A TALE FROM THE PAGES OF PAST

By ironlegoinaire

The mystery which revolved around her death is close to conclusion but will this lead to answers or more myst... More

CHARACTER INFO
ANCESTRAL MANOR
INVITATION
WARNING
COLD PRESENCE
PRINCESS OF HIND KUSH
STRANGE EXPERIENCE
NIGHT OF TERROR |
NIGHT OF TERROR ||
NIGHT OF TERROR |||
PAST REVEALED
††PLEASE READ††
POTRAIT
THE SHIFT
THE MESSAGES
REGRETS
THE WINTER NIGHT
AUTHOR'S NOTE
PART II
GHOST FLEET

PROLOGUE

262 17 4
By ironlegoinaire

MAHARAJ JAIVARDHAN

"Oh my god." I heard someone scream as I got the shock of my life as I turned back. In front of my eyes she is standing like nothing ever happened. Like she must not be dead for over the course of two and half decades. Princess Saranya stood with her hands over her mouth. The princess whose death resulted in more deaths than people ever care to count stood infront of my eyes. For a moment I forgotten my love of life in my hands and looked at my so called in-law. Princess Saranya of Devgiri Kingdom who is dead for more than twenty five years is now standing infront of his eyes like a ghost. "Ma." I heard a voice before Alekhya's blood began to drip down the stony floor of cavaren in steady fast stream.........

         .....My body went rigid with fear. Alekhya's body was going already limp. I will kill each and every member present in this cave of anything happened to her. The stony black cave is turning darker with her crimson blood. I didn't even tried to prevent my eyes from going total black from the anger and hopelessness I am feeling. "Can you save her ?" I yelled at her she looked at me terrified. "Come with me." She said gulping down as I followed her through the narrow ways cutting through the mountain naturally with ice cool water and some fragments dripping down them. "Don't leave me alone my love. I can't live without you." I mumbled in her ears as I wrapped her up in my cloak to stop the little bit body heat slipping from her body.

Unknown emotions flashed through me. Some of which I can't even explain. Anger and hopelessness are prominent. Even though I am a king I don't have power to protect whom I love. Really this world is cruel. I stepped back as SHE tried to take her from my embrace. "Leave her to me." She asked more like pleading. "No." I answered sternly. Clunching her closer. "Please she have to get well soon." She pleaded again. I handed her over reculantly. My eyes watched her like a hawk as I felt pain spread through back of my neck and world went black.

MARQUIS XAVIER DA'CAMINO

"Is she will be okay ?" I asked as she is lowered into the hot spring. "She will survive." She said as she glared at us. "Take him and go away." She said as I saw her removing the cloak from her body. I quickly took Jaivardhan's body and came to main chamber of cave decorated with couches and fireplace. He is quite heavy, so I have to drag him in my way. I settled him on the couch and walked towards the fireplace and iginated it. Hairs on my arm rose as I felt a blade on my neck. I raised my hands in surrender and turned back slowly. "Care to explain yourself Marquis ?" He asked as my eyes roamed to my mother who is also on blade but it's hold by a unfamiliar lady with greying dark locks.

"Princess Saranya. I think Maharaj Arun will be glad to have his sister back in his kingdom. Do you ever thought of the consequences of your run away. Till now entire Sandhvik Danasty is in shambles." She said seething in anger. "Bhabhi Sa is still out cold." Another man said as he stumbled into our caves. Daneil narrowed his eyes at me. "Give me a proper reason why I shouldn't murder you and hid your corpse here so that no one can ever find you out." He said clearly losing control. I looked into his considerably darkning eyes. I can feel my eyes switch colour. "Because my dear BROTHER we are in same boat." I said with as we heard another blood curdling scream. "It started." I heard my mom whisper as I heard a groan from Jaivardhan. "Didn't you knock him out long." I heard my mother screech at me.

AMRITA RODRIGUEZ (on the eve of winter ball)

I looked at the moonless sky. "Rachana ask Xavier to take them towards caves I don't think she can make through the journey." I said as I looked at Alekhya standing on the balcony killing the rebels like ants and insects. Her aura is changing considerably and her eyes are darkening. "But she is can't. She should not change at this time. It's still early." Rachana pleaded as we ran across the ballroom towards the carriages. "Listen." I said making her face me. "At first place she is not supposed to be born but she born nonetheless. I can feel the power radiating off her. Take both of them to the caves where we took Xavier. Don't tell anyone." I told her and jumped over my horse.

"I will come back." I said as I rode in opposite direction towards the small cottage I have to get the things I need. The truth can no longer withheld with us. The truth why we have to flew our motherland and come to this forgein land to settle. I clunched the books tight in my hand and speed through the snowy terrain towards the caves we accidentally stumbled years ago. My vision was limited due to the heavy snowfall. It will take a day to reach the ancestral palace considering how much snow is gaining on me. I reigned my horse will it to move faster leaving behind steps in icy snow.

ARIANA VENCENZO

"Where is Lady Rodriguez, Lady Da'camino and Rudra ? They had not joined us yet." I asked my bodyguard Daneil had appointed. "I don't know your highness." He said as he went and sat on coachman's seat. "We must wait for them." I ordered him but he didn't listen to me. "I only follow His Highness's orders." He said as he whipped the horses to move the coach on the spur of a moment. I yelled him to stop but he didn't listen to me. I stopped my yelling and sat back in my place with my chin in my palm. Thinking about my pathetic life. At first Daneil was all nice and now he had grown alot controlling and possessive about me. I am not even allowed to go anywhere without a couple handmaiden and atleast four soilders.

I feel like I am caged in a preety cage. I hate this. Suddenly I heard a scream and the couch halted. I gulped down the nervousness down my throat and tighten my grip on the small knife I have. I slowly opened the curtains and signed. "Ariana you must come with us." Uncle Luke said as he helped me down from the couch. I found the couchman cum bodyguard slumped on his position. "He is not dead." He said sensing my worry. "Where we are going ?" I asked as we raced on the cold ground. "Hadn't you felt Daneil and Amrita are hiding something from a long time." Je asked. I ponder on it. "True I felt Daneil change a lot after meeting Rudra. He became a lot more overprotective and controlling." I agreed with him. "I no longer trust them with you." He said. "Untill we know what's happening." He added.

DANIEL RODRIGUEZ

I pressed my blade against his neck drawing a thin line of blood. His eyes changed colour. From grey to blue. "So my doubt is correct." I heard Rajdeep say as he stepped beside me. His eyes in deepest of green almost greenish black. "You hid yourself very well." Xavier said trying to buy sometime but Rajdeep saw through it. "Trying to buy yourself time. Good with that. But better remember that with whom you screwed this time." He shouted at him as pure power and murderous intent rolled out from him in waves. I felt almost suffocated by the power in the room. My eyes had gone black long back. "This is not possible." I heard Lady Da'camino mutter. "Oh believe me princess it is possible in every way. I am thinking the person on Daneil's blade must be your son." He stated glaring at Marquis.

And many thing happened at once. Rajdeep was thrown and I were thrown against the walls of cave and Marquis was lifted three feet above the ground by a raging Jai. "That was a real dumb move of knocking me out." He said throwing him against the wall with blunt force. "Lion Gaurds." He ordered as three people came out of nowhere. "I want them in our custody." He said as they vanished in thin air along with Marquis and Lady Da'camino.  We heard another blood curdling scream from Yurani. "Don't let anyone come near that place." He ordered as he ran towards the spring.

MAHARAJ JAIVARDHAN

I ran towards the source of screaming knowing very well she must have atleast one of her trusty person near her. My gaze stopped at her figure. She is thrashing wildly in pain in the hot water pond which had turned pink due to her blood. Within second I entered the pond catching her arms so she won't harm herself. "Calm down love." I whispered to her peering over her naked back. Each and every scar ever present there is bleeding out and I felt as if they are readjusting themselves into something new. The I traced them above her skin which is burning up. They did formed a shape I have a slight idea off. I have kind of similar markings on my back. I think we will have a pair. The lion and The Lioness. Rudra have tiger and Raj have eagle. I still have no idea which marking my father use to have.

I dipped the cloak thrown near the edge and cleaned her back. She winced at the contact. I smiled and kissed her forehead as I saw a lioness's face peering back at me. But unlike us it's not in black in colour. But it looked like her scars rearranged themselves and turned black. Giving the Lioness a powerful, cold and frightful aura. I looked at her passed out in my arms. I took a sigh of relief. Who knows how much time have passed away. Two pahar, three pahar or entire day. I don't care untill she is okay. I just till her body temperature even normal and her breath evened out. I got up and dressed her in my cloths. Her face had became a lot cleaner and had a glow that even I can't explain. Her transition finally passed away but it is not the hardest step. The hardest step is the aftermate of her transition.

YURANI ALEKHYA

I opened my eyes after all the torment passed away. I was in a cave with a natural spring. Some light filtered in through the gaps in the roof telling we are high and near the surface of the hills or mountains. The last thing I remember was the bone deep pain in my back which is now normal but I did felt a warm ache. The water was crystal clear with a light steam raising of its surface. I felt a weight around my eyes look beside me to find Jai snuggled into. His arms tightly around my waist. His body over me in a way as if trying to protect me from unknown danger. I looked down at my cloths. My original shirt and pants long gone. I was dressed in a loose tunic and loose pants. Loose enough to allow movement of air to my skin which is considerably hot considering the snow outside.

"How are you feeling ?" I heard Jai ask as I had suffered a great deal. "What happened to me and Why are we here ?" I heard myself ask. My voice soft and timid not at all like my usual. "Your transition." He said looking into my eyes. "My what ?" I arched my eyebrow. "It's a secret among royals. Every future prince have powers bestoned to us passed by our father's or mother's bloodline but they only mature at the time of great calamity. The last time this powers are found maybe hundreds of years back. In our pinoeer's generation. All the following generations showed them at some point of their life. But they suddenly flared up in this generation again. Daneil, Xavier, Rudra, Raj they all have powers." He tried to explain but it confused me even more.

"Why I never saw any documentation of this and you said Prince but I am a Princess." I asked. He looked at me grimly. "It is passed down orally along with the throne. Your father is still ruling or maybe you are a girl that's why he didn't told you." He explained and I nodded. "It means we are gonna be in a war soon." I stated as his explanation settled in my mind. "We are and I don't think any of us is escaping unscathed." He said leaning back on the stone slab. "Where is Xavier ?" I asked he looked at me. "I think Amrita and Saranya must give us some answers." He mumbled. His not giving them titles got my attention. "After we our transition we are considered par with our parents and elders. We won't have to give them respect or call them by any relation." He explained as if sensing my doubt. "We must leave." I said getting up. "We must." He said slipping his hand inside mine and stepping out of the cave system.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 72 16
Book #2 (THE ONE SERIES) She is as cold as ice Though Life threw her in tough situatons She came back strong But she didn't have a home to return t...
41.2K 2.1K 20
In ancient India, a princess was born. She was trained in warfare without the knowledge of her subjects and she became a ferocious warrior. On her...
20.1K 1.3K 81
Third book in the 'ORDER OF SEVEN KINGS' series. Hey everyone! So I'm back with a new and exciting story with many characters including my all time f...
23.6K 1K 75
In a world of magic, intrigue, and unexpected twists, follow the captivating journey of the Death Queen. After surviving a catastrophic explosion orc...