Save Me (VegasPete)

By BetterUnseen

What if Pete didn't choose Vegas? What if he chose his loyalty to the Major Family? What if he finally met s... More

P r o l o g u e
CHAPTER ONE
Chapter Two
CHAPTER THREE
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
n o t e

Chapter Eight

14K 561 428
By BetterUnseen

...

I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I chose both
- Sarah Kay

....

These past few days, everything seems to be normal and that is making me anxious. Khun Korn isn't doing anything in particular which is not a good sign.

He already wanted to kill Vegas and Macau but he just stays in his office and managed the business normally with Khun Kinn.

Dear Khun Korn,
If you want to kill them, please make a move.

I am getting sick of predicting what everybody else wanted to do.

I want to complain so badly. I hope Khun Kim will just approach me and tell me that he is spying on me. Can you all just talk face to face and do your intention in one sitting? I am already stressed by this situation.

"I am sleepy," Pol said and stretches his arms. "I will sleep first."

With his dark eye bags, drowsy eyes, and slowly visible wrinkles, I can say that he needs to sleep now.

"I'm also tired. Night." Arm said and walked with Pol heading towards the room the three of us were sharing.

As I am the one being left behind, I walked slowly. Before reaching our room, we will pass by Khun Korn's office.

When Arm and Pol already entered and were ready to sleep, I noticed that the door at Khun Korn's office are slightly open.

Without making a sound, I went nearer to it; almost gluing my back on the wall. When I take a peek, I saw Khun Korn's silhouette facing the window.

Damn. He looks like a villain in this view. That silhouette, intimidating shadow and the smoke coming out from his cigarette is half cool and half disturbing to look at.
What are you even planning Khun Korn?

"This is the best way to get the justice both of you to deserve."

Huh? Both of you? Since inside his office was a little bit dark, I tried my best to adjust and look carefully at him.

It's that picture again.

I know that he keeps looking at a picture but I can't see what it is.

"Both of you will finally be at peace."

What does he mean?

I cannot continue looking when I heard footsteps downstairs. I walked away still thinking about what Khun Korn meant.

Who is he talking to? Who are the "both of you"? Are they connected to Khun Kan and the rest of the Minor Family?

With those questions filling my head, I can feel that I am already developing a migraine at this point.

Let me live! Damn!

In the morning, I heard that everybody is busy preparing food and cleaning the whole mansion for a sudden visit.

"Who is it?" Porsche asked me and wrapped his hands around young Porche'.

"I don't know," I replied. "Maybe an important client."

"I invited Vegas and Macau here."

What the hell! Damn! My spirit almost left my body when I heard that.

Vegas that idiot didn't message me about it! He just keeps sending goodnight emojis and not informing me about this.

What if we both end up as a meal? Oi! Why do you all want me to suffer?

"Why did you even invite them?" Khun No asked his father.

I pretended like I am really in deep thought and sad as I looked down. No. I am not hanging my head low because I am sad to see them but I am already planning how to choke that bastard for not informing me about this.

"I heard that they got a new brother so I wanted to see them. Welcome them and tell them to come here."

So you also wanted to mess with Venice? Wow. I couldn't believe this. Leave the innocent baby alone, Khun Korn.

With my peripheral vision, I can only steal a glance at the arrival of the Minor Family. Vegas is carrying Venice. Why did you cover him with a black cloth? Shit. Mostly, babies are covered with white or colorful towels but him... black? Are you even joking with me, Vegas?

"Sit down. What's the name of the kid?"

"Venice." Good. You used it.

"Who gave that kid a name?" Khun No arrogantly asked as if he is ready to throw an insult on the baby's name.

Don't insult him, Khun No. I am the one who gave that name. I use my brain cell for him.

"Someone special gave him this name."

When I heard that, I don't know how to react.

I stare at the floor, convincing myself to calm down.

Everybody, don't mind me. I am just fighting my inner demons here.

"Do you have any plans for your brother?"

"At first, I want to send him to the orphanage but I change my mind, I will keep the baby."

Thanks to the heavens for giving Vegas the wisdom not to send Venice to the orphanage. Venice exactly resembles him so he shouldn't abandon his copy.

Not to be obvious but I did my best to look so sad. Let me thank the k-drama I watched with Khun No for free acting classes. I am using it. It is beneficial in these types of scenarios.

However, Porsche went in my direction with Che'. They both held my arms and assist me to go upstairs.

"You look uncomfortable when Vegas is around," Porsche told me with so much concern.

"Yeah." I seconded.

So who's gonna tell him?

Porsche and Che' left me in our room saying that I should stay inside so that I won't have a full view of Vegas.

Argh! I just want to say hi to Venice and check if Vegas feed him. I am worried that he might be sick since his mother is not present and would depend on can kinds of milk.

I sneakily went outside. Khun Korn was talking to Macau and I'm thankful that Khun Kim isn't here. For once, I can avoid his gaze. I saw Nop giving me a signal, saying that I should go to the rightmost part of the mansion.

"Where are you going?" P'Chan asked me.

How can I forget that he is here?

"I'm going to take a look at Khun No's carp." I lied. "I don't know why he is worried about his fish at this moment."

Sorry, Khun No. Let me use you as an excuse.

"Go back quickly." He said.

Why are you acting like a strict dad, P'Chan?

I went in the direction where Khun No's pond is there. I spotted Vegas standing over there as he is looking at the outside view.

"Vegas." Stop standing there as if you're in a music video with romantic music playing.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly and went near me.

I know that no one is following us; this is also a perfect time to tell him about what I have heard from Khun Korn.

"Have you eaten?" Vegas asked and checks my whole posture. "You look like you haven't slept for a month."

I made an ugly face at him when he said that.

"Do you also mean that I became uglier?" I asked raising my brows at him which made him giggle.

If you are in my situation, I doubt that you can still have your eight hours of sleep. I can barely sleep for two hours since I am afraid that Khun Korn might just shoot me.

"No. No." Vegas said and remove the hairs on my forehead that are almost covering my eyes. "You always look perfect."

I'm in trouble now! How should I react? Shit.

"Stop that nonsense." I cut off even before I turn into a tomato. "Aside from Porsche's parents, do you know other people that matter to Khun Korn?"

Vegas looks so confused when I asked him that. "Other people?"

"Yes. I heard Khun Korn talking to a photo and I assumed that he is referring to two people."

I heard it quickly so I am sure about it. Who are the "both of you" he keeps talking about? I even tried to recall if there is someone that had a previous engagement with the family but as far as I know, Khun Korn is only attached to the members of the Main Family.

"I am not sure about that. Everything is business for him." Vegas answered. "Are you still going to stay here?"

His voice was filled with concern and I nodded.

"I need to find out about the photo and how important they are to Khun Korn."

The existence of those people is another mystery to be solved but I am aware that they matter so much to Khun Korn. For now, I am not sure if it is a girl or a guy, its age, or the whole identity.

"Pete. I told you to come back with me." Vegas said.

Before I replied, I saw a shadow of someone slowly walking in our direction. Just by looking at it, I know who it is.

Khun Kim.

I gave a signal to Vegas that someone is listening as I pointed to the shadow. I mouthed, "Khun Kim" and he immediately picked up what I mean.

"Come back? Do you want me to come back to you Vegas?"

Let the spirit of all the K-Drama possess me. I feel like I am an actor who's just being in an audition to get a role.

"What?" Vegas asked. He looks so offended.

"Do you want me to suffer again, huh? Are you that selfish that you want to ruin my life again?"

Damn. That's a half-truth and partially a lie also. I wanted to laugh at Vegas' face. He looks so guilty.

Somehow, you deserve it too. But anyways, I am not mad at him. I widened my eyes at him, telling him just go with the flow.

"Pete. I won't do anything anymore, I promise. Just go with me."

I am controlling myself to laugh. I think Vegas really meant what he said but here I am, showing off the acting skills I learned from Khun No.

"I don't want to go with you! I am not coming back, Vegas! Leave me alone!" I shouted, giving my all.

Vegas' jaw dropped but I went near him to whisper.

"I am not mad. Don't worry." I said and left him there.

I watched the Minor Family leave. They didn't even let me take a look at Venice.

Never mind, my focus, for now, is to continue pretending that I am still invested in following Khun Macau.

Other than that, I need to find out about the photo.

As time passes by, Khun Macau has also gotten used to going to school and going home for now. As from what Vegas said, Khun Macau likes to stop by a friend's house or go to other places. He understands the situation we are all in.

I also randomly receive a message from Khun Macau convincing me to drop the "Khun" and just call him Nong.

He also likes to send weird cute gifs or stickers and would contact me to ask something; most of them are just random thoughts he has in his head.

Khun Macau is a sweet child; his barriers are just high because of the environment he grew up in. He is kind of spoiled because of Vegas. I didn't know the reason why he is so kind to me.

As I am following Khun Macau, I receive a message from Vegas.

"I told Macau to go somewhere. Khun Sun messaged me and he needs to talk to me and Macau."

What? Khun Macau will go somewhere? What if Khun Kim will find out about that plan?

"I sent someone to distract Kim. If he ever did something to you, tell me. I'll chop his hands."

What does he even mean by that?

Even before I can reply, Khun Macau went to an abandoned and old bakery that is barely living. The door is open but no one would ever dare to enter that place.

"Pete!" I turn around when someone called my name.

Who is he?

"Who are you?" I asked.

Don't say that Khun Korn sent you too. Please, I had enough so you better be joking.

"I am Mark." He said. "Don't tell me you forgot about me? We're even friends in high school."

What did he say? Who is he?

He was smiling widely at me, teeth attached but he said something. "Vegas sent me here."

The Mark he talked about?

"Oi! Mark!" I greeted him matching the energy that made him laugh.

He raised his fist for a fist bump.

When did we even become close?

"What are you doing here?" He asked me and whispered. "Vegas told me to distract whoever on hell the person is named Kim."

Damn, he's kinda good at his words. We continued shaking hands and smiled at each other but we are already exchanging conversation.

"He's at the left side. How can we distract him?" I said as I smile.

Mark also shakes my hand, laughing. "Let's go somewhere."

He grabbed my shoulder and made sure that we will blend into the crowd, leaving Khun Macau alone so that he can go to Vegas.

"Let me treat you to a meal. You love food, right? Especially noodles so I will buy it for you!"

"Where did you even know that?" I whispered to him.

Mark and his chill face just look around. "Vegas told me to buy that for you."

"R-Really?"

"Stop blushing."

Damn you.

Both of us went to the food stalls that were lined up. With my peripheral vision, I used it to see if Khun Kim is still following us.

"You like this, right?" Mark asked. "I barely see you and didn't expect that I will meet you here. It must be fate, isn't it?"

Fate? What fate are you talking about? This is not fate, this could be a disaster once we failed.

I just sat still on one of the round tables and waited for him to buy food. Well, I am also hungry so let me say thank you to him for saving my stomach.

There are times when he will talk about things about his life that I didn't know about.

"I am not an enemy." He whispered as he munches his bread.

"I know," I replied.

He lowers his head, covering his face and trying his best not to laugh. This person is also on another level of craziness, isn't he?

"Nice meeting you." He said almost laughing.

I am sure that he is being randomly found this funny.

"Same," I said and giggled.

Today, I woke up with Porsche knocking on our bedroom door and it almost broke into pieces. Some gathers in the living room. A bouquet of roses arrived today and was addressed to me.

"Who is Mark?" Porsche asked.

What? Did he know the address? Why is he so random? Damn it.

"He is my high school friend," I said and smiled a little.

When I snatch the letter from Porsche's hands, I couldn't control but smile.

To Pete:

I hope that you are eating well and taking good care of yourself. Don't exhaust yourself too much, okay? I am not there to look after you. If the right time comes then I want you to be with me. I am waiting patiently, Pete.

Delivered by,
Mark.

There are two reasons why I am smiling.

The one that was written was "Delivered by Mark" which means that this isn't from him lastly, the moment I looked at the handwritten short message on a small card; I can easily recognize that it was Vegas' handwriting.

I helped him multiple times in doing his school work which includes the written one that I am familiar with his penmanship. He is indeed as sly as a fox one.

"Friend?" Khun No is still suspicious. "Friend but sending a love letter? I won't believe that.

I giggled yet tried my best to stop. Damn. I can feel my cheeks burning and my heart beating so fast.

"He is just a friend, Khun No. Bye. Let me take this flower to our room."

Vegas took the opportunity to use Mark to send this bouquet of roses. Is this also his way to get back?

"Let me talk to you, Pete."

Oh my goodness! I almost drop the flowers when Khun Korn appears. Is this the end?

Khun Korn, please, I am already begging you. Can you please stop making me anxious?

I followed him into his office, still hugging the bouquet Vegas gave me. Did he find something suspicious about my report? Did we fail to trick Khun Kim?

I don't want to overthink but I cannot help but worry. I let my one foot be positioned almost at the back. In case he wanted to shoot me, I can easily run away.

"There's no more information about Macau, right?"

See? It is about my mission.

"Nothing, Khun Korn."

"Then following Macau is already useless." He sat on his swivel chair and stare at my soul.

That's right. Stop messing with a kid.

"Khun Macau's life is about going to school and going home," I said which is somehow true.

"Macau is useless."

So spare him.

"Do you still have the gun I gave you?"

I am having a bad feeling about this. I nodded and asked. "Why, Khun Korn?"

With his stone-like heart and cold expression, Khun Korn replied. "You have 24 hours. I want Macau's dead body tomorrow. I am counting on you."

What the fuck is that?

I went outside Khun Korn's office almost not functioning properly. I suddenly feel lightheaded; I am just taking a few steps forward without having the intention to go somewhere.

I can feel that Khun Korn just take a sip of my whole being and left nothing.

My energy was instantly drained by what he just said. Is he even serious about it?

Where on Earth does his hatred is coming from? To be honest, I don't know and I don't find it reasonable.

As I am on the second floor, I looked down and found everybody happily having a conversation.

Khun No has Arm and Pol that will look after him. I am sure that they will always watch dramas with him and will spend their time being patient with him.

The time will come when Khun No will no longer needs me.

There are lots of talented bodyguards in the Main Family. I am sure that they will also love Khun No. Arm and Pol are already there to be with him and maybe if I leave, that will not be a great loss for the young master.

As for Porsche, he has Khun Kinn from the very start. Khun Kinn will never hesitate to risk his life for Porsche. I am happy that my friend found his happiness even though they keep fighting like cats and dogs.

For Che'- the one I also treated as a younger brother, I don't have to worry about him. Khun Kim is there. He can be a little stupid for following me but I know that he will not let anyone mess with Che'.

The people I care about the most already have someone that will protect them and that is enough for me to know.

If I leave, it's okay. I know that they will continue their lives with or without me.

They are already happy.

Their situation is different from the Minor Family where every day was all about survival.

Unlike here where there is a huge circle of people being happy with each other, the Minor Family only has Vegas, Macau, and the baby Venice.

Khun Macau and Venice depend on Vegas too much.

But who will save Vegas?

This is the final decision I have.

I picked up my phone, search for Vegas' number, and typed a message.

"I will leave the Main Family."

Within a minute, Vegas replied. "I will pick you up tomorrow evening."

I am risking it all.

In this do-or-die game of Khun Korn, I am finally siding with his enemy.

May you forgive me, Khun Korn.

Before leaving the Main Family, my last mission is to gather as much information as I can. I told Arm and Pol that I will just sleep and let them be busy taking care of Khun No.

I have heard from Porsche that Khun Kinn and Khun Korn will have a meeting about the shipment of equipment and will talk about expanding their business which I know will take more than an hour to finish.

When I went to our room, the backpack with my clothes is already prepared. I only brought some since I know that I have clothes in Vegas' mansion.

I breathed heavily and placed the backpack on my shoulder as I scan the whole room. I will miss this.

I will miss everything in this family.

But if I don't choose my heart, I will probably miss another opportunity- to be with him.

Looking at the different corners, checking if someone is watching, I entered Khun Korn's office with just the prayer that I won't get caught.

I saw some documents on his table that were written and printed recently. Since I am already running out of time, I tried my best to scan them as fast as possible and made some folders dropped on the floor.

I hope no one has heard it.

"Khun Kan..." I read his name in one of the folders. This must be related to him, isn't it?

Every time I saw a folder in which documents are addressed to the company of Khun Kan or any from the Minor Family, I will place it in my bag. Good thing that these folders are recent and must be about the properties.

This could be useful or not. Let Vegas check this.

When I can no longer find any updated documents, I stare at the small cabinet on Khun Korn's table.

The picture! The one he is talking about!

I tried to open it but it was locked. I don't have any idea what got me that am intrigued by the photo he is looking at. There might be a connection to Khun Kan and their never-ending saga of revenge and wrath.

I reached for the hairpin that is on my jacket and twisted it a little with my shaking hands.

Please don't arrive yet. I am just praying that Khun Korn will talk a lot to Khun Kinn.

"Got ya," I said when the drawer finally opened.

I am right this time. There is indeed a photo. I didn't stare too much at it and placed it quickly inside my bag.

Since I only saw it for a second, I only saw three people in the photo.

Why is it three?

I wiped my sweat and fixed my posture to avoid being suspicious. I also left a note for Khun Korn. I made sure that I locked it from the inside so that in case someone enters then it will be hard.

"Ow Pete! Why are you here?"

Holy mother father!

"Khun Kim."

I saw him staring at me with his thick eyebrows furrowed.

"Did my father talk to you?"

Thank you for giving me an excuse.

"He wanted me to do something, Khun Kim." Did I lie? But the more I stand here; I can also feel my life span shortening in five years. "I have to go."

I forgot about manners and went downstairs before I got caught. I don't want to find my body floating into the river so let me leave first.

"Going to a party?" Another bodyguard saw me and joked around.

I nervously laugh at him and nodded.

Yes. There will be a party of guns and grenades after this. I am half walking and ran at the same time as I went to the front gate.

Before leaving, I glanced at the whole mansion.

There is where I learned a lot of things. I gain real friends here and developed my skills.

This is the place where I grow but this is not the place where I can find comfort and happiness.

I ran away as fast I could before Khun Korn finds out about what I did.

"Shit." I cursed when I already heard a loud gunshot coming from the mansion.

I'm doomed.

Still breathing heavily, a car stopped in front of me.

"Pete!" Vegas reached out for my hands. "Come with me!"

I cannot even think properly when the sound of multiple gunshots was being fired. The sound was louder which means that it is getting near.

"They are coming!" Vegas said and grabs me to come inside.

Is this happening?

When I went inside, my mind turns black.

I don't know what I am doing now. Will the Main Family hunt us like their prey?

Vegas held my hands and squeeze them so I can focus.

"Hi." Someone greeted me.

It was Mark sitting at the front sit beside Nop.

"I left the Main Family..." I can remember their faces and guilt swallowed me whole. "I betrayed them."

I felt Vegas' hand on my head gently caressing it. I looked at him but he only smile at me.

"Welcome to the family."

END OF
FLASHBACKS

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 14.7K 28
VegasPete Fanfic
66.7K 1.7K 31
*DISCLAIMER* The story is not in any way related to the novel or series. It's purely based on what I want to write. Know that scene in episode 13 whe...
20.3K 799 14
A couple since college, they're living happily not until Vegas's parents ruined their relationship.
11.7K 609 12
Pete is life takes a turn for the worse when he becomes the victim of a ploy Just days before his marriage, he is drugged , and delivered to the room...