That Voice Actor's Voice

By polaris_epsilon

Embark on a rollercoaster ride of workplace drama, hidden secrets, and unexpected friendships in "Ordinary Ec... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99

Chapter 74

0 0 0
By polaris_epsilon

I went up to my room and changed my clothes.

After changing my clothes, I grabbed my cellphone to see any messages.

To my surprise, I saw 7 missed calls and 4 messages from Charles.

I began to feel nervous!

His messages consists of apologies for not answering my call and messages.

I immediately called him and I also apologized to him for not answering his calls and messages and told him the reason why my phone was in silent mode the whole time.

After apologizing to each other, Charles told me what happened last night with his dinner with Zilly.

They both got drunk last night.

"Good thing you were able to drive home safely." I said.

"... I called my family driver to drive me home."

Oh, that's pretty convenient. Good thing they have a family driver.

He changed the topic about me and asked what did I do today in Maya's university.

In my head, my kiss with Conrad appeared.

"I-it was g-great! I enjoyed t-the attractions!" I nervously said.

"Glad to know you enjoyed it." He said.

We talked about making up our missed get together next weekend.

We both agreed and we will meet on his house to spend time together.

.
.
.
.
.
.

I.DID.NOT.REGRET.THAT.

I kissed her because I felt happy that she felt uncomfortable seeing me being kissed by another girl and being surrounded by female fans.

Does that mean she...!

"Yuck, stop grinning!" Maya looked disgusted at me.

Both of us are at the dining table facing at each other. Maya is currently using her laptop.

I fixed my composure and happily told her that Athena is beginning to see more out of me than just being a friend.

Maya looked excited and asked me what happened earlier when she left the two of us behind.

"Why should I tell you everything?"

"What? You kissed her or something?" She bluntly said.

I blushed and pretended I did not hear her. Instead, I stood up and planned to go to my room.

While I was walking towards my room, she suddenly got noisy.

"What?! Am I right?! You did that to her?" She shouted.

I stopped and just shrugged and went on to my room.

"No way!" Maya said this when I entered to my room.

I hope I am really reaching to her now.

.
.
.
.
.
.

I'm at the recording studio waiting for my turn for my part on the anime movie I am voicing for.

I have like an hour and a half to spare.

I went to the coffee shop across GT building to grab some hot coffee. Maybe I'll drink my coffee there.

As I went up to the counter to order my drink, a familiar back profile of a guy waiting in line to have his order just tingled in my mind.

I went near the guy and looked at his side profile. I am surprised to see Naoya's fishing buddy named Dylan.

During the time when Naoya took me to fishing, I became acquainted with Dylan and his brother Jayden.

Dylan turned his head towards me and he looked surprised.

"Oh hey, it's been a while!" Dylan offered his hand for us to shake hands.

"Yeah, it's been a while. Do you have something near around the area?" I asked."

"Yeah. I just clocked out from hospital duty. I just want to sip some coffee before I go home. How about you? You've got something around the area too?"

There is a hospital that you can walk for approximately three minutes from here. He is apparently working at that hospital.

"Oh wait. You work for the company just across this coffee shop, right?" He added.

"Yes, that's correct."

We agreed that we could have some little chat. As we have ordered our coffee, we settled ourselves to our seats and we are facing each other.

Dylan told me that Naoya doesn't fish much lately with him so he feels a little bit lonely.

"Er... Yeah. It's because he is practically busy right now in managing my schedules and he is now quite busy on the weekends."

"Is that so?"

We talked about when will we have a fishing session again together. He said that I can could contact him anytime if I'm free.

"I saw you on an another TV commercial. You're pretty good at acting too, aren't you?" He said.

I humbly said I am not and told him that I acted like the director of the commercial wanted from me.

"Such a humble guy! Then, you're popular with the ladies now!"

I got flustered.

"My hard work is kind of getting recognized little by little." I said.

"Speaking of ladies, you still like the colleague of yours? The one that jerk Charles likes."

Without thinking, I enthusiastically told him I still like her.

"... Is she and the jerk now together?" He asked.

I bitterly said they are now together.

"What will you do now? Why do you still like her since they are now together?" He asked.

I suddenly remembered my kiss with Athena from a few days back.

"Why you are grinning?" He looked at me with suspicious eyes.

Maybe it's alright to tell a tiny detail to him. I'm still in cloud nine from Athena's words that she was uncomfortable seeing me being kissed by another girl.

"She's beginning to notice me."

"So... Are you both getting closer more than ever?" He asked.

"Ugh... Probably?" I hesitantly said.

He took a sip on his coffee and looked at me as if I said something wrong.

"You're not planning to break them off, are you?"

I was taken aback and frantically said that I don't plan to break them off.

"I'm not that kind of person you think of. I'm just a close friend." I said.

"Then what made you say that she's beginning to notice you? Did you even confess to her?" He said.

Of course I won't tell him I confessed to her.

"I can feel that she's a little bit conscious of me?" I said.

He chuckled and said that I seem to have full confidence of assuming that she is beginning to be conscious of me.

"But if that's the case then, Charlie might beat you up if he knows you're getting more closer to his girlfriend." He said.

"He is aware that Athena and I close. It's not an issue anymo-... Charlie?"

I wondered why he called him Charlie.

"O-oh that? I have a f-friend that has the same as that jerk Charles where I call him Charlie by habit."

That's why he said Charlie.

"Anyways, just don't do something that would break them up, okay?"

"Right..."

He stood up from his chair and said he better be going as he has something to do at home.

"Call me if you're free for fishing." He smiled and went out of the store.

I'm not trying to break them up... though I am hoping that Athena has even the slightest change of heart towards me. Patience... patience... patience...

.
.
.
.
.

I hurriedly went to my car at the parking lot of the hospital.

As I entered my car, I immediately called Charlie.

As he picked up his phone I immediately told him what my conversation with Conrad, regarding the closeness between Conrad and Athena.

He paused for a few seconds and asked why did I talk to him.

"We coincidentally saw each other at a coffee shop near the hospital to have a cup of coffee."

Charlie told me that he was fine letting Athena hanging around with Conrad.

I really thought that he might get mad hearing Athena is now acting different towards Conrad.

"I haven't told you this before but we were close from breaking up because of that guy but now it's cool."

I was surprised. I never heard of this!

"But don't be so lenient with her too much. What if Conrad really says the truth that she is beginning to see her as a man and not as a friend anymore." I said.

He just said that I don't have to worry too much and should mind my own business.

"That guy is just assuming things. She clearly see him only as a friend, from what I see and hear." He said.

I heard some loud music coming from his background. I asked him where he is right now and he told me he is out from his office doing some fieldwork.

"Okay. Sorry for disturbing your work."

Our call ended.

Charlie will probably do something after hearing me out.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Conrad's kiss... My golly!

It's been three days and I kept on thinking about it.

My head is spinning!

I suddenly bumped to someone and the files that I was holding suddenly fell on the floor.

I looked at the person who I bumped with and it was Zilly.

I apologized at her but she suddenly glared at me.

I was about to pick up the files I dropped but she insisted that she will pick it up instead.

She picked it all and gave it to me.

"Watch where you're going, okay? Be careful." She suddenly went from glaring to smiling.

"T-thanks."

"Oh yeah, congrats on being with him." She reluctantly said.

I awkwardly said thanks but I also apologized to her.

"If you get tired of him, just tell me anytime." She winked at me and went on her way.

I sighed and thought that she still likes Charles.

Apparently, I still haven't heard anything from our colleagues about me going out with Charles.

So Zilly doesn't have any plans of telling anything to our colleagues. I feel relieved, actually.

Now then, time to head back to my work space.

As I went back to the office, I was suddenly called by sir Mark.

"Athena, you and Zilly will go to G Talent tomorrow with Caleb from the advertising department to have talks with the management there." Sir Mark said.

Conrad will be appearing at our launching event next week so we are going to talk with his management about some paperwork and to explain what to expect on the launching event of our new set of food products.

I will be able to meet with him tomorrow. I kind of feel excited.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Today is the day we are headed to Conrad's agency.

Surprisingly, Charles is also coming along. It was a last minute decision and he said that he knows the content of the launching event better to be presented to the management staff at GT. Zilly and I are supposedly tasked to do that but Charles insisted that he will do it instead since he majority made the content himself.

If that what he wants then... I got one job responsibility down.

Zilly is all smiles after hearing Charles will come with us.

It's pretty obvious that she still doesn't care that Charles is already in a relationship with me. It makes me feel annoyed.

All of us have arrived at GT and we were led by the staff to the meeting room.

After a few moments, two GT staff and Naoya entered the meeting room.

We were warmly greeted by staff.

I looked at the door and through the windows looking out for Conrad. I know he will definitely attend the meeting. Is he not coming?

Naoya suddenly caught me from my scanning eyes and he reassured me that he will come after fifteen minutes because he is currently in talks with a certain director.

"O-oh. Is that so?" I said.

The staff said we could start the meeting and talk about some minor stuff that doesn't really involve Conrad first. We will talk the major stuff once Conrad arrives.

We started the meeting with the staff. After a few minutes, Conrad arrived earlier than expected.

He apologized for being late and we told him that it was alright.

Conrad was about to seat beside Naoya, facing Caleb, but Naoya told Conrad to sit beside me.

The meeting table is in rectangular shape. In front of us were all GT staff including Naoya.

"Sorry, the chair beside me is defective. You might fall off." Naoya smiled.

"Really? We better report that." The GT staff said.

Naoya said that he'll be the one to fix it since it's just a loose screw on one of the leg of the chair.

He looks enthusiastic when he said that he will be fixing the chair by himself.

"Okay then." Conrad said.

When Conrad walked towards me, he smiled at me. I gave him a smile too and he sat beside me.

The meeting has started and so far it was smooth until my hand unintentionally touched the back of his hand placed on the table when I reached a document near him.

He suddenly retracted his hand and everyone noticed it. Caleb suddenly stopped his speech when he noticed how Conrad quickly retracted his hand.

"I-I'm sorry! Please continue!" Conrad said this very apologetic.

"Is there something wrong?" The GT staff in front of Charles suddenly asked this to Conrad.

I was baffled when he reacted that way. Did he feel some electricity or something? I didn't feel anything.

Conrad looks flustered right now.

"There was... uhm... electricity I felt on miss Athena's hand. " He nervously said.

What?! My guess was right?!

The GT staff said that the meeting room is cold indeed. She asked everyone if the room is cold. Everyone said it is alright.

Oh, my hand is quite cold. I think this was the reason... but I didn't feel any electric feeling.

"My hand is cold. I'm sorry that I touched you with my cold hand." I said.

Conrad reassured me that it was alright.

The other GT staff joked that Conrad must have felt some spark from me.

"Both of you might have some affinity! Just joking!" He said.

"Can't be..."

I paused and I looked at Conrad as we were both surprised that we both said that at the same time with a nervous laugh

We both suddenly looked awkward.

"I know you two are close friends, right? I remember you attended one of his recording session and told us you are close friends with Conrad." Caleb said.

I agreed with him since the advertising department knows I'm close with Conrad and Maria.

"Oh really? So both of you knew each other ever since?" The female GT said this to Conrad.

"Yeah but we were acquainted during the contract signing last year." Conrad said.

"Oh, is that so? Why the both of you seem awkwa-"

"Let's resume the meeting, shall we? Mister Imonoyama must have a schedule right after this, right?" Zilly said.

Naoya suddenly agreed with Zilly.

"You have a scheduled meeting with the upper management after this." Naoya said this at Conrad.

The meeting resumed and it left me kind of worried that we are both awkward right now, especially thinking about what Conrad and I did last weekend impulsively.

Getting all worked up with just a touch...

.
.
.
.
.
.

The meeting has ended and we are parting ways with GT to return to the office.

Conrad left early and the staff kindly saw us out of the GT building.

"See you nextweek at the event. Thank you very much for trusting our talent Conrad and the management." The female staff said.

"It's our pleasure. Let's do our best for the success of the event next week." Charles said.

All of us went to the car and Caleb is driving us back to the office.

"The launching event nextweek will be grand, and I'm pretty looking forward with it. I hope the new products will be a big hit." Caleb said.

"We worked our butts off for the launching of the products, right sir Charles?" Zilly said.

Charles didn't answer Zilly until Caleb called his attention.

"Oh, I'm sorry. What did you just say?" Charles said this to Zilly.

Zilly repeated what he just said to Charles.

"Yeah, that's right." Charles said.

"You seem to be in deep thought. Got a lot of work after this?" Caleb said.

Charles said that he doesn't have a lot of work later. It's just that he is quite tired.

"Are you sick?" Caleb asked.

"No. I'm fine." Charles reassured Caleb that he is fine.

He's tired? Did he sleep really late last night or did he do something last night? He didn't tell me anything.

"He has reached his peak." Zilly said.

Caleb wondered what peak she was referring too.

Zilly just playfully said that he has reached his peak on squeezing his brain out for the launching event next week.

"Oh, so that was it. Just take it easy, man. You are known to be too diligent at work so chill." Caleb said.

Charles laughed and told him that he's not that diligent.

I looked at Charles while the both of them are joking and having friendly conversations at each other.

He doesn't seem like himself. Is there something bothering him?

.
.
.
.
.
.

Zilly and I are at the canteen eating our lunch.

We are both facing each other with only the both of us at our table.

"You broke your pen while writing at your planner on your desk. Are you that mad about what happened during the meeting earlier?" Zilly said.

I stopped unwrapping the remaining wrapper of my chicken sandwich then I looked at her.

"... I think so."

I did break my pen when I was writing something on my planner. It actually punctured five pages from my planner after returning from GT.

She rolled her eyes and told me "She's so insensitive to you earlier. She looks all awkward and acting cutesy with her bestfriend while you where there. If I hadn't insisted to resume the meeting, you might go and punch him. You're actually planning to say something to him during that time, aren't you?"

I sighed and thanked her for stopping my impulsiveness earlier. I was really intending to say something after seeing them all chummy but thanks to Zilly, I didn't do anything reckless. That would make me unprofessional if I wasn't stopped by her.

"You're hand was clenching hard under the table! Good thing I held you back there. Anyways, she's really unbelievable for acting like that while you were there."

I told her that I agreed to let Athena hangout with her bestfriend since I understand that he's been one of her support systems way back. Even though I'm against of them being so close, I still compromised.

I don't want to see her petrified, crying and sullen face again just like when we fought last time.

"You're being too lenient at her! That's why she's acting like that to him. Seems to me that guy likes her. Do you think so too?" She asked.

I know he likes her too. I'm also having a bad feeling that she is gradually seeing him in a different light.

"... She only treats him as a friend. I trust her."

Zilly laughed and told me "Look at me. We're friends and I've fallen for you. It's impossible that there will be nothing going on between a man and a woman."

I finished my sandwich, drank my water and stood up.

"Go and find another man already. You're too concerned for me." I said.

"Yeah, yeah." She sarcastically said.

When I was walking back towards the office, Athena suddenly popped out in front of me and told me that she has something to say to me.

We both went to the balcony of the emergency exit stairs to talk.

"Uhm... Are you okay?" She asked.

I hesitated to answer but eventually said to her that I am fine.

I'm not being honest with her right now. Deep inside of me, I want her to realize and reflect about her behavior earlier with Imonoyama. Did she even thought of me that I might or will get furious seeing her all chummy with him?

"Is that so? Then I'm glad." She then smiled at me.

What? Is that it? I want to get mad but I don't want to have another fight with her all over again with the same topic as last time.

She looked around for a moment then she hugged me with her face buried on my chest but immediately removed herself from me.

She looks embarrassed and can't look at me straight.

"Y-you're tired, right? I just wanted to give you some... ugh... battery!"

She brought out something from her pocket and gave me a sachet of peanuts and placed it inside my pocket of my jacket.

"That's for your brain fuel for work later and try to sleep early tonight... Anyways, I'll go back now!"

She ran down the stairs and went inside the building.

I brought out the sachet she gave to me.

I smiled looking at the sachet of peanuts but I immediately went back to my bad mood.

Zilly was right. Athena is quite insensitive.

Can't she realize that I'm so fed up of compromising?

Now that I think about it, she never liked me anyways and I just forced her to be with me.

»»»»»End of Chapter 74«««««

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 149 41
She always made her life seem good to all her friends, so no one ever cared to take a deeper look into what it's liked behind closed doors. Everyday...
213 32 28
Meet 20 - year old Athena Carter, a small town American girl turned Oxford Nanny with good grades, determination, and a rough past, England bound for...
572 40 14
𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 a name unheard of. Except by one, of course. The one who simply got away. Five years ago her best friend moved to a diffe...