Save Me (VegasPete)

De BetterUnseen

What if Pete didn't choose Vegas? What if he chose his loyalty to the Major Family? What if he finally met s... Mai multe

P r o l o g u e
CHAPTER ONE
Chapter Two
CHAPTER THREE
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
n o t e

Chapter Six

13.4K 590 593
De BetterUnseen

EVERYBODY gathers in the living room, guards are scattered everywhere and the rest of the clueless members are just sitting comfortably.

I made sure that Che' will be sitting beside his brother, in case something happens between the two families.

"I invited Vegas and Macau here," Pa said nonchalantly.

"Why did you even invite them?" As expected from Khun who reacted first and expressed his dismay.

The rest were looking at Pete. I can't see his reaction. He just held his head low, motionless that I cannot speak about what he felt.

"I heard that they got a new brother so I wanted to see the," Pa added and looks at Kinn. "Welcome them and tell them to come here."

When Vegas arrived, he was only accompanied by Macau and Nop. Vegas is carrying the baby covered with a black huge towel and greeted us politely.

What? What is with his reaction? At this moment, I am expecting him to show his evilness or create chaos.

Vegas is so calm that I am already wondering. Macau also smiled and waved a little hi to Porche'.

What the hell? My head is aching; I forgot that these two are in the same school. Tsk.

"Sit down." Pa acknowledged their arrival and told them to take a sit.

"What's the name of the kid?"

"Venice," Vegas answered immediately.

"Who gave that kid a name?" Khun asked and instructed Arm and Pol to hide Pete on their back.

"Someone special gave him this name."

Why can you still smile in this type of situation? Why are they so relaxed and not worrying that they might end up dead after this?

"Do you have any plans for your brother?" Pa asked.

I know he is testing if what Pete and I reported was true.

"At first, I want to send him to the orphanage but I change my mind, I will keep the baby."

What?

I turn my head and gaze at Pete. He was still not moving or making any expression.

Why isn't he surprised by this? I cannot read him or his next move. Why is he getting so unpredictable?

I saw Porsche stand up with Che', they held Pete's arms and guide him upstairs.

Is he uncomfortable seeing Vegas?

When I saw Pa smiling from what Porsche did, I know that he is convinced that Pete will remain loyal to the Main Family. Vegas also didn't escape from my eyes and saw him following the direction where Pete went with his cunning eyes. I saw how disappointed he was when Pete left.

The fact that Pete cannot stand to be in the same room as Vegas is already a sign that he will stay. Is my father isn't convinced yet?

The rest of the meeting where about the properties the Second Family will give up and how will be the process. I know that Pa will get the properties first before killing them. What I am not sure about is the safety of the baby.

As I am bored as hell, I left them first and take a nap in my room.

I know why Pa kept the conversation going. He is trying to catch something from Vegas' mouth. I wonder what he is doing.

After a nap, when I went outside; I saw Che' talking to his brother I didn't bother to interfere. At the side, Macau is talking to Pa- you're in danger boy. The bodyguard named Nop is at the corner and is holding the baby.

Kinn is approaching Porsche while Khun No, Arm, and Pol were at the side, talking to each other. I roam my eyes around only to find out that both Pete and Vegas are not here.

Don't tell me...

I sneakily pass through them, not being obvious as I try to find the two. I arrived at the corner of the house, near the pond where I don't have any idea what breed those fishes are.

I walked slowly, making sure that I will not make any sound.

"Pete. I told you to come back with me." I heard Vegas say.

Silence enveloped them for a second until Pete replied. "Come back? Do you want me to come back to you Vegas?" I can hear the dismay in his voice.

That is right. Why is he even going back to hell if he's already saved?

"What?"

"Do you want me to suffer again, huh? Are you that selfish that you want to ruin my life again?"

"Pete. I won't do anything anymore, I promise." The desperation in Vegas' voice is so obvious. "Just go with me."

He is still trying to tell Pete to go back with him. Indeed, Vegas fell hard.

Pete... what you will say will determine your faith.

"I don't want to go with you! I am not coming back, Vegas! Leave me alone!"

When I heard Pete was already approaching where I am, I tried to run away; pretending that I didn't hear anything.

"Did he choose Vegas?" I heard Pa ask me as we look at the members of the Second Family leaving our place.

I stare at Pete and then at Vegas who didn't even look back.

"He did',." I answered. "I don't think they both feel the same way."

From what I see, Pete didn't choose Vegas and he will never choose him.

Maybe he never loved Vegas from the start.

Pete probably just has a strange connection with him since he was held captive. Other than that, he is loyal to our family.

There is only Pete- the head bodyguard and Vegas- the eldest son of the Second family.

There is no such thing as VegasPete.

In the second week of observing both Pete and Macau, I can already see a change in Macau's routine. He also talks to other bodyguards and will be guarded by more than five bodyguards.

I am afraid that Macau may have noticed the presence of Pete.

This time, Macau is heading to an old abandoned bakery. The place is really old, the windows are broken, and the roof has also missing pieces.

What is he doing in this kind of creepy place?
There is something in there. The guards were waiting outside as Macau enters. I tried to peak but the windows are already old that I can barely see what is inside.

Pete is just standing at the corner, waiting for what will happen.

"Pete!" An unfamiliar voice called his name.

I can see how Pete got startled when a man appears in front of him, wearing a black shirt and pants.

"Who are you?" Pete nervously asked and walked a little farther from where Macau is.

"I am Mark." The guy introduced himself. "Don't tell me you forgot about me? We're even friends in high school."

I saw Pete pause for a while, trying to remember. "Oi! Mark! What are you doing here?"

I don't think this is the right time to have a mini-reunion with your high school friend, Pete. You still have Macau which you need to keep an eye on.

"What are you doing here?"

Argh. This Mark is so nosy. How can I know what Macau is doing if I am spying on Pete? Go away, the hell.

"I am just looking around." Seriously, Pete. This isn't the right time to be friendly and look after Macau.

"Really?" I watched the guy grab Pete's shoulder and pushed Pete to go through the crowd. "Let me treat you to a meal. You love food, right? Especially noodles so I will buy it for you!"

I am now torn between knowing what Macau is doing or to follow Pete in case he will do something stupid and fail. This time, I chose to follow Pete.

When did I even become his bodyguard? I will just shake off the idea of following Macau and focus here.

As I am following them, I can see Pete looking bitterly. That's right, you didn't manage to follow Macau.

"You like this, right?" That Mark asked as they stood in front of a stall. "I barely see you and didn't expect that I will meet you here. It must be fate, isn't it?"

What the hell is he saying? Why does he look like he is taking the opportunity to finally confess to his crush after not meeting for more than five years?

Pete didn't even bother to talk. He only sat at one of the round tables and waits for Mark to finish buying food.

Pete, you just got distracted because someone told you that he will buy you food.

There are only a few moments I saw that hurt my eyes. That Mark is very touchy with Pete. He even wipes away the sauce that is at the corner of Pete's mouth as if they were dating. He will give Pete food and will buy another serving like a husband.

To be honest, maybe this is also much better. I know that Vegas will never do this kind of thing for Pete.

Maybe Vegas never give Pete the food he wanted or wiped away the dirt at the corner of his lips. Maybe Vegas will never look at Pete with so much nurturing as Mark is doing.

Let me ship this two for the better.

The plan of following Macau keeps failing as time passes by because of Mark. He will appear most of the time and would treat Pete to eat somewhere.

Today, a bouquet of roses was sent to the mansion. It was addressed to Pete from Mark. That Mark is good-looking. Tall, tan-skinned with sharp jaws and deep coffee-black eyes.

"Who is Mark?" Porsche asked and tries to read the letters included.

"He is my high school friend," Pete said and smiled as he read the letters.

Wow. I can already see hearts forming in Pete's eyes when he was reading that letter. Maybe he also had a crush on Mark, isn't he?

"Friend?" Khun No raised his voice. "Friend but sending a love letter? I won't believe that."

Pete giggled but I can see the doubt on Porsche's face. Are we thinking the same thing?

"He is just a friend, Khun No. Bye. Let me take this flower to our room." Pete said in joy and went to their room.

I remain silent, waiting for what they want to say.

"I thought Pete have feelings for Vegas," Porsche said in a low voice and turns to look at Kinn.

"It's a good thing then! Whoever that Mark is maybe Pete likes him too." Khun agreed this time. "Pete can only like anybody except for Vegas."

"Maybe Phi Mark is treating Phi Pete right." Che' said who was sitting beside me. "I think we should let Phi Pete fall in love with someone that can put in that kind of effort."

Which I know, Vegas will never do.

Still, in doubt, Porsche shakes off the uneasiness he is feeling. "Are you sure that Mark will be trusted? I haven't seen his face even one more time."

I want to tell them that Mark looks like a decent person.

I can relate to Porsche. I am also clueless about what's happening. The scene happens too fast.

All of a sudden, another person appears- Mark every time Pete will be spying on Macau which made everything difficult.

On my side, I cannot follow Macau since my first concern is to make sure that I will report every movement of Pete.

Whoever is he... I will find out soon.

I am getting tired of this task.

Following Pete, looking after Macau is just a tiring, never-ending cycle. I cannot have a single chance to discover something.

I want to include that Mark for being nosy as always and would wrap his hands around Pete's arms like a fucking lizard. He is kind to Pete, from what I can see but he is so nosy. He is like a virus that just appears out of nowhere.

When I was about to go back to my room, I decided to pass through my father's office. However, I saw Pete coming outside, carrying a black backpack.

"Ow Pete?" I muttered. "Why are you here?"

I heard him gasp. "Khun Kim."

I stare at him from head to toe. It is already ten in the evening and what is he even wearing? Rubber shoes, jacket, pants, and mask. Where is he going?

"Did my father talk to you?" I asked him.

Pete nodded. "He wanted me to do something, Khun Kim." He calmly answered. "I have to go."

He didn't wait for my reply and he went outside alone. What kind of assignment did my father order you that made you go outside this late?

When I was about to follow him, I saw P'Chan heading in my direction.

Never mind, my father probably wanted Pete to do it alone.

"P'Chan. Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, Khun Kim?"

"What did you observe with Vegas?"

I know that he is in charge to guard on Vegas and reporting everything to my father. Maybe I can find a clue.

P'Chan sigh deeply. "There is no suspicious movement from him."

"Really?"

P'Chan looks tired. "At first, Khun Vegas keeps on stalking Pete. I even saw him handing a paper bag filled with food to Pete. It's just... Vegas stopped following which I don't understand."

He sounds so confused too.

"What do you mean?"

"Khun Vegas stays in his house, without any movement. He looks after the baby and didn't associate himself with other people." P'Chan continued to tell me what he saw.

"Do you mean Vegas isn't after Pete?"

How come is that? I just heard him asking Pete to go with him.

It is not fitting the conclusions I am having.

"Maybe Khun Vegas got tired of waiting for Pete," P'Chan said.

Pete left Vegas. And Vegas tries to convince him to go back.

If what P'Chan said was true, there is a possibility that they are no longer connected.

What do I even expect from Vegas? Htreatsat everybody like a toy.

I am not surprised if he will just easily move on to Pete.

"What are you doing here?"

My eyebrows met when I saw father coming from the opposite direction of his office.

Isn't he inside his office?

"Just talking to each other Khun Korn," P'Chan answered.

"You just arrived?" I asked and pointed d his direction.

"Yes. I talked to your brother." Pa said.

"How many minutes did you talk to Kinn?" I asked wondering how did he manage to be there without me noticing.

"I talked to him for hours," Pa answered.

"Does that mean..." I turn and glance at his office. "Pete came outside your office a while ago."

After I said that, Pa rushed to go to his office and check it. However, it was locked.

"Find the spare key!" Pa shouted.

Pete locked his office?

"Block all the roads!" Pa ordered that made his men rush in his direction. "Find Pete and make sure to catch him!"

When everybody was already moving, Kinn and Porsche went outside their room and wondered.

P'Chan arrived and handed the spare key to my father.

"Don't let that bastard Pete go away!"

"What is happening?!" Porsche asked me and he was followed by Khun, Arm and Pol.

"Why are you all in a hurry?" Khun asked me. "Where is Pete?!"

"He said he will be sleeping early today," Arm answered.

When Pa finally entered his office, I followed him.

The cabinets were all open, the folders are scattered everywhere and there are also missing documents.

"Do not spare the life of that fucking Pete!" Pa shouted in anger and checks the cabinet where he usually hide the photo.

"What is happening here, Kim?!" Kinn asked me.

"What happened to Pete?!" I saw Khun's angry face he managed to approach me and grab my collar.

"Tell us Kim!" Porsche shouted. "If you won't tell us, I am assuring you this. You will never see my brother again."

Damn! Why am I stuck with all of your problems? I just want to find out the reason why my father is so mad at the second family.

"Pete stole documents from Pa and escape," I answered Khun.

"He will never do that!" Khun protested. "Check if he's still in his room!"

Arm and Pol ran and went to their room. Kinn takes a look inside the office.

"Pete isn't in his room," Pol said.

"What did he do?" Porsche asked in disbelief. "Why did he do it?"

Can't you all see?

Or probably none of you knew so you can't figure it out.

I remain collected and stare at them.

P'Chan rushed and went to my father.

"Pete ran away." He said. "He ran away with Vegas."

"What did he say?!" Khun asked and went in P'Chan's direction. "What the fuck did you say?!"

The house is now in complete chaos that I couldn't even believe.

While I was following Pete, there is no hint that he has the plan to be with Vegas. The same as what P'Chan said.

These two never give a hint of choosing each other.

"Pete... chose Vegas?" Porsche cannot even finish his statement.

I guess I have to tell them since father is already in ranging anger.

I face them and look at Arm and Pol. You may not know about Pete's mission, but you know the purpose.

"Pa wanted Macau and Vegas to be killed. He ordered Pete to spy on Macau and kill him."

They were all looking at me in disbelief.

"I guess Pete chose Vegas and not us."

"We cannot catch them, Khun Korn." Another bodyguard arrived. "Khun Vegas was already waiting outside to run away with Pete."

I saw how my father grab the gun on his waist and didn't hesitate to shoot the man who just reported on him.

Fuck. He is angry.

"I declare Pete as a traitor. No one from any of you should be associated with him! The moment he ran away with Vegas means that he is also an enemy!" My father said and his calm expression changed into someone darker and scarier.

"Pete is an enemy."

I stare at him.

No one imagined that Pete will do this.

I entered my father's office and saw a piece of note on the table.

I am asking for your forgiveness.

- Pete.

I don't think my father is an expert in playing his cards.

Pete managed to hide everything from him.

In the end, my father was betrayed by Pete in his own game.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

95.4K 3.5K 16
What if Vegas never met Pete before the confrontation? What if he never caught Pete or tortured him? What if they never fell in love? After the conf...
35.4K 1.2K 16
"I can't do it anymore Vegas hiding how I feel for you, it's breaking me" "I'm trying, but I can't save us Pete, I don't know how to get us out of th...
147K 5.8K 36
"I hate you Vegas, the most." "If I can't have you than no one can, I won't let anyone else have you." The love, the promise, the hearts are broken...
125K 3.6K 26
Pete a 19 year old and vegas a 20 year old are forced to marry each other by their fathers.. What will happen? will they fall inlove? Or will vegas...