Rise of Kings and Queens

Bởi lobo1989

The year is 0026 in the United World Century. Esme Cyr and her squad are the new world military leaders. Thei... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 22

13 4 13
Bởi lobo1989

THE WORLD MILITARY HAS THEIR FIRST MAJOR VICTORY OVER DEPENDENCY.

By L.M.Taurus

10/23/0027 UWC

7 hours before headline

Mun Ji-hun wore a large cloak over his armor as he entered a motel room in a remote area outside a major city in Nicaragua. Ji-hun was greeted by Esme and Kara who were also wearing their armors.

"Hello ladies," said Ji-hun as he took off his cloak.

"Hey Ji," said Kara. "You made it just in time. We're about to move in on Dependency and apparently the Kallstrom siblings too."

"Thank you for involving me on this, but can I ask, how did you find out about this meeting?"

"That's a secret I need to continue to keep," answered Esme.

"Understood," said Ji-hun. "I had completely lost track of the Kallstrom siblings. I think they left Korea when our refugees were sent to Mexico."

"Don't get your hopes up too high," said Esme. "It's still just a tip. There's a chance they might not show."

"It's still the first sign I've had in months. If they are in this country, I'll track them down."

"We'll track them down," said Kara.

An alarm went off, signaling it was 9pm. Esme shut it off. "It's time to go," said Esme as she reached for her cloak. "Remember, the Kallstrom siblings are the priority. They are way too dangerous to be left out of custody."

"But what about Dependency?" asked Ji-hun.

"Dependency is a larger group with multiple members. The ones we're seeing here aren't big dogs in the organization, hence why I'm worried about the Kallstrom siblings more."

"The Kallstrom have a higher kill count as well," said Kara. "Another reason why they can't get away tonight."

"Understood. Lead the way boss."

Esme left the motel room while her squadmates followed. The three wore cloaks over their armors as they got in the howler. Esme drove them a couple of miles into a farm area before pulling to the side of a cornfield.

The three world military leaders exited the vehicle. Esme grabbed a dark tarp from the back seat and covered the vehicle so it wouldn't be seen by any passersby.

"Where is the meeting being held exactly?" asked Ji-hun.

"In the barn on the other side of this cornfield," answered Kara. "I'll take lead. We're still a good distance away."

"I really don't want them spotting our vehicle," said Esme as she stood behind Kara. "I don't want anything spooking them."

"We'll get them," said Kara.

"I see why you didn't involve the others," said Ji-hun. "Too many world military leaders in the same country would spook them from evening having their meeting."

"Exactly," said Esme. "Let's move."

Kara led through the cornfield. The three moved at a steady pace so as not to cause too much movement in the cornfield. They didn't want any lookouts spotting them. As they got closer to the farm, the slower they went, coming to a stop right before exiting the cornfield. They used the field to hide themselves as the three got to the ground.

The farm's lights were all off and at first sight, didn't seem like there was anyone there. The three stayed quiet as they scanned the area.

"There," whispered Kara. "On the roof." The three looked to the roof of the house and saw a man with binoculars looking into the distance.

"Good," said Esme. "A lookout means there's something going down."

"I spotted two more," whispered Ji-hun. "One on the roof of the barn and another in the top window of the house."

"Shit," said Kara. "They have dogs." She pointed to the side of the house. "Are they sleeping?"

"I think they're dead," said Ji-hun. "Probably belong to the owner of the farm."

"That means they could have hostages," said Esme. "This complicates things a bit. If they do have hostages, we have to rescue them first."

"That gives me an idea," said Kara as she stared at the cows that are gated behind a fence. "I can use the cows as a distraction. When it is time to move in, I'll release the cows. The commotion will give us time to move into positions with better vantage points."

"Good idea," said Esme and Ji-hun simultaneously.

A howler pulled up on the farm and a couple of people came out of the house. The world military leaders only watched. Two people came out of the howler. It was a male and a female. The man had a sword in his hand while the woman had what looked like a crossbow.

The barn's doors opened and the lights were turned on, revealing about ten more people inside. Among the people inside the barn were two individuals wearing armor similar to Agent of Dependency. One of their armors was bulkier than the other, with two large arms.

"Is that the Agent of Dependency?" asked Ji-hun.

"There's multiple Agents of Dependency," answered Esme. "Lieutenants, not the actual leader."

"Are you sure one of those two isn't the real Agent of Dependency?" asked Kara.

"I got intel that two of their lieutenants were going to attend this meeting. That must be them."

"You're going to have to tell me how you got that intel."

"Is the priority still the Kallstrom siblings?" asked Ji-hun, not taking his eyes off of the two by the howler.

"Yes," answered Esme. "The Kallstrom siblings are still the priority."

The Agent of Dependency with the bulky armor moved forward, motioning for everyone to lower their weapons. "No need for those," he said to the two by their howler. "We're on the same side. Plus, I'll take you out first before you can use em." He turned to the cornfield and aimed his arms at it, blasting two cannons into the field.

The world military leaders lowered their heads as the blasts hit a couple of clicks from their position.

"Is our cover blown?" said Kara as she was about to stand up.

Ji-hun and Esme put a hand on each of her shoulders, stopping her from moving any further. "No," answered Ji-hun. "That was a demonstration of power. They don't know we're out here."

The three stayed low. "That weapon changes things a bit," said Esme.

The two from the howler moved closer to the light. "Those are the Kallstrom siblings," confirmed Ji-hun.

"We have to take down the Agent with the two arm-cannons," said Esme. "That weapon is way too dangerous to be left out there."

Ji-hun gritted his teeth as he glared at the Kallstrom siblings. "Understood boss."

The Kallstrom siblings and the two Agents of Dependency entered the barn and closed it. Everyone else stayed outside as lookouts.

"I count at least 17 people," said Ji-hun. "There's 12 in the yard, one on the roof of the barn, one on the roof of the house, one inside the house, and the four people of interest inside the barn."

"There could also be more inside of the house we don't know about," said Kara.

"And there could be hostages somewhere," said Esme. "Alright, here's the plan. Kara, you're going to open the cow pen and release them onto the property. The distraction will help us move among them. Ji-hun and I will take out the guards outside, quietly. Kara, I want you to move inside the house and incapacitate the ones inside. Get the one on the roof as well. We have to take everyone out without the people inside the barn knowing we're here."

"I can do that," said Kara. "Hopefully I can find the hostages as well."

"Roger," said Ji-hun.

"Then let's do this," said Esme.

Kara sneaked off while Esme and Ji-hun watched the men on the property. Some of the men stood guard in one spot while others moved around the property. They lost sight of three individuals who walked behind the barn and the house. Two other guards went to the part of the cornfield where the Agent of Dependency fired on, admiring his work.

"Quickly and quietly," whispered Esme as they moved closer to the guys admiring the blast site.

Kara released the cows and they scattered onto the property. Kara moved between the cows as she made her way into the house.

"What the hell," said one of the guards by the blast site. The two guards turned their backs from the cornfield to look at the cows.

Esme and Ji-hun grabbed those two guards and pulled them inside the cornfield. They knocked out the guards. Esme put a finger up to her lips before she and Ji-hun moved among the cows. Esme and Ji-hun went their separate ways as they maneuvered between the cows.

Ji-hun took out two guards, no one noticing. He moved to the howler that the Kallstrom siblings arrived in. He used his sword to destroy the howler's wheels. He continued to move among the cows, taking out the guards he came across.

A loud horn went off and Ji-hun looked up to see where it came from. The guard on the roof of the barn blew the horn as he looked down at Ji-hun.

"Damn it," said Ji-hun. "I gave up our position."

Ji-hun stood up straight as he ran to the barn. He was about to open its doors when a blast hit him straight on from the other side of the door. He fell on his back when the doors opened wide.

The Kallstrom siblings were the ones to walk out. "Well look who it is," said Otto Kallstrom.

"Mr. Mun Ji-hun," said Mercy Kallstrom as she stood over him and aimed her crossbow at his face. "We have to stop meeting like this."

Ji-hun kicked her away as she fired. Mercy fell back while the arrow struck the side of Ji-hun's armor.

Otto helped his sister to her feet as Esme helped Ji-hun up. "Shit," said Otto. "How are we going to get our howler out of here with all these cows?"

The Agents of Dependency moved forward and next to the siblings. "Just follow us," said the Agent with the two arm-cannons.

"Wait," said the other Agent who was a female. "I only see two soldiers. We can take them."

"I think the little chica is right," said Otto. "We've already kicked this guy's ass before," he said, pointing at Ji-hun.

The male Agent aimed his arm-cannons at the world military leaders and fired. Ji-hun and Esme jumped out of the way. The male Agent moved forward and continued to fire his cannons, not caring what he hit. He killed a bunch of cows as he tried to kill the world military leaders.

"Screw this," whispered Mercy. "Let's get out of here."

Esme and Ji-hun continued on their retreat as the Agent tried to kill them. They ran into the cornfield to use it as cover. A howler took off as the Agent of Dependency stopped to look at it.

"Wait," said the Agent of Dependency. "Is that one of our howlers?"

"Yes," yelled one of the guards. "The Kallstroms stole it."

"What the fuck? They were supposed to help."

Esme moved in and smacked the Agent across the face with her club. His mask fell off revealing him as McKnight. He almost fell to the floor as he raised his arm and blasted. The blast caused Esme to retreat back into the cornfield.

McKnight regained his footing. Another howler took off. This one being driven by the female Agent of Dependency.

"What the fuck, Lete," he whispered. He looked around and noticed all of his men were down. He couldn't see where the world military leaders were as they hid in the cornfield. He blasted into the cornfield, but couldn't tell if he hit them.

Afraid of being alone, he made his way to the back of the barn where all of their howlers were. "No,'' he said as he noticed all of the howlers' wheels were destroyed. "Who did this?"

McKnight made his way to the house and entered. He found his men inside were all unconscious. He went to the basement and found two more guards down. "The hostages," he said to himself, realising someone freed them.

He went outside and found Esme, Ji-hun and Kara standing in the middle of the property waiting for him.

"Surrender," said Esme. "You are surrounded. There's no escape."

"Fuck you!" yelled McKnight as he aimed his arm-cannons at them. He fired but they ran around.

McKnight continued to fire his weapons but the world military leaders continued to run circles around him. Esme was getting closer as McKnight ran out of options. He tried to aim his cannon at her but she threw her shield at him, blinding his sight. He blasted the shield, causing the wooden debris to blind him.

"I got you," said Esme as she moved forward.

"No you don't," said McKnight as he turned one of his arm-cannons at his head and fired.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

Mech Bởi Mixikii

Phiêu lưu

277 10 20
An apocalypse is among us and the world is falling apart at the seams, however this isn't zombies. The year is 3068, the idea of a Mechanical city t...
943 128 18
Bru, a child created by the Womb of the Daughter of the Generations colony ship, is the first of her kind in 200 years, and the ship's natural-born i...
11.1K 129 24
It was the year 2030 and humanity is at its breaking point for the humans but rising for the so call "furrys" that are slowly starting to dominate th...
927 93 20
(Samira goes towards her kitchen window to see... but was not able to do so she went upstairs to her bedroom and sees that Soldiers are here from the...