Running Over Water

By milkyxrose

When Percy and Annabeth go on a couples vacation to Central City, the home of metahumans, they run into some... More

[1 - Jitters]
[2 - Burgers + Barry]
[3 - Cheerleaders]
[4 - S.T.A.R. Labs]
[5 - Funny Suit]
[6 - Onomatopeia]
[7 - Poker Face]
[8 - Denarii]
[9 - Showtime]
[10 - The King Has Fallen]
[11 - Detective Pretty Boy]
[12 - Pineapple or No Pineapple?]
[13 - The Struggle]
[14 - Reverse Flash]
[15 - That Joe?]
[16 - Shooting the Shot]
[17 - Jinxed]
[18 - Candy?]
[19 - Don't Get Caitlin Drunk]
[20 - Suspicions]
[21 - Blames and Regrets]
[22 - The End?]
[23 - Kidding]
[24 - No Water?]
[25 - Trigger-Happy]
[26 - Chaos]
[27 - Clash of the Titans]
[29 - Apples?]
[30 - Cat Videos]
[31 - The Proposal]
[32 - Happy Meals]
[33 - Skeleton Friends]
[34 - Fatal Flaw]
[35 - As Easy as a Bookcase from IKEA]
[36 - Run, Barry. Run]
[37 - Hero]
[38 - I Save the World (Again)]
[39 - The End (For Real This Time)]
Epilogue

[28 - A Talk About Business]

714 29 16
By milkyxrose

Percy

From the twenty minutes that I watched from that movie, barely half of it was even accurate. And the fact that the main character's name was also Perseus made the experience ten times more horrible. I didn't even want to think about that movie ever again.

As I exited S.T.A.R. Labs, I made my way towards the nearest park. Somehow, I didn't get lost along the way. I let my legs lead the way, and I miraculously ended up here.

But it was the same park near the pier that Cisco, Barry, Caitlin, and I went to before we got attacked by the Reverse Flash, which sort of sucks. This place brought up unwanted memories but what was I to do about it?

I didn't really feel going through the process of trying to find another place to walk to; I was content right where I was.

I find a bench to sit at, and I wonder whether or not I should go on my phone and play some games, or if I should just relax and live in the moment. I decided on the former.

I don't often use my phone since I'm not used to electronics as well as other teenagers my age, however, that's what you get when you're a demigod. But the few times I do happen to use my phone, I use it for hours since it's so mindlessly addictive. Annabeth is usually the one who has to pull the device out of my hands.

I open one of the little amount of games I have on my phone and I play it for either five minutes or half an hour, it's hard to tell when you're so invested on a game, when a streak of yellow catches the corner of my eye.

My head whips up at the sudden movements and I drop my phone when I realize what, well, who the streak was. The Reverse Flash was running somewhere, but not towards me. I scramble to pick my phone up from the sidewalk when it begins to ring. I take a cursory glance at the screen to see that it's Cisco. I pick it up and our voices overlap while I say one thing and he says another.

"I just saw the Reverse Flash!" And "The Reverse Flash is near you!"

Cisco pauses before continuing to say, "We know, we got the alert right in the middle of an epic fight scene in the movie. Anyways, I don't know what he's up to but Barry will be there in a few seconds. Try to, ya know, hold him off from doing whatever he has in store."

"Gotcha."

I hang up the call, and I begin to run towards where the Reverse Flash seemed to have stopped. I'm not sure why they think I can hold a super-speedster off when he could kill me before a blink of an eye, but I'll try my best.

I don't think he knew I was ever in the vicinity, but this will definitely show him. I raised my arms, a surge of energy coursing through my veins as a bring up a wave of water from the pier.

The park connected to a long walkway which overlooked S.T.A.R. Labs and the pier. There seemed to be a couple in the middle of the walkway, and I knew I had to get them out of danger. As I ran, the water followed. I began to create a rotating shield around me and the couple as I go closer, but I become distracted when I realize who the couple is: Eddie and Iris.

Oh, Styx, this is going to be something. I run on the creaky walkway where I meet them. I hear them talking to me, but I tune them out, trying to focus on the task at hand. The rotating shield around us seems to be going so fast, I didn't even have an adjective to describe how quick it was going.

"Percy?" Iris asked in astonishment but I didn't have time to explain anything to her.

"Long story," I replied, and I kept my focus on the water shield.

The Reverse Flash, going at the speed he was going at, ran towards the shield, unknowing of its strength. When he runs into it, it knocks him backwards in one, swift motion. But he's up in a matter of seconds and angrier than ever.

"You're getting rather annoying," The Reverse Flash shouts and I reply with, "Yeah, I realize that!"

I turn my head to look behind my shoulder where Iris was clutching Eddie. "Is that-" Eddie begins to say.

"Yep, that's him. But he's dangerous. I need you guys to run in the other direction, and don't look back. Okay? I can hold him off until the Flash gets here." I look at Eddie, and he nods in understanding.

I look back at the Reverse Flash to see him running towards the water shield again. What's he expect to happen? To miraculously run through it?

Yes. That's exactly what happens. I'm jinxed when he seemed to phase through the water like it was nothing. Oh, schist, I'm so dead. He runs at me at a blinding speed, and I barely have time to react before I feel myself be pushed towards the railing of the walkway, and I lose my balance, and fall down.

The water shield around us dissipates, and I was too out of it to create a new one. My ribs ached, and I felt too groggy to move. What was taking Barry so long? I tried to stand up but when I try to, I see my hand is handcuffed to the railing. Seriously? When did he have time to get handcuffs?

He looked down at me, and a smirk was plastered on his face, "This isn't the last you'll see of me, Perseus." And he runs off towards Eddie and Iris who are almost off the bridge. I struggle to stand up, but I fail aimlessly. I extend my free hand forward, summoning water and I blast it towards the Reverse Flash, but he seemed to have seen it coming since he dodged it easily.

But to my dismay, he ran right past Eddie and Iris. And I thought that was it. Maybe it was over, but of course, the Reverse Flash ran back, knocking Eddie off his feet where he hit the walkway with a loud thump that echoed across the floor.

The Reverse Flash says something to Eddie, but he pulls his gun out of his holster and points at the Reverse Flash. It was a stupid move, I have to admit. This provokes the speedster because he goes up and grabs Eddie by the collar and without saying another word, he runs off with him. Iris falls to the floor, shouting Eddie's name but it's too late.

Barry, who decided now would be the best time to intervene, runs past me and to Iris where he says some things to her and runs off, attempting to catch the Reverse Flash, but we both know he's too late.

So I'm sitting here handcuffed to the railing, realizing it'll take a while before Barry comes back. I use my powers to create a sharp water. . . thing? It easily breaks the handcuffs, and I let them drop down. I see Iris alone, but I wasn't sure if I should approach her or leave her alone.

After a moments hesitation, I go back to S.T.A.R. Labs.

——

Barry was already in the medbay by the time I arrive. Woah, was that a new record? It barely seemed like five minutes since everything just happened, and Barry is already all beat up.

Caitlin is tending to him when I go up to scold him like a mother. "Where were you? I was waiting for your help! You seriously couldn't have expected me to hold him off forever! And you could've at least gotten me a ride back."

"I'm so sorry, Percy, I really am. My suit wasn't working and it began to malfunction, so I had to go scour through a closet to get my old one. And now it's all my fault that Eddie's gone, gah! Stupid suit."

"Hey, don't call my suit stupid, all right? And besides, it wasn't your fault. It was the Reverse Flash's fault, we all know that."

"Yeah, for once, Cisco's right. Try not to let today get to your head too much," Caitlin looks up from tending Barry.

She continues to treat for Barry and was in the middle of dabbing some ointment on an ugly, red gash on his temple when he winces in pain. "You seriously got to stop getting beat up by this guy. If I had a dollar for every time the Reverse Flash kicked your ass, I'd be rich by now," Cisco laughs, and I grin at him. Caitlin, on the other hand, glares at him.

"Why don't you try fighting against an evil speedster, Cisco, and let's see how you end up," Caitlin says, putting a Band-Aid on Barry's head.

"Yeah, nevermind. I'm good. Anyways, are you hurt Percy? Seems like he pushed you against the railing pretty hard," Cisco turns to me with sincerity in his eyes, and I just shake my head.

"All good. Hurts a bit but I'm sure the pain will subside in a few days," I said. I highly doubt that it would go away in a mere few days, but they don't know that I got ambrosia in my backpack which would heal my ribs in simply an hour.

"Want me to take a look at your injuries once I'm done with Barry?"

I wave a hand dismissively, "Nah, I'm good, thanks anyways, though. I think Barry needs all the help he can get, no offense, but you look like you got a fist fight and failed horribly."

"That is technically what happened," Barry chuckles, running his fingers through his hair.

"He's right, you do look terrible, Barry" an unknown voice says from behind us. My eyes widened as we all turn around to realize Iris is standing there, looking up at all of us. She was especially looking at Barry who had his suit still on. "Or should I say The Flash?"

----

After moments of pure awkwardness, Barry and Iris went into a separate room which was connected to the Cortex. There was a special treadmill there in which Barry could run on so Cisco and Caitlin could track his vitals. I've never seen him on it before, though. But thanks to soundproofing, we couldn't hear a thing they were saying.

The rest of us had to wait in the Cortex, allowing the two to talk things out, however, from looking at the security camera for that room, things were starting to get angsty. We all wanted to know what they were saying, but we had the microphone off. "This is one of the few times I do not want to be Barry Allen. He's going to get scolded so badly."

"I wonder what he's going to say to defend himself," I pondered out loud.

Caitlin responded with, "Well, I hardly think whatever Barry is going to say will make Iris forgive him."

"We should absolutely not listen in, though. Definitely none of our business," Cisco said. He says it with such certainty, it's hard to believe he was being sarcastic. Although it was so tempting to just press the button and listen in on their conversation.

"But technically, The Flash is our business," Caitlin noted, and I started to put the pieces together.

"And Iris did just figure out Barry is The Flash. . ." I add on.

"So by transitive property, they're both our business," Caitlin makes a small smile, and Cisco and I nod and watch as she unmutes the camera on the screen.

We suddenly hear Iris' and Barry's voices from the speakers, and we listened to their intense shouting match from the Cortex.

——

thank you guys so much for 20k reads on this book! I really appreciate the love and support I've been recieving <3

would you rather know how to play every instrument or know how to speak every language?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 364 28
Annabeth Chase is the town beauty. Yet, she is also the town oddball. With a love of reading and architecture, she doesn't quite fit in. She longs f...
89.4K 1.4K 58
Percy and Annabeth meet each other through a game called Heroes of Olympus and know each other under the alias Seaweed brain and Wise girl. When Anna...
249K 5.6K 32
Ever since the death of her father, Annabeth Chase has been stuck living with her cruel step mother and two step brothers. At school she's invisible...
662K 8.2K 24
Percy Jackson has been betrayed. After his new half brother frames him for everything at camp, he was shunned by the other campers, even Chiron. His...