I Miss You

By anoint201

This book tells the story of two university lovers who managed to still be in love with each other even after... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25

CHAPTER 10

0 1 0
By anoint201

He asked of the baby father, and I told him that we are not able to reach him currently.

He told us to give him 10 days to contact his doctor friends in different countries to know their inputs, and also for him to make research concerning it.

Before we cut the call I begged him to help me find out what is going on with Damian. I told him his company name, and home address.

He was shocked when I told him the company name; according to him the company is making huge wave as of recent. He said that they are preparing to launch an A1 software.

He believe that might be the reason why he isn't contacting us. I didn't know uncle will even know about the company, since they just got investors as of recent. It was a start up 2 months ago.

I thanked God Damian is really achieving his dreams. I just wished he will pick up my call.

I decided to make a research about Damian's company, then I saw a shocking news.

There was a news update concerning him and a woman; According to the write up, damian and the lady are engaged.

I called dad and showed him the news, he thinks it must be fake. He cursed that blogs should be banned as people are now deriving joy in posting fake news, and updates everywhere.

I thought so too, because the damian I know won't leave me to marry another lady.

"He loves me so much to even think such" I thought

"There is no way"

SHANGHAI: DAMIAN'S POV

Before I knew what was going on my company was established, and we were getting investors from right and center.

The share was 70/30; 70% was mine, and 30% went to the investors. As soon as they agreed I move back to London.

Clara's father and agreed that someone from his side will take the president's position, and I agreed.

Clara was sent to work with me as the president of the company. The surprising thing is that clara suddenly agreed to join the company.

I asked her why she made the decision, and she told me that her dad agreed to let her do whatever she so desires if she can work for one year in the company.

It was funny but It wasn't hard to believe; although I doubt her dad will keep his own part of the bargain.

I promised to go back home and marry my girl; if it works well the two of us will move to london together.

Out of excitement I called stella and announced the news to them; I bet she too was very happy.

A week after the call something strange happened, mr Bangkok called on video and asked how work was going, and I told him that everything was going okay.

We were supposed to launch the AI software on April 15th which was on a Wednesday, and on 17th march , on a Monday the software crashed

We confirmed the software and pronounced it ready to be launched on saturday; shockingly it malfunctioned on Monday.

I wasn't aware of the news, so it came as a news to me when mr Bangkok told me about it.

I rushed to where it was with clara and some engineer, and lo and alas he was correct.

What I didn't understand is how he got to find out about it, before I did.

Stella and my family were supposed to be here for the launching, but I lost confidence all of a sudden.

We postponed the launching date, and moved it to a month later.  I was devastated; and so I had to work non stop to findout what the problem. I stayed indoors working; I even forgot to eat.

Clara ordered my food, and they sent it over to my office each day.

We were able to correct the error after a month. What I didn't understand was virus entered into the software.

I brought up my phone and saw it was off; I charged it, went on whatsapp, and saw numerous calls and messages. I was about opening the messages when clara mistakenly crashed on me, and my phone fell and crashed.

I took it to the repair shop, and when I went to get it back they said they couldn't find it. It wasn't funny at all.

I searched my house for my diary; I wrote down important contacts there, but the page was torn out.

I was so devastated; I couldn't hear from my loved ones for months. I got a new phone, and loaded my google account there; I searched for any mail from home, then I saw bella's. I sent her an email informing her all that happened.

I asked for stella's number; I waited for months for her reply, but wasn't getting it.

I wanted to brush the news away, but then I had a dream of where I saw Damian getting married to some foreign lady.

I was so scared, to think that my daughter is sick and needs urgent medical attention, and the love of my life isn't available to know what is going on.

STELLA'S POV

Days passed, weeks, then months, and still no reply from Damian.

Uncle on the other hand told us to come to NYC teaching center; he said that there is someone he will love to introduce us to there.

He claims that the reader her has been researching on the sickness for years now, and might have a cure.

It sounded like the might want to use my baby for research, but uncle convinced me otherwise. He said that first my daughter has to see a professional to correctly diagnose her sickness, and find out what treatment method is suitable for her.

He further explains that there are two types of prosopagnosia; one being developmental, and the other being acquired.

The condition can be embarrassing and lead to social isolation: Severe prosopagnosics may mistake complete strangers for acquaintances even as they fail to recognize family members, close friends, spouses, and even themselves.

Many report difficulty watching television shows and movies because they cannot keep track of characters.

Face-blind individuals he says often compensate for their prosopagnosia using nonfacial traits, such as hair, gait, clothing, voice, and context.

There are two broad categories of prosopagnosia.

Most documented cases have been of acquired prosopagnosia, due to brain damage suffered after maturity from head trauma, stroke, and degenerative diseases.

The other type is called developmental prosopagnosia. These individuals can have similar symptoms but with no evidence of brain damage. It is this group that may be the most common.

He enquires if Amarachi at anytime had a serious brain injury, and we told him no.

Then he asked if anyone in his father's lineage at one time suffered from prosopagnosia. I never at anytime discussed that with Damian, so I couldn't possibly know about it.

He told me to go and tell Damian's family about the issue since they are aware of our relationship and the baby.

Since I gave birth to Amarachi I haven't been to Damian's family house. In fact they got to meet Amarachi on whatsapp video call. It  felt weird me taking the kid to them for the first time because she is sick.

The lot wasn't on my side but I needed to do the right thing. I needed answers to my question; asking is the only way I can find the solution to my current problem.

I called bella; she didn't answer my call the first two times that I called.the third she picked it and told me that she is currently in lagos. I needed direction to their village.

I asked her if she has been hearing from her brother, she laughed hard, and then told me that she is supposed to be asking me that question.

There family too haven't been hearing from him. I was so worried, and wondered what might be going on with him that is making him to ghost everyone.

"I just hope the news isn't true, cos it won't be funny at all".

She sent me the address, and I prepared to leave the next day. I wanted mom to follow me, but she said that it wasn't proper for her to go to there's when they haven't even done anything on my head.

I felt so ashamed, and lonely. The cross is so heavy, but I thank God that my parents aren't leaving me to carry it alone.

The next day I travelled to umunachi mbaise; that is Damian's village. We got there very late; mama damian was so happy to see us. They had always been in support of my relationship with their son from the onset.

She called Damian's younger brother to come and carry my bag inside. They were so surprised that I decided to visit. It has been long since the woman has been beginning me to bring Amarachi for them to see.

We couldn't talk that night as I was so tired and stressed out. The next day I woke up quite early, and helped out with the house work.

Ebuka was sent to buy tea and bread for breakfast which he bought. After eating, papa Damian, mr clifford summoned me to the parlor to know what brought me here.

"Awo anaghi aba oso ehihe n'efu", he said.

He believes that something brought me here, and he is correct.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.3K 3.7K 63
"This was a bad idea," Benny paced back and forth in the room. "It's not that bad," Will assured him. "Yes, it is!" the man was this close to pullin...
135K 10.5K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
91.9K 3.1K 42
"I trusted you Xavier. You said you'll never leave. You said you loved me. Like a fool I am I believed you" she said in a broken defeated voice. "Wel...