Oriel Dune | Obi-Wan Kenobi

By BooksHaveFeelings2

Oriel Dune is a red headed Jedi who had fallen in love with the one and only Obi-Wan Kenobi ever since she la... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Part 2
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Part 3
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Part 4
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Epilouge

Chapter Twenty Seven

599 17 10
By BooksHaveFeelings2

"I don't know how to say this . . . but I've loved you from the moment you came to my aid all those years ago."

- Duchess Satine

❆ ❆ ❆

Obi-Wan and Oriel landed their ships and hopped out, JC closely behind while Obi-Wan told R4 to stay put. They were greeted by one of the duchesses' guards and were escorted on a flying platform.

"This place is beautiful." Oriel stated as she looked around her in awe. The buildings were not only beside and underneath her, but on top as well. They created large tunnels which were used as flyways for transports.

As they flew on Oriel could see a large elaborate door that Oriel presumed to be the entrance to the Duchesses' palace.

They landed and entered the palace while the guard led the way, and the whole time Obi-Wan didn't say a word but his feelings were saying enough.

"Relax, take a deep breath." Oriel cooed to calm Obi-Wan. She looked at him and could see his forehead was covered in a light layer of sweat.

"I'm sure the Duchess is fine and with us around, we will get her out of this matter in no time." She took his hand and he flinched slightly, not expecting it, but he soon relaxed and squeezed her hand more tightly.

The two Jedi walked hand in hand down the hall until they reached the throne room when Obi-Wan let go of Oriel's hand. The throne room was enormous and there were more windows than walls letting in the glowing sun that reflected off the beautiful paintings hung on the wall.

"Generals." A man with a white beard and little hair greeted. He was wearing what appeared to be white pyjama's but Oriel thought that was silly as this was most likely just the way people dressed on Mandalore.

"Thankyou for meeting with us Prime Minister Almec." Obi-Wan greeted, his tone changing completely from nervous to official.

"I welcome you as a servant to the people." The Prime Minister answered shaking Obi-Wan's hand before turning to take Oriel's and kissed her gloved knuckles while Obi-Wan looked cautiously at the Prime Minister's actions.

"But I am troubled by the false rumours that brought you here." He continued and started a walk down the large room and the Jedi took it as an indication to follow.

"Mandalore would never turn against the Republic. The Duchess Satine values peace more than her own life." The Prime Minister explained.

"Oh I'm aware of the Duchesses' view." Obi-Wan replied which Oriel took as him knowing because of their friendship.

"With all do respect Prime Minister, the Jedi only want peace as well, but sometimes we need to get our hands a little dirty to do so. Don't you think there's at least the slightest chance the Duchess would do the same if she was so amid about peace?" Oriel asked as they slowly walked. She saw a look of reconsideration flash over the Prime Minister's eyes but it was gone in a second.

"Master Dune, Mandalore's violent past is behind us. All of our warriors were exiled to our moon, Concordia, they died out years ago." Prime Minister Almec assured.

"Hmm, are you certain?" Obi-Wan asked rubbing his chin like he did so often, deep in thought. "I recently accounted a man who wore Mandalorian armour." He recounted.

"Jango Fett." Oriel finished almost saddened at the memory of the cruel man.

"Jango Fett was a common bounty hunter. How he acquired that armour is beyond me." Almec defended.

"Yet you know of this, common bounty hunter?" Oriel asked rhetorically, not convinced.

"Well Master Jedi's. Don't go breaking my Prime Minister already, he doesn't do well under pressure." A woman's voice caught all three of their attention. Oriel looked in the direction of the voice and saw a beautiful woman wearing extravagant gown fitted with jewels and a sort of crown.

"Master Kenobi, my shining Jedi Knight come to rescue me once again." The Duchess greeted boredly. It sounded as if Obi-Wan and her had quite the history together.

She walked with her guards close behind, and sat on her throne at the end of the room. Oriel watched Obi-Wan watch the Dutchess in awe. She didn't know why, but Oriel felt a spurt of jealousy grow inside her veins.

Don't think like that. It's not safe. She told herself knowing the dangerous path jealousy will take her on.

"After all these years you're even more beautiful than ever." Obi-Wan charmed and this sent another wave of unpleasantness to wash over Oriel. She clenched her fists by her sides and relaxed them to try and ease some of the tension building up in her body.

"Kind words from a man who accuses me of treachery." The Dutchess scolded while the others present in the room watched nervously.

"I would never accuse you of personal wrong doings, Dutchess." Obi-Wan replied waving a hand out in front of him, diminishing her words.

"However, your highness, a Separatist saboteur attacked one of our Republic cruisers. A Mandalorian saboteur." Oriel butted in, sassing the words 'your highness'. She pulled out a small hologram projecter from her pocket and switched it on to show a security recording of the saboteur that attacked the Republic wearing Mandalorian armour.

"And who might you be?" The Dutchess asked, not even taking note of the disturbing video being played in front of her.

"I am Master Dune –" Oriel began to introduce herself but she was interrupted by Obi-Wan. "Now, now, let's not get ahead of yourself. Might I remind you you're not a Master yet."

Oriel didn't know how to respond to his words. She felt hurt a betrayed, yet angered. Obi-Wan had never diminished her like that before and he seemed to be doing it on purpose.

"Sorry, Master Kenobi, what I meant to say was General Dune." She answered Obi-Wan, her words laced with so much venom that she could've almost been spitting real poison at him.

"I have been assigned to interrogate you, just as General Kenobi has." Oriel finished turning back to the Duchess while plastering on a fake smile. She could already tell that she did not like Duchess Satine and she could see that her stay on Mandalore would not be very pleasant.

"Well you must be mistaken with your little recording their Miss Dune. No Mandalorian would engage in such violence." The Duchess replied, matching Oriel's unwelcoming tone.

"I think you'll find it's General Dune, not Miss. And I think you'll also find that you are the one who is mistaken. This Mandalorian rather took his own life than submit to questioning. Now, I don't know if it's just me, but I think that sounds quite secretive. Why die if not to protect your Duchess and her lies?" Oriel asked and she could sense the Duchess was getting angered as well.

"Perhaps not the Duchess Satine but another Master of some sort." Prime Minister Almec offered.

"I know these commando's fought in many wars, often against the Jedi." Obi-Wan said, backing up Oriel although she could sense his discomfort in doing so, he wanted to side with the Duchess not her.

"Every one of my people is as trustworthy as I am." The Duchess said leaning on the edge of her throne getting frustrated at the two Jedi. "Clearly your investigation was ordered because the Senate is eager to intervein in out affairs." She accused.

"Our investigation was ordered by the Jedi Council." Oriel replied with a smug smile, knowing she proved the Duchess wrong. She faltered slightly, hearing this news, and straightened her back to try and regain her sense of being above Oriel.

"I stand corrected." The Duchess said and thought to herself for a moment, planning her next move. "General Kenobi, perhaps you'd like to join me on a walk through the city." She said, holding out her hand for Obi-Wan to take.

Oriel was beyond enraged at her words, inviting Obi-Wan and not her, but it's what happened next that pushed her over the edge.

Obi-Wan glanced down at Oriel in a guilty manner before walking up towards the Duchess and taking her hand in a delicate way, the same way he had when they got married on the roof top of the Jedi Temple, or the same way when he led her to the dance floor at the jazz bar they had been to.

She stood up from her throne and took Obi-Wan's arm and the walked back the way they came, all while Oriel watched with her fists clenched in rage. She was snapped out of her killer gaze when the Prime Minister placed a hand on Oriel's shoulder.

"I know this all sounds very elusive but all the Duchess wants is to stay out of this war and she has, so why would she ruin all she has worked for just to send a single man to attack the Republic?" He asked her and this made her conflicted.

"I think I need to meditate on this, is there anywhere quiet where I won't be disturbed?" Oriel asked and the Prime Minister nodded his head.

"Follow me General." He said and led Oriel to a balcony not to far away that was secluded and overgrown with beautiful greenery. JC stood guard at the entrance in case anyone came to disturb her, and she sat crossed legged in the middle of the space and closed her eyes while she limply laid her hands over her knees with her palms face up.

Soon visions started interrupting her peaceful silence.

"Come on General, you must stay awake. General Kenobi would kill me if I lost you on my watch." The strong voice of Rooster rang through Oriel's ears.

Oriel was lying on the cold hard floor and she could hear screams and blasters firing around her mixed with the hum of lightsabers.

"How can he if he's –" Oriel's sentence was cut off as started coughing furiously.

"Come on General, stay with me. Kenobi is strong just as you are, just get up and let me help you out of here where you will be reunited with him." Rooster pushed while trying to lift Oriel up to her feet but she protested and pushed all of her weight back down.

She felt heavier, full of grief and sadness. Like her heart had been torn into a million different pieces before being set on fire and left to burn in her chest.

"I am going to be reunited with the man I love. With both of them. Thankyou Rooster, you are a great soldier and a loyal friend, but it's time for me to move on." Oriel rested her head on Rooster's palm as she shut her eyes and let the darkness wash over her.

"I'm with you to the end Oriel." The quieting voice of Rooster could be heard as Oriel completely blacked out.

"General Dune!" The voice of Prime Minister Almec brought her back to reality. Oriel squealed as she felt weightless and then the pull of gravity that forced her back to the balcony floor.

"Oriel! Are you alright?" Obi-Wan asked rushing to her side as she rubbed her head that was foggy still and her heart ached as it still felt heavy from grief.

Oriel gained awareness of her surroundings and she relaxed into the grip of Obi-Wan. She could feel the presence of two others at the door plus JC.

Wait, Obi-Wan? Oriel thought remembering how he had treated her earlier.

"I'm fine." She said through gritted teeth as she shoved Obi-Wan's hands of her shoulders harshly.

"Well it seems your companion is well." An annoyed voice of the Duchess Satine said. "We must get going then." She said.

"Of course m'lady." Obi-Wan replied and Oriel could sense the slight hurt he felt when she had pushed him away but Oriel didn't mind. She wanted him to feel it.

"Where might we be going your highness?" Oriel asked standing up and not making eye contact with the woman.

"Concordia." She replied keeping her annoyed tone. "I didn't think you would be joining us."

"I have been assigned to keep an eye on you just as Master Kenobi has, why would you think I wouldn't be joining you? After all I would just hate for you to get harmed your worshipness." Oriel said and made sure to emphasize the sarcasm on her last sentence.

"I just presumed you were a bit busy with, well whatever you were doing back there. And don't call me that, I don't think myself above anyone and that title contradicts it." The Duchess said and Oriel scoffed a laugh as she thought the Duchess defiantly thought herself above everyone.

"Something funny General?" Duchess Satine asked stopping in her tracks to look at the Jedi who stared straight back into her eyes.

"Oh it's nothing, just that you don't think yourself above anyone yet here you are sitting on a throne calling yourself Duchess." Oriel said taking a step closer to the woman and her hand subconsciously made it's way to her side where her lightsaber rested.

"Oriel!" Obi-Wan scolded grabbing her wrist before it could get any closer to her weapon. "What is wrong with you?" He asked looking down at his wife and those words dug through her chest like a knife.

"What is wrong with me?" Oriel asked angrily, swatting his hand away from her wrist. "What is wrong with you?" She retaliated.

"I came here to defend your very good friend but it seems that everything we've found has proven her more and more guilty. Yet you still defend her and flirt with her before going on leisurely strolls through out the city!" Oriel yelled and she didn't care the Duchess or the Prime Minister was watching.

"In case you've forgotten, Master Kenobi, but I've literally just died last month we are in a galactic war against the Separatists which she is!" She finished, each sentence taking a step closer to Obi-Wan threating which he took a step back each time, looking frightened and hurt by her words.

"I am no Separatist Miss Dune!" The Duchess butted in and Oriel turned to look at her.

"General Dune." She corrected. "And if you're no Separatist, then prove it, your worshipness." She said glaring straight into those perfect blue eyes that reminded her so much of her husband.

"What do you think I'm trying to do here General. Before you had your little outburst at my very good friend here who so clearly doesn't deserve to be treated like that." The Duchess told Oriel as she clenched her gloved hands beside her when she said 'My very good friend' if there's one thing Obi-Wan was most certainly not the Duchesses.

"Let's go Oriel." Obi-Wan whispered as he was still trying to process what just happened.

"I think you'll find it's General Dune, Master Kenobi." She replied before whipping her head around and following the Prime Minister to a shuttle that they left in for the moon.

Kenobi and the Duchess sat in the cockpit together while Oriel locked her and JC in the cargo part of the ship while she slumped to the floor and cried. She didn't exactly know why she was crying but it probably had something to do with her entire life crumbling around her, from Obi-Wan's actions to the horrifying visions that had been haunting her dreams.

(Authors Note)

QUESTION: Should I make Oriel and Satine become friends later on because I kind of feel guilty making her a sort of bad guy

Also sorry for not updating sooner but I will probably be updating later as I have exam week this week and so I've been really busy prepping for it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 1.2K 27
Obi-Wan Kenobi greatest Jedi of all time. Always followed the code and did what was best for the Jedi Order. But he had a secret. He fell in love...
43.5K 1.2K 14
π™Žπ™ƒπ™€ π˜½π™€π™‡π™Šπ™‰π™‚π™Ž π™π™Š 𝙏𝙃𝙀 π™Žπ™π˜Όπ™π™Ž | ❛ his thoughts are very loud ❜ in which they know it can't ever happen (again) [obi-wan kenobi x oc] [...
939K 27.7K 106
| The Wattys 2022 Shortlist | 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔 π’…π’Šπ’† π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅? Taken from an early age from her family in Scarif in the Outer...
11.9K 451 37
π•§π• π•šπ•• - a completely empty space "I'm trapped in the darkness." She whispered into his ear. His arms slipped around her waist, heart aching for h...