๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐–๐Ž๐‘...

็”ฑ prxttybuttxrfly

๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ž๐™˜๐™... the youngest princess of king triton leaves her kingdom in order to... ๆ›ดๅคš

๐๐€๐‘๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐˜๐Ž๐”๐‘ ๐–๐Ž๐‘๐‹๐ƒ: h2o - just add water
๐€๐‹๐„๐—๐€ ๐‘๐Ž๐Ž๐๐„๐˜
แด„สœแด€ส€แด€แด„แด›แด‡ส€ แด€แด‡๊œฑแด›สœแด‡แด›ษชแด„๊œฑ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ป๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฒ
๐˜ผ๐˜พ๐™ 1
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ... ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฝ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜€
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ... ๐—ฝ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—น ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ... ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜† ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—น๐˜€
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ... ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ต๐˜†
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น... ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ด ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—น๐—น
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ฟ
๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ... ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐˜€๐˜„๐—ถ๐—บ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฒ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฝ๐˜„๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฒ!
๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ... ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐—ด ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—น๐—น

๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ... ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜†

774 24 0
็”ฑ prxttybuttxrfly

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water

👑

IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE LEWIS FOUND OUT THAT THE FOUR GIRLS WERE MERMAIDS. neither of the girls expected anyone else to find out about their secret. what kept alexa calm was that only lewis knew. from the time that alexa had known lewis, she had learnt that he was an incredibly smart, loyal and reliable individual who would do anything for those he cared about.

in those few days, rikki and emma had been going swimming in their mermaid forms as they had embraced their unique power. everyday, the two girls would go out to sea every morning for a swim in their mermaid form.

this time, alexa had decided to join them. she had been away from australia to visit her family back in her kingdom of atlantica for a few days to assure her father that she was still alive and doing well in her new life. 

after rikki, emma and alexa had their swim in the ocean in their mermaid forms, they made their way to a secluded part of the island where there were huge rocks which allowed the two blondes to perch themselves on. emma unclasped the 'a' rose gold locket from her neck and passed it to the brunette who clasped the necklace onto her neck which allowed her to gain her human legs. rikki used her power to warm up the mermaid tails so that the two blondes return back into their human form. 

the three made their way to the juicenet cafe to get themselves a drink after the long swim they had in their mermaid forms. whilst emma texted lewis to meet them at the cafe, alexa took her phone out of her pocket and texted cleo.

ALEXA

hey cleo. emma, rikki and i are all at the cafe. lewis is joining us shortly. if you're not busy, come meet us.

CLEO

hi alexa. i'll be there.

the three girls arrived at the cafe and decided to sit outside as they waited patiently for the cleo and lewis to arrive. the drinks that they had ordered had arrived and they were just waiting for the two to arrive.

emma noticed the mccartney walking up to their table. she began, "you won't believe it. rikki and i have timed ourselves, and guess how long we can hold our breath for?"

lewis pondered for a moment, "um—"

emma finished, "fifteen minutes." she and rikki shared a high-five.

"that's impressive." lewis said as he complimented the two blondes.

alexa chimed in, "emma and rikki are getting better and better at it."

"rikki and i could probably stay down for longer if we really tried." emma said as she thought back to the times when she swam in the ocean in her mermaid form.

rikki's ears perked up at the idea that a competition may possibly happen, "you're on."

emma challengingly questioned the chadwick, "you think you can beat me?"

"i know i can, bring it on." rikki stated firmly to the gilbert.

alexa lightly chuckled at the two blondes bickering between one another, "it's so adorable that you girls are bickering about who can beat the other at who can hold their breath the longest. i hate to brag but since i was born a mermaid, i can already breathe underwater so i would easily win the challenge."

lewis clapped his hands, "and the 'queen' has spoken." 

rikki playfully mocked, "and the 'royal highness' has just dropped her crown."

emma playfully rolled her eyes, "yeah, you win. but i'm second best." she bragged with a cheeky grin which earned an eyeroll from rikki.

"you guys must be jumping out of your skin about this stuff. as for you alexa, this just seems like your normal daily routine." lewis stated, referring to their mermaid situation.

"yeah, well— two of us are." emma replied as she thought about cleo who refused to accept her mermaid side, "and alexa was born a mermaid. she helps us with our transformations and has been with us from the start of it all." she added which earned a warm smile from the rooney.

lewis noticed the sertori making her way to sit with the four friends. he began, "hey cleo," he greeted, "guess what? rikki and emma can hold their breath for fifteen minutes." he informed the sertori loudly as he slapped his hand on the table to emphasis his point.

"lewis!" rikki, emma and alexa simultaneously exclaimed to the mccartney.

"sorry." lewis apologised.

"what's going on?" cleo questioned as she crossed her arms on the table.

with her arms crossed on the table, emma revealed quietly, "we've been, you know, 'swimming'. alexa just joined us on our swim today after arriving back from visiting her family."

"it's the best thing. the reef is out of this world." rikki added with a smile.

"a mini insight of my other life." alexa remarked before she lifted up her glass of mango juice to her mouth to take a sip.

cleo stated blankly, "that's great." she paused for a moment before she changed the topic, "so has anyone been able to finish that calculus homework?"

it was clear that cleo hadn't adjusted or accepted that she was now a mermaid. alexa didn't blame her, neither her nor emma and rikki asked for this to happen to them. she only hoped that cleo would eventually learn to embrace the mermaid side of her. 

lewis and alexa nodded their heads as a 'yes' to cleo's question. "question seven's a nightmare." cleo continued.

emma cut the sertori off. she said, "we missed you this morning, cleo." she narrowed her eyes at the brunette, "why weren't you answering your phone, cleo?" she asked.

cleo chose to ignore emma and continued to ensure that the topic was solely focused on school work, "and that project on geography, that's due thursday. we really need to get together on that one."

alexa placed her right hand on cleo's left shoulder and gave it an reassuring squeeze, "cleo, i understand that this whole situation is something that you've had trouble wrapping your head around. but.. you can't just ignore this situation since it's also happened to emma and rikki." she gestured with her left hand to the two blondes.

rikki added, "listen cleo, whatever happened to the three of us." she gestured to herself, emma and cleo, "it's incredible. you've got to come out with us. the water is amazing." she said as she attempted to persuade the sertori to join the three girls in the water.

cleo stated firmly, "i'm not doing it, ok? i didn't ask for any of this to happen to us. so stop bugging me about it, ok?" she took one last look at her four friends before she left the group.

👑

AFTER CLEO LEFT THE GROUP, THE FOUR FRIENDS DECIDED IT WAS TIME TO GET THEIR STUFF BEFORE THEY MADE THEIR WAY TO SCHOOL. alexa had her tote bag which had a hand-painted seashell on the front that was perched on her right shoulder as she placed her books in her locker. since her last lesson of the day was chemistry with rikki and emma, she was placing her books in her tote bag so that she could take them home to complete the homework that was set.

alexa was making her way to the chemistry classroom when she was stopped by her art teacher, miss turner with an unfamiliar guy who had brown hair and blue eyes with a black backpack on his right shoulder.

miss turner greeted the brunette, "alexa. my star student. i hope you're still continuing on some of those paintings of yours."

you heard right. alexa was a painter. she found painting as a way of expressing her emotions onto paper. behind a painting, there was a story awaiting to be told that would gain the attention of the world. it can express feelings of happiness or sadness and can radiate joy just by looking at all the small details of a painting. there was no right or wrong with a painting. your painting was your art, it was merely in your control.

when alexa would be faced with challenging moments in her life (whether it was her royal duties or just life in general), she would turn to painting as a way of letting her emotions out in a healthy way. being the youngest in the royal family may have been a gift but alexa saw it as a curse. this was because she didn't want to burden her sisters or father with her issues so she faced everything going on in her life alone.

alexa smiled, "hello, miss turner. i have a few paintings that are being dried right now but you'll get them tomorrow."

miss turner clapped her hands enthusiastically, "wonderful." she said, "alexa, this is niall." she gestured to the brown-haired boy that was stood beside her, "he's new. since i have a lesson to teach and the principal is currently at a meeting, as my star student, could you show him around?"

alexa began, "i actually have a class—"

she was cut off by her art teacher, "so i am aware. you're my star student so i thought you would be the best student to show niall around. i already informed your teacher and she said that your friends can simply lend you the notes and inform you of what you missed. i'll let you two go now. i can't wait to see your work, alexa." she said before she walked off.

alexa turned to face niall who had his hands tucked in his jeans pockets, "well, i suppose i'm showing you around now, niall. lets go." she walked off with the new boy following the brunette shortly behind.

"what's the rush, speedy?" niall questioned from behind alexa.

alexa stopped in her steps which caused niall to stop. she turned to face him, "my name is alexa. not 'speedy'. i'm pretty sure miss turner had just said that a few moments ago, seems like you have bad hearing." if rikki was here with alexa, she'd be proud of the brunette for the remark she had just said. her words may have not been appropriate for a princess but right here in the school, she was a student just like everyone else.

niall lightly chuckled, "alright, speedy." which earned a blink of disbelief from the brunette, "what's got your necklace in a twist?" 

alexa placed her hand on her locket which was clasped around her neck before she began to walk at a faster pace, "if we're being technical, this is a locket and it is perfectly intact, thank you very much, 'new guy'."

niall threw his head back in as he laughed as he followed behind the rooney, "wow, 'new guy', that's such an original nickname, speedy. i'd expect more since you're an artist that you have a creative mind and thus that you'd be creative in your nicknames."

alexa turned around to face niall, "i am an artist and you know that from miss turner but that doesn't mean that you know everything about me. don't perceive me and think you know me. because you don't."

"you're right, i don't know you. but it's so good to push your buttons." niall commented with a smile which earned an eye roll from the rooney.

"let's just get this tour over and done with." alexa stated blankly at the new guy who hummed in agreement with a cheeky smile on his face.

👑

AFTER ALEXA HAD FINISHED SHOWING THE 'NEW GUY' AROUND THE SCHOOL, SHE WALKED HIM TO THE OFFICE SO HE COULD GET HIS TIMETABLE. once he got his timetable, he waved it around in alexa's face as an attempt to wind her up. she grabbed the piece of paper in frustration and read through the classes that niall had.

"it looks like you're in a few of my classes, new guy." alexa stated as she passed the timetable back to niall.

niall laughed, "still calling me 'new guy'? it's like i'm branded for life. my name is niall which, if i recall, miss turner told you earlier."

alexa rolled her eyes, "i'll continue calling you 'new guy' until you stop calling me 'speedy'."

"in my defence, you were rushing, speedy." niall defended himself.

"well there's this universal concept that happens to people all over the world, and it's called going to class at a designated time." alexa shot back.

"looks like speedy is an academic student too. another tick off the list." niall commented as he drew a tick in the air with his finger.

"and i'm leaving." alexa said before she walked out of the reception.

alexa heard niall shout from behind, "i'll see you around, speedy." which earned a scowl from the brunette.

alexa made her way to her chemistry class, the class that she was supposed to go to but instead, she was forced to show the 'new guy' around. she saw emma, rikki and lewis outside the classroom so she sped up her pace to catch up to them.

emma took out her notebook and held it out to the brunette, "here are the notes from today's chemistry lesson."

alexa smiled gratefully, "thank you so much, em. i'll give you your notebook back as soon as i've caught up on the work i've missed." she took the notebook from her grasp and placed it inside her tote bag.

lewis furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "wait. you have chemistry with emma and rikki. why weren't you in lesson?"

alexa explained, "miss turner had a class to teach and since the principal was in a meeting, i had to show a new guy around."

emma questioned curiously, "a new guy? who is he?"

"he's called niall. he's got brown hair and blue eyes and he's incredibly annoying." alexa answered.

rikki's ears perked up, "sounds to me that lex likes him." she smirked which earned a laugh from emma and lewis.

alexa groaned in annoyance, "no, i don't like him. besides, i hardly know him and did i mention that he's incredibly annoying. because he is."

before anyone else could say anything else, alexa noticed cleo stood on the stairs as she stared at the group.

"i'm pretty sure she doesn't want to talk about it." lewis said, referring to the mermaid situation.

emma concluded, "just forget it, lewis. we can deal with this. it's a girl's thing."

alexa added, "she'll adjust... eventually."

emma patted lewis on the back before the three girls walked up the flight of stairs to meet cleo.

once the the three friends met up with cleo, emma began, "cleo, about this whole mermaid business."

cleo replied in exasperation, "there are more important things in life than seeing how long you can hold your breath for and frolicking around with the dolphins."

rikki rephrased the sertori's words, "i don't frolic. i glide."

"whatever. it's not important. i don't want to talk about it." cleo stated as she avoided eye-contact with the three girls.

alexa pointed out softly, "you do know that you can't just ignore this forever, right? avoiding the situation doesn't solve anything."

emma nodded her head in agreement with the rooney's words. she questioned, "how can you say that? this is the most amazing thing that's ever happened to us. probably the most amazing thing that's every happened to anybody."

repeating the same strategy again back at the cafe, cleo changed the subject, "well, what about the turtles?"

"turtles?" emma asked as the three girls shared looks of confusion to each other at the change of topic.

"apparently, a sea turtle got caught in a fishing net this morning. that's important." cleo said harshly which caused alexa to furrow her eyebrows.

rikki chuckled in disbelief, "i don't believe this. you're such a hypocrite."

"why?" cleo inquired with a look of confusion on her face.

"cleo, your dad is a fisherman. his nets are the ones trapping the turtles." rikki told the sertori.

cleo shook her dead in denial, "that's not true. my dad would never do that."

"really?" rikki challengingly questioned the sertori who glared at the chadwick before she walked away from the three girls.

👑

THE NEXT DAY, ALEXA, RIKKI AND EMMA WERE BACK IN THE OCEAN SWIMMING SINCE IT HAS BECOME THEIR DAILY ROUTINE. the three girls decided on racing one another to see who could swim the fastest. they zoomed around the ocean as fast as they could with beaming smiles on their faces. soon enough, they came to a stop when alexa nudged emma and rikki with her elbow and pointed at the fishing net which had a sea turtle inside which caused the trio to share a look of alarm.

rikki swam up to the turtle inside the net with alexa and emma following shortly behind. the three girls attempted to break the turtle free from the fishing net but nothing was working which earned a sigh from alexa.

after attempting to free the turtle, the three girls circled together and concocted a new plan. emma nudged rikki and pointed at the boat and mimicked a knife with her hands. then, she pointed at alexa and herself then to the ocean which caused all of the girls to nod in agreement before they split up to carry out the plan.

whilst rikki went to get the knife, alexa and emma would be on the lookout and ensure that the sea creatures stayed far away from the nets. eventually, rikki returned with the knife in her grasp and used it to cut through the fishing net which allowed the turtle to escape.

the three girls exchanged a smile as they watched the turtle swim freely into the depths of the ocean before they swam away to shore.

👑

AFTER THE MINI INCIDENT THAT OCCURRED IN THE OCEAN WITH THE SEA TURTLE, THE THREE GIRLS DECIDED TO GET A DRINK AT THE CAFE TO REFRESH THEMSELVES FROM THEIR SWIM. they were sat on a circle table with their drinks on the table as they stared at the tv which had the news playing in the background.

the news reporter announced, "local fishermen today have been confronted with a possible menace from the deep. commercial fishermen have reported incidents that may involve a rogue shark. they were lucky to escape injury..."

cleo entered the cafe and noticed the girls sat on the table as their eyes were fixated on the tv screen. she made her way over to the trio and sat down in an empty seat beside emma, "hi guys. what's going on?" 

before any of the girls could answer the brunette, bryon chimed in, "hey cleo. your dad's on tv." he pointed to the tv.

the group all turned their heads to pay attention to what don sertori had to say about the situation,"i've fished these waters for a long time and there's only one thing that causes damage like that. a huge rogue shark."

"poor dad." cleo said sadly.

emma, rikki and alexa shared a knowing look as they'd have to tell cleo the truth of what really happened. she had the right to know.

rikki revealed gently, "sorry to have to tell you this, cleo, but your dad didn't catch a shark, it was a turtle. we cut the net to set it free."

cleo shook her head in denial, "no way. my dad wouldn't catch turtles."

after emma shared a look with alexa and rikki, she turned to face cleo. she chimed in, "it's true, cleo."

alexa added sympathetically, "we're so sorry, cleo." she reached her hand out to squeeze cleo's as a form of comfort.

cleo looked down with a hurt look on her face at the news revealed to her which caused tears to pool up in her eyes.

👑

CLEO LEFT THE CAFE TO CONFRONT HER DAD ABOUT THE NEWS THAT THE THREE GIRLS HAD REVEALED TO HER. whilst she did that, alexa, rikki and emma decided on taking a walk on the beach until cleo was done talking to her dad about the shark/turtle situation.

once cleo was done talking to her dad, she met up with the three girls on the beach and they made their way to the cafe whilst cleo was filling the three girls in on her conversation with her dad.

"he denied everything. it's really awful." cleo told the three girls as they made their way inside the cafe to an empty booth. alexa and cleo sat on one side whilst emma and rikki sat on the other. cleo rested her head on her right hand and continued, "i mean, what could i say? 'i know you're lying, dad, because my mermaid friends saw you fishing close to the nesting beach.'"

rikki revealed, "he was using illegal nets too."

emma added, "it's true and they didn't have those grid things in them."

alexa stated gently with a soft smile, "i know this isn't what you want to hear and we're so sorry but you needed to know." which earned a weak smile from the sertori.

"this just gets worse and worse. my dad." cleo said sadly as she was still in disbelief with the whole situation.

rikki pondered for a moment before she admitted to the sertori, "well, to be honest, we didn't actually see your dad."

"but it was his boat, right?" cleo inquired curiously which earned a reluctant nod from the three girls. cleo leaned back on the seat and placed her head on alexa's right shoulder who placed her head on top of hers as they used physical touch to comfort one another.

soon enough, the four girls concocted a plan. whilst rikki and emma checked out the docks to see the severity of the shark/turtle situation and to conclude if their mermaid secret was at risk of being discovered, alexa would stay with cleo at the cafe for moral support. after everything that the sertori had found out, it was inevitable for her to experience a range of emotions.

cleo needed a change of scenery so she decided to step outside of the cafe for a bit of air whilst alexa was waiting for the drinks that she had ordered for herself and cleo.

alexa stood by the counter as she waited patiently for the drinks to be done when she heard an obnoxious voice from beside her, "looks like we meet again, speedy." 

alexa pursued her lips in annoyance before she turned to face niall who had a cheeky grin on his face, "hello to you too, new guy."

niall playfully placed his hand on his heart, "oh, you do remember me. i must have really made an impression on you, speedy."

alexa rolled her eyes in frustration, "what are you doing here, new guy?" she asked calmly.

"well since i'm here around here in australia, i might as well explore the place and see what i can do in my free time." niall answered, "is it not in my rights to do so?" he questioned with an innocent look on his face.

alexa clenched her jaw in frustration, "you do whatever you want. i couldn't care less, new guy."

niall laughed, "alright, whatever you say speedy. like i said before, i love pushing your buttons so expect to see me around from now on."

alexa faked a smile, "lovely."

wilfred held two drinks in his hands and placed them in front of alexa with a smile, "here you go, alexa. enjoy your day."

alexa smiled gratefully at the man, "thanks for the drinks, wilfred. i hope you have a great day." she picked up the two drinks. before she left, she turned to face niall, "welcome to australia, new guy." she said before she walked off with the drinks in her hands.

she noticed cleo and lewis talking to one another with their backs towards the rooney, "ok. i'm scared of it. is that what you wanted to hear?" cleo questioned the mccartney.

lewis replied in a matter-of-fact tone, "cleo, everybody's scared of something."

"it's true." alexa said as she announced her presence which caused the two to jump in surprise.

lewis placed his hand to his chest as he caught his breath, "don't do that, alexa."

"sorry." alexa sent a sheepish smile to the mccartney. she handed cleo's drink to the sertori, "everyone has a fear, cleo. you just can't let the fear control you." she stated gently.

lewis attempted to uplift cleo's mood, "but you, you're amazing. you can do anything." he complimented.

"just because i've got these powers doesn't mean i'm amazing." cleo said before she turned to face the rooney, "thanks for the drink, lex." she said before she walked away from her two friends.

alexa sighed in defeat and took a sip of her mango juice.

"i didn't mean the powers." lewis muttered.

"she'll come around, lewis." alexa assured the boy. she paused for a moment before she teased, "and by the way, you and cleo would make an amazing couple."

lewis smiled, "oh shut it, alexa." he laughed and shook his head.

👑

ALEXA HAD TO BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL BEING IN THE WATER. since the public was convinced by the news that a shark bit through a net, she had to stay on alert to ensure that no sea creatures got themselves trapped in the net. her main priority was the sea creatures and she worried less for herself. 

she noticed a mermaid figure in the distance which caused her to squint her eyes before she decided to swim up to them. what caught alexa by surprise was that it was cleo in her mermaid form. 

alexa gasped in surprise, "cleo!" she placed her hands to her mouth in shock, "you actually did it. i'm so proud of you, you look amazing in your mermaid form."

cleo smiled brightly at the sight of the brunette before she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and gestured to her throat.

"oh. i was born a mermaid, remember? i can talk underwater." alexa explained like it was obvious.

cleo made an 'o' face before she grabbed the rooney's arm and attempted to swim away.

alexa pulled her arm out of the sertori's grip, "cleo? what are you doing?" she questioned.

cleo answered by pointing at a boat that was ahead of the two brunettes. 

alexa attempted to lighten up the mood, "yeah, i wish you could speak underwater. this is difficult." she thought for a moment as she connected the dots in her head, "the boat.. is it your dad's boat?" which earned a vigorous nod from the sertori, "you want to follow your dad's boat." which earned another nod from cleo, "then let's follow that boat." she stated with determination.

the two girls swam as fast as they could to catch up to the boat. from the corner of alexa's eyes, she noticed a sea turtle and two fishes nearby. cleo nudged the brunette with her elbow which caused alexa to turn to look at her with furrowed eyebrows. she pointed to the right where a fishing net that was used to catch the sea turtle. 

the two girls swam upwards as fast as they could to get to the sea turtle and the two fishes but before they could reach them, their tails got caught in the fishing net which caused the two girls to thrash around in the net as an attempt to escape. they continued to squirm in the hold of the fishing net to the point that cleo was motionless in the net.

"cleo!" alexa called out worriedly to the brunette who remained unconscious. she could feel the net being pulled upwards towards the surface which caused alexa to mutter to herself, "no, no, no. this can't be happening."

a sigh of relief escaped from alexa's lips when she noticed emma and rikki had arrived just in time to save the two girls. 

"guys!" alexa called out in relief, " i've tried to wake her up but she hasn't learnt to breath underwater." she informed the two urgently.

alexa's words caused emma and rikki's eyes to widen in alarm. emma gestured to her throat with furrowed eyebrows in confusion.

"i was born a mermaid, i can talk underwater." alexa stated like it was obvious, "there's no time to waste. we need to get cleo up to the surface. she hasn't learned to breath for a long amount of time underwater."

emma and rikki attempted to shake cleo awake but she doesn't respond. emma swam up to the surface and froze the gear that was being used to pull the net up. once the net had stopped moving, rikki helped cleo out of the fishing net whilst emma helped alexa untangle the fishing net from her mermaid tail. 

the three girls swam up to the water's surface with an unconscious cleo in their hold. once they made it to the surface, cleo let out a gasp.

"are you guys ok?" emma asked worriedly as she switched her gaze between cleo and alexa.

"yeah." cleo answered breathlessly.

"yeah. we're alright now and its because of you two. thank you guys so much." alexa smiled gratefully at the two blondes.

cleo caught her breath before she said, "i panicked." she added, "i didn't know you could hold your breath for so long, but then i remembered what you guys said, and you know what? i lost count at sixteen and a half minutes."

"that's amazing, cleo." alexa praised the brunette and embraced her in a short hug.

"later, guys." rikki said as she noticed the boat in the distance which caused all four girls to take one final breath before they went back underwater to swim back to the gold coast. it felt complete now that cleo was swimming beside them. 

👑

CLEO

meet me at my house. i've got something to show you alongside emma, rikki and lewis.

THAT WAS THE FIRST MESSAGE THAT ALEXA GOT THE NEXT DAY. she shrugged to herself before she walked to the sertori household where emma and rikki was waiting. together, the four girls made their way to the beach where alexa saw lewis knelt on the sand with his eyes fixated on turtle eggs in front of him.

"guys, look. turtle eggs." lewis stated as he gestured to the turtle eggs on the sand.

"wow." alexa breathed out in awe as she knelt on the sand to take a closer look.

cleo gushed, "little turtles are so cute. i hope they all make it."

emma offered her hand up to the brunette and she helped alexa off the sand. she dusted the sand off her clothes before she smiled gratefully at the gilbert.

lewis stood up, "so you wanna show me something?" he questioned cleo.

"yes, i do. ready?" she questioned as she looked at the three girls which caused the three to smile happily.

before the girls could run into the ocean, alexa took off her sandals before she walked into the ocean. she turned around to face the three girls who stood by the sand. she slowly removed her locket before she threw it to emma who caught it in her hand. she let out a chuckle before she placed the locket around her neck.

alexa challengingly rose a brow at the three girls, "let's see who can swim the fastest." she said before she dove into the water and swam away as fast as she could.

soon enough, the three girls managed to catch up to the brunette. this time instead of it just being alexa, rikki and emma swimming, cleo had joined. alexa felt complete as she began to engrave this moment in her mind to ensure that she would never forget this day.

👑

AUTHOR'S NOTE: so we have met two new characters. niall henderson will be played by barrett carnahan and miss turner (the art teacher) will be played by aisha kabia. 

this episode, we've seen a different side of alexa. with the girls and lewis, alexa is the mother of the group and the individual who gives advice. in a way, niall has challenged alexa. he appeared when she was about to go to class and since alexa has always had a fascination for the human world, she's willing to learn anything. plus, she doesn't have much experience with boys back in her home kingdom being the youngest out of her family and a princess no less. the way niall presents himself has alexa baffled. alexa is more than a girl who's reasonable and protective. as a princess, she had been sheltered and niall had simply caught her by surprise. i can't wait to delve deep into alexa's character.

that was a huge rant. anyway, i hoped you all enjoyed this chapter :)

็นผ็บŒ้–ฑ่ฎ€

You'll Also Like

The Bad Boy and The Tomboy ็”ฑ nicole nwosu

้’ๅฐ‘ๅนดๅฐ่ชช

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...