Bold, Breathless Love

By Soulmates2

Book one: Bad boy, gorgeous Steven Colber, most popular boy in high school, captain of the football team, acc... More

Deep Blue Eyes
Cafe Premiere
I Don't talk to strangers
Clown Girl
He Knows My Name
It Not As It Seems
Obsessed
Rain Rain Go Away
The Conceited Pig
Heartbroken
The Heart Wants What it Wants
Sleepless Nights
To Conquor
Dress Shopping
Love
Church, Food, and More Shopping
Down Town Park Ridge
Breathless kisses
The Heart Wants What it Wants
Hangover
A River of Tears
Innocence in its Purity
Love
Unbearable Pain
She's Mine !
Do You Love Me?
Flames of Fire
Victory
Sexy and Hot
Emotions
Botanic Gardens
The Secret
My Father
Claire smiles
Anthony and Claire
Sweet Nothings
The Dells
The Rumba
Misunderstandings
Claire's doubts
Thursday morning
Bittersweet Moments
The Secret
Claires Promise
The Baby
Graduation
Galena

Why?

417 12 0
By Soulmates2

Jeff had become Abby's bodyguard, he shadowed her everywhere to make sure the baby stayed safe. It was bittersweet for Jeff, knowing that the baby was Steven's, but somehow he grew accustomed to the idea of raising the child as his and he attached himself to Abby to ensure the safety of her and her baby.

His love for Abby ran deep in his heart of hearts, he had been in love with the girl since he was seven years old. Their families were friends and they took vacations together and had enjoyed barbecue parties together for many years. It was only the last few years that things had changed and Abby's parents somehow pulled away.

His love for her only grew bigger as the years passed, but he never got the courage to tell her his feelings until senior year. It didn't go as well as he would have wanted it to go, maybe if Steven hadn't stepped in he would have had a better chance with Abby.

The idea of going to Harvard with Abby was exciting to him. He had hopes and dreams that she would eventually fall in love with him and together they can raise the baby and become a family.

It was good that Claire would be there too, she inspired Abby and made her smile. She was very loyal and he knew that she loved Abby very much and Abby needed all the help she could get now.

Jeff wished he could have fallen for Claire instead of Abby, Claire had fallen for him hard, but his heart was already given to Abby. He was relieved that Claire was dating Anthony, he wanted to see her always smiling and Anthony gave her everything she needed to enjoy life.

It's been three weeks since Abby told him of her pregnancy and since that day he and Claire have been with her everyday planning on the baby's  future. Claire had nominated herself Godmother to the baby and Jeff had vowed to be the fatherly figure in its life, and hopefully one day Abby will accept his hand in marriage and make them a real family. That was his dream and he would stop at nothing to get what he wanted.

"Have you called the lady and confirmed the apartment will be ours?" Claire asked, "it's walking distance to the university and we can't miss out on this opportunity!"

"I already placed a three month deposit on it, so the apartment is ours," Jeff confirmed, and turned his car down the corner to Abby's house. "I picked you up first because I wanted to tell you something."

"Oh and what's that?" Curious, Claire faced Jeff, "you're not going to talk about Steven again are you, he's not a threat anymore he has moved on with his life!"

Jeff knew that Steven had not moved on because he loved Abby too, and he knew that anyone who falls in love with her can not just fall out of love with her just like that. Steven could fool a lot of people, but he couldn't fool him. He had to try and keep Steven away from Abby at least until they move to Massachusetts, Steven would be headed to Princeton and only then could Jeff relax and not worry that Steven would mess things up for him.

"I need your help to keep Abby busy until we leave for Massachusetts."

"That's two months away!" Claire declared, "Anthony and I are leaving for Florida after graduation!"

"Well I was thinking to go to Massachusetts immediately following graduation." Jeff admitted, "that way we could settle in and tour the town. I wouldn't ask this of you if I could do it myself, but she has a tendency to be stubborn and only listens to you, and I was hoping you'd say yes."

"Are you kidding me?" Claire laughed, "the reason you want to go to Massachusetts immediately following graduation is because you are afraid Steven might have a much needed talk with Abby, but you need not worry about that, rumor has it that he is dating Christina again, and is cheating on her with Carol."

"I beg of you, come with us Claire." Jeff wasn't satisfied that Steven was dating again, he knew that was just a temporary rebound situation, and that it was only a matter of time before Steven confronts Abby.

"I will only come if Anthony can come stay with us until he leaves for Princeton."

"But by that time Abby will be showing and he will know that Abby is pregnant and he will tell Steven!"

"Anthony is very loyal to me, and if I tell him not to say anything, he would never say a word!" Claire insisted. Steven got what he deserved, she thought, he destroyed Abby's life, got her pregnant and then walked out on her as if he had not a care in the world. She hated him with all her heart, and would do anything to keep him away from her best friend.

A harsh sigh escaped Jeff's lips, "Aright, but you better keep a leash on him, we don't want Steven to find out."

"He won't find out," Claire said. "Beside there is only one more week until graduation and after that we won't have to worry about Steven ever again!"

*************

Rumors spread like wildfire especially in Main South and it had to do with the most popular boy in the school.

"What?" Carol said, "I don't believe it!"

"It's true," her best friend said, "my mother has a friend who has a friend who has another friend who went to the doctors office and saw her there!"

"Are you sure it was the gynecologist?"

"I'm a hundred percent sure," her friend said, "remember that girl that I told you about a long time ago who worked in Socorro's office as a part time receptionist?" Carol nodded, "well she swore she saw Abby there speaking to the gynecologist!"

"Are you kidding me, maybe she had a doctors appointment for a Pap test." Carol told her.

The girl shook her head, "Nope!" She said, and leaned closer to Carol and whispered, "she is a close friend of mine and I begged her to check what the appointment was for and she said it was a consultation for an abortion!"

"Oh no." Carol could not believe her ears, she had heard through the grape vine that Steven made all his girlfriends who had gotten pregnant get an abortion and now Abby was the next girl on that list. He used the clown girl for sex and when she got pregnant he made her get an abortion and then dumped her!

She hurriedly went in search of Steven, there was sometime before the bell rang and she thought to confront Steven on the matter. When she found him with Christina arguing by his locker she stopped in her tracks. It hurt her to see him still hanging out with that slut, but it she was not going to let herself be intimidated by her.

Plastering a fake smile on her face, Carol walked up to Steven and said, "Sorry to interrupt you but I have something serious to ask you."

Christina narrowed her eyes and pointed a finger at Carol, "How dare you think you can just walk to us and......"

"Go away Christina," Steven told her sharply, and then turned his attention to Carol, his voice lowered and his eyes warmed, as he waited to hear what she had to say.

"You got to be kidding me!" Christina spat, "you dismiss me for her!"

"Leave!" Steven roared, "now!"

Christina finally walked away muttering swear words under her breath. She was going to find a way to destroy Carol and Abby, she thought, and a smile curved her lips, they will soon get what they deserved.

Steven focused his attention back to her, "What is it Carol?"

"I thought you and her broke it off, why is she still hanging out with you?"

"Christina means nothing to me, we were never back together after our split up in April."

"That's not what I heard!" Carol looked at him accursedly, "I heard that you're seeing her and you are using me!"

"Me and you don't have anything between us so how can I be using you?"

Carol's eyes teared up and her bottom lip trembled, "I thought we were reconciling."

Releasing a sigh, Steven tried to keep his voice calm and collective, "You thought wrong," he told her, but you are a beautiful girl Carol, and will find someone who is worthy to date you, I'm not that man, I'm taking a break from dating for now."

"Is that because of her!" She blurted out, and choked back a sob.

"Her?"

"The clown girl, if you still have feelings for her then why did you force her to have abortion?"

Steven's face turned white and his heart pounded against his muscled chest, "What did you say?"

"Are you going to deny the fact that she was pregnant and you forced her to abort your baby, because I won't believe you!" She told him, "it was confirmed that Abby went to the gynecologist for consultation, she had an abortion because you made her to do it, just like you made all those other girls to abort their babies!"

"Jesus Christ!" Steven said hoarsely, and ran as fast as his feet could take him to his car.

When he reached his destination, from afar he saw Abby with Jeff and Claire by Jeff's car from across the school parking lot. He stiffened and took a moment to gather his wits before he ran to Abby.

Jeff saw him coming towards them and stepped in front of Abby for protection, "What do you want dog?" He yelled.

Steven stopped in front of him and said through gritted teeth, "Step aside!"

"Go away or I'll break your teeth!" Jeff said, and both his hands turned to fists at his side, "stay away from her and don't ever come near her again!"

Abby's heart raced, seeing him again so close to her had a dramatic effect on her, she covered her mouth with her hand to stop herself from crying out loud. Claire hugged her and whispered in her ear, "It's ok, don't be scared."

"Go away dog or I will......." He didn't get a chance to finish, Steven struck him square on the jaw and he went flying backwards.

Abby eyes opened wide with shock, and she was about to bend down and comfort Jeff when Steven quickly grabbed her by the arm and whirled her around to face him.

"Did you abort my baby!" He asked, he was crazy out of his mind with anger.

Abby's eyes opened wide, she was lost for words, how did Steven find out that she was pregnant, she thought.

"Did you abort my baby!" He asked again, in a low and dangerous tone of voice.

Abby didn't know how to respond to his question, her fear was now replaced by anger that he dare to yell at her and accuse her of aborting their child, and she was about to tell him that she was indeed pregnant and was going to raise the child without him, because he wasn't worthy of her, but Jeff had flown to his feet and yelled, "Yes she aborted your baby, why would she keep it when it belonged to you! Abby loves me and we are going to get married as soon as we get to Massachusetts!"

Throwing an accusing look at Abby, Steven tried but was unable to speak.

Abby watched the thick emotions displayed on his handsome face, the rage had left him and was replaced with grief, he looked grief stricken and full of despair. Abby had never seen this side of him before.

"Why didn't you tell me." The words tore from his throat with great pain and suffering, "you aborted our child Abby why would you do that!" Steven grabbed Abby by her shoulders and searched in her eyes for answers.

Don't touch her!" Jeff snarled, "get away from her!"

Anthony and Jacob who had witnessed the scene from afar, had run to the group and held back Jeff who wanted to rip Steven to pieces.

"Why Abby!" He asked again in a hoarse voice, his eyes blurred with tears, "why would you kill my baby?"

"Oh my God." Claire cried, and Anthony immediately flew to her side to comfort her.

Abby looked up at Steven, the love of her life, the only man she would ever love, and flat out lied, "Because I'm in love with Jeff." She said calmly.

For a measured moment she thought that she saw love and a deep yearning haze through Steven's eyes, but instantaneous it turned to anger and disgust with a mixture of pain and desperation that was visible in his deep blue eyes.

"You have to live with what you have done not I," he told her, "It is finished."

He walked away without looking back, and Abby's knees gave out, Jeff was quick to grab her in his strong arms and hold her against his chest. She cried her heart out, and wanted to die, Claire was afraid for her and raced to her side.

"Abby please," she said desperately, "it's not worth it, it's over and done with, leave it alone now."

Abby passed out in Jeff's arms and he swore under his breath, taking her back to his car he yelled for Claire to open the car door and she did as she was told. Jeff placed Abby in his car and got into the driver seat.

"I'm coming with you," Claire said, as tears trailed down her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 11.2K 15
"Come to ask me out have you?" Bethany says, swinging her legs around to face him. "Well I'll kindly accept." She chuckles, throwing her hair behind...
3.8K 637 26
๐†ผ ๐†ญ ๐†ผ ๐†ญ ๐†ผ ๐†ญLiah Thompson has just shifted back to her hometown. Her parents although, did not accompany her. She is already troubled with her f...
1.1M 40.6K 47
UNEDITED VERSION To break free of the stereotypical box that high school placed her in, Charlie must team up with Liam, the new soccer player on the...
2.3M 41.1K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...