from Academy to Anbu by theri...

By Tanjastorm

read the story if you want to and not my original work. I just like the story and wanted an easier access to... More

chapter one
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41

chapter 20

130 8 0
By Tanjastorm

Ten days after Ro reactivates, Naruto's apartment…

"My, my, Naruto, what a surprise. To think Konoha's dead-last, drop out Jinchuuriki was an ANBU? I must be losing my touch. That, or someone knew of my ruse." Kabuto chuckled darkly to the bound and barely conscience Naruto, who managed a weak glare. His team was on a four man patrol as Dragon needed more seals created before chunin hopefuls arrived the next week. He had sent Angel out as well to work with Hisoka in operating her larger form; coordination for a hell cat when they changed their size was always tricky.

"T-traitor" Naruto growled. He knew about Kabuto, all of ANBU did. But for the man to blow his cover now had serious implications. He attempted to call forth Kurama's chakra but found instead a searing pain.

Crap. If I can't use chakra, I can't deactivate my silencing seals! Not that it would help, as Guy is training somewhere and Kakashi is at Jiraiya's book signing. Damn, he ambushed me by bypassing my seals but keeping up the silencing ones- fuinjutsu wasn't in his files!

"Tsk, tsk, a little shock there, eh? No, I can't have you trying to leave before I get some answers. Now tell me: where is the scroll of sealing? I looked everywhere in the tower but it appears to have vanished from its traditional spot. However, I remembered a certain blonde having stole it but couldn't find you…until now, it seems. Really, you shouldn't have told that academy student where you live. It was so simple getting such a sweet child to tell me where her 'sempai' lived."

"When"

"When you picked her up from the academy last Thursday for ramen. Really, Naruto, you couldn't sense me? How pathetic. Now, unless you want her to become my new experiment, you'll tell me where the ANBU has moved the scroll."

"I'm a rookie, they wouldn't tell me about that." Naruto tried, keeping his voice neutral. In truth he did know, as the Hokage had taken him to the archives the week before to study the barrier seal on it so he could modify it to fit the ANBU HQ.

"Tsk, I don't like liars, Naruto; you know who I am based on how quickly you had called on clones when I ambushed you, and I don't doubt Konoha is fully aware of Orochimaru-sama's plans. Of course, I'm an elite jonin level shinobi, and you're…not. So save the lies and attempts at escape and tell me what I want to know." Kabuto had moved over and engulfed his hand in a blade of chakra. Swiping quickly he tore the muscles in Naruto's right leg- an injury unable to heal quickly with his chakra system acting out.

"Argh!"

"I'll do worse to that academy student!"

Momo! The thought of the girl who had just eagerly showed him her newest seal being at the hands of the monster in front of him made the jinchuuriki's blood boil. But, revealing where the archives were- and subsequently the scroll of seals- was out of the question. So, in a probably suicidal move Naruto managed to lift his face from the floor and spat at the grey-haired traitor. Kabuto grunted.

"Bold move coming from someone experiencing my strongest chakra inhibiter poison mixed with venom. No matter; we'll have plenty of time to play back at Oto; Orochimaru-sama will be pleased to have a pet Jinchuuriki."

"Why do you want the scroll of seals?" Naruto asked, trying to buy time until the poison wore off. Already his feet tenketsu could be used without pain. If he timed a kick just right…

"Hm? You don't know? Well, Orochimaru-sama is one for the dramatic. And what better drama than for a Hokage to die by the hand of another, ne?"

Wait…Edo Tensei! He had heard about the jutsu from the scroll, a truly frightening jutsu in the wrong hands.

"Now, why don't we go pick up Momo-chan? She should be sleeping by now. I saw her room- lots of toads and foxes, probably Jiraiya's doing. And her pajamas? How precious. They'd look even cuter with blood and tears, don't you think." Then he looked up and saw a picture Naruto had on the wall: Yakumo painting, taken from when he visited her three days before, telling her he had a meeting scheduled with the Hokage about taking the seal off. She'd positively glowed in happiness. "Oh? Who's that, Yakumo Kurama? My, why don't I take her too? She's cute, hearing her scream as I unravel her kekkei genkai's secrets will be music to my ears, kuku."

And Naruto saw nothing but red. He thought of nothing but stopping the taunts, the threats.

Yakumo.

Naruto couldn't let her be hurt, not after he promised to make things better, not at the hands of this man.

Kabuto felt a bubble of chakra that instantly shot through him. Looking down the traitor saw a blue chain disappearing into his abdomen, another through his leg, and three more shooting off into the walls around. Kabuto tried to slice through the one in his abdomen with his chakra scalpels but his hand bounced off. The blonde brat had called on chains from his hand, Kabuto realized.

"W-what the?" He sputtered before reflexively blocking a weak punch.

Naruto wheezed a bit as his punch was caught. The sudden emergence of the fabled chains was jolting but he'd contemplate it later.

Kabuto engulfed Naruto's hand in green, causing it to break. Hissing in pain, he rolled back against the wall, forcing chakra through the hand to deactivate all his seals. Kunai shot out of the wall, but all were deflected by the still impaled Kabuto, and one stray one was attached to a chain.

Damn, not enough control to use fuinjutsu or clones- forget other jutsu.

As Naruto frantically fished for a solution Kabuto whipped out a syringe to sedate his capture, throwing it the short distance at the now sitting up blonde, who was attempting to stand with severed muscles.

However, it was not to be, as a gloved hand shunshined between Naruto and the needle, catching it.

"I can never leave you alone for a second, can I Mouse? My raven leaves for ten minutes to check on Ro's squad and you got taken down by this pansy. Honestly, we need to spar more." The newly arrived Dragon was the picture of cool, not even being surprised at the chain coming out of his suboridnate's hand and through the traitor. Kabuto attempted to speak or move but Dragon cut him off. "Mouse, focus more chakra through your non-injured hand." Naruto did and three more appeared, wrapping around the injured Kabuto. "Your healing factor is astounding, Kabuto, but you can't heal being impale if the object is still stuck. And those chains?" Here the commander kneeled down and stared, Sharingan spinning, having Kabuto gasp. "Not even the Kyubi could break them. Tell me: who knows Konoha has been fooling Oto and Suna?"

Kabuto wanted to refuse-or better yet lie-, but his brain just felt like he should tell the unknown Sharingan wielder in front of him everything. It wasn't a normal genjutsu, and before long he had no idea why he felt any hesitance to tell the man in front of him what he knew.

"Nobody; I was going to tell Orochimaru-sama my suspicions after I arrived with the Jinchuuriki." Kabuto spoke in a trance.

"Good; When is Orochimaru arriving?" Naruto watched in fascination as his leader just asked for the information from a master spy, some one that should be unbreakable, especially if just asked.

"Next week. He will be here to take over a genin team and then mark Sasuke Uchiha during the second phase, where I would then abduct him."

"Why did you choose Mouse?"

"He had successfully taken the scroll Mizuki was supposed to give me for Orochimaru-sama, and he would have been valuable to Orochimaru-sama."

"And finally, what would Orochimaru do if you were killed while attempting to break into the Hokage's office to steal the scroll, only to die by Hiruzen's hand?"

"He would not care, for I am expendable."

"Thank you" Dragon said. Just then the exterior to Naruto's living room blew up and Hikaru jumped in, Deidara close behind. As the dust settled, the pair looked ready for battle of epic proportions.

"NOBODY HURTS OUR TEAMMATE!" They shouted in unison. Spotting Kabuto bound Hikaru instinctively jukens his heart.

No, normal gentle fist would have blocked points leading to the vital organ, killing them over minutes.

Hikaru didn't employ the normal way, instead pulsing enough to explode the heart instantly.

"Hah! Take that, bastard" Deidara cheered. "Now let's blow him up for art, un!"

"Achem" Dragon's voice broke them out of their celebration. "Let me remind you this is an apartment complex? Blowing the homes of your ANBU comrades sky high would not be wise" Dragon paused to let the message sink in before then cutting the traitor's head off. Turning to an amazed Naruto the commander had an unseen smirk, well aware he had just looked awesome.

"W-what was that, Dragon-sama? You asked" Naruto sputtered, ignoring Hikaru and Deidara completely.

"Uh huh, and you'll never speak of this again, am I clear?"
"Yes, Dragon-sama." The blonde said hesitantly, realizing once again how untouchable the enigma of a man really was. "Um, how do I…retract these things?"

Next morning…

"But captain the dorms are fine or even here. I can manage-"

"No buts, Naruto. I want all of Ro to live nearby each other until this is over. Your apartment currently has holes from your chains, blood stains, and a blown out wall; I won't accept another squad as their schedule will be different than ours, meaning Hikaru's apartment is the only answer." Tenzo said sternly. Three members of Ro and Angel were in the middle of Naruto's drafty living room, proving his captain's point.

"B-but what about your place? Or Yugao-sempai's?" Naruto pleaded.

"My boyfriend wouldn't like you taking over his space" Yugao interjected.

"And my place is too full of plants. Hikaru's is fine, you'll only be there a week."

"…Yes, captain" Naruto relented, picking up his bag and scrolls dejectedly. As he left Tenzo turned to Yugao.

"I know Hayate would have loved Naruto being over."

"But my sword shrine wouldn't."

Hikaru's apartment…

"Welcome, Chibi-kohai, to the best bachlore/ bachelorette pad in ANBU!" Hikaru declared grandly, his white eyes twinkling. Deidara threw a kunai at his roommate.

"Hey! I'm male, un!"

"Che, embrace the really you" Hikaru replied. He turned to a silent Naruto and Angel. "Now, Chibi-kohai, Angel and you can share my room." This got a reaction.

"Hell no, sempai! Your roach farm is in your room! I can hardly step around in here. I'll share with Deidara"

"Yeah, I hate roaches" Angel added. Still sore from her training with Hisoka the hell cat missed when she attempted to jump and scratch the Hyuga.

"Now, now, Chibi-kohai. It's improper for males and females to share beds unless on a mission or dating. Pyro-kohai needs her own space."

"For the last time I'm manlier than you, Roach-teme! Tell him, Fishcake, un" Deidara pointed a finger at Naruto, who just sweat dropped.

"Maybe you should just believe her- eh, him, sempai" Naruto said, making Deidara drop his jaw and Hikaru burst out laughing. Deidara tackled his roommate and they tumbled on the floor. Seconds later Deidara had Hikaru in a headlock…with his legs.

"UN! CAN A FEMALE USE A LEG HEAD LOCK?! HUH, HUH? I'M A FREAKING FOURTEEN YEAR OLD MALE!" The older blonde screamed. Hikaru just gave a choked laugh.

"Ha! Even Chibi-kohai knows you're a female." This time a volley of kunai aimed at Naruto flew from Deidara's sleeve. However, they were caught by blue chakra chains.

"Mwahaha! Now petty attacks can't touch me." Naruto cackled. Before he would have had to dodge or take the kunai like a shinobi, but no longer.

"Oh, I think I am perfectly capable of bypassing those strings of twine" A dark voice chuckled. Naruto gulped, as did his still locked roommates, and turned around to see their commander there.

"D-Dragon-sama, when did you get there?" Naruto asked.

"Oh, long enough. Now bring your chains and Angel to our training ground; I need to beat some competence into you with them." Without waiting for a reply the man was off, leaving a relieved room of shinobi behind.

Training grounds hours later…

Back handing off the grass Naruto vaulted ten feet back, Angel close on his heels.

'Now' he signed and Angel blew out a large ball of flames. "Wind style: Great breakthrough" The combo stopped the advance of their opponent. Dragon used a shunshin and backhanded Naruto into the air.

Or not. Dragon was apparently able to shunshin through fire.

The young ANBU activated his chains but they flailed uselessly in the wind against Dragon. Bruises arose as the chains were unable to block.

"Think, Mouse" Dragon lectured once Naruto was on the ground under his foot, "I've told you to use the chains as a solid barrier, not individual snakes."

"Grr I'm trying, but I can't just do it, okay? When will I get my mother's notebook over it?" Naruto asked, knowing from Kurama that Kushina had been writing all her knowledge down. The Biju was silent on how the chains worked, however, acting much like he did before Naruto faced his darkness.

"When the elders and Hokage approve of it. My crow is currently in the meeting to listen in; They're discussing how much to let you see at once, as the notes are in your inheritance to be given at sixteen. But, given the circumstances, you'll be given access to at least the journal before then."

"Wait, this is the second time you've mentioned a crow, and the first one was watching me. Dragon-sama, how often does your crow observe me?" Naruto asked, creeped out by the thought of an ever present spy.

"…You're not any different than the other ANBU, you know; I keep watch over all of my men."

"…That's creepy." Naruto deadpanned. Dragon chuckled in what could be described as nervousness. "So, what are you going to give me to keep quiet?"

"The promise of letting you live past the hour?"

"Nope, not good enough."

"How about another story about Shisui Uchiha? There was one mission he killed ten enemy shinobi with a spoon, you know. And this was before his shunshin was at its peak" Naruto was instantly entrapped, soon engrossed by Dragon's masterful weaving of the legend's past.

Meanwhile, Dragon was patting himself on the back. Sure, it was really only four shinobi and they had been injured by Itachi, but those were minor details.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

659K 17.6K 63
𝘈𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘒𝘡𝘦𝘧𝘢𝘭 𝘯π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡, 𝘺𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘧𝘦 𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦π˜₯. 𝘠𝘰𝘢 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘡π˜ͺ𝘯𝘢𝘦π˜₯ 𝘡𝘰 𝘡𝘳𝘒π˜ͺ𝘯 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘒�...
107K 3.9K 34
Kakashi x Reader You suddenly find yourself stuck in "Naruto's" world without knowing why, and were taken in by the Leaf village as one of the infamo...
242K 2.6K 32
the content is all nsfw- minors please do not interact but I can't stop you form reading. naruto shippuden attack on titan jujutsu kaisen #1 naruto...
34.2K 869 29
[IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO READ THIS STORY, PLEASE REFRAIN BECAUSE I WILL BE REVISING (OR EITHER REBOOTING) IT TO A NEW STORY, BUT DON'T WORRY, KEY POIN...