The First Day of Spring

By Thanatri-Fareida

Every first day of spring, Choi Han and Raon Miru would go take a look at Cale Henituse's Painting in the Hen... More

I Spend by Reminiscing The Past Where You Were Still by My Side

424 27 4
By Thanatri-Fareida

[07-06-2022]

Credits to the artist of the cover:

I got the artist's permission✨
Really want to do "thy" but i dont think that's the correct usage for thy. And i erased the numbers before the words fic because it was characters and not words. I ain't gonna embarrass myself.

(I dont know if snows already melts on the first day of spring, so lets just pretend it does because we clearly dont have snows on tropical countries. Also, if there is a mistake on the Korean honorifics, please tell me, because i'm unsure on the harabeoji one)

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A man in his late fifties and a black dragon stood and sat respectively as they stared at each other in deafening silence. The dragon's gaze held longing and sadness, and the man's gaze held the same look mixed with understanding.

"It's the first day of spring once again Choi Han."

The man- Choi Han- and the black dragon- Raon Miru.

Choi Han gave a bitter smile to Raon. The little black dragon has grown up to be a great and mighty dragon lord.

'Cale-nim, i wish you were here to see how powerful he had become and how he's always motivated to grow, even after his third growth-phase'

Yet, despite that, the great and mighty dragon lord couldn't bear to look at a mere painting.

Choi Han think that, no matter how great and mighty someone is, they wouldn't be able to forget the death of their loved ones. Him included.

He watched as how Raon's gaze drifted away from him to stare at the large painting on the museum wall. The biggest and most luxurious painting in the museum, made by experts to capture the beauty and glory of the hero of the Western and Eastern Continent.

The beautiful redhead may be a hero who had saved them all in the eye of the citizens. He was called Young Master Silver Shield, a blessing from God, the Chosen one of the Gods, God's Messenger. One might mistake him for the mightiest race of the mortal realm, dragons, and one might even say he was a God that descended from Heaven to save their world from impending (But not inevitable) doom.

But to Choi Han and Raon Miru, he was a liege and a father figure. A home, salvation, concord, and hope to many individuals he had sheltered and taken care of. That includes the two of them.

Choi Han disliked the red of blood, it reminds him of the way he suffered in the Forest of Darkness when he first arrived here; of the blood that was left behind him as he was dragged by a monster, severely injured and desperate to escape; Of the blood of the innocent villagers and the blazing fire that devoured the houses of Harris Village; Of the blood on his sword after he killed the members of Arm.

(If this has happened after he met Cale-nim, he will surely smack them in the back as hard as possible like he did with the White Shit and all the other enemies)

Raon disliked the color red. It reminds him of his darkest days where he was tortured and played like he was some kind of toy, unworthy of happiness and freedom and that he only came into this world for the entertainment of some son of a bitch; It reminds him of his blood on the floor and the torturer when they whipped his barely closed wounds; The excited red flush on the bastard's face when he saw him getting tortured while sipping his expensive red wine and enjoying a luxurious feast.

(The wine stored in his human's wine cellar is far more expensive. His human is also way cooler than the bastard! Well, not like he is cool to begin with, and strong Beacrox makes even greater feast! Pathetic!)

They disliked the color red.

Until a man with hair as red as blood came, and lent them his smooth, unblemished hand.

They sometimes blame themselves. The smooth unblemished hand of their precious loved one, they, his own family, had put so many burnt marks and scars and bruises, on the same hand. It is not visible to naked eyes, but it is something only his family knew of. It is the burden of the consequences that came with taking them in his arms.

But Cale would not like that! He would say it is not their fault and that he was just doing it because they were irritating him!

...And of course he would say it was for his slacker life...

But underneath that uncaring and ignorant façade of his, they knew he was worried.

That is what made this person so precious to them.

The unluckily lucky bastard who coughs up blood, saying it was for his peaceful life.

It's true.

It was for his peaceful life.

A life where he can relax without any disturbance.

A peaceful life.

With them.

That was what Cale wanted.

"Raon... Choi Han... Be happy, and live your life with no regrets... The two of you are beings with emotions and lives. So live. Living is- Cough- T-the best... Isn't it?"

"HUMAN!!!/CALE-NIM!!!"

Those were Cale's last words as he breath his last breath.

They think it's cruel, how the world seemed like it didn't care that the person who saved them all just left this world as the thick snow melted and flowers bloomed, the colorful petals coloring the surfaces of this world.

But...

The more they thought about it, the more it made them smile.

As he faded away into nature...

His warm heart melted the cold snow that had almost every single being suffering.

Bringing warmth, joy, and new lives into the world.

The nature was not happy about his passing, they can confirm it with the world tree.

But just like his wish for them to live, his last breath has also brought life into the world.

(A parting gift to all before Cale rests peacefully. A warm gift, to the world, from a warm-hearted man)

"Han-harabeoji!!"

Raon casts an invisibility spell on himself as Choi Han turned his head to look at the children approaching him.

"We knew you'd be here! How come you like Young master silver shield more than us!?"

"Hong, be polite! Harabeoji-nim, come on! This is the first day of spring! Spend time with us!"

Choi Han chuckled and gave in to the children.

They exited the museum and walked in the roads of Rain city. Choi Han smiled. The busy market of the Henituse territory will never die down.

Choi Han waved and greeted the civillians as he listened to the chatters of the hyperactive children he's been taking care of.

(Just like Cale-nim, he wants to take care of these precious children too. Of course, he takes care of them with sincere intentions and truly love them, not just because he admires Cale-nim)

"Han-harabeoji, did you hear? The rich artisan couple had a son today! Ask Bea-hyung if you dont believe us!"

"Yeah! His name was... Cale? Just like young master silver shield. Since his hair and eye color was similar to his."

"Is that true, Bea-oppa?"

"Yes, my dad was given the duty of taking care of him."

"Woah! Tell us more, oppa!"

The children continued chatting away.

Unbeknownst to them, Choi Han and invisible Raon in his little form widened his eyes.

'Looks like Cale-nim/Human was reincarnated'

Choi Han and Raon secretly locked eyes with each other. Choi Han was hiding his grin as to not freak out the children, while Raon already had a big grin on his face and looks like he was about to tear up.

'But it's a pity, Choi Han. We're almost at the end of our life span'

Choi Han smiled bitterly at Raon's comment.

The Korean whispered under his breath to reply to the black dragon; "Well... We can always (threaten) ask the God of Death to let us protect him after we die."

Choi Han and Raon had Cale's iconic scammer smile on their face.

But they missed their Cale, so for now, they'll visit Sir Deruth and Madam Jour.

'I'm coming, Human!/Cale-nim!'

Extra:

•Choi Han and Raon almost cried when they carried newborn Cale in their arms (Well, Choi Han, since Raon needs to stay invisible)

•They manage to accompany Cale growing up into a child

•I make history repeats itself, Cale slamming the door on Choi Han's face and other moments. And Cale and/others involved felt déjà vu through all of it. And if the moment is related to the war (I mean happened because of something in the battles/enemy's traps), then something similar happened, i ain't gonna make another war happen

•Cale is always kind of weirded out by this old man (Choi Han) following him like a lost loyal puppy, but being the innocent kid he is, he brushed it off

•Choi Han revealed Raon when Cale is around 3 years old. I dont have any excuse, but maybe because he was too young to process everything, but i feel like the sooner the better so, i dont have any excuse

•Cale loves cuddling with Raon and vice versa, obviously

•Choi Han acts as Cale's not-official nanny

•The rich artisan couple, Deruth and Jour, welcomes Choi Han since he is an old friend and a close confidant of their business

•Violan, Basen, and Lily is their cousin now, yay :D
Violan is Deruth's sister-in-law, the brother (Deruth's NEW BROTHER) is either dead or alive, you choose

•Choi Han and Raon died when Cale was 8 years old✨
Right when Cale lost his motherrrrrr, Cale lost his mother at 8, right?

•Og!Cale, he's in Korea, he either still lives,or he reincarnated, in either Korea or the TCF world, you choose, i really dont know

•[Insert more headcanons or put your own in the comment]

Author's Note:

Yes, the children are reincarnations of the family, their ages varies, so if you want even Eruhaben to become a child, you do you. And yes, Cale's the ultimate hubae in this one. I'm the author.

They're OOC since they didn't experience the trauma they had in the past. And i'm really not good at making character acts according to their personality.

This was born out of;

So i was looking around pinterest and i saw this fanart (Its the cover) of Choi Han and Raon looking at Cale's painting, so i shared it with my unnie and was planning to write this short story to send to her and add extra dramatic effect, but ended up writing a 1000+ words fanfic. So this is purely self-indulgent.

I almost wrote Fivty instead of Fifty. Phew. Almost ruined my pride for, uh, i dont know if i have minimal mistake, but i still have pride in myself for it, sorry. Fortunately, i realized it looked odd and fixed it.

Talking about mistakes, i honestly haven't proof-read this, so correct me if i made a mistake.

I AM NOT GOOD AT SHARING SCREEN TIME, YOU KNOW IT ALREADY IF YOU FELT HOW AWKWARD OR STIFF IT WAS WHEN THE CHILDREN WERE TALKING.

Well, i hope you enjoy, goodbye, and have a nice day.

(18-08-2022)- I dont want this in my drafts any longer, so have at it.

Author's Comment:

[They sometimes blame themselves. The smooth unblemished hand of their precious loved one, they, his own family, had put so many burnt marks and scars and bruises, on the same hand. It is not visible to naked eyes, but it is something only his family knew of. It is the burden of the consequences that came with taking them in his arms.]

In case you still dont understand, i mean that, before he met his family and after he transmigrated, he didn't have any burden for the TCF world, but after he met his family, he needed to take care of things like Venion, and critics from the churches of the Sun God for taking Mary in. And the White Star and his minions too, since, if he didn't get involved with any of them, he only need to sit still and look pretty. But he became a commander instead.

Well, i'm bad at explaining, but hope you understand.

[As he faded away into nature...

His warm heart melted the cold snow that had almost every single being suffering.

Bringing warmth, joy, and new lives into the world.

The nature was not happy about his passing, they can confirm it with the world tree.

But just like his wish for them to live, his last breath has also brought life into the world.

(A parting gift to all before Cale rests peacefully. A warm gift, to the world, from a warm-hearted man)]

I guess it's a hero's sacrifice to save the world... I'm in dilemma whether to smile in awe or laugh because Cale doesnt like being called a Hero.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

914K 50K 111
One day Ron was interfilterating one of Arm's secret bases. They got news from the world tree that they must retrieve the treasure that was hidden in...
430K 12.9K 95
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
1.1M 19.3K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.3M 53.1K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...