I was Happier with Him.. -c...

נכתב על ידי el2oh2el

"Delilah Evans, why do you keep on going back to him?" "Because why not," I said laughing. "It's not healthy... עוד

cast !
backstory !
chapter 2 !
chapter 3 !
chapter 4 !
chapter 5 !
chapter 6 ! (..sorta)
chapter 7 !
chapter 8 !
chapter 9 !
chapter 10 !
chapter 11 !
chapter 12 !
chapter 13 !

chapter 1 !

825 10 7
נכתב על ידי el2oh2el

:)

1 year later since the breakup

Delilah POV !

It's been a year since Jack and I had broken up. I haven't dated anyone for a whole year. Had a couple hookups here and there but nothing special. Took me a while to move on. But I have. I'm still not completely over him but I have accepted the fact that we're never getting back together.

I live with Maude now. There used to be another roommate but they moved out. I'm so lucky to have a friend like her.

12:32pm

"Hey Lilah! Guess what," Maude says coming into my room.

I pause my TV show and say, "What?"

"I got us ticket to the dodger game tomorrow!"

"Oh really?! That's so cool. Where are the seats?"

"In the family section..."

"Family section? Where the hell is that?"

"With the dodger players families!"

"Wait what?! I'm so confused right now!"

"Okay, so you know how I posted about how I thought Kourtney Turner was just one of the prettiest people I've ever on my TikTok?"

I nod my head and she continues on talking

"Well I guess she saw it and she texted me on insta and we talked a lot this whole week. Yesterday we decided to meet up at a cute little cafe. Obviously we talked a lot and then she thought it'd be so fun for me and a friend to come to a dodger game AND MEET THE PLAYERS!"

I stand up on my bed and start jumping up and down

"OH MY GOD! ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS?! THATS SO EXCITING," I say excited.

She starts jumping up and down with me and screaming. We eventually get tired and lay down in my bed.

"When's the game?"

"Today."

"Today?! Why didn't you tell me this sooner?"

Maude shrugs her shoulders and says, "Start getting ready. We're meeting Kourtney and a couple of the other moms at some restaurant. We're leaving at 2:30. They're all really excited to meet us for some reason."

I laugh at the last part and go to my closet to choose out an outfit.

"Oh and maybe try to look hot. You never know who you're gonna meet," she says winking at me.

I throw a pillow at her and she quickly runs away.

2:05pm

I'm finally done getting ready. I chose a cute white tank, with light wash baggy jeans, a cute beige cardigan, and my white converse. I accessorized it with some gold jewelry and my white Prada bag. I did my normal makeup (concealer, powder, mascara, blush, highlighter, and lipgloss) and lightly curled my hair.

I walk out into the living to see Maude is already ready. She's just sitting on the couch watching TV. I sit on the couch with her and watch whatever she's watching.

"What is this," I asked.

"Criminal Minds," she says totally focused on the show.

2:35pm

"Maude! Are you almost done in the bathroom? It's already 2:35 and it takes twenty minutes to get there," I yell out to her.

She's comes out of the bathroom, ready to go. She grabs her keys and her purse and heads out the door. I follow along.

We into the car and put in the location on Waze. After she puts in the location, we start driving off to the restaurant. It was quiet in the car so I decide to play some music. I put on the song Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston.

-

We finally get to the restaurant. It's called Perch. Never heard of this place. It's looks really nice though.

We up to the building and we see a bunch women just standing around chatting. Suddenly one girl comes out of the crowd and walks up to us. I realize that the girl is Kourtney Turner.

"Hey Maude! I was wondering when you'd show up," Kourtney says.

They talk for a little bit and then she looks over to me.

"Oh my- you're Delilah Evans! I love you in Strangers Things and Euphoria. Your character is my favorite," she says smiling.

I smile back at her and say, "Aw thank you! That's so sweet."

"Well I'm Kourtney Turner. Justin's Turner's wife."

After she said that, she gave me a hug. It was tight kinda long hug. She gives really good hugs actually.

"Well come on! Let's meet the others," she says.

She walks over to the group of women and we follow. I'm not too nervous because I can talk to people really easy and this group seems really nice.

"Hey girls! I want to introduce you guys to the two girls that are coming to the game with us. This is Maude Apatow and Delilah Evans."

We both wave and smile at them. They all come up to us each one of them gives us a hug. It was kinda funny because all had a little fangirl moment when they met us.

After we were done with our introductions, we head into the restaurant. We get seated outside. The outside is really nice. There is a nice view of the city.

"This place is really nice. I've never been here," I say look around.

"Oh you haven't? We come here a lot. This place has good food, I think you'll love it," Mary (Chris Taylor's wife) says sitting next to me.

-

We were there for about two hours and I really got to know them. They're a nice group. I wouldn't mind hanging out with them. I talked to Mary most of the time. She's really nice.

We finished eating so we paid for meals and left. Once we got outside, we were standing there talking for another ten minutes.

"Okay you guys, it takes about ten to get to the field and we have nothing to do before the game. So do you ladies just want to go there and watch BP and talk more," Kourtney asked.

We all agreed to the plan and headed to our cars. They said to follow them because there's a special place where they park but we still typed in Dodger Stadium on our maps just in case.

Maude puts on a dodger hoodie and drives off.

-

We get to the fields and meet the others in the parking. We all walk in together and head to our spots. As soon as we got there, little kids started to run up to the moms. It was really cute. They then introduced us to all their kids. I love little kids. I think they're so cute and so fun to take care of.

"Hey Delilah, do you not have any type of dodger stuff," Mary asked me.

I shake my head and say, "No, I lived in Washington my whole life until about 3 years ago. I've been to one dodger game but that's about it."

"Oh my- you've only been to one dodger game in the three years that you've lived here?!"

Maude comes into the conversation and says, "She's weird, right?"

I push her lightly and laugh. Mary takes the hat that she was wearing off and puts it on my head. I take it off and try to hand it back to her but she refuses to take it back.

"No, keep it. I have a lot of dodger stuff anyway. You have nothing. Giving you one hat won't hurt."

"Thank you so much! I really appreciate it," I say.

She smiles at me and we start a new conversation

(the hat)

-

It's the top of the 9th inning. Dodgers are down by one. Bases are loaded with two outs. Trey Turner is at third, Will Smith is that second, and Justin Turner is at first. Cody Bellinger is up to bat. Full count.

"A grand slam would be amazing right now," I said to Maude.

"Yeah, it would be. Wouldn't it," she said back.

The pitcher throws the ball and Cody swings at it. He hits the ball and it keeps on going and going and it's... gone! Wow. He really just did that.

Everyone starts cheering. Maude looks over to me with her jaw dropped. I look over to her and laugh ridiculously. She starts to laugh along with me and all the other moms look at us.

We explain to them the whole thing and they laugh along with it.

-

Game is over and the dodgers won, 5-2. There were fireworks this game so we went onto the field to watch them. As we were on the fields, all the players started coming out too and heading to their families. Maude and I were just standing there watching everything because we didn't know any of them.

"Maude! Delilah! Come over here," Kourtney said waving at us to come over.

We walk over to her and her husband and some of the other players. She then starts to introduce us.

"Maude, Delilah, this is my husband Justin. And these are some of the other players."

She starts to point to all the players and says, "This is Chris, Will, and Cody."

I look at every one of them and smile. I shook all of their hands. I lock eyes with Cody a little longer than I did with the others and our hand shake last a little longer than the others too. I eventually let go of his hand but my eyes stay locked with his.

He really does have pretty eyes.

:)

hello everyone! this is my first chapter of my new book. i hope you liked it. it was sm fun writing this chapter. while you're at it, take a look at my other books. i'm sure you'd like those ones too. thank you sm for reading my book and love youu

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

203K 2.7K 50
"baby watching you break is like going through hell" trigger warning: contains and/or mentions: eating disorders, depression, sexual assault, and ph...
37.4K 648 17
" i don't know how not to live my life with you in it" a short sequel to my previous Corey Seager fanfiction, Baby Bellinger.
3.9K 484 68
"You were worried about me, Specs?" He smirked. "No, Tyler. I hoped that someone cut up your corpse and fed it to paranas. Obviously I was, you idiot...
28.5K 958 82
Jada Scott, a top model, but aspiring clothing line owner, working across the United States. She has roots that lead her to love the game of baseball...