I'll accept the flower even i...

By VioletRubyyy

they could hear the sound of cheering, it's another victory for Roan Kingdom led by their red haired commande... More

I - Poisonous Flower
II - A flower from you
III - Records of you
IV - You're beautiful
V - Do you love someone?
VI - Loving You is a mistake
VII - A breath away, for you
IX - Your Pain

VIII - A Flower Field

1.8K 138 51
By VioletRubyyy

Cale rushed to the place where the battlefield will take place, when he arrived he could see his people is ready, standing by.

"Young master-nim, we're ready to strike" said Ron, approaching from who knows where or when have he been standing behind Cale.

"Good, we will start in 5 minutes" Cale answered while still looking up in front of him, Ron stayed still beside Cale. Cale gripped the golden plaque in his hand.

"Ron" Cale called out to Ron in a whisper that only Ron could hear.

"This will be my last battle and my grave" said Cale eyes recording the scene surrounding him, the sky, the clouds, the tree and his people standing by ready to strike. He record every expression in his people face, not leaving a single person.

"To be honest..."
Cale turned his head and ended his recording on the last person, the silent Ron. Cale opened his mouth, his voice cracking

"I don't want to leave them."

There was longing in Cale's eyes, Cale maybe willingly to walk into his own grave, but there was still sorrow and hesitation, after finally he found a family and built a place where he could call home he has been missing for decades to leave them like this was obliviously painful.

cough

Cale wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth along with the petals and returned to his usual expression, he smiled "Please take care of them, Ron"

Cale look back to what's in front of him. "Young master-nim" he could hear Ron calling him bitterly. But Cale pays no mind since he know Ron will take good care of his family in his absence. So Cale just rushed forward and throw the golden plaque forward, releasing it's power and shout "attack!"

.

Cale jump from the ground and stand mid air, fire sword was swinging at him, but get blocked by Choi Han's aura. Cale was supported by Raon and Choi Han while the others was on the ground fighting against the dark elves and remaining bears from the endable kingdom.

Not long after white star was released from the embrace from Cale's ability, Cale landed the last hit on the white star, there had been a huge light emanating from them, the light was red, resembling Cale's hair, as it was from the Thames wood ancient power. Everyone look at the sky, and squinted their eyes, they waited until the red light faded and behind those light there was a red haired young man holding a cracked white mask.

clang clang clang

A sound of metal being dropped echoed, the enemy has dropped their weapons, surrendering from defeat

"Capture the evil!" Clopeh sekka shouted from the sky on top of a white giant wyvern, leading the soldier and knights to capture the surrendered enemy. They quickly brought them to the underground prison

Clopeh gaze then headed to the person leading this legend, that respected person was walking toward the end of a cliff. His people and other leader was following behind from a distance. He could hear the Roan kingdom Knight shout "It's a victory!". The sound of people cheering was so loud that even when Clopeh is far high up could feel the ground vibrate a little. Clopeh look around and descended around the people surrounding Cale.

When Clopeh arrived at the ground in the middle of the people surrounding Cale and where people standing, he could feel that the people was feeling overwhelmed by the victory, but he could also feel Cale's people worried about their liege, they were staring at Cale's back. Clopeh took a step forward.

"How delighted I am to see the end of this legend. Cale-nim, to be part of this leg- " Clopeh stopped talking, his eyes started shaking when he take a closer good look at Cale.

'This isn't right'
He looked back towards the people behind Cale, they doesn't seem to notice anything weird like Clopeh did. Clopeh has always searching for legends and want to become one, so he always observed Cale, he even replayed the video orb of Cale fighting, creating a legend over and over. Clopeh look back towards Cale, his eyes become more chaotic once he realized it. His instinct was also telling him something.

"This is the last legend" Clopeh look again into Cale's eyes, to confirm it once more, no matter how many times he tried to refute his instinct the answer always stays the same. He could see the eye of a person who look at the world differently from other people in this battlefield. Cale, he was not looking at the the battlefield where the victory take place, nor was he looking at this world, he was looking beyond it, beyond reality.

"He's going to end this legend with him"
'But why?' Clopeh couldn't understand why Cale had to. Cale didn't seem to get injured, sure he cough up blood, but it was normal amount of blood like he used to. So why? Did something happened? Clopeh's mind is getting complicated. Then his eyes widen looking at the sight in front of him.

tap

He subconsciously took a step back. The reason that Clopeh was searching so hard for was finally revealed in front of him.

tap tap

He took another step back. His hands was shaking, Clopeh couldn't hear anything, it was silent, and cold. But what's makes him shake even more is that the fact the sight in front of him was beautiful. It wasn't supposed to be beautiful so why couldn't his heart stop racing, it was beating so loudly that Clopeh felt his heart would burst.

Cale, the person he respected, he was someone he could not reach, he was a person who created many miracle along with disaster. A person who's greed so grand that you could say that he has no greed at all. The person who was stoic, cold, and emotionless but tries his best to save his people while covered in blood and faint for weeks. A person who even god could not control. That person was standing there alone surrounded by golden light , in the middle of a flower field that he created with his own flesh and blood.

Clopeh could feel tears burning his cheek, his neck cold.

'That person's end was so beautiful but... tragic'
.
.
.

"Woooo we won!"
"Victory!"
"We can go home!"
"We have won!! Woooo!"

Cale could hear the cheers surrounding the area, he have defeated the white star. He looked into his hand, a white cracked mask was in his grip along with the white star's sky attribute ancient power, and other elements ancient power. He looked to the front, no remains left of the white star, he has turned to dust.

- Cale! We have won! There is no sacrifices this time! said the glutton

Cale walked towards a cliff, while answered.

"Yeah.. it's finally over. Now it's time for us to go too"
- Cale, don't worry we'll be with you , the super rock assured

Cale look what's in front of him from the cliff, the breeze was peaceful and the air was refreshing. He took a deep breath, it was not painful, He could really enjoy this moment without feeling pain at all even though he knows that there was flower thorns all over his inside. But he knows that this feelings won't last long

'It's peaceful' Cale took another deep breath. ' let me savor this moment for a while '

After a moment of silence Cale felt his heart jump, it was a sign. Cale closed his eyes and feel the heat rushing like his blood has been boiled. Sweat was forming in Cale's forehead but he feels cold. He could even feel every part of his body sting, needle like thorns was poking everything inside him, his fingertips started to feel numb. But now that this is the end he doesn't have to fight against the pain and endure it. So he let himself be consumed by the pain and let the flower inside of him take the lead.

.
.

"Human?"
"Cale?" Said Raon and On with a shaky voice. Still frozen with everyone else present while seeing the scene in front of them. They feel like time has stop, until they saw a person take a step forward with the devastated look while muttering, "the Hanahaki disease" enough to be heard by their group.

Choi Han then took another step then followed by another while clenching his fist, then finally arrived in front of the person who made the golden flower field covered by red blood.

"Choi Han..." called Cale while looking at the blackhead sword master in front of him.

"Cale-nim... tell me who is it?" Cale look at the fierce gaze sword master, asking his liege , who is the person that his liege has fallen for until he suffer the hanahaki disease

"Tell me.. WHO IS THE BASTARD THAT MADE YOU LIKE THIS?!" yelled Choi Han while grabbing Cale's shoulder, shaking it

The other stunned seeing Choi Han screamed and shaking Cale like that. If Choi Han were to react like that, they realized that the situation is very bad.

Raon come to his senses, seeing his human being shaken like that, Raon fly towards Cale, followed by Rosalyn, Mary and Eruhaben. But they were stopped by a silver shield. Cale let out his ancient power the indestructible shield to block their way, covering Choi Han and Cale inside of it. The silver shield shining brightly, making the golden brown flower to glow even more. The scenery was beautiful and magical, if not for the black haired person inside begging the red haired for something with a desperate look.

.
.
.

"Tell me.. WHO IS THE BASTARD THAT MADE YOU LIKE THIS!?" Choi Han yelled while holding Cale and shaking it softly. Cale saw his people starting to approach him, so he blocked their way using the shield.

Minutes ago when he let himself be consumed by the flowers he had vomited a lot of flower along with blood, since the flower spread to his heart where the vitality of the heart power remains the flower was fertilized with regenerative power. When he vomited the flower, the flower bloomed and regenerate even outside of his body. So when he opened his eyes Cale was already in the middle of a beautiful golden field with his blood that was powered by the wood element made the flowers glow even more. Cale could only scoff internally with how magical this flower field looked.
Cale looked back towards the person shaking his shoulders.

"Who is it that you love so much but doesn't love back?"

"Choi Han.." Cale could only called Choi Han with a hoarse voice, his throat is dry from coughing and vomiting large full bloomed flower along with the thorns.

"It's the crown prince is it?" Said Choi Han in a voice full of certainty and rage.
Cale smiled, as if to answer Choi Han's question.

Choi Han hands that's been holding Cale slowly lossen

"Cale-nim.. let's cure it. Let's remove the flower, and if you are afraid of the consequences, I don't care if I have to kill the crown prince myself and make you hate me. But please... you have to live..."

Tears dropped from Choi han's eyes. He is desperately begging for Cale to find away to stay alive and keep living.

"You are my last home.." , said Choi Han in a quiet shaky voice.

"I'm sorry", apology is all Cale could say.

Choi Han's hand from Cale's shoulder drop loosely without energy. Choi Han has fallen into his knee. His tears keep flowing. His face full of despair, his shoulders shaking trying to stop himself from screaming and bursting into a cry. Cale retracted his shield.

Cale looked at the people that approached him, and his gazed stayed at the last person, it was Eruhaben, Eruhaben's face distorted and Cale knew why. Eruhaben started to speak.

"It's been spread all over your body, even I.. I can't heal you.. if.. if you come to me sooner you coul-" the ancient dragon was stuttering.
"I should have noticed it.. it's all my fau-"
"Eruhaben-nim" Cale cut Eruhaben off
"It was me who didn't want to get healed, it's no one's fault"

Rosalyn then screamed "why don't you want to get healed!"
At that moment Choi Han interrupted
"If Cale-nim gets it removed.. he will lost his emotion, and... and lost his memory of a person dear to him"

"No way.." Rosalyn staggered, her legs feels weak but was supported by Mary. She couldn't believe it. How could young master Cale suffer alone. How much sacrifice Cale have to make, how can someone like Cale who save a lot of people get an ending like this, his dream is even right in front of his eyes now. A rich slacker in a peaceful world, but now he doesn't have time to even savor his victory. How can-

Rosalyn plopped her head, she can't face this, it hurts..

"Ron.." called Cale, in a low hoarse voice
"Yes" , Ron appeared in front of Cale
"Call my family, I want to say goodbye"

And with that everyone except Cale's group stepped back. They lowered their head and leave, not wanting to disturb Cale final moment with his family.

"Yes young master-nim" and with that Ron leave.

Lock and gashan stepped forward, his shoulder dropped and shaky, it was clear that he had been holding his tears. Cale smiled, "come here" . Lock hesitated but still continue to move forward, slowly entering the flower field without stepping it.

Cale took something out, it was a key, "We have fulfill our agreement, now you need to protect your own siblings, here is the key to one of the villa in Harris village, we have saved more wolves, but now it's your job to protect them."

Lock took the key with shaky hands. "Why? Young master-nim. What should I do if you are not here? I'm just a-" Cale cut Lock

"Lock. What did I say before, look at the person talking to you! Raise your head"
Lock raised his head, his eyes was watery, face pale, and shaky shoulder.

"I believe in you, future wolf king" said Cale softly while patting the wolf head
Lock bit his lip. The water in lock's eyes have dropped. A sob escape from lock

"I wo.. won't let.. you down.."
Cale then make eye contact with gashan. "Gashan.." called out Cale
Gashan smiled, "you don't need to worry young master" .

Lock and gashan retreated when he hears someone called out to Cale

"Young master Cale.."
it was Tasha, Tasha approached Cale with Mary.

"Tasha.. Mary.."

Cale looked towards Mary, for the first time they made eye contact, Mary deep black eyes with spider webs along his face, meets Cale. Mary had shown her face for the first time to Cale. He hears Mary voice which surprisingly not robotic at all, it was shaky and hoarse.

"Young master-nim, Thank you"

Cale smiled at Mary, then looked towards the frozen dark elf beside Mary. Tasha look at Cale with an expression he didn't know the carefree elf could make. There was anger, sorrow, and disbelief. Cale didn't really know why Tasha react so strongly like this. But he doesn't have any time to think about it. It doesn't matter anymore when you are already 1 foot inside your grave.

Tasha started to talk
"What about his highness?"
Cale couldn't answer. He just stayed silent. And Tasha started to shout

"WHAT ABOUT HIS HIGHNESS? Does he know? Are you really going to leave him like this? Without saying anything?"
Just when Cale about to answer he hears someone shouting and people approaching. "CALE!" he looked at the source. There was Duke Deruth running towards him, along with Duchess Violan, Basen and Lily. Cale look back to Tasha

"Tell his highness, I'm sorry"
Tasha then slumped, her face indescribable, she stepped back then ran away in anger. Mary followed while calling out to her. Cale couldn't think about it as suddenly there was Deruth in front of him with a tired face and tears. Deruth approached and held both of Cale's shoulder.

"My son.. how.. how.. did.. this happened? Where did it.. go wrong..?"

Even though he is not the original Cale, Cale is still his son, so he hugged Deruth and pat him in the back "Father.. please let me go, do not blame anyone, as it is my wish to leave"

Deruth started to shake and hug Cale tightly but still Careful not to break his bloodied son. Deruth then let Cale go while nodding his head. Cale look towards his side, there was basen and lily. Cale opened his arms " basen, lily"
They then hugged Cale why sobbing silently, they were still young, but they old hide their emotion well.
"I'm leaving the Henituse Duchy to you" Cale whispered. Then they let go of Cale, Cale made eye contact with duchess Violan, she is the only person that could think rationally in a situation like this, so he supported Deruth and smiled towards Cale.

They leave, Cale look at Rosalyn and Eruhaben.
"Eruhaben-nim.. I'm leaving the kids to you"
"You unlucky bastard" Eruhaben grumble in a low voice. It was not his usual tone when he said those thing. It was long and full of sadness.

"Rosalyn.. take care". Rosalyn raised her slumped head, and bit her lip.
Cale look towards a direction he has been avoiding since he created the flower field. His eyes trying not to form water and stopped his sob.

"Are you not going to say goodbye?"
Cale trying to sound as steady as possible, but his voice still cracked from the sob he's trying to swallow. Seconds after Cale said those words, Cale staggered from the impact. He was hit by an embrace he will longed when he leave.

sob sob

Sob and hiccups could be heard from Cale embrace. Raon, On and Hong had hugged Cale while crying. They were silent looking at Cale all this time, but now they have been broken by sobs in Cale's arm

"Hic.. you liar! Hic.. you said.. we will.. farm together.. hic.."
"You promised to travel.. sob.. with us.."
"You said you'll never leave us.. uwaa"

Cale crouch down with the 3 children in his arms, they hug while sitting in a flower field and crying. Raon and Hong was especially bad, they're screaming, sobbing, and choking while saying that Cale was a liar. Tears dropped from Cale's now watery eyes. He didn't want to cry in front of the children, but it's hard, when the reason why Cale was hesitant to leave this world was because of these 3.

They were together since Cale arrived at this world, he has never been alone since he met and took them in. Cale really thought of them as his own children. Cale hugged them tightly not wanting to let go, not noticing that blood was starting to flow from all over Cale, mouth, ears, nose, and eyes. Cale closed his eyes and repeatedly apologized to the children he will left behind.

The silence was filled with the sob and cries of 4 people in the near cliff. "Please.. take care of yourself okay? Eat well, sleep well, play well"

Cale could feel the 3 children shaking their head. So he release his arm to create a gap between them and looked at the mess in front of him.

" promise me and I will also promise that one day we will meet again. Hmm?"

Cale patted their head and reassure them
"I will make sure it will happen ok? I'll even curse the god If he won't do it"

Finally the 3 nodded their head. Cale didn't know if he could meet them again, but if he could meet Lee so hyuk in the God of Death realm when he fainted once, them he can make a deal with him. Cale hug them again but had to raise his head soon when he hears loud sound coming from a distance.

His eyes started to shake, his fingertips felt numb, the flower started to spread and glow even more around him, wind was blowing making Cale feel cold and his hair fluttering widely. He released his hug from the 3 children and trying to stand up, while looking at the man in front of him. Blood tears prick his cheek onto his chin.

As I stand in front of you while I bleed,
Waiting for time to take me away
I watched how despair clouded your eyes.
Do not blame or hate yourself
As I am just a person in love, trying to save his loved one.
But I am happy to see you look at me like I'm your most precious thing
Even if it's just my 'hallucination'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 9.5K 39
What if The original Cale didn't got transferred to another world and stay in the original world? let us find out! Cale Henituse.. Cale has the title...
Reason By Ociii7

Fanfiction

12.2K 872 11
Cale Henituse, the Roan Empire's Silver Shield Commander who was loved by all, breathed his last in old age surrounded by his precious family. Cale...
4.6K 336 10
"Trash!" 'Why?' "Kill that traitor!" 'All i did was love you to the best of my abilities, so why?' "You should go die!" 'I wish-' "How unsightly." Th...
17.1K 994 19
γ€” Kim Rok Soo x Cale Henituse (og!) 〕 γ€Š Discontinued! 》 Cale made a deal with the god of death, he returned to the past and was surprised because the...