Pokemon Amourshipping the Mov...

By Fictionknight2

Ash has won the World Coronation Series but one final challenge remains on his Journey, the true world champi... More

Chapter 1: The Pokemon Kaiser
Chapter 2: Daniel's Offer
Chapter 3: Train like never before
Chapter 4: Road to the Kaiser
Chapter 5: Serena's Goal
Chapter 6: New Viridian City
Chapter 8: Father and Son
Chapter 9: The Final Battle
Chapter 10: The Future

Chapter 7: Ash's Choice

1.1K 21 8
By Fictionknight2

Ash's heart raced as a thousand emotions flooded through him so quickly that he couldn't even process them.

"Serena." Ash said again as Charizard set down and let her off.

Charizard and the others backed off at Pikachu and Greninja's behest, both knowing to give the two some space.

"Grauu." Charizard growled, not sure of what would happen next.

"Grauuu!!!!"

"Grauu?" Charizard looked over and saw Serena's Charizard staring at him with hearts in her eyes and clasped hands.

Charizard backed up with heavy sweatdrops, growling when he heard snickers from Sceptile, Lucario, and Infernape.

"Grauuu!!"

"Serena. You're here."

She nodded and took a deep breath before looking back at him with a confident smile.

"It's been too long since we last saw each other, so I decided to come looking for you."

Ash sweatdropped and placed a hand on the back of his head.

"I tried so hard to remain hidden."

"Well, I found you!" Serena giggled.

"Pika!!" Pikachu ran over and leaped into her arms.

"Pikachu!!" Serena eagerly hugged the electric mouse she'd grown so fond of but soon realized he wasn't alone.

"Gre." Greninja approached Serena and extended his fist to her.

"Greninja, it's nice to see you too." Serena said while bumping his fist back.

As Serena reunited with them, Ash similarly took the opportunity to catch up with Serena's Pokemon whom he'd known and those he hadn't.

"Delphox, Pancham, Sylveon, you're all looking great. Charmander, I see you've grown up."

"Grauu!!" Serena's Charizard still remembered Ash and tackled him to the ground before licking his face.

"Her name's Charline actually."

"Ahh, you gave her a nickname. These must be your new Pokemon." Ash approached Roserade and Absol, who both looked up at Ash with reverence, having seen him on TV with Serena many times.

"Sol."

"Rade!"

By then, Lucario, Infernape, and Sceptile came over to join Ash in greeting Serena's Pokemon.

"Tile." Sceptile said, shaking hands with Roserade.

"Ape."

Infernape greeted Pancham and Absol after Sylveon went to greet Pikachu.

"Grouu!" Lucario waved at Delphox with a friendly smile much like his trainer's, and the fire fox Pokemon turned slightly red in the face with a bashful expression.

When Charline finally let Ash up, Serena had come over beside her Charizard.

"Serena, my other Pokemon are inside. Would you like to meet them too?"

"I'd love too!" She beamed.

Once inside the apartment's enclosure, Serena's eyes lit up in awe when she saw just how many Pokemon Ash had.

"These are all your Pokemon!!" She cried while her Pokemon looked on in similar disbelief. All except for Charline, who kept her eyes solely on Ash's Charizard.

"Everyone, come meet Serena and her team!!"

"Pika! Pikachu!!"

"Hawl!"

"Flame!"

"Noi!!!" Ash's Kalos Team raced over first, but soon dozens more followed.

Serena's party soon found themselves surrounded by Ash's vast family.

"Awww, hello." Serena lost herself as Bulbasaur, Oshawatt, Torkoal, Typhlosian, and Floatzel came close to meet her.

"Bay." Bayleef's eyes moved from Ash to Serena with a hint of fright, as she'd never seen him look at a human female like he did this one.

Noivern snickered with Talonflame, earning an annoyed look from the grass Pokemon.

"Bay! Bayleef!"

"Squirtle?" Squirtle, Swellow, Serperior, and Garchomp were also interested, earning giant grins from the two Kalos Pokemon.

"Noi, Noivern!" Noivern pointed to Ash and Serena, then made a kissing noise while also making the gesture.

"Bay!!!!!!!!!!!" Bayleef screamed in utter horror. Ash's other Pokemon jumped in similar disbelief.

"Nite!!!!!!" Ash's Dragonite flew past the others with pink cheeks and an eager expression.

"Ahhh! Serena look out!" Ash tried to intervene but was too late, and Serena found herself swept up into Dragonite's powerful arms, ensnared in a crushing hug.

"My, she's friendly." Serena grunted while Dragonite nuzzled her face against Serena.

"Come on, Dragonite, let her down." Dragonite gave a sad expression while setting Serena down beside Ash.

"Moaahh!!!"

"Oh no."

"Pika!"

"Eh?" Serena felt the ground tremble and yelped when she saw no less than thirty Tauros charging straight for her.

"Tauros, stop!" Ash quickly flung himself in front of Serena. Charline, Delphox, and the others frantically tried to intervene, but Ash's Pokemon assured them there was nothing to worry about.

"Phox?" Delphox muttered when she saw the herd of Tauros surrounding Ash, Pikachu, and Serena.

"It's ok. They're friendly." Ash chuckled when he saw Serena almost tremble.

"Moahh!!!" A few Tauos began licking Serena, quickly easing the fear out of her.

"Don't tell me these are all yours?" Serena giggled while caressing one Tauros's head.

"Hai, I caught them all in the safari zone." Ash said while placing his hand on the back of his head.

"I never knew you had so many amazing Pokemon, Ash, I wish-" Serena started before hearing someone or something forcing their way through the Tauros.

"Bay!!" Bayleef placed herself between Ash and Serena.

"Bayleef?" Ash said.

"Oh, hello, I-" Serena started while extending her hand to pet Bayleef, only for Bayleef to nearly smack her with a vine whip.

"Bay!"

"Bayleef, stop it!" Ash scolded Bayleef while Pikachu sighed, realizing why she did this.

"Grauu!!!"

"Phox!"

"Cham!"

"Sol!"

"Syl!"

"Rade!" Serena's Pokemon shouted in anger. Serena felt slightly confused herself, but upon seeing the way Bayleef looked back at Ash, she had to cover her mouth to keep herself from bursting out into laughter.

"I'm sorry. She can sometimes be a little protective of me." Ash sighed while Bayleef tenderly nuzzled his stomach.

"It's fine. I think she's adorable." Serena came closer again, but this time, she successfully stroked the side of Bayleef's head.

"Bay." Bayleef reluctantly allowed Serena to caress her, trying to ignore the warm feeling from the human woman's hand.

"There you go." Ash said.

Serena and her team spent the next half-hour either meeting each of Ash's Pokemon for the first time or catching up to those they'd known in Kalos.

After doing so, she sat beside Ash as they watched their Pokemon interact with each other.

"I saw your battle against Cynthia. You were incredible! You and Lucario moved together just like you used to do with Greninja!"

Ash nodded.

"Daniel trained us how to perfect our aura bonds. You should see him use it."

"Ahh, so you have been with him this entire time. That's why you've practically disappeared." Serena tried to sound stern, but her playful tone proved a dead giveaway.

"You've been pretty busy yourself, Serena, winning two grand festivals and becoming Kalos Queen."

"You saw that!!" Serena almost squealed, doing her best not to blush.

"Hai, I'm just sorry I couldn't see them in person."

"It's ok! I didn't get to see any of your recent wins in person either, so let's call it even!"

"Sounds good." Both chuckled together while several of their Pokemon watched them with interest. Like Bayleef, those Pokemon who'd only just met Serena had an odd feeling about her, or rather the way she and Ash acted around each other.

Serena had a warm feeling inside her, but subtle angst remained hidden inside. A part of her wanted to broach Ash about the promise he'd made but realized perhaps there might be a better way.

"You've beaten every champion now, everyone but Daniel." Serena noticed subtle fear in Ash's expression.

"Hai, he's been asking when I'm ready for our official battle."

"Really!? When!?" Serena cried, trying not to sound overeager. However, that excitement faded when she saw Ash look away, even more nervous.

"Well, I haven't found the right time yet."

"Pika." Pikachu sighed.

Serena's heart raced as she tried not to read too much into why he might be so nervous. More likely than not, it was just angst over the match itself, not second thoughts about their promise.

"Well, there's no way I'm missing this match, so I think I'll stay here in New Viridian City until you decide." Serena's voice and expression showed confidence that actually made Ash's face go slightly red, though she didn't notice.

The Pokemon, however, did. Bayleef's face gloured in rage while Delphox and Serena's other Pokemon giggled.

"Hai, we do have a lot of catching up to do."

"Yes! Yes, we do!!!" Serena beamed, unable to keep herself from blushing slightly.

"I'm guessing you've never been to New Viridian City before."

"No."

"Well, Daniel recommended it to me, and so far, we've enjoyed it."

"I have heard lots of good things about New Viridian City." Serena took out her information tablet and scrolled through a page on New Viridian City.

"Though I suppose you'd know even, living here."

"Hai! Let's take a few days, and I can show you!!" Ash shouted and jumped to his feet, taking Serena by surprise, though a pleasant one to be sure.

"Yes!!!" Serena couldn't say anything else and quickly sprung up.

"Everyone, be good hosts for Serena's Pokemon. We'll be back later tonight!"

Ash and Serena's Pokemon eagerly nodded, most appearing quite excited by this. All except for Bayleef, who looked almost distraught and tried to chase after Ash.

"Pika!" Pikachu, Lucario, and Delphox stood in Bayleef's way before Sceptile picked her up.

"Bay!! Bayleef!!!" Bayleef fought even harder when she saw Pikachu and Sylveon race after their trainers.

"You two want to come along too?"

"Pika!"

"Syl!"

"Alright! Sounds good!"

Ash led Serena back to the rooftop, confusing her a little.

"Alright, is there anywhere you're interested in visiting first?"

"Let me see!" Serena picked Sylveon up, then quickly took her information tablet back out and scrolled through a list of must-see areas for New Viridian City.

"It says the trains are a great way to get around. There's also a few drink shops, ohhh, dance clubs, and so many shops!!" Serena grew giddish while Ash looked towards downtown in the distance.

"I've got it! We can take a train downtown and visit the drink shops!"

xxx (Stay- The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber - Stay) play on repeat until next xxx

"Ok!! So we should-" Serena almost squealed when she felt Ash sweet her up and into his arms bridal style.

"Ash!?"

"Hang on."

"Eh?" Serena's face turned pale and crestfallen when she saw him walk them over to the roof's ledge. Pikachu now also on his shoulder.

"Ash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Syl!!!!" Serena screamed as he fearlessly leaped down and landed on the next balcony down, repeating the process again and again. Several minutes later, Serena wrapped her arms tightly around Ash and hung on for dear life as they rode on top of a speeding train that raced downtown.

"Why can't we ride inside!?" Serena wailed.

"This is much more efficient! Plus, in our haste, we forgot to bring disguises." Ash said, sweatdropping before noticing another train approaching from a nearby track.

"Ahh, here's our connection!"

"Connection? Wait, Ash!!!" Once more, he swept Serena up into his arms and leaped perfectly onto the next train.

After another twenty minutes or so, they arrived downtown, and despite a frightening trip there, Serena quickly recovered. She raced across the streets, guided by Ash, who took the lead and held her hand the entire time.

Fortunately, the efficient street design, Ash's agility/acrobatic abilities, and Serena's performance skills allowed them to run past countless people/Pokemon in the streets without bumping into anyone or even causing them to move aside.

However, With Ash's hood down and shades off, plus Serena's lack of any similar disguise, allowed the crows to recognize them even as they raced by, Pikachu and Sylveon running close beside them.

"Hey! Isn't that Alolan Champion Ash Ketchum!"

"Ahhh!! That was Kalos Queen Serena too!!!"

Ash and Serena ignored this and instead focused only on each other as they arrived at their first destination, a terrace bar on one of the upper levels, which granted them a magnificent view of the city from their table near the ledge.

Ash just finished his glass of sake while Pikachu and Sylveon shared a water bowl.

"It's stronger than wine." Serena said, her voice slightly slurred as she too held a glass of sake.

"Syl." Sylveon muttered in concern, and she quickly moved her ribbons to try and steady Serena.

"Hai, it's definitely something you want to drink slowly." Ash chuckled with Pikachu as he took her hand and eased the cup down.

"Ash, where did you learn all those acrobatics?"

"It was part of Daniel's training regiment. We had to do all kinds of physically intense exercises. I probably spent years of my life wearing a resistant jacket."

"Resistant jacket?" Serena asked innocently, only to wince when he explained.

"That sounds horrible!"

"It was very uncomfortable and exhausting, but it got results. If Daniel spent years training like that, it's no wonder he's become the Kaiser."

"Well, you'll soon usurp him!"

"Syl!" Pikachu blushed slightly, hearing the encouragement from them, but through his connection to Ash, he felt Ash's angst return.

"We'll do our best. It certainly won't be easy." Serena looked almost taken aback by Ash's response and expression.

"So if you were in Jubilife City, that means your next goal is the Sinnoh Grand Festival?"

Serena nodded, her smile returning as she took out a case and revealed five gleaming ribbons.

"Ahhh, you've already got them all! I thought the Grand Festival wasn't for another five months!"

"It's not, which means I have plenty of time to prepare!"

Serena noticed Ash's somewhat uncomfortable expression return, despite his best attempts to hide it.

"You've won the Hoenn Grand Festival, the Johto Grand Festival, and become Kalos Queen too."

"So you have been keeping up with me too!" Serena struggled not to blush and didn't notice his expression.

"Hai, if you win the Sinnoh Grand Festival, what will you do next?"

"Well, I'm not quite sure at the moment. But I'll definitely keep performing!" Ash smiled again and nodded.

"This new region is still developing. They could probably use some inspired performers."

"They don't have any here!?" Serena sounded slightly surprised.

"Not yet. I've heard rumors that some of the Kalos settlers wanted to start a tripokalon here too. I'm sure a Kalos Queen and Champion Coordinator would find herself indispensable here." Ash suggested. Serena found herself slightly overwhelmed at this. At first, wondering if that meant Ash wanted her to stay close to him but also a genuine interest in the idea of helping to develop a tripokalon circuit in the new region.

"That does sound exciting!"

"Syl!!!"

Ash still smiled, though his expression lowered slightly.

"Hey, what are you doing with that camera!!!"

"Eh?" Ash, Serena, Pikachu, and Sylveon saw one of the waiters pointing towards a series of potted plants.

"Pika!" Pikachu growled and unleashed a Thunderbolt into the display, earning a series of sharp wails. Many of the patrons jumped when they saw a dozen or so shady-looking reporters and their Pokemon fall out of their hiding spots.

"Hey, what's going on here!!!?" The manager growled as she came out and glared at the reporters.

"The scoop of the century, that's what!!!" One of the reporters shouted as she jumped up and aimed her camera directly at the young couple and eyeballed them like a hungry Mandibuzz.

"Alolan Champion and rival of the Pokemon Kaiser, Ash Ketchum, out on a romantic date with Kalos Queen Serena!!! This will be front page news!!"

"That's right, and it will be my scoop!" Another reporter and his Linoone knocked the first one aside.

"No, it's mine!!!"

Serena backed up as the reporters came closer with ravenous expressions.

"Hey, leave us alone!"

"Syl!"

"Come on, give us a good pose, Kalos Queen!"

"Serena!" Ash swept her up into his arms just like before.

"Ahhh, a perfect shot!" One reporter tried to capture this, only for another to knock him off balance.

"Sylveon, let's go!"

"Pika!" Sylveon nodded and leaped into Serena's lap while Pikachu similarly jumped onto Ash's shoulders. From there, Ash quickly set down enough money to cover their drinks plus a tip before leaping off the terrace.

"Ahh!!" The reporters and several patrons raced over, but the couple had seemingly vanished.

"After them!!!"

Ash and Serena sighed with their Pokemon as they reached the streets.

"I'm sorry that happened, Serena." She smiled and placed a warm hand on his shoulder.

"It's not your fault. Besides, riding down like that wasn't as bad the second time."

Ash chuckled slightly with Pikachu before they both sensed the approaching footsteps.

"They're coming!!!"

"Ehh?!"

"Syl!"

"We need to lose them in a crowd or something!"

Serena's eyes lit up when she saw the lights flashing and heard the music emanating from a nearby building.

"How about there!!?"

"Hai, that will work!" Ash took Serena by the hand and led her there.

Once inside, they quickly lost their pursuers among dozens of dancers and their Pokemon.

"I think we'll be safe here."

"Definitely!" Serena cried, particularly when she saw the assortment of flashing lights and fiery music that filled the nightclub's various dance floors.

Serena couldn't help but giggle as she thought back to years earlier and being robbed of an opportunity to dance with Ash. Not this time.

Serena took Ash by the hand with an incredibly confident expression.

"Let's go!"

"Eh? I'm not-" Ash started, slightly nervously, having never been much of a dancer.

"Come on! I'll walk you through it!" Pikachu and Sylveon watched their trainers enter the nearest dance floor together.

"Pika." Pikachu sweatdropped upon seeing Ash's failed attempts to dance, nearly tripping over himself or bumping into others. Sylveon, however, giggled and pointed to Serena, who didn't look like she could've cared less.

Instead, she smiled warmly and held onto Ash's hands tightly while guiding him into a more controlled series of movements.

"Pika."

"Syl!" Pikachu noticed Sylveon pointing to several dozen Pokemon who danced with or beside their trainers and offered her tassels while blushing slightly.

"Pika." Pikachu nodded and joined her on the dance floor.

Ash and Serena danced together for almost an hour, though neither felt the time. At first, Serena's quick and fiery performance moves kept them at arm's length, but as the minutes went by, she subtly moved closer to him.

Eventually, she had both arms wrapped firmly around Ash's shoulders and her face quite close to his. Serena only slightly blushed, not because she didn't feel passionate flames inside her, but because she didn't feel nervous being so close to Ash.

Ash himself felt much the same. However, Serena noticed that Ash was much more cautious about the way he wrapped his arms around her, or rather where his hands rested.

"Being careful about your hand placement, Ash?" She giggled, earning a bashful smile and sweatdrop from him.

"You don't have to be 'that' careful." Serena whispered as she reached behind and moved Ash's hands lower down her back, nearly making him jump with a bright red face.

"Pika." Pikachu said, sweatdropping.

After another half-hour of dancing, the two heard the music shift drastically as someone started singing.

"Huh? What's that?"

"Karaoke!" Ash laughed as he pointed to a vast crowd gathered around a young man who'd bravely taken up the challenge and sang before dozens of strangers.

Serena's eyes lit up when she saw and heard how devoted each singer took their karaoke performance, something not lost on Ash.

"Serena, let's get up there!"

"Absolutely!!" When the current singer finished, the two went up together and looked over the list of songs.

"Ahhh! That's Alolan Champion Ash Ketchum!" Someone shouted.

"Hey, he's right!"

"Woah! I think that's Kalos Queen Serena too!"

"Are they on a date!?"

Pikachu and Sylveon quickly took a defensive stance before their trainers as the crowd grew exponentially. Their whispers and murmurs only made things worse, but Ash and Serena didn't let it get to them.

Both looked back at the list of songs until Ash stopped on one.

"How about this one?"

"I've never heard of it."

"It's quite popular in Kanto and a romance song." Ash and Serena looked back at each other even as the crowd grew. Without hesitation, they pressed the play button together.

Each took a microphone, held each other's hand, and waited for the music to start. Once it did, they began singing together.

Their audience almost went into an uproar, first seeing the two holding hands, then hearing their song choice.

"It is a date!!!" Neither cared about these murmurs and merely lost themselves to the music, singing with a blazing enthusiasm that quickly overtook the crowd. While Ash didn't quite have Serena's singing voice, he carried enough confidence and spirit to make up for it, plus having Serena for a partner certainly helped.

For Serena, this was the happiest she'd felt for the longest time, and she never wanted it to end. Luckily for her, the next day proved even greater.

Serena laughed as she felt Pancham splash her.

"Cham!" Pancham unleashed Dark Pulse into the bay, causing more water to fly into Serena, Ash, Sylveon, Pikachu, Absol, and Roserade.

"Pancham!!!" Pancham declared himself king of the bay.

"Be careful, Pancham. You never know who might be hiding beneath the surface." Ash warned Pancham, who disregarded him and used stone edge to create himself a rock throne further out into the bay.

"Cham!" Moments later, something stirred in the water beneath him.

"Cham?" Greninja emerged in front of Pancham, arms crossed.

"Cham." Pancham backed up a little only to see Floatzel do the same behind him, then Squirtle, Feraligatr, and finally Corphish.

"Cham!" Pancham trembled and threw his hands up, insisting he was only joking.

Pancham frantically looked over at Serena's other Pokemon in the water as well as Delphox and Charline who rested on the beach with Lucario and Charizard.

Delphox and Charline claimed they couldn't go into the water, while Sylveon, Absol, and Roserade claimed that he should have no problem since he was King of the Bay.

"Cham!!!!!!" All six of Ash's water Pokemon unleashed a water move into Pancham, sending him soaring into the air via a waterspout.

Ash and Pikachu laughed while Serena giggled with her Pokemon.

The late morning sun glistened across the water and white sand of Jodogahama beach on the eastern edge of New Viridian City. While not the largest beach Serena ever saw, it was gorgeous and somewhat secluded, with the jungle's edge behind them providing cover from the city.

Only two or three dozen other people and their Pokemon came out to the beach and were mostly spread out with some wild water Pokemon mixed in and Wingull/Pelliper above them. This gave Ash and Serena ample privacy.

"Serena, have you ever thought about catching a water Pokemon?" Ash asked.

"Hmm, now that you mention it, I suppose I haven't. One might really open up some serious performance options!" Serena shouted with glittering eyes as she thought about it.

"Hai! Why not do some looking today, between the beach and our river trip later!"

"That sounds great!"

"Alright! What do you say guys, who wants to help Serena find a good water Pokemon!?"

"Squirtle!"

"Ferali!"

"Oshowatt!"

"Corphish!"

"Gre." Greninja nodded.

"Pika!"

"Pikachu, maybe you should wait on the beach." Ash said as Serena and the others gave him wary expressions. Pikachu looked down at the water and nodded while sweatdropping.

"Syl!" Sylveon blushed slightly and walked back onto the beach with Pikachu, Pancham, and Roserade. Absol, however, remained in the water and waded out deeper when Ash and Serena did the same.

"Absol, it's ok, you don't have to come out. Ash's Pokemon can watch over us."

"Sol." Absol insisted on remaining close, earning a warm smile from Serena as she caressed his head.

"Absol's quite protective of you." Serena nodded.

"He is, ever since I first met him in Hoenn." When they got deep enough, Ash grabbed hold of Greninja while Serena did the same with Squirtle and Absol Feraligatr.

"Ready?"

"Ready!!" Serena cried.

"Alright, let's take a look!" Ash's Pokemon took them underwater, where they saw a new world of water Pokemon.

Popplio, Magikarp, Finneon, Remoraid, Staryu, and Wailord moved about in the deep while Krabby, Shellder, Clamperl, Corphish, and Clauncher played in the sand.

"Osh!!!" Oshawott nearly swam over to join them when Floatzel pulled him back with a stern look.

"Float!" Floatzel growled, reminding Oshawott of why they were there.

"Wott." Oshawott nodded and resumed his search for a good water Water Pokemon.

Serena kept her eyes peeled when she saw one that looked interesting. A female Frillish almost looked like she danced around a few rocks.

Ash also noticed this, and as he turned to Serena, she nodded. Ash reached out to Oshawott via their aura bond and directed him to try and drive Frillish towards the surface and beach with Aqua Jet.

"Osh!!" Oshawott eagerly nodded and propelled himself straight at Frillish like a torpedo. However, after years of training with Daniel and battling top-tier Pokemon, Oshawott's Aqua jet moved a bit too fast and powerfully.

"Frill?" Oshawott hit Frillish dead-center and sent her flying across the ocean, disappearing in a sparkle.

Oshawott covered his mouth in embarrassment as he nervously turned back to the others.

"Osh."

Ash tried to assure Oshawott it was ok, but he, Serena, and Absol needed to return for air. Unfortunately, by the time they came back down, virtually all of the water Pokemon had vanished.

Floatzel and Corphish pointed to Oshawott, explaining via aura that his attack scared them all off. Ash, Serena, and Absol would've sighed but being underwater; they couldn't.

Upon returning to the surface, Oshawott continued to look guilty before Serena stroked his head.

"It's ok, Oshawott. You didn't mean to."

"We can always look for one in the jungle." Ash added.

"Gre."

"Gatr."

"Float."

"Squirtle."

"Corphish." The others assured him, lifting Oshawott's spirits.

"Float." Floatzel said with a sinister grin, explaining that even so, Oshawott still needed to be punished and sent him tumbling backward with a surf.

"Osh!" Oshawott came back with Hydro Pump, but Floatzel dove underwater, causing the attack to drench Squirtle instead.

"Squirtle!!!" Squirtle shook the excess water off and pointed to Oshawott, claiming he'd done it now while smirking.

Before long, all three Pokemon went at each other in a playful battle.

"Feraligatr!!!" Feraligatr jumped around with glee and quickly joined the match, sending all three backward after creating small tidal waves via an Aqua tail to the water's surface between them.

Ash and Serena laughed as they watched the battle, but Absol and Greninja remained vigilant.

"Sol!" Absol sensed it. A rogue wave made by Floatzel came straight for them.

"Gre!" Greninja burst out of the water and sliced it clean in half.

Absol blinked in disbelief at just how fast, and agile Greninja was.

"Maybe we should head back towards the shallows." Ash said.

"Right." Serena followed him further in with Absol close behind when a wave not caused by the group hit them.

"Ahh!" Serena felt herself plunged underwater with Absol, only for Ash to pull them back up.

"You ok?" He asked.

"Mostly." Serena muttered while spitting up some ocean water.

"You need to be a little more careful. The waves here can sneak up on you." Serena gave Ash a slightly pouty expression over the fact that he and Greninja had evaded the wave entirely.

"Yes, you should be!" Serena splashed Ash with as much water as she possibly could while Absol did the same to Greninja, or rather they tried to.

Ash and Greninja evaded the splashes perfectly with their agility and smiled back.

"Hmmm!" Serena and Absol tried again and again but to no avail.

"Too slow!" Ash laughed.

"Hold still!!" Serena shouted in frustration before Ash got behind her and picked the Kalos Queen up in his arms.

"Ash!" Serena laughed while playfully trying to break free, though without really attempting to.

Ash wore a pair of blue swim trunks, and Serena donned a red bikini. Upon first seeing each other, both had been slightly bashful. The two had, of course, gone to the beach together back in Kalos, but this was years ago.

They'd both matured since then, in all ways. Not only that, but Ash's years of intense training with Daniel and Serena's continued performances kept them in prime shape. Ash's athletic body type covering him in muscles.

Absol growled as he saw Ash holding Serena like that, not so much that he thought he'd hurt her, but more like an overprotective father.

"Gre." Greninja quickly placed himself between Absol and the two, crossing his arms and staring down at him intensely.

"Sol."

"Gre."

Pikachu and the others all watched with great interest as another wave hit Ash and Serena. Even so, Ash remained on his feet and kept Serena firmly in his arms. However, the momentary lax allowed Serena to turn herself around, so she faced him directly and quickly wrapped her arms around Ash's shoulders.

"Ha! Now I have you!!" She exclaimed in a victorious tone, earning more laughter from Ash.

"Do you now?"

"Yes!"

"Ahh, I suppose you do. I admit defeat." Serena readied another boast when Ash cut her off with a fiery kiss that warmed Serena up so quickly it nearly dried all the water off her body.

"Sol!!!" Absol almost yelped.

Roserade looked similarly surprised, but Delphox, Sylveon, and Pancham merely giggled.

"Pika." Pikachu smiled too, but Ash's other Pokemon took it a step farther, each virtually cheering him on, except Greninja, who merely nodded.

"Grauu!!" Charline cried out much like Ash's Pokemon and quickly turned to Charizard, who now looked slightly uncomfortable and backed up a little.

Serena didn't resist Ash, quite the opposite. She tightened her grip around his body and kissed back with intense enthusiasm, both savoring each other's presence.

"Phox." Delphox rested her head against Lucario's shoulder when the fighting Pokemon sensed something or rather someone nearby.

"Grouu?"

"Phox?" Lucario motioned for Delphox to follow, and they slowly crept up on the foliage at the beach's edge.

"He he he! What a scoop! Undeniable proof they're a couple!" Both Pokemon heard from the jungle alongside the unmistakable sound of cameras going off.

"Pika!" Pikachu growled. He ran up, having also heard the reporters.

Delphox snarled and aimed her wand at the jungle when Pikachu ran in front of her.

"Pika! Pikachu!!!" He shouted, warning her that a fire could spread throughout the jungle.

"Phox." Delphox said, sweatdropping.

"Grouu!!" Lucario offered up an alternative plan, earning intense smiles from the other two.

"Pika!"

"Phox!"

Lucario closed his eyes and reached out to the foliage via his aura senses. Upon doing so, he found the precise location of every reporter hiding there.

"Grouu." Lucario pointed them out even with his eyes closed.

"Pika chu!!!"

"Phox!!" Pikachu unleashed Thunderbolt while Delphox similarly used Pyschock.

"Gaaahhh!!!

"AHhhh!!!!"

Ash and Serena broke off their kiss when they heard a series of painful screams from the jungle's edge. Moments later, over two-dozen reporters and their Pokemon fell out with swirly eyes.

Ash and Serena sighed before noticing their Pokemon snickering.

"Maybe we should start kayaking now."

Serena nodded.

After packing up their things and returning the non-water Pokemon to their Pokeballs, save Pikachu, the couple made their way into the jungle itself.

An hour later, they both paddled together on a two-person kayak down a gentle river moving through the jungle like a blood vein.

Pikachu Ash sat in the back half with Serena in front of him and Pikachu resting at the very front.

"It's beautiful!" Serena had never seen a jungle before and quickly lost herself in a sea foliage around her, which mixed with the soft harmony of windy flora, and Pokemon moving about.

A few Starley/Staravia roosting in the branches, several Heracross sucked on tree sap, and two Vigoroth moved across the vines.

"It's a good place to clear your mind. Koko and Lillie keep telling me I should move into the town here, and I've considered it a few times."

"Town?" Ash and Pikachu pointed to a series of houses and other buildings built into the trees and their bases.

"Wow, it's just like Fortree city!"

Ash nodded.

"That was the inspiration, plus it doesn't intrude on nature."

"Ash, why did you move to New Viridian City?"

"Daniel recommended it. He said the Mirai Region was where all the new opportunities would be, and he also wanted my help in developing the new Mirai league."

"Really?"

Ash nodded.

"He asked me to pick out a few gym leaders, and I recommended Sawyer for New Viridian City."

"Aww, that was nice of you." Serena giggled while Ash placed his hand on the back of his head with a bashful expression.

"He deserves it. We still have a ways to go, but I'm pretty sure Daniel will probably be named Champion here."

"Can he be Champion of a region and Kaiser?"

"I don't see why not. Gary's technically Champion of Kanto and Johto, though from what I hear, he may soon split that up and just be Champion of Johto with someone else taking up the spot of Kanto Champion."

"So you won't have to give up your position of Alolan Champion when you beat Daniel!" Serena sounded excited, but Ash hesitated.

"Pika." Pikachu muttered in concern, and this time Serena noticed his angst.

"Ash?"

"Ahhh! Serena!" Ash pointed forward after receiving an aura message from his water Pokemon. Serena looked ahead while Ash sighed in relief.

"Ohhh!" Serena dropped her paddle and clasped both hands together when she saw the river widen, revealing a dozen or so water Pokemon splashing about.

"Alright, look over them carefully." Ash said.

"Pika."

Ash's Pokemon remained close to the kayak, with Oshawott nervously remaining behind it.

"Ok, let's see who's here." Serena peered closer and saw a few Cramorant dunked their heads into the water from the shore's edge.

"Hmm." Serena shook her head and turned slightly, spotting a pair of Froakie jumping from lily pad to lily pad.

"Maybe." Feraligatr elbowed Greninja and chuckled, but the water ninja only wanted Serena to catch a Froakie if she thought they'd be a good fit. He had no great desire for another of his kind to be in the party.

Serena continued her probe, finding a few Wooper, Chewtle, and Quaxly. With each one, she imagined potential performances with them, some more promising than others.

"Marsh!!!"

"Eh?" The wild Pokemon all seemed to cringe and turned to another Pokemon who burst out of the water and sent mud in every direction, coating several of them.

Absol came out of his Pokeball and placed himself in front of Serena.

"Sol!!" Absol slashed apart the incoming mud, which flew over Pikachu's head.

"Thank you, Absol!" Serena beamed while stroking his head.

"Sol." Absol blushed slightly before turning to see Ash had already placed himself in front of Serena and would've taken the mud himself.

"Nice reflexes Absol." Ash said.

"Pika." Pikachu and Ash's other Pokemon added, though Absol didn't care much and looked somewhat irritated with Ash.

"Serena, look!"

She, Absol, and the others peered back at the water and saw a Marshtomp reveal herself with a blissful expression on her face.

"Tomp!!" Marshtomp held both paws together and began dancing across the water as a ballerina would, all the while Serena and Absol watched with great interest.

"Is she performing?"

"I think she is!" Ash encouraged Serena.

"Marsh!" Marshtomp shot out a few bursts of Mud Shot and then blasted each with Water Gun, clearly trying to make them into a display. However, all she did was send wet mud down onto the other Pokemons' heads.

"Froak!"

"Woop!"

"Chew!" The wild Pokemon shouted angrily while Marshtomp bowed.

Serena, Ash, Absol, and the other Pokemon sweatdropped.

"Well, she's got spirit for sure. All she needs is a little direction! Absol!"

"Sol!"

"You've got her!"

"Pika!!!" Serena nodded and stood up.

"Let's catch her! Absol, use Psycho Cut!"

"Absol!!!"

"Marsh?" Marshtomp turned just in time to see the psychic wave hit her dead center.

"Tomp!!!" Marshtomp cried as the Psycho cut carried her across the water.

"Great, now use Quick Attack!"

"Sol!" Absol leaped from rock to rock like a flash of lightning, but the Marshtomp dove underwater, leaving Absol to watch the river vigilantly.

"Marsh!" Marshtomp burst up and behind Absol with an eager expression as she unleashed Mud Shot.

"Double Team and Night Slash!"

Six Absols soon appeared around the water, causing Marshtomp to yelp when her mud shot went through one copy.

"Sol!" The real Absol slashed Marshtomp and sent her skidding across the water again.

"Keep it up, Absol!"

"Marshtomp!!!" Marshtomp furiously danced around the water while unleashing Water Gun in a spectacular performance.

"Detect!" Absol evaded each incoming Water Gun burst but did so in a manner that seemed more like a masterful performance. Marshtomp's eyes glistened in awe when she saw him move around like a professional dancer.

"Marsh!!!" Marshtomp trembled while holding her mouth.

"Night Slash!"

"Absol!!!!" Absol slashed Marshtomp backward again.

"Pokeball go!" Serena cried and hurled a great ball through the air, hitting and sending Marshtomp inside. From there, she, Absol, and the others watched carefully until, finally, the great ball sparkled.

"We did it! We caught Marshtomp!"

"Sol!" Absol ran over and then leaped into Serena's arms as she hugged him.

"Awesome, Serena!"

"Pika!" Ash picked Serena up in his arms even as she held Absol.

The wild Pokemon sighed in relief, glad that Marshtomp would leave the jungle.

As all this went on, Koko, Lillie, Snowy, and Zarude all watched from a tree branch with warm smiles.

"Awww, they're so cute together!!" Lillie giggled as she hugged Koko tightly.

Koko smiled too when he saw how happy Ash and Serena looked together, but his expression changed sharply when Zarude growled and pointed toward some foliage near the river's edge.

Upon looking closer, Koko, Lillie, and Snowy saw almost two-dozen reporters hiding out with cameras.

"Ohhh, she's caught a new Pokemon!"

"That's just rude!" Lillie growled.

"How dare they! Dada!"

"Zarr!" Zarude nodded.

The reporters zoomed their cameras in closer as Ash and Serena started kissing again, much to Absol's chagrin.

"Haven't you ever heard of privacy?"

"Eh?" The reporters turned to see Koko and Zarude looming over them.

"AHhh!!!!!"

Ash's water Pokemon quickly used their moves to drown out the reporters' screams, and a few minutes later, the couple continued their kayaking, not even noticing the reporters now dangling by their legs from vines.

"Hmp, serves you right!" Lillie shouted.

The next day Ash and Pikachu rode on Charizard's back as he soared over New Viridian City, the wind racing past them as a sense of adrenaline filled their stomachs.

"Grauu!" Charizard roared, playfully telling Charline to keep up.

Serena came close behind on Charline, who did her best to keep up with Charizard. Despite being vastly larger than Charline, Ash's Charizard proved much faster, forcing the female Charizard to exert herself.

Even so, she did so with bursting enthusiasm.

"You've really got the knack for flying, Serena!"

"Thanks! As soon as Charline evolved into Charizard, I wanted to incorporate flying into my routines! Let's show him some of our best moves!"

"Grauuu!" Serena whipped her clothes off, nearly causing Ash to yelp only to realize that she'd instantly changed into a wingsuit.

"Let's go!" Serena extended her suit's wings out and began gliding through the air alongside Charline. From there, they performed a series of fiery dance moves in the sky, including barrel rolls, flips, and so much more.

"Serena, you're beautiful!"

Serena noticed Ash's choice of words and giggled.

"Merci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Pikachu noticed the way Charizard gazed at Charline while she performed, looking like he got lost in her movements.

"Grauuu!" Charline and Serena finished, the female Charizard ending her routine with a wink towards Ash's Charizard that made his face go slightly red.

"Pika." Pikachu chuckled, earning a slightly embarrassed growl from Charizard.

"I can see how you won so many contests with flying like that."

"Charline's the real artist. I just base my flight around hers." Serena beamed as she climbed back onto her Charizard's back.

"Where too now?"

"I was thinking lunch."

"Sounds great!" Charizard flew off with Charline close behind, eventually arriving at a rooftop restaurant in the downtown area.

"Reservation for two under Ash Ketchum."

"Ahh, Champion Ash and yes, Kalos Queen Serena, welcome!!!" The hostess had stars in her eyes when she saw the two, causing them to sweatdrop.

"Please, don't treat us any different than the other customers." Ash asked.

"Hai, no problem, you're not the first celebrity customers we've gotten. Don't worry about the press either." The hostess pointed to six or so burly-looking bouncers, each with a Machoke beside them.

"Arigatōgozaimashita."

The two sat at their table, with Pikachu and Sylveon sitting to the side on one end and both Charizard on the other.

As they ate, Ash and Serena caught up on all the adventures they'd had since Kalos.

"I'm glad you and May met up. I always thought you two might get along well."

"We did! She's a fantastic coordinator. I almost couldn't believe it when I found out you two used to travel together." Ash nodded and reached into his jacket and took out half a ribbon before passing it to Serena.

"What's this?"

"It's the Terracotta ribbon. May and I both competed in the Terracotta town contest and ended up drawing. This was also around the time we parted ways to continue our Journeys, so we decided to both keep a half."

Serena didn't immediately respond and stared closer at the ribbon, looking almost afraid.

"So you and May were close?"

Ash nodded, oblivious to what Serena meant.

"Hai, she was one of my closest friends." The fact that Ash used the word 'friend' and his innocent tone eased Serena's anxiety.

"Ahh, well, I can believe it based on her spirit."

"I met up with her again when I challenged Steven Stone, and she mentioned being interested in Tripokelon performances. Maybe you could help her prepare for those."

"I could! I think she'd make a wonderful performer!"

"Syl!"

"Grauuu!!!"

"Dawn would probably do well too. I think you three would make quite the team."

The two continued their discussion as they ate when suddenly they heard a commotion nearby and looked over with their Pokemon.

"Huh?" Serena asked when she saw a finely dressed man and woman facing off against another pair in similar attire on a small battlefield.

"Luxray Charge Beam!"

"Marowak, use Fire Spin!" One couple's Luxray and Alolan Marowak, blasted the opposing Stantler and Girafarig, knocking them out.

"Madame Hara and Muto sama are the winners!" A waiter doubling as the referee announced, earning applause from the patrons.

"Ash, did you pick this place because of the battles?" Serena asked, looking playfully stern.

"I thought you'd enjoy the food and location. The battlefield was just a perk." Ash said shamelessly, earning a few giggles from Serena.

Another couple came up to the battlefield as the waiter turned back to the other patrons.

"Do we have anyone willing to challenge Madam Okuma and Rai Sama?"

Ash and Serena turned back to each other with the same fiery expression, then nodded together.

"Us!!!" All eyes turned to Ash and Serena, who stood up and approached the battlefield with their respective Charizard.

Okuma and Rai looked quite terrified upon seeing just who their opponents were.

"Alright, Kalos Queen Serena and Alolan Champion Ash sama with their Charizards."

"Grauuu!!!"

"Grauu!!!!!" Charline looked giddish to battle alongside Charizard.

"Alright then! Go Rhydon!" Rai shouted.

"Gigalith, time to shine!" Okuma added.

Both rock Pokemon shook the restaurant as they landed.

"Begin!"

"Gigalith, use Smack Down!"

"Rhydon, Bulldoze!"

Ash couldn't help but admire the choice of combination. Gigalith would drop both Charizards to the floor, dealing extensive damage and allowing Bulldoze to impact them.

Unfortunately, he and Serena were prepared.

"Dragon Claw!"

"Hurricane!!" Charizard surged forward and effortlessly reduced both Smack Down rocks into dust, then re-angled his wings to ride Charline's Hurricane past both opposing Pokemon.

"Giga!"

"Rhy!!" The rock Pokemon looked back at Ash's Charizard with frantic expressions as they saw him loom over them.

"Ahhh!!! Protect!" Both trainers cried. Okuma knew that her Gigalith's sturdy wouldn't protect him from a one-hit ko since Charline's Hurricane had already struck.

Charizard kept his Dragon Claws out but turned back to Charline and winked.

"Grauu!!!!!" Charline's eyes turned to hearts, and she nearly collapsed backward.

"Charline, focus, Solarbeam!"

"Grauu!!!" Charline shook her head and began absorbing sunlight.

"Solarbeam!!!" Rai and Okuma yelped.

Rhydon and Gigalith's Protects wore off just in time for Charline to unleash Solarbeam into them both.

"Grauuu!!!"

"Rhydon!"

"Gigalith!!!" The rock Pokemon collapsed onto their backs with swirled eyes.

"Rhydon and Gigalith are unable to battle!"

Every patron burst out into thunderous cheer and applause.

"Well done, Charizard!"

"You too, Charline!!"

"Pika!"

"Syl!!" Ash and Serena clasped hands while Charline flew over with heart-eyes as she ensnared Charizard in a vice-like hug.

"Grauuu!!!" Charline growled while tenderly nuzzling her head against Charizard's. The larger Charizard exhaled but offered no resistance.

"Quite a show." A familiar voice said.

"Eh?" Ash, Serena, and their Pokemon muttered.

"Definitely, Ash's Charizard moved in close, and given he's a Champion Pokemon, the opposing team assumed he was the biggest threat, keeping their attention away from Charline."

All eyes turned to a somewhat secluded table nearby where Cynthia and Daniel sat, their son in Daniel's arms.

"Ahhh! Daniel!" Ash yelped, almost louder than the others who hadn't noticed his presence.

"Good to see you again, Ash. I was wondering why you've been so evasive lately. Now I get it." Daniel and Cynthia chuckled slightly as they turned to Serena.

"Ddddaniel, Cynthia." Serena muttered with similar awe.

Ash's Charizard stared across the restaurant at Daniel's Charizard, their expressions mirroring Ash and Daniel's, respectively.

"Daniel, I'm sorry, I-"

"It's fine." Both Champions got up and approached the young couple.

"Serena, we finally meet up properly. Ash told me so much about you over the last few years."

"He did." Serena said, blushing slightly.

"Yes, and about a certain promise he made you." Serena and Ash both yelped, their faces turning bright red.

"That's Ash for you." Cynthia chuckled.

"You wouldn't want to keep her waiting too much longer, would you, Ash? I'm also getting anxious to see all the fruits of our hard work these last few years."

Ash grit his teeth and trembled, looking evasively at the floor.

"Soon." He muttered quietly. Serena, Daniel, Cynthia, and their Pokemon all gazed upon him with the same concerned expression.

That night, Ash and Serena stood on another rooftop alone, save for Pikachu and Sylveon. Both leaned on the guard rails, waiting in anticipation alongside countless others in New Viridian City until, at last, a series of vibrant fireworks began bursting in the night sky.

"Ahh!!" Serena said in awe of the beautiful displays.

"Pika!"

"Syl!"

Serena rested her head against Ash's shoulder and tried to forget about the nagging concern she'd felt for the last few days.

Xxx

However, it proved too much, and she mustered her courage.

"Ash, why don't you want to face Daniel?"

"Eh?" Ash looked taken aback by the question.

"Why don't you want to face Daniel?" The Alolan Champion looked utterly terrified and tried to back up.

"I, I don't-" Serena furiously grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled her face within an inch of his.

"Ash, why don't you want to face Daniel!!!!?"

"Pika!!!" Pikachu climbed onto Ash's shoulders and gave him the same stern look as Serena.

Ash resisted for only another moment, but then, his resistance collapsed, and he nearly broke down.

"I'm afraid."

"Ash, it's ok to be afraid of losing, he's the Kaiser, but you can always come back and-"

"Serena! I'm not afraid I'll lose to Daniel. I'm afraid I might win."

Serena, Pikachu, and Sylveon looked utterly dumbstruck.

"Ehhh?"

"Pika????" None knew quite what to say after hearing this, and all of them sat there in silence as Ash collected himself.

"Serena, since I started my journey all those years ago, I always had a goal in mind, something to aspire towards. That dream has kept me going all this time, even when it seemed unreachable. Now, it's right in front of me, and I could achieve it at any moment." Ash's head lowered so far that it looked like it might fall off.

"But if I do beat Daniel, and become the Pokemon Kaiser, then that's it. My journey is over, and I'll have nothing left to work towards, nothing left to aspire to, and nothing left to achieve."

Pikachu and Serena finally understood Ash's true fear, and both remained lost for words.

"There will always be something to strive towards, Ash." Another voice broke the silence, one Ash and Serena both recognized.

"Eh?" They and their Pokemon turned as a figure approached them, revealing himself with a Lucario beside him.

"Felix!!?" Serena muttered in disbelief.

"What, what are you doing here?!"

Felix took a deep breath and kept his eyes on Ash.

"What I told you I'd do, find my son."

Serena lost her breath and turned back to Ash, who's mouth hung open as he stared back at Felix.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.5K 969 13
It's been six years after Ash's time with the World coronation series yet his ambition to be the very best was still unreached in his own eyes. He pl...
55K 1.1K 24
Ash Ketchum is a man of many secrets he is The Unknown Champion of Alola, An Aura Guardian and A Psychic, and The Secret Prince of The Kingdom Of Rot...
2.5K 86 5
Follow Avery through Kalos with Sparks, her Pikachu, and, her boyfriend, Ash Ketchum with his Pikachu. Together, they meet new friends and Pokemon wh...
50.3K 768 40
If Leon vs. Alain, or the Tournament in the anime is not your cup of tea, why not read another version of the Masters 8? The story continues from Pok...