from Academy to Anbu by theri...

By Tanjastorm

read the story if you want to and not my original work. I just like the story and wanted an easier access to... More

chapter one
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Chapter 41

chapter 12

151 6 0
By Tanjastorm

At the Amory Plant…

Deidara was just going to keep flying over the building in the middle of nowhere as there wasn't many around to appreciate his art- and he really wasn't a 'mad bomber' as most of Iwa always claimed him to be- but then he spotted the infamous Jiraiya the toad sage. The thrill of such a fight had the ex-explosion corps captain drooling. Grinning at the fact that he could battle and then escape after he had his fun, Deidara shouted down at the man who would learn to appreciate his art…and the random ANBU joining him.

"ART IS AN EXPLOSION!" Deidara gave a cheeky grin as Jiraiya spotted him. As an introduction he released some clay spiders. Landing on the ground nearby, he shouted "Katsu!" and small explosions littered the ground. He didn't aim for the building he reconized as the armory because while Deidara was cocky, he wasn't stupid. Konoha might appear weak and forgiving to the civilian side, but Iwa knew.

Konoha was a sleeping giant. If the plant got damaged in his fun, Deidara would find himself being chased relentlessly by the strongest of the five.

So, he'd just lead them away and then make everything go kablooy.

Turning his bird slightly he flew off, smirking when the pair followed him, dodging his creations along the way.

With Naruto and Jiraiya…

"He's mocking us" Jiraiya growled in annoyance while batting away one spider before it set off. Naruto rolled his eyes behind his mask at the stupidity of Jiraiya's decision in the situation, following a potentially deadly enemy while letting the other ANBU stay behind as 'me and the gaki can handle it'- ludicrous.

"I, Deidara, will show you chumps the true meaning of art, un!" Was the distant call once they were a distance away from the plant.

Their formally mystery assailant began lazily circling them moments later, and the bombs were starting to become more deadly. Covering Jiraiya's behind while the man failed at making his few long range jutsu hit, a crazy idea hit.

"Jiraiya-sama, vault me up, Angel, let's try our wind combination two" Naruto spoke and motioned for Angel to hang on.

"Wait, what?" Jiraiya sputtered as he himself was about to summon Gamabunta but it was too late; Naruto channeled a burst of chakra to his legs, and ran up to the sannin, planting his feet on the back, before leaping high in the air. Once the ANBU reached a respectable height he went through multiple seals.

"Wind Style: Great break through" And a wild blast of wind was released towards the soaring clay bird. Angel, from atop Naruto's head, filled her lungs and blew. A steady but weak stream of fire barreled into the chakra enhanced wind gust, the flames spreading and managing to hit the bird on the tip. As the bird faultered, Deidara toppled off and his creation turned towards the human cat pair.

Normally, hell cat fire techniques were ineffective until adulthood, and Angel's were worse than most. Fire took a chunk of chakra and cats never had as much as humans. However, when a hell cat partners with a wind user- especially one who could created torrents of wind with a high D rank jutsu- that weakness is nullified.

"Hah! Take that pony tailed man" Angel crooned as their opponent fell towards the earth. Problem was, so were they.

"Shit" Naruto cursed. The only option to remain unhurt would be focus a Great Breakthrough at the ground then create shadow clones to catch their slightly slowed decent.

Of course, Deidara's bird had other plans than to allow that. It dive bombed them and Naruto's eyes widened when it started glowing.

"KATSU!" Deidara screamed and Naruto twisted his body while snatching Angel to his chest: he might die, but Angel could survive the blast. Summoning several shadow clones they piled on him to slightly cushion the attack. Waiting for the pain…that never came.

"What the?" Naruto muttered as his body was yanked away by a slimy tounge.

"Can't have my apprentice die too early. I, Jiraiya the valiant, will take it from here. This crazed small fry is of no importance." Jiraiya thumped his chest from atop an oversized purple toad. Both cat and boy sweat dropped, and Deidara followed soon, landing on a clay animal several feet away.

"Oi- don't dis my art!" The bomber said indigently. "Try this, un! My C 2 dragon!" As Deidara lands on a pile of clay animals, he puts a wad of clay between both hands. Soon, a massive dragon forms and roars, Deidara hopping on and aiming its snout towards Jiraiya and Naruto. The dragon opens its mouth and smaller versions burst forth in pursuit of the two. Other, smaller dragons emerge from the tail.

"Gaki, you and miss kitty distract those creatures while I take out the user." Jiraiya ordered seriously for the first time since Deidara mocked them into following. Naruto nodded and made several clones that took off around the field.

"Oh, girly man, I find your art so…childish." Naruto called and taunted cheekily. Deidara roared.

"You little brat- go, my children, turn the unbeliever into art, un!"

"Angel, hold on!" Naruto said as the dragons focused on them. Drawing his chukoto he cut several smaller bombs in half and rebounded off backwards in a single handed hand spring before they explode. Landing several meters he continues dodging. Four medium sized dragons congregate on the pair. At the same time the ground erupts from a hidden explosive.

"Yes! Taste my beautiful art- because all art is an EXPLOSION! KATSU!" The four go off as one and only a kawarimi with a shadow clone stops Naruto and Angel from becoming barbeque.

"Hey, you okay?" Angel asked after her ears stopped ringing. Naruto grunted and held his side.

"I should be fine, it's just a few ribs, but I hope Jiraiya does whatever he has planned soon." He muttered. Jiraiya and his toad had disappeared sometime during Naruto's 'distraction'. Creating several shadow clones all of the Naruto run through the hand seals "Wind style: Great Breakthrough" create a barrier from other clay bombs. Hundreds of booms surround the makeshift wind barrier. Angel covers her ears and Naruto shifts, ready for more. Deidara chuckles next to his now tiny left over dragon.

"You survived, eh? Then it's time to" A barrier rose up to stop the chakra flow and the crazy man collapsed in a heap, Jiraiya posing triumphantly from behind.

"Never fear, my young apprentice! The great Jiraiya the Gallant just saved the day! No one can stand against this handsome devil." Naruto rolled his eyes from behind his mask and limped over.

"You could have ended that before it even started Jiraiya-sama" The blonde groused. "Now I have to replace my armor, and Angel's ears are damaged- vet bills aren't cheap you bastard! You're paying for it" he demanded and pointed an accusatory finger at Jiraiya who was attaching several seals to Deidara's back.

"Shut it, gaki. Sure I could have knocked him out as soon as he landed but making seals capable of shutting down the explosion release takes time! It's not my fault you can't dodge worth a damn" Jiraiya said flippantly. Naruto prepared a come back when the other ANBU landed around them.

'We have secured the base.' Falcon signed. 'Orders, Jiraiya-sama?'

"Keep on alert. Me and the gaki have this bigger gaki under control. My spy network just got word of his defection, he'll be taken in for interrogation." Falcon nodded at Jiraiya's words.

'Safe journeys back' Falcon replied and the three disappeared once again. Naruto sighed as their chakra signatures left. Couldn't even say bye to me? Jerks.

Shut it, human. Your whining annoys me.

Sorry Kurama- hey! You're sounding better. Naruto thought happily. His sort of almost friend spoke to him without prompting in an almost civil tone.

Tsk. That fight was pathetic. Naruto sweat dropped. Maybe we're not improving after all.

"Toss me a prisoner scroll" Jiraiya's voice interrupted his musings. In a fluid motion Naruto threw the sage the roll and Deidara's body vanished inside. Surprised, Naruto caught it back. "I'm sending you back before me in case this was a premeditated attack. I'll add a few more barrier seals and clean up the evidence before meeting you in Konoha. Are you okay to travel?" Jiraiya looked mildly concerned at the side.

"Yes, I'll be fine." Naruto assured before holding out his hand.

"What?"

"Pay up. If you were quicker then Angel wouldn't have been hurt" With a growl Jiraiya tossed a purse of Ryo.

"That should cover the cost. You know, you're too protective of that cat- how do you expect her to be a partner if she can't fight? I thought hell cats were supposed to be masters in combat" Naruto bristled as he unsealed some bandages and wrapped Angel's ears.

"She isn't ready for this level of combat. One day she'll be stronger than any other of her kind. But until then I'll protect her. Now, good day and don't goof off on your way home" He spoke curtly before using several consecutive shunshins away.

Konoha, later…

Naruto landed in front of the gates the next evening, ribs still fusing together. Damn, why can't they heal faster? He mentally grumbled. Kotetsu noticed the ANBU entry but didn't try to make light conversation when he noticed Naruto carrying Angel.

"What happened?" Kotetsu asked, spotting the blood stains seeping through the bandages and Naruto's slightly burnt and ripped armor.

"Explosion- it's burst ear drum and a damaged one, she'll be fine after a visit to Hana." Naruto clipped while signing in. Honestly he would have sedated his partner and put her into a scroll but the cat glowered at him when he suggested it through sign. She was quite adamant to stay awake and alert, and Naruto didn't want to incite her ire later for such a minor injury.

"Oh, well good. Say, will you be at the next poker game in a couple of days? Gate duty is dull enough and watching you wipe the floor with newbies is always a joy!"

"Er…maybe" Naruto said after a moment. Though Kotetsu and Izumo were 'eternal chunin' they were actually jonin level in strength- a village couldn't trust weaklings to guard the gates. However, putting on a militaristic view didn't attract tourists and warned potential enemies. So, having two laid back, whining, but deceptively weak 'chunin' at the desk protected the village and kept Konoha's image of peaceful intact. Most jonin recognized this and put up with the pair for the various bar nights, poker games, and occasional party.

Izumo tried to add his two cents in but Naruto had already took off towards T & I before the first word was spoken.

Five minutes and a surge of his chakra for identification later Naruto was admitted to Konoha's interrogation and intelligence building. Figuring Ibiki would be the better choice to keep Deidara alive during interrogation he knocked on the infamous man's door.

"Come in" a gruff voice commanded. Peeping in he saw that Dragon was there as well, and Naruto stepped in quietly and stood at attention. "Oh, Mouse. What are you doing here?" Ibiki questioned. Naruto took out the scroll.

"Jiraiya-sama and I captured a recently missing ninja, Deidara of Iwa, after he arrived at the armory plant. Deidara has the explosion release and kinjutsu that augments it. Jiraiya-sama sealed away both his chakra and the kinjutsu after a brief battle." Dragon hummed.

"Tell me everything" Dragon ordered "This can count as your oral report."
Two hours later…

Hana had healed Angel's ears rather easily, though not before lecturing the pair on letting their guard down when in confrontations. Now the pair trudged up the stairs towards bed- well, really Naruto trudged. Angel just snoozed on his head- when Kakashi opened his door.

"Maa, Naruto, back from your mission?" He asked with an eye smile. Naruto glowered.

"No, I was just out for an evening stroll" he deadpanned while pointing to his uniform.

"Oh? Then you won't mind training my genin tomorrow, right? Great, thanks, all the jonin sensei are holding a joint training tournament tomorrow at noon in training ground three, and you can run the traps course!"

"Hell no" Naruto said immediately. "I'm off duty tomorrow, train your own brats, sempai!"

"Maa, maa, you ARE supposed to be helping to train them. I'll be… away tomorrow, so thanks for the favor, ja ne!" And he puffed away, no doubt to re enter his apartment from the window.

"Sigh, why me? Will I EVER get a day off?!" Naruto pulled at his hair. Entering his apartment he sets Angel down on the couch and plops down on the floor to undo his armor. A deep breathing from his room has a kunai already charged with chakra in his grasp. Creeping towards the door Naruto slides it open, eying the darkened room for intruders. What he found, though…

"HIKARU! Get the HELL out of my apartment!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

659K 17.7K 63
𝘈𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘒𝘡𝘦𝘧𝘢𝘭 𝘯π˜ͺ𝘨𝘩𝘡, 𝘺𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘧𝘦 𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦π˜₯. 𝘠𝘰𝘢 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘡π˜ͺ𝘯𝘢𝘦π˜₯ 𝘡𝘰 𝘡𝘳𝘒π˜ͺ𝘯 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘒�...
107K 3.9K 34
Kakashi x Reader You suddenly find yourself stuck in "Naruto's" world without knowing why, and were taken in by the Leaf village as one of the infamo...
73.6K 2K 62
(This story is getting edited!) I have the attention span of a small puppy. Pretty sure I would get a lot more reads if I put an actual description...
17.3K 612 12
I hope you guys enjoy this story. I wrote it in my Free! Amino and I just remebered that I was going to post it on here too, so... Here you go!