Only One Night

By verm1llion

This is a story about a thousand year old royal vampire and a twenty six year old human woman. They have been... More

2| ...One Kidnapper?
3| ...One Game
4| ...One Assignment
5| ...One Dress
6| ...One Drive
7| ...One Party
8| ...One Party
9| ... One Party
10| ...One Irritation
11| ...One Interesting Answer
12|...One Foolish Hope
13|...One Absurd Thought
14| ...One Tour

1| ...One Club

8K 148 131
By verm1llion

-

-

The thundering music of Serina's death trap choice of a nightclub pounds in my ears. Why she thought going clubbing would be a smart waste of time on a Wednesday night is beyond me. Yet, I tend to not question her reasons, and she did promise that I would be able to forget.

That's what this night is about. This night is a time for washing away all the painful memories of my terrible past decisions.

Even if my best friend's ways are that of a notorious party girl; even if those ways may end up causing me a lot of trouble, and even if I may end the night puking my guts out in some nasty cum-covered bathroom. Honestly, at this point, I'll do anything for one night of peace.

Okay, maybe not anything. I wouldn't sleep with a stranger. That's where I draw the line. STDs are a thing after all.

I take a deep breath before downing the shot of tequila Serina placed in my hand moments ago. My face scrunches sourly at the taste as the liquid burns my throat on its way down, filling my empty stomach with its fire. Maybe skipping lunch was a bad idea.

"There's my girl!" Serina shouts into my ear, a huge smile on her face, "Thought I lost you!"

I offer her a small smile in return, not matching her boisterous energy at all. Though, that does little to sway her mood as she gulps down four more tequila shots before handing me another. It's like the liquor doesn't phase her, no reaction to the fire like me.

"Drink up babydoll, the night has just begun!" She says, her words slurring together. Okay, she still reacts somewhat.

I take the shot with little hesitation. This time the liquid doesn't burn as much. Instead of watering my eyes like the one before, it goes down with only a little fire. Serina's brown eyes are wild as they watch me finish the shot. She cheers for me afterward like the supportive, crazy, friend she is.

"Do you feel the haze yet?" She asks.

"Kind of, my hands feel tingly," I reply.

She smirks, a restless glint in her eye, "Then you need to drink more."

She flags the bartender down for another round. He complies happily, a flirtatious smile on his lips as he looks at Serina. She eyes him with hunger, most likely planning how to leave the club with him later. When she's locked on a target there is no stopping her. I almost feel bad for the poor guy, he has no idea what's in store for him. With her track record, it's bound to be something that has him questioning his reality.

Serina hands me the five shots that the bartender poured for her, "Drink!"

I look down at the overfilled shot glasses, this time hesitant to drink the liquid, "Uh- I don't know-

"Oh c'mon Rosy! I promised you would have fun. Drink up!" She insists, her brown eyes giving me that puppy-dog look. The look that she always does when she wants to do something "fun"her definition of fun and mine, are vastly different, practically on opposite sides of the spectrum.

Yet that look works like a fucking charm, it has for the past fifteen years.

"Fine." I roll my eyes before downing all five shots in one go.

I nearly choke on the last one, coughing like a five-year-old before Serina pulls on my arm impatiently. She smiles at me, the small gap between her front teeth giving her a sense of fake innocence, "Let's dance Rosy!"

She pulls my arm with her as we walk to the dance floor. Her heels click on the concrete flooring of the club. Bodies surround us once we make it to the very crowded dance floor. We stop in the middle, stuck between many drunk-dancing people. She turns around and places her arms over my shoulders, swaying her hips to the music.

"Move those hips!" She shouts over the thundering melody.

"You know I can't dance!" I shout back.

"I know! Just move Rosy!" She smiles encouragingly at me.

I swallow the lump that had formed in my throat and start to move my body to the rhythm. My limbs are stiff at first, but as time goes on the liquor catches up to me. Those seven tequila shots do their job, successfully blanketing my mind in a comfortable haze. I don't allow myself to think as my hips sway. I shut my eyes, allowing the haze to take over and the rhythm of the music to guide me.

I'm a wave, fluid, and free. A very uncoordinated wave that pulls out dance moves from a middle school dance, but a wave nonetheless.

I'm not sure when exactly I lost Serina, but the warmth of her arms is gone and I don't mind it as much as I usually would. I feel possessed by the energy of those around me, controlling my moves as I sway my body.

Perhaps it was the liquor.

Possibly it was the haze.

Maybe it was the feeling of a powerful gaze piercing into me; watching my every move.

I don't care. Not tonight. Certainly not after taking seven shots of sweet firey freedom.

I feel someone's warm hands snake their way around my waist. Their lower half grinds into me, the music changing to a song meant to be danced by two. I can feel the strain in my new dance partner's pants as they press it into my back. It feels, small, and unpleasant with the way it pokes me.

I want to push them away, but my arms feel heavy with the haze.

"Let's take this to the bathroom sexy," Their hot breath fans my neck, striking a new sense of fear inside me.

How classy. Am I rolling my eyes? I'm not sure. I feel like I am.

I force myself to push through the muck that limits my movement and turn around, shoving the person away, "Gross." I can only manage a one-worded response, hoping it will do the trick in warding them off.

Shocker: it doesn't.

"Don't be like that baby girl," they say, gripping my arm tight. I'm going to vomit on them.

I wince at the force of their grip, "Don't touch me!" My voice was an octave higher than I wanted it to be.

I hope I don't draw too much attention. I look around lazily, my eyes scanning the crowd of blurred bodies. No one seems to have heard me and I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

Their grip gets tighter, pulling me into their hard body, "I'll do whatever I want bitch."

My stomach twists in knots at the sound of their groggy voice. The haze still has control over my mind. I can hardly see their face, only a blur of blonde hair and blue eyes. I go to raise my hand, but their grip on me is gone in seconds. The blur of blue and blonde is replaced with a clear picture of a god.

Exaggeration? Fuck no.

I'm not sure how this man is managing to break through the haze in my mind but I can see him clear as day. A sharp jawline, clean of any facial hair. Tousled brown hair, that falls into dark eyes. Oh fuck, those eyes. They're like opaque pools of nothingness framed with long thick lashes. His full lips are drawn into a frown, and a set of dimples shows on each cheek.

I find myself wanting to ease whatever worries him; to erase the reason for his frown. I also find myself wanting to break that, "no sleeping with strangers" rule. He wouldn't have an STD, he looks too perfect. Although looks can be deceiving.

The loud music is silent as our eyes lock, the dancing people around us are motionless as his hand reaches up to my cheek, "You're alright now."

His thumb rubs soothing circles on my cheek, pulling my lips apart at the action, "Breath."

With his command, my lungs let in air. Had I not been breathing? I didn't even realize.

His frown turns into a small smile, the dimple on his left cheek deepening, "What's your name?"

"Roselynn," my response is immediate.

Usually, I would be embarrassed by how eager I was to respond to him, but the haze still lingers and washes my worries away. The only thing on my mind is him. Whoever this handsome man is.

"Such a lovely name," his voice is low, deep, and raspy with a hint of an accent.

British? Welsh? Scottish? Irish? I can't place it. I'm too focused on the color of his eyes and the feel of his hand on my face. His circular motions with his thumb stop as he moves his hand lower, pinching my chin with his thumb and index finger.

He tilts my head slightly up, "You're beautiful, Roselynn."

I can feel my cheeks heat at the compliment, "Thank you."

His eyes focus on my reddened cheeks. The opaque pools seem to darken, his brows narrowing and his lips drawing into a thin line. I want to reach my hand up and erase the line. I want to paint a smile in its place. His smile is so pretty. I want to see more of it.

His hand leaves my face fast as if it had burned him. My brows furrow in confusion at the action. I want to ask him why, but I can't seem to get any words out.

He closes his eyes and opens them up again, but this time his eye color has changed. Instead of dark nothingness, they are a striking deep crimson. The color reminds me of fresh blood. I know I should be creeped out by them and by the fact his eyes changed color. However, my heart remains steady and I feel calmer than I ever have.

His crimson eyes peer into me with an intensity I have never felt before and his full lips part to speak, "Sleep."

The world around me slows as my eyes flutter close. My senses slip away and welcome the darkness.

Have I finally forgotten?

-

Don't forget to vote and comment! I love hearing what you guys think while reading. The comments are sometimes the best part of a Wattpad story!

- 10-19-22 -

hey besties! omg this is the first chapter of OON and as i was reading this it brought back some serious nostalgia, i felt like i was writing it for the first time all those months ago :')

not a lot has changed, just a few things here n there, and the story has remained the same just fixed up some errors and added more flavor... which is what i will be doing to all the published chapters

-v

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 61K 34
When Sarah Solomon took refuge in an old cottage in the woods, she knew it would only be a matter of time before the monsters came a' calling. Curse...
33 0 1
Delve into darkness, chaos, blood, sex, and romance as you enter the vampiric take of a mortal girl turned vampire by a soul older than time. He has...
5.8K 236 16
A story about how the weakest vampire on earth, meets the love of her life.
326K 12.4K 56
he didn't know he was looking for love. she didn't know vampires were real. is it fate, or something else entirely?