Please, leave me alone for fuck's sake— no, no, don't leave me, sweetheart. Stay by my side. Love me like what you used to do, I'll be a good person, I promised, no— I'll kill you, goddamn it, I'll fucking kill you because you're mine."

A tear just falls in your eyes as you watch him like this. He's crazy.

The tip of his gun is still pressed on your temples and Manjiro caresses your lips with his thumb as he stares at you, "Kill me, (Y/N)."

You are trembling upon witnessing him drowning into insanity that you didn't realize how you are already stuttering, "W-what?"

Manjiro unties the rope around you, setting you free, before he puts his gun on your palm. Your hands are cold and your heart is beating so damn fast in extreme fear for whatever it is. You look at Manjiro and he is looking at you calmly.

"You want to save me from darkness, don't you?" He whispered gently but his voice was broken like he'd just cried, "End me."

"M-Manjiro..."

He holds your hands before he guides it towards the center of his forehead. He's on his knees in front of you while you are sitting dumbfoundedly. Manjiro guides your hands, and now, you are holding the gun as it is pressed on his forehead.

"Shoot, sweetheart."

Your breath hitches as you look at him in disbelief. His face looks peaceful as he sees you are the one holding the gun. He's even smiling genuinely. Is he happy? Is he happy that you will be the one who'll kill him? Is he happy to torment you again like this?

"I-I can't, Manjiro, please... not like this—" You are cut when he caresses your cheeks as he stares into your eyes.

"I'm tired of dealing with myself," He mutters, "Save me, (Y/N). Pull the trigger."

You blink as your eyes get blurry with tears. You're shaking. You make sure your fingers are not on the trigger but Manjiro makes you hold the trigger. He's holding the gun with you and he looks determined to be shot.

"N-no...no, I won't—"

"Shoot."

"Shut up!" You shouted and gave him a dangerous angry glare, "I won't kill you to save you, Manjiro! I'd rather die than do that!"

His eyes soften as if he knows you'll say it. He sighed and put the gun inside the coat that you are wearing to hide it. His eyes become soft and gentle, gone the manipulative psycho that you've seen earlier. Manjiro's breathing is a little odd, like he's trying to control himself. He slowly leans down and plants a soft kiss on your forehead.

"If I lose myself again, kill me, (Y/N)." He whispered and caressed your cheeks gently like it's fragile porcelain— like he's afraid of hurting, "I'm sorry for what I did... it... it wasn't me, and I can't control myself at all."

Your heart squeezes when you see the sincerity in his eyes. He's telling the truth. The warmth and the love are back in those pairs of eyes and you can see how he is the person you love. It is him. It is finally the person you love controlling his body. Without any hesitation, you hugged him tightly and it made Manjiro's eyes widen a little. You buried your head on his shoulder as you sob silently, trying to maintain your composure despite everything.

"I hate you, Manjiro." You whispered. He caresses the back of your hair to comfort you. You may not see it but Manjiro's eyes soften.

"I know, I hate myself, too." He answered. You pull back, wipe your tears, and pretend a tough look. Manjiro gave you a calm expression, "Before I switched into him, I tipped the police of your location to save you. I want to be a better person for you, (Y/N), but to do that, I need to burn all the past cruelty within me. Thank you for destroying the remaining fragments of the organization. I've entrusted all the information about our fall down to Mr. Lunge. He's probably working on it as of the moment."

You are taken aback by what he stated. So he betrayed his own organization? He's the one who tipped the intelligence unit for all the information to take down Bonten? You can't believe how there are literally two sides of him. One that wants to protect you, and the other one that wants to kill you.

"Now, use that gun inside your coat. I'm getting you out of here before I turn to someone I'm not again. I have to get you out of here or he'll kill you. I'll kill you. The darkness inside me will kill you but before that happens, I'll do everything to protect you. Promise me one thing, (Y/N)."

You blink as you stand up. Manjiro stood up as well and prepared himself cautiously.

"What can I promise you?"

He smiles sincerely and you missed that smile so damn bad, "Promise me that if I end up dying here, you'll find me in a different time. In a different universe. In a different situation where I can freely love you without hurting you."

His words are genuine and a strong pang of pain punches your heart.

"You won't die, Manjiro, I won't let you—"

"Promise me, sweetheart." He whispered in a comforting manner to avoid making you cry.

Staring in his eyes hurts you because you love him so badly and you miss this person in front of you. You averted your gaze and sigh before nodding.

"I promise you, Manjiro. If our paths will ever collide, in a different universe, I'll find you. No matter what happens, I'll find you so you better wait for me."

His smile as a glint of tears appears in his eyes. He wipes it before patting your head gently to pretend as if he's not crying, "Come on now while I'm still in control of myself."

You nodded as the two of you got out of the place and you realized that you are in a wide secret warehouse. There are a lot of people there, probably the remaining Bonten members and such. The other Bonten Executives aren't there since they are probably raided by Detective Lunge's unit due to Manjiro's anonymous tip.

The men surround you and Manjiro. You didn't falter or anything but they seemed scared when they saw Manjiro standing beside you with a dangerous glare at the men. Like he'll kill whoever touches you.

"Boss—"

Manjiro's eyes narrowed in a threatening manner.

"—We're not allowed to let her escape—" Before the man finishes his words, Manjiro roundhouse kicks him, making him fall unconscious in just a second.

Everyone surrounding you dropped their jaws. You blink innocently.

"Boss, what the fu—"

Another unfortunate person fell unconscious because of Manjiro's kick.

Their jaws tightened as they positioned their bodies for combat, "You are the one who commands us to not let her escape, boss. You told us that if you'll change your mind, we have to kill her no matter what."

Manjiro remained silent but his eyes looked at you later on, ignoring the men, "Does your body still hurt?"

Now that he asked, you realized that your body is still throbbing painfully. You feel like there are some sore limbs and broken bones inside because of your fight with Manjiro, the dark Manjiro, earlier. You can't fight that much due to the intense pain in your body so you nodded in honesty.

He gives you a genuine and gentle reassuring smile, like that smile whenever he tastes dorayaki, "Very well. Leave it to me."

Before you can answer anything, Manjiro rapidly rushes towards the man and everything feels surreal. He's fast and definitely strong. You are standing there silently as he knocks everyone around you. There are like fifty men, and they all look like dolls as Manjiro effortlessly knocks them all out.

Before you get to digest what's happening, everyone is already lying on the ground and Manjiro is now standing in front of you to give a gentle head pat.

"Come on now." He was about to hold your wrist when you heard simultaneous gunshots outside the warehouse. It is possible that there are members from the police department unit since it is like the entire warehouse is surrounded by the police, and there are also a lot of Bonten people outside to fight with them.

"Manjiro." You muttered as you realized that it's already over for him. He will get into prison once again.

"Don't mind me, I'm fine inside the cells. My priority is your safety." He looked around observingly, "You have to get to your unit but it is risky for now to go outside. You also have to stay away from me now, I might disappear."

"I don't know if you are going to be put in jail. With your record, they might kill you, Manji—"

You're frozen when the door far from the two of you opens. Few people from the other police department unit raid squad enters with guns in their hands. You saw Detective Lunge enter inside with his usual suit while holding a gun as well. You are about to shout and tell them that everything is going to be alright but you feel your entire body turn cold when you hear a gunshot— no, gunshots— echoed inside the room.

It took you too long to process whatever is happening.

Why do they need to shoot when all the enemies are unconscious and knocked out by Manjiro?

You look at Detective Lunge and you see how his eyes widened a little, guilt visible on them. Your eyebrows cocked a little in confusion with the sudden emotions that he showed but all those confusion vanishes as it changes into... unexplainable fear and anxiety.

Without thinking straight, you tilt your head to look at Manjiro who is standing behind you, and you feel all energy and will to live in your body drained out when you see the man you love staring at you with his usual genuine and reassuring smile.

In those smiles, a small amount of blood spilled out from his mouth.

Slowly, your eyes look down towards his body, and you see the most terrifying thing in your life. Your hands start trembling as tears fall down your eyes like a fountain. You'll admit, you hate Manjiro... you hate him because he breaks more than he could imagine. But you've never ever hate to the point where you want him dead.

"Don't cry, (Y/N)."

You're too deaf to listen to his slowly weakening voice when you stare at his chest with few bullet holes. Lots of blood is slowly gushing out of them, and before you can react any more, you feel Manjiro's weight leaning on you. His head is on your shoulders and you're too dumbfounded to speak.

"M-Manjiro?"

His weight gets heavier as the two of you fall on the ground, with him laying on your arms, breathing hard because of the blood loss.

Instead of desperation, he gave you a gentle smile, "I told you I hate seeing your tears, didn't I? You can smile, (Y/N)." He whispers, "You're finally free from me."

>>>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 248 18
{โ„ญ๐”ฌ๐”ช๐”ญ๐”ฉ๐”ข๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ก} ๐Ÿ„ธ ๐Ÿ„ป๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ……๐Ÿ„ด ๐Ÿ„ฑ๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„บ๐Ÿ„ธ๐Ÿ„ฝ๐Ÿ„ถ ๐Ÿ„ธ ๐Ÿ„ป๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ……๐Ÿ„ด ๐Ÿ„ผ๐Ÿ„ด๐Ÿ„ฐ๐Ÿ„ณ๐Ÿ„พ๐Ÿ…†๐Ÿ…‚ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—ฌ/๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ผ ๐—–๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜‚๐˜†๐˜‚ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ...
15.2K 620 15
In which you look back at all the memories you've had with Mikey. Sano Manjiro x Reader warning: Major Spoilers, Death, Descriptions of Mental Breakd...
50.8K 678 47
These are Mikey scenarios/Oneshots and Request Page is Closed! One scenario/Oneshot= One chapter Btw this is so cringy that i can't even rewrite the...