OVERCAST ▕⃝⃤ Regulus Black

Oleh lovettvalley

The sun watched Phoibe Evadine by day but at nightfall the moon learnt all of her secrets. And the one she wa... Lebih Banyak

- - - - ࿐໋₊ CAST LIST
~PART ONE ~
Chapter One - THE LESTRANGE MANOR
Chapter Two - GUILTY
Chapter Three - NOT FUN
Chapter Four - THE FRONT PAGE
Chapter Five - KISS WITH A FIST
Chapter Six - THE INVITATION
Chapter Seven - TRUCE
Chapter Eight - THE WEDDING
Chapter Nine - THE RECEPTION
Chapter Ten - THE MONA LISA
Chapter Eleven - I DARE YOU
Chapter Twelve - RUN
Chapter Thirteen - REGGIE
Chapter Fourteen - DON'T LOOK
Chapter Fifteen - TOO CURIOUS
Chapter Sixteen - MAYBE
Chapter Eighteen - THE HOGWARTS EXPRESS
Chapter Nineteen - IT WAS NEVER HATE
Chapter Twenty - FRIENDS
Chapter Twenty One - DISTRACTED
Chapter Twenty Two - AMORTENTIA AND THE TRUTH

Chapter Seventeen - HYPOTHETICALLY

1.2K 81 190
Oleh lovettvalley

*✮ . . ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ . . ° .•

࿐໋₊Chapter Seventeen ₊˚.༄
HYPOTHETICALLY

song guide ♬ would it kill you if we kissed? ~ heather june

Once again let's keep in mind that theres some unreliable narrating going on here haha

*✮ .. ° ☆ . °¸ . • ✮ . • °:. ₊ ° . ☆ .  . ° .•

Regulus Black did not know how much longer his patience would last. All he wanted was to hop onto a broom and beat Sirius' team into a pulp. The raven haired boy playing cards with Kreacher, had clutched them so tightly they began to warp. He glanced to his right and sure enough Sirius was still staring at him amongst his silly group of friends.

Regulus was surprised he was even looking at him at all. Amongst their time staying at Hogwarts over the past two years Sirius had barely talked to him. Granted their were a few moments in the previous term that Sirius had tried to engage him in an effort to salvage whatever had been left of their relationship, but Regulus was not interested. Every time he saw Sirius Black the wizard was reminded how he would never fit in especially not with the self proclaimed marauders of all people. But the displacement he felt ran deeper than that. Though he thought Sirius betrayed him in many ways Regulus knew he was not entirely innocent either, despite what he outwardly claimed.

The younger brother had adopted the exact kind of blood purist attitudes to the extreme of Severus Snape, someone who Sirius had openly hated for years. Regulus had bullied and tormented so many people and doubted whether Sirius could truly ever forgive him for that.

It was complicated to say the least about how Regulus felt about his brother, though he is certain that the longer time passes, the less he despises Sirius and the more he loathes himself.

But he would never forget his brother abandoning him either as that memory would never absolve the last bit of hatred he had for the older boy.

Regulus' thoughts were broken by the view being blocked by a familiar willowy blonde and a short brunette. His eyes could not help but drift to Phoibe Evadine rather than Pandora Lestrange as she loomed over him eyebrows quirked and arms folded.

And it was a little cute?

Regulus figured he still was suffering with the after effects of his concussion after being hit with a bludger.

"Ready to play Reg?" Pandora asked drawing his attention to her.

"Finally." Regulus got to his feet grasping his broom from the grass Kreacher following suit.

"Not quite yet." Phoibe added. "The game isn't going to start until Estelle and James are back."

Regulus sighed in annoyance but a few moments later the Gryffindor and Slytherin emerged from the woods rather awkwardly distanced. It seemed whatever conversation that happened between them had not gone so well.

"I think that might mean we're switching up teams." Pandora commented a little glumly. It was clear to Regulus she had wanted her sister and James Potter to be back together once more. "I should check on Estelle." She added noticing the raven haired witch had now veered far away from their main group of friends.

Abruptly, Pandora was gone and Regulus was confused on why Phoibe Evadine was still stood in front of him. He cleared his throat trying to make conversation resting his broom over his shoulder.

"Are you on my team?"

"No way. I'm not playing." Phoibe uncontrollably snorted at the idea. "I'm like broom repellent or something."

Regulus had seen the girl play before, if you could even call it that. It was true she wasn't exactly graceful.

"I remember when you used to get smacked in the face by broom handles in flying lessons." He recalled their first year.

"Empathy is not your strong suit is it Black?"

"Come on Roses, its funny." A small smile began to grace his lips.

"Not to me. I was so embarrassed going to Madam Pomfrey every week." Phoibe muttered under her breath.

"Play." Regulus repeated.

"Why so you can laugh at me?"

"I can do that anytime, any place, and I definitely don't need quidditch as an excuse." The wizard stated his tone lighter not carrying the words as an insult but rather a little playful taunting.

"I'm more of a hazard to the team than a help. You do know that right?" Phoibe checked.

Regulus' hands gripped his broom a little tighter and his next words were a little unsure. "Yeah but I can help you... if you wanted me to? I could show you how to at least stay up right."

"No." Phoibe shook her head. "I can't."

"Can't or won't?" He questioned. "Don't make me dare you Evadine."

"I don't have even have a broom." She said.

"I can get Kreacher to get one of my old ones. Don't make excuses live a little." He turned to the elf. "Please could you get my old shooting star from the shed? I don't think it's a good idea I give Evadine anything faster."

"Prat."

"Twit."

"Trollope."

⭒⭒⭒

Sirius Black did not have many regrets in his life. He was the type of wizard to live in the present not wanting to dwell too deep in the past as it had been, gone and could not be changed. However, certain things he was sure would be stitched into him forever.

In was most evident to him in moments with Remus. The moments where Sirius' thoughts screamed in the silence everything he wanted to confess and was denied everytime the words almost made it to his lips.

It was like Remus knew exactly what he was going to say and then Sirius would see it. The sandy haired boy would look at him with the remnants of distrust and betrayal he felt the night of that stupid prank at the beginning of last school year.

Sirius Black would have done anything to take back that night. A night where he had been so callous of consequences. He couldn't justify it. How could he justify leading Severus Snape to the whomping willow on a full moon? How could he justify not only putting Remus' secret at risk but also creating his biggest fear of hurting someone.

He had lost his friends for weeks on end that had turned into three whole months of silence. And the silence had certainly given the wizard some time to reflect and definitely enough time to be shocked that his fellow marauders would take him back in the first place.

Remus had been the first to forgive Sirius, but something about that conversation had always seemed hollow, like the young werewolf viewed it as something he had to do rather than wanted to. But that wasn't to say Remus had forgotten.

Sirius Black was sure Remus Lupin would never forget what he had done to him.

And It weighed on his heart in the moments the humour and company of his friends were not there to lift it.

His guilt made him question every decison he had made in all of his life and another weight he wanted to lift had emerged.

Sirius had never quite seen eye to eye with his brother, mainly because after attending Hogwarts for a year Regulus had spent the first day of summer gluing newspaper articles of The Dark Lord to his wall. He wondered more recently if that was his fault. Sirius hadn't meant to let their house divide come between them but it was hard when Regulus seemed to represent everything his parents wished he was, who he should have been. Maybe he should have tried harder to yank him away from hanging out with the likes of Malfoy and Goyle rather than cursing him out for it. Maybe that could have saved him.

But the moment he thought about most was the night he left Grimmauld Place, the night he tried to save his brother. He had asked Regulus to escape with him to only to be met with the coldness of a no. Sirius thought he was cowardly for that, but the more he had thought about it lately, Sirius failed to see a scenario where he would ever say yes.

And once again he wondered if that was his fault. Of course he could never control his brothers thoughts or beliefs, that was Regulus' choice, but Sirius constantly felt like he should have done more to prevent the tormentor his brother would become.

In fact, he had attempted after Christmas for a few months last year to break through to Regulus but was once again met with no.

And so Sirius doubted whether his brother had really changed. Sure Regulus had managed to befriend someone as kind as Pandora but she had always ventured to see the best in people even when it wasn't necessarily there.

But Phoibe Evadine?

His most recent friend had claimed to despise the boy, and while Sirius had no doubt she had a clear dislike for him, he knew it wasn't hate and had a funny feeling it would not last when Regulus seemed to be smiling at her and she wasn't pushing him away as expected.

The older brother was uncomfortable to say the least as he stared at across the field the younger wizard actually talking to to her.

What was he up to?

Sirius was suspicious. Especially when he knew Regulus was right under their mother's thumb after not wanting to leave her. It was no secret that Phoibe Evadine's father was on his way to becoming the new Minister of Magic and so Sirius wondered whether that was why Regulus seemed to suddenly be so friendly.

The Gryffindor's stomach dropped at the idea of Phoibe being used as some kind of pawn in his mother's endless games.

Maybe he should go over there and give her an excuse to leave. Phoibe was probably looking for one. Sirius could only imagine Regulus' current absmal conversational skills ranged from insults to quidditch tactics.

However, the wizard wasn't exactly looking for trouble unlike usual. Sirius figured marching over would only make Regulus want to sink his claws in further. He had always been petty like that.

"Peter?" Sirius nudged his friend who had been polishing the end of his broom finally feeling encouraged enough to play the second game of the day.

"What?"

"Can you go over there and see what they are talking about?" Sirius gestured across the field.

"Can't think of a worse way to spend my time." Peter snorted. "Besides I doubt Regulus would say a word with any of us around especially me. He always hated me the most, well besides you."

"I wasn't exactly thinking you would be going over there as yourself..." Sirius hinted.

"No." Peter shot down the suggestion.

"Oh come on Wormy." Sirius tried to persuade him. "I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important."

"Yes you would."

"Okay but that's because we're friends and I know I can always count on you to help me."

"I don't know... Last time you asked me to do it Allegra almost stomped me out. It was not worth finding out her quidditch plays. What if Phoibe is scared of rats too? "

"I'm sure she isn't." Sirius replied and Peter began to consider the request.

"I'm just a little worried about her." Sirius admitted. "Don't you think it's strange my brother has such an interest in her."

"Maybe he likes her." Peter shrugged.

"Yeah right." Sirius snickered but Peter did not seem to be joking.

Sirius was about to question him when he felt a vice on his arm.

"Pads I've really fucked it this time." James Potter had appeared yanking his best friend away in a complete panic.

"What are you on about?" Sirius questioned confused quickly forgetting about his brother.

"Stelle. I messed it up. I really messed it up." James elaborated.

"How?"

"I don't know it was like I just word vomited all over her."

"What did you say!" Sirius exclaimed

"Everything Pads! Everything! Merlin I only meant to ask her out for a butter beer but I- well I..."

"You didn't..." Sirius trailed hoping what he was thinking was wrong.

James stared at Sirius a worried, a guilty smile etching on to his face

"You don't know what it's like she stares at me and then it's like her eyes just force the truth out of me or something." James tried to explain himself.

"And..." Sirius braced himself.

"And I may or may not have told her I still love her..."

"James!"

"I know okay! I know." The messy haired boy sighed burying his face in his hands. "I just can't help it."

"You fucking idiot." Sirius half laughed and half tusked pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Don't laugh. I really screwed up."

"What did Estelle say?"

"Nothing. That's what made it worse Pads. She just stared at me..."

"Well shit."

"What do I do?" James asked almost taring his hair out from tugging it too tight.

"I don't think you can do anything Prongs." Sirius replied apologetically. "You know Estelle, she likes to work things out herself."

"But that's not fair when it involves me too!" The messy haired boy exclaimed attracting the attention of Gideon Prewett who shot him a puzzling look which caused James to lower his voice glumly. "I'm just tired of it Pads. She broke up with me. She never even told me why. And I've be so patient in trying to find that out because I do think she still cares but she's making that so hard right now. I'm just tired of it. What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing Prongs." Sirius reassured immediately throwing an arm around him for comfort. "I'm sure of that much."

⭒⭒⭒

Regulus had spent the past 20 minutes trying to persuade Phoibe to play quidditch.

The brunette had no idea why. It had really been a lost cause until he had shoved a broom into her arms. The Shooting star was light and had strands of silver threaded through the wood. It was beautifully crafted and the witch figured it didn't look too scary after all. Phoibe had agreed to start letting him help her fly.

"Evadine you can't play like that." Regulus sighed and Phoibe narrowed her silver eyes at him. What had she done wrong? Was Regulus really the kind of teacher to nit pick before the lesson had even began?

Of course he was! How could she even lower herself to thinking he would actually want to help her and not just use this as an opportunity to make her feel silly and-

She stilled as Regulus' fingers made sure her loose strands were tucked behind ears before they raked through her hair gathering it neatly to tie into a low ponytail.

"You cant play quidditch with your hair down especially with the amount of of it you've got." He said. "Have you ever thought a hair cut?" He remarked.

"Have you ever thought about about not commenting how you think a girl should look?"

"You're twisting my words."

"And you're pulling my hair too tight." Phoibe lied.

Last summer her brother had wanted to learn how to plait hair, to help Lanesia while Phoibe was away at school and the brunette could only describe the event as barely having escaped with her scalp.

But Regulus Black hadn't attempted such a thing. In fact he was being rather gentle until her untruthful words had caused him to halt his actions.

"I'm not actually hurting you am I?" He checked.

Phoibe felt guilty for having suggested it in the first place and so shook her head.

He continued and the witch wondered where he had even gotten anything to tie her hair up in the first place.

"I could have done that myself." She stated as he twisted the last knot of the band delicately. However, her words did not express quite the conviction she wanted as she was distracted by the way Regulus was staring at her, his hands brushed her neck as he slowly brought them back to his sides.

"I know." He replied relaxed yet somehow completely focused on her features. This made Phoibe comfortable enough to study him further and she found herself becoming increasingly interested in-

No.

What was she thinking!

She cleared her throat. "So show me how to stay up right on this thing." Phoibe said referring to the broom in her arms.

"Right." Regulus nodded. "Get on then." He gestured.

Phoibe rolled her eyes and clambered onto the broom that almost juted out from underneath her.

"Okay lean forward a little bit you're too tense and upright. It's like someone petrified you."

"Such a kind and encouraging teacher you are." Phoibe scoffed.

"Just do it." Regulus instructed.

Phoibe huffed leaning forwards and tried to loosen up. The broom ceased jittering almost entirely.

"Good now just remember to keep those eyes forward and not look at the ground or that's where you'll head."

"I like the ground." Phoibe said.

"Not when you're crashing on to it you won't." Regulus replied swiftly getting onto his own broom with a graceful ease Phoibe had never quite noticed before. Merlin was she really getting slightly impressed over a tiny thing like that?

"Follow me." He said pushing forwards to the edge of the field and Phoibe did her best to do so. She had not had quite as much luck doing exactly that as her broom jolted to the side causing her to tip and fall on to the grass. Regulus had heard the impact doubling back to Phoibe almost immediately with lightening speed of his latest comet broom model.

"You okay?" Regulus poked his head over her before she got up brushing herself off.

"This is going to be a shit game." Phoibe ignored the question a little embarrassed she had only last a few seconds in the air.

Regulus snickered.

"What?" Phoibe prompted.

"Nothing. It's just funny when you swear."

"Why? Because I'm such a goody two shoes? Well so are you. Didn't you get invited to Slughorns little club too?"

"Evadine I wasn't implying it like that."

"Oh but you were definitely thinking it."

"Or maybe I was thinking about how you swore at Mulciber last term for five minutes straight after he hexed second year in the hallway." Regulus tossed out the memory and Phoibe shifted awkwardly.

"You heard that?" Her cheeks began to tint pink.

"I think anyone on the other side of the castle could have heard... You have quite the vocabulary."

"Shut up." She mumbled. "I was being completely uncivilized. I should have just told a teacher."

"Roses you are uncivilized and that's why I like annoying you so much."

"Have I told you I hated you yet today?"

"Once or twice."

"Well here's another reminder, I hate you."

"Still has a ring to it." He let a small smirk slip onto his lips.

⭒⭒⭒

Why Phoibe had been dubbed keeper had been beyond her. She figured her friends thought it was wise to put her in the position that required the least amount of flying, but did not account for the fact that she hardly wanted quaffles launched at her either. It was safe to say that her team was losing because of this, not that anyone particular minded too much as the game was for fun but Phoibe had never quite seen Regulus Black so concentrated in his life. He hovered above most of the brutal action below to gain the quaffle in search of the snitch. Maxwell seemed eager also being able to play. He wasnt quite brave enough to go against the Slytherin as a Seeker so also settled on playing keeper like his sister. He was definitely better than Phoibe and she had never seen an eleven year old zip so fast between hoops.

Once again Marlene McKinnon had zoomed towards Phoibe launching the ball and once again Phoibe dodged it.

"It helps if you actually block!" Regulus called from above and the brunette stuck her middle finger up at him. The gesture was going to be returned until a flit of gold crossed his vision and he darted after it. Mary McDonald also chased after the snitch but her broom was clearly not as fast as Regulus and so it was not surprise when his fist closed around the tiny ball and he smirked smugly.

Unfortunately, the points from the snitch had not mattered much as Remus pointed out the score from the ground. Phoibe had let too many scores slip past her causing Fabian Prewett to punch the air in victory along with cheering with the rest of his team. Allegra rolled her eyes at the gloating as everyone dismounted their brooms breaking into small conversations.

"You really are shit." Maxwell spoke his mind coming to stand next to Phoibe who jaw dropped yanked the hood of his muggle jacket over his eyes so he could not see.

"Don't swear." Phoibe scolded. "Its a bad habit."

"Says you." Maxwell grumbled tugging his hood back down. "At least you tried though." The auburn boy changed the subject. "I didnt think I'd ever get to see you fly."

"Well you did brilliant Max." Phoibe smiled at him. "I'm really proud of you."

"Really?" Max's eyes glowed at the compliment.

"Yes." Phoibe laughed. "I think you've got a good chance of getting on to a quidditch team this year."

"Thanks!" The boy replied enthusiastically before he spotted Pandora and ran up to her shaking her hand for a good game.

"Deputy why haven't you spent time with me todayyyyy?" Sirius Black's familiar voice whined from behind her.

"Because you're a big child." Phoibe pointed out.

"I'm older than you." Sirius reminded. "You should respect your elders." He tutted pretending to stroke his imaginary beard mockingly which made Phoibe chuckle.

"No but really, I thought you would have wanted to hang out more today?"

"Why couldn't you have suggested this before people wanted to launch quaffle's at me?"

"It was fun if you ask me." Sirius grinned cheekily and Phoibe elbowed him though it didn't have much of and effect with his quidditch pads still on.

"It's okay I like it rough." Sirius winked.

The witch rolled her eyes humoured. "Some things are better kept to yourself, you do know that right?"

"Ah but where's the fun in that?" Sirius asked nudging her. "You know what's also fun?"

"What?"

"Not talking to my brother when you don't have to..."

Phoibe was taken back by this statement. All playfulness Sirius usually possessed had suddenly disappeared.

Phoibe tilted her head slightly in confusion that his demeanour had changed so quickly.

"I just think you shouldn't spend too much time together, that's all." Sirius explained. "It's probably best, you don't want to make my mother too aware of your existence."

Phoibe thought it was a little too late for that but said nothing. Though it was interesting to her that both Sirius and Regulus seemed to have the same opinions of their mother yet only the older brother had left home. It was a intriguing case.

Phoibe nodded not being able to verbally agree. There was just something about Regulus Black that her curiosity could not resist even if she couldn't stand him most of the time.

⭒⭒⭒

Almost everyone from the quidditch match had gone home. Phoibe was left with Pandora lying on the grass staring to the sky. Maxwell sat in between them while Regulus was on Phoibe's right but with some distance between them.

"Just a few days now." The blonde said. "Until we're fifth year, can you believe it?"

"Hardly..." Phoibe trailed. "But I think I'm ready for it."

Pandora feigned a gasp. "Did Phoibe Evadine just say she was ready for change?"

"Stop." Phoibe giggled. "I'm not saying I love all change all the time." She clarified. "But I'm ready for the new school year and definitely ready to leave certain things behind."

"Me too." Pandora agreed. "And we have the Quibbler now! Just think about how many people we're going to be able to share that with!"

The brunette beamed. "Its going to be amazing Pan I know it."

"I'm going to try and have the first issue pulled together by October, just in in time to celebrate Halloween."

"That sounds perfect to me." Phoibe agreed her brain already brimming with article ideas.

"Is it only going to have words in the magazine?" Maxwell piped up from in between the two girls. "Because that will be so boring."

Pandora laughed. "Well what would you add into a magazine Max?"

The boy fidgeted awkwardly at the question nervous to say his answer. "I don't know..." He mumbled, "Maybe people should have something to go with it, like something fun... something to help with whatever magical creatures your writing about."

"Max that's a great idea!" Pandora sat up to give the boy a high five, a muggle custom they had all become very familiar with.

"Cool." Maxwell nodded his face a little pink. The colour only seemed to redden even further when a voice called across the field.

"I brought you lunch dears!" Phoibe Aunt Arabella had apperated to the scene. Pandora already smelling the pumking pasties excitedly hopped to her feet walking to meet Arabella. Maxwell also followed and Phoibe was not sure why when he did not seem very eager to see their aunt.

"Shit." Phoibe also sat up at the sight.

"What now Evadine?" Regulus sighed and Phoibe swore he was trying to sound disinterested on purpose.

The witch said nothing wrenching Regulus' hand from his side and intertwining their fingers pulling him to stand.

"What the fuck are you doing Evadine?" He hissed clearly having been comfortable lounging on the grass.

"Shut up. You're my boyfriend." She hushed.

"What?" His eyes widened.

Phoibe quickly tugged him behind a near by tree out of sight. "You're my bloody boyfriend, now smile like your having the time of your life." She tried to pull him back out into the summer sun once more but he resisted.

"Evadine I'm not-"

"Don't be a trollop!" She snapped.

"Cretin."

"Prick."

"Cunt."

"Fucking dickhead." Phoibe glanced out from behind the tree seeing her aunt getting closer picnic basket in hand.

"You arse, just do this one thing for me." She poked her head back in as Regulus subtlety clocked Arabella approaching and assumed that was who Phoibe was concerned about.

"Evadine there is no way I'm going to do anything to help-"

"I dare you."

"That's not how our little dares work." He tusked.

"Why not?"

He said nothing raising his eyebrows a little entertained.

"Look my aunt thinks we're dating because of the wedding, you already know this, so can you please stop being so-"

Phoibe froze as his free hand came up to unnecessarily brush long strands of her dark hair behind her ear like earlier accept he was much closer now.

"You definitely owe me a dare after this Roses." He spoke softly and Phoibe immediately she felt relieved that he was going along with her plan but also very nervous that his fingers had skimmed her forehead so intimately.

For the young witch, this action was very reminiscent from the pages of one of the many books she had read and she couldn't decide whether she liked that this cliché was occurring in real life.

"What are you doing?" She asked but not in her usual abrasive tone.

"It's more believable your aunt finds us like this right? And boyfriends do this, don't they?"

"Play with their girlfriends hair?" Phoibe asked now unable to get the image of Regulus tying back her hair just before quidditch off her mind.

"Yeah..." he trailed.

"I don't know I've never had a boyfriend." Phoibe admitted.

"Not surprising." He teased stepping a little closer to her than before. Her eyes dropped to the ground and she turned her head from him annoyed at the petty insult. His fingers fell from her hair at the movement but he was quick to cup her jaw with his hand tuning her gaze back to his gently.

"I've never had a girlfriend either."

"Not surprising." She mimicked a mischievous glint in her eye.

"Watch it Roses."

"Or what?" She provoked him.

He did not get a chance to answer as a voice interrupted them. Regulus' hold on her fell slowly as they both turned to see Phoibe's Aunt Arabella had finally reached them.

"I don't mean to intrude. Merlin I would have left you two to it, probably should have been as you both look like... Anyway," The older witch cleared her throat before chuckling guiltily and Phoibe resisted the urge to recoil away from Regulus. "Call me nosey but I can't help it. I've wanted to meet your boyfriend for so long Phoibe." Her Aunt continued.

"No Aunt Ara it's okay honestly I was just about to introduce you to Reggie." Phoibe lied emphasising the nickname slightly in hopes of annoying the raven haired boy beside her.

"Good because you know how I've been looking forward to meeting him." Arabella gushed a little more comfortable.

Regulus finally stuck out his free hand. "Regulus Black. Nice to meet you Ms Evadine"

"Oh call me Ara everyone does." Arabella shook the boy's hand approvingly. "Perhaps we can all chat walking back home? I'm afraid Maxwell ran off with lunch and Pandora is chasing him. But that's not to worry, there are more Pasties at home."

"Sounds like a wonderful idea." Regulus agreed before Phoibe could protest and because of this their hands remained interlocked as they began hiking back to the Evadine manor across the grass.

"So you two met at Hogwarts?"

"Yep." Phoibe nodded.

"So how did you get together?"

Phoibe Evadine had not thought this through. How could she come up with the entire plot of her fake relationship?

"I saw her studying for end of year exams just before summer." Regulus began. "Some idiots from our school had frozen over the library and she sat in there anyway."

Phoibe immediately recalled back in May when the so called Marauders had decided to pull a prank that caused a snowstorm amongst the bookshelves. She had indeed been studying there.

"She was wrapped up in this massive cloak and her Ravenclaw scarf. I could barely make her out actually."

The witch had also been wearing those things. Phoibe had never quite perfected the heating charm despite all her efforts to master it. It was perhaps the only spell she couldn't quite get right which annoyed her to no end.

"I liked the fact that she was so willing to study even if everything seemed to be going wrong and getting in her way." Regulus explained

Did Regulus just say he liked something about her?

And was it true?

The amount of books Phoibe had to defrost that day before reading them was inconvenient to say the least...

"And I don't know. I uh- I just asked her to hogsmeade when she was taking a break from all that smart stuff she knows." He lied.

Did he really think she was smart?

"Oh how sweet!" Arabella smiled warmly. "And Regulus you probably don't know this because I'm sure Phoibe is very lovely to you but she can be a bit stubborn hence all the studying so be aware of that."

"No?" Regulus faked suprise and Phoibe resisted the urge to hit him as his eyes locked on hers. "Really? I had no idea."

Merlin she wanted nothing more than to wipe that stupid grin from his face.

"She can be a bit of a drama queen too but I'm afraid she gets that from me."

"Aunt Ara!" Phoibe exclaimed embarrassed.

"No let her continue I am very much enjoying this." Regulus egged her on and Phoibe threw his hand away storming forward ahead.

"That's what I mean by drama queen." Arabella laughed.

Phoibe continued to venture ahead until they had almost approached the house.

"Phoibe don't you step into that house with out saying goodbye to Regulus that's impolite." Her aunt warned.

With a huff Phoibe turned back around marching towards him. "Goodbye." She was about to make an effort to retreat back inside when his voice rang through the air.

"Aren't you going to give me a kiss goodbye Roses?"

"I hate you." She whispered lowly.

"I hate you more." He replied. "But don't worry I was only kidding about the kiss. I want to keep my soul you dementor."

"Piss off."

"Gladly. But, are you sure you don't need me to be you fake boyfriend a little longer Roses? This is a one time deal."

"I can whole heartedly say I never want you to be my boyfriend ever Black."

"We have something in common then." He commented "You're aunt is staring at us by the way." He changed the subject.

"She's waiting for us to kiss because you mentioned it. She's a sucker for romance."

"Runs in the family then Roses? Tell me, did you want a dozen hand picked in a bouquet before someone asks you out on a date? I can't remember."

"I really hate that you call me that." She sighed.

"And that is exactly why I love it."

"What's wrong with liking romance?"

"Nothing." He shrugged.

"Then why do you-"

"I think she's waiting for me to actually kiss you."

"What?"

"Your Aunt."

"Oh." Phoibe looked back at her Arabella who had gathered at the window along with her mother.

"Evadine?"

"Hmmm?"

"They aren't gonna leave the window are they?"

"Nope." She sighed before looking back up at Regulus. "They probably want proof that I like you."

"You what Evadine?" His eyebrows raised.

"Shit." Her eyes widened. "Bloody hell, no!" She rambled "I meant because they think I like you, they probably just want something to gossip about. I wouldn't even be surprised if my Aunt did a whole article on young love for the Daily Prophet with the way she's been pestering me for details about you."

"There's no taking it back now, you said you liked me Evadine."

"Hate you." She corrected.

"Too late. I heard you say it." He grinned.

Phoibe stomach fluttered. "Shut up. Don't smile, don't do that."

"Why?"

"Because our thing is hating each other."

"Why can't our thing be, being kind of friends with each other?" Regulus proposed.

The words had caught her completely of guard.

"Nope absolutely not." She shot down the idea.

"Evadine, I know you had fun with me today, and the other day in diagon alley. Don't get me wrong I still do hate you-"

"You're making no sense." She threw her hands up in the air exasperated by the boy.

"People don't make sense." Regulus countered. "You're so irritating and over reactive but..." He paused momentarily his eyes flickering to his shoes. "But I also kind of don't mind being around you..." He finally looked back up at her. "Even if we argue all the time."

"Are you trying to say you like me back?" Phoibe questioned her hands finding the ends of her hair and twisting the strands. "That is if I said that I actually liked you?" She continued. "And even if I did say I liked you, I would mean it platonically." She emphasised a little nervous and was not too sure if she was even making sense. "And I still hate you." She added.

"So you like me platonically?"

"No that statement was a hypothetical."

"Okay so hypothetically if I said I liked you platonically would you maybe want to..."

"Want to what?"

"Evadine do you want to be my friend or not?" He asked bluntly.

"Maybe."

"What do you mean maybe?"

"Maybe."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"Well that's the only answer you're getting right now."

"Always so difficult." He scoffed.

"Is that why you like me?"

"Maybe."

"So you do like me?"

"You said it first. That's how this whole conversation started." He reminded.

"Shut up."

"I'm starting to think you telling me to shut up is really just you saying stop making me like you more."

"Pretty sure it's just me telling you to shut up."

"Whatever you want Roses." He remarked sarcastically.

There was a silence for a few moments while Phoibe stared at the ground trying to gather her thoughts.

Regulus had been right. They had been having a little fun together but could she really be friends with him?

Sirius flashed across her mind and she felt guilty. He had clearly warned her to stay away from the house of Black and so with that in mind she settled her eyes back onto Regulus who was for some reason smiling more than Phoibe had ever seen.

"Why are you smiling like that?" She tried to sound annoyed but something in the air felt so light her sourness escaped her.

"Pandora is not going to believe it." She had never heard him sound so enthusiastic. "She is going to be so happy that we're trying to get along you see."

In that moment Phoibe realised one thing she could truly say she liked about Regulus Black.

She knew somehow that he cared for Pandora just as deeply as she did.

And that really was not a bad quality to have at all, in fact it made Phoibe return his smile.

Maybe the boy standing in front of her really wasn't all that bad all the time...

A crash from the Evadine's front porch made Phoibe's head snap around. Her Mother and Aunt had migrated from the window to the front porch and in doing so had knocked over a potted plant. The witch was reminded of how the pair were clearly wanting to learn as much about her fake love life as possible.

Phoibe decided she didn't want to have an entire talk about how she should be comfortable enough to kiss her own boyfriend in front of whoever she wanted. Which she would no doubtably get if she did not do something. Nor did she want that to be a topic for her Aunt's article published for the wizarding nation to see. And with that in mind she turned back to Regulus.

"You tell anyone I did this I'll hex you so bad that you'll be sent to St Mungo's where they will have to put you out of your misery.." Phoibe threatened and before the slytherin could ask what she meant she pulled him down by his shirt placing a kiss to his cheek.

"I mean it. One single word and you are dead." She whispered before turning away quickly walking up to the front of her house where her aunt and mother pretended rather terribly that they had not been watching the whole time.

And if Phoibe Evadine had of looked back behind her she would have seen the rose tinted cheeks of Regulus Black.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

99.4K 2.6K 33
❝ 𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞: 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐎𝐫 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭. ...
121 7 3
"Summer nights are my favorite," I comment. "No clouds and just stars, so many stars..." - 。・:*˚:✧。Summers always seemed to slip away without much th...
93.7K 3.4K 12
Previously titled "Burnt Hope." Regulus Black is persuaded by his brother, Sirius, to run away with him in the middle of the summer. And to none othe...
6.1K 410 13
𝒐. where regulus black has a one-night stand with his best friend's crush. ━━━ ❛ if something goes terribly wrong, find me on the other si...