It All Began With This

By sgtabl_elle

i'll be better for you, my love and when time is right, i'll be sure to protect your heart at all cost -bea... More

prolouge
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15

chapter 12

213 9 0
By sgtabl_elle

Bea's pov

"beatriz be quick" dad shouted from downstairs.

he's my driver today. thankfully, he offered me a ride to the airport. at first i insisted because i thought i could do it on my own but later on he argued me and i can't do anything but to just agree with him.

best dad, indeed.

before walking downstairs, i double checked if i carried my important things with me. mom helped me pack all my things yesterday, its like she was more excited than me.

"gosh bea what took you so long" dad complained and hurriedly helped me with my things.

i followed him behind until we reach the car. i sat at the shotgun while dad was still stacking my luggage in the trunk.

Third person's pov

"beatriz ha, behave" tito elmer said as bea grabs her bag from him.

"dad naman im not a kid anymore" beatriz whined at her dad making him laugh.

he proudly looked at her daughter and smiled. he can't believe he raised an independent woman.

"sige na, i'll get going. have fun" his dad kissed her goodbye on the forehead before going back inside his car.

bea started walking when his father left already. a smile crept on her face when she already had a sight of her friends.

"you're late" deanna and tots scolded bea in sync.

"no you're just early" bea said making them roll their eyes.

bea turned her head around and met jho's eyes. she quickly avoided the stare and heavily exhaled in relief as she stood beside thirdy.

"she was staring at you since you came" thirdy whispered to bea.

she gave him a look of confusion.

"what?" she asked as she still doesn't get what thirdy is talking about.

"jho, she was seriously staring at you since you came" thirdy uttered.

bea looked at jho who was busy talking with her boyfriend and playfully smirked.

"i bet she was looking at me because i pulled my outfit really bad" bea smiled sticking her tounge out as she boastfully show off her outfit.

"no i think she was staring at you because you have a dirt on your face" tots butted in and laughed.

thirdy who heard tots, laughed along with her. they even bumped their knuckles together making bea's mouth half-opened. she was surprised seeing them together like they are close.

"oh gosh please don't tell me you two are now friends" bea groaned.

"bestfriends, even better" thirdy corrected bea.

"who's bestfriends?"

they all turned their heads to deanna who's now entering their circle.

"jho and bea. they are one heck of a bestfriends" tots teased again.

her joke earned a loud laugh from everybody. bea gave them a no expression look and made a face.

"you guys are the worst friends" bea stated.

thirdy was taken back with what she said.

"what? even me?" thirdy pointed himself.

"yes, even you sir" bea replied with no hesitation.

they all teased bea from different topics to jho topics. sometimes thirdy would side bea but most of the time, thirdy is the one who will start the teasing.

"that marci boy looks lonely over there" tots pointed marci with her lips.

they all turned their heads to marci who was doing something in his phone. jho wasn't with him since she's with the girls having a chitchats.

"hey deanna" bea tapped deanna's shoulder.

"why don't you be friendly and invite marci over here" bea was sincere. though she hates him, she still feel bad for the boy being lonely.

deanna confusingly looked at bea and scoffed.

"i don't like him to be honest" deanna admitted.

"really? that harsh?" thirdy butted.

"i don't like him either" tots added as she laughs.

bea looked at her friends with confusion written in her face. she wanted to know why all of a sudden they don't like marci.

"you all hate him? why?" bea finally asked.

tots and deanna gave each other a look before agreeing with each other with their eyes.

"earlier, nung wala ka pa, may tinanong ako kay jho kasi may pinapatanong sa akin si carly nun then all of a sudden nung matapos na akong makipag usap sakanya, marci acted weird and got all possesive with jho" deanna told them the whole same thing that happened earlier.

bea shook her head in disbelief as he looks at marci.

he may look cute but man, his personality is the total opposite of it... bea thought

"mas pipiliin ko pang maging si thirdy and jho kesa sakanila eh" bea said

"really?" thirdy surprisingly asked bea.

bea looked at him and giggled.

"no, i would seriously kill you if you and jho end up together" the joke of bea's earned silly side comments from everyone.

"parang kanina pa tayo nag hihintay dito ah, wala pa ba yung pilot deans?" bea impatiently said.

all of them were waiting for an hour and they've been informed that their pilot has not yet arrived.

"wala pa daw eh, baka nga hindi pa ata makapunta" deanna said

they all groaned and wiped their sweats.

"hey i can call our pilot. malapit lang sya dito" bea offered.

deanna thought if she agrees with it or not. she was too worried about the pilot she got, she didn't want to be a big bother to him.

she looked at all her friends and saw their tired, sweaty faces. she had no choice but to agree. even she, is already impatient.

bea excused herself to make a phonecall. jho eyed her as bea walked further. she missed the girl, she wanted to talk to her but she's afraid marci's all gonna get angry again.

she doesn't know a thing about why marci is like that. all she knows to herself is she's not liking any of it. she stared at bea for God knows how long.

whatever she does, her eyes can't help but to stare at bea. tall girl who's wearing white polo with two unbuttoned buttons at top part, paired with not so short shorts, bea.

"good new guys, our pilot is already on his way" bea happily said.

they thanked bea for all that she has done. its a big share to the group. 

"kalma guys, crush ko lang to" thirdy proudly showed off.

bea playfully slapped him in the shoulders but with a smile.

after a few minutes, bea received a text that they are all ready to go. her friends squealed and immediately entered inside the airport.

the process were all smooth until they reached their private airplane. bea removed her sunglasses to have a clearer view of the private plane.

"this is not bad" she mumbled under her breath.

"let's go bea" thirdy who passed by her dragged bea up until inside the airplane.

they were the last ones to arrive. bea was greeted with nostalgic and exciting feeling. she can't wait to spend all of her times with her friends.

bea and thirdy went to their respective seats. thirdy was beside the window and bea on her side. bea wore her sunglasses as thirdy didn't close the window.

as the plane started to move, thirdy opened her hand offering to nervous bea. she gave thirdy a look.

"just to ease you up" thirdy smiled.

bea smiled back and held thirdy's hand tightly as they take off. bea is still not used to airplanes, everytime that she and her family would go abroad, there was her mom and dad who would always hold her hands to make sure their daughter doesn't get scared.

bea laid her head on thirdy's well built shoulder as she felt tiredness. thirdy on the otherhand was all flattered with what he and bea was doing all the time. although he felt all those tingle in his stomach, he already accepted the choice of destiny chosen for them.

he also thinks that its better for the both of them to stay as good friends. he's already happy with the bond he have with bea.

____

"finally! that sitting numbed my butt" bea exclaimed as she walks down from the plane.

"yeah and my shoulders are numb because your head is so big" thirdy teased beside her.

she lightly punched thirdy's shoulder earning a groan and laugh from the other.

"kunwari ka pa eh nagustuhan mo din naman" bea fired back

thirdy could only mock her face since he knew to himself that it was all true. he'd never get tired of offering her shoulder everytime for bea.

a van awaited for the group. two vans to be exact. tots, ced and carly, deanna on the first van and on the other was thirdy, bea, jho and marci.

"ano ba marci. stop bothering me" jho grunted.

she removed marci's hand from holding her. marci looked at her, brows rosed. he felt slight anger pang in his heart, he couldn't get why jho is acting like that.

"kanina ka pa ganyan ah. what is your problem jho" marci calmly said but irritation was still evident in his voice.

jho was about to talk back but she remembered that there were people behind them. she swallowed the lump in her throat and kept her chins up.

"nothing" she simply answered

"anong nothing? tell me. i know something is bothering you" he firmly said

"bakit hindi mo itanong sa kachat mo?" she rolled her eyes.

"oh great. now this is all about me" marci snapped.

bea fixed her sitting position. she can now feel the tense embracing the car. whatever it is that's going to happen, she's not feeling good about it.

jho heavily exhaled and clenched her eyes closed as she tightly grip on the leather car seat.

"we'll talk later" jho calmly replied.

embarrasment washed over her, she felt like she just started a scene and even worse bea and thirdy were watching them the entire time.

marci scoffed before following it with his response.

"fuck that" he slammed his hands on his thigh.

worry, that's all bea felt for jho. she wanted to talk to her and tell her that everything is going to be all fine but she can't. one thing she also noticed about jho is how tight her grip is to the seat. a little bit more and it might rip.

once they arrived the hotel, as jho expected, marci stormed out of the van. she reached out for her luggages and brought it down.

before she can totally walk away, bea hooked her arms around her. she flinched with what bea did.

"you fine?" bea asked her dearingly.

"yes, thank you for asking" she flashed a smile

"im here jho, don't forget" she said double meaning.

but jho doesn't know a thing about that. she kissed jho's side forehead before finally loosening her arms.

jho started to walk leaving bea standing behind. she heavily sighed as she watches jho pull her luggage behind.

"she's gonna be fine" thirdy tapped her back.

bea looked at him trying to find more assurance. she somehow wants someone to tell her that jho is going to be fine repeatedly.

"you think so?"

"we'll do everything we can bea" he gave him a smile.

bea returned a smile and a thanks too. she's glad she has thirdy beside her.

"ano na, pasok pasok rin" carly stopped from walking and shouted at the two.

they both walked to their waiting friends and entered the luxurious looking hotel.

"wait here, me and tots will be just at the counter"
all of them nodded at celine.

bea walked to where jho is seating with the others behind her.

"hey where's marci" bea knew it was a sensitive topic for her right now but asked anyway.

jho pointed at marci who was busy talking with girls wearing bikini. bea sat beside her and rested her head at the luggage handle.

"you just let him do that?" bea sounded so disappointed

"you know him bei, he's always like that. baka magalit lang" jho heaved a sigh.

bea has no long patience like jho does. she's not the girlfriend but she felt more mad than her.

"no jho actually, i don't. i thought he's a nice guy? diba parang dati grabe ka sa mga standards mo then now" she looked at jho with all her disbeliefs written in her face.

"what happened?" bea softly asked.

jho didn't respond and just looked at her with teary eyes. she couldn't understand what's going on with her herself.

1st week she's been with marci, it was all good and great. he gives him flowers everyday even chocolates. but little weeks after, it wasn't the same anymore.

jho just got busy with her studies then it seems like marci gave up already. when she's with him, all marci does is text on his phone. she ignored it, even if she's suffering, because she still hopes for their relationship.

but all marci do is continue over and over again until she got used to it, she didn't had time for herself and some of that explains her lost of weight.

"jho please fix yourself. it hurts me seeing you at this state" bea's voice carcked.

even if jho wants to talk and explain, she swallowed all of those just for marci's sake.

"i'll be fine" she made sure to show the best smile she can.

as bea was still not conviced jho held her hand and squeezed it.

"ehem" marci tried to get their attention and he successfully did.

the two turned their heads up to marci. jho gave bea a look of assurance that she's fine and on cue bea left the seat.

"okay lang ba si jho?" carly asked bea who just stood beside her.

bea loudly sighed and crossed her arm.

"i don't know but hopefully she'll be fine sooner"

"true, i miss the jolly jhoana" deanna interjected

bea took a peek at the couple.

i'll patiently wait for you jhoana and this time i'll take care of you better than anyone did... bea thought and soon removed her eyes from the girl.

she and her friends who were standing next to her talked for awhile. all of their conversation was about why some of their friends couldn't come and some of it is about why they think marci is such a jerk.

it made bea hate him more- she knew there was something wrong with him, she had that feeling even before jhoana fell for him. but despite the fact that she's mad, she still can't help but to pity jhoana.

all the girl wanted was pure and geniuine love and it was the very opposite given to her. those things caused jhoana to question herself even when the sun shines brightly for her.

bea continued talking to carly and deanna until she got impatient. and then when she realized, she also wondered where thirdy is. the boy just suddenly disappeared from their sight.

she pulled up the handle of her luggage when her eyes caught tots and ced walking towards them- thirdy walking along with the two.

"what the hell took you so long?" bea complained.

"we had to argue with the girl, binigay ba naman sa iba yung room na binook natin" tots exclaimed in disbelief.

"alright so here's your room arrangement"

celine gathered all the room keys and started announcing one by one until the last pair.

"jho and bea, you two will be together"

celine handed them the key to jho as bea's eyes tries to find thirdy. when she successfully caught his eyes, she mouthed 'thank you' and the other says his welcome. 

she knows the boy has something to do with that.

_____

"oh no jho. there's only one bed" bea muttered as she was the first one to enter the room.

"so? its not like we're not used to sleeping behind each other"

bea's cheek flushed when she remembers their saturday cuddling nights. she always tries calming her heart when jhoana used to lay her head on her chest- she failed anyways, she thought that it'll be just more difficult stopping her feelings she has for the other.

jhoana flopped her tired body on the soft bed and rolled around like a kid. bea who was already unpacking her things, stared at her. she chuckled on how jhoana can act so much like a kid.

"bakit mo ako tinatawanan?" she raised her brows on bea.

"you're still childish" bea teased.

jho halfly opened her mouth and threw a pillow straightly at bea's face. it happened so fast, bea had no time to avoid the pillow so it impacted straightly into her nose.

"aray ko jhoana" she scrunched her nose

jhoana giggled when she realized how cute bea is while pinching her nose. she crawled all the way from the bed to bea.

she held bea's chin and lifted the girl's face up to see if it caused any damages. she slightly pushed bea's face when she caught her lowkey smiling.

"sira ka talaga kahit kailan beatriz"

jhoana felt embarrassed when her action reversed back on her. bea didn't mind it all though, she thought it was cute seeing a worried jhoana.

"but i stil got you, admit it" she teased the heck out of jhoana.

the two caught up with each other. lately life was not going well for jhoana and as for beatriz- well she was okay, despite the fact that she's still broken from her, she's all fine and having fun just talking with jhoana.

in someway, bea doesn't want the night to end. she wanted them to just be like that forever. talking about their lives, teasing, holding each other and even discussing about their pet's lives.

jhoana mentioned that she misses george and jacob. bea rosed her brow before pouting.

"what about phillips?"

"im sorry but he's too naughty for me" she sounded more like a child. 

bea gave her a laughing but unbelievable face. it made jhoana gave in.

"alright i guess i miss him too" jhoana said with sincerity.

she does miss the boy, it just wasn't something that popped up in her head. and to add up, she has a slight tampo to dog since he bit her. thankfully, it wasn't all serious.

"don't worry i'll train him more to behave"

jho dearingly smiled at bea. she knows her too well, she's always true to her words. even on the little things, bea would not let it pass.

they both fell in silence. their eyes were deeply staring at each others. clearly, both of it tells something that their mouths can't speak- well atleast not for now.

bea feels and bea knows, its still not the right time. she wants to wait till the other girl has completely moved on from his boyfriend.

if you're wondering why, bea wants to push jho to break up with the boy. it would take all her pride but she thinks, its not right for them anymore. she has never seen jhoana been so gloomy since jho and her boyfriend got together.

bea memorizes jho, she knows she has a forgiving heart. she's afraid that all of those good things would hold jhoana back from seeing all the bad things that's done to her. and it hurts her even more that it might break the poor girl's heart apart 

"come join me in bed"

bea was snapped back to reality when jho invited her. she took the girl's hand and climbed up to the bed.

they only took the half part of the bed since they were so close to each other. bea's eyes were glowing as she gaze the beautiful girl beside her. she was mesmerized by the natural beauty jho has.

jhoana felt bea's cold hand grasp through her not-so-burning but hot cheek. bea removed the hairs that was covering the latter's face and tucked it behind her ear.

few moments after that, jhoana soon felt the tiredness in her body. her eyelids kept getting heavier as she blinks.

bea cupped jhoana's cheeck with her one hand and said,

"sleep" she kissed the girl's forehead after that.

jhoana didn't felt scared once again when she closed her eyes. she peacfully slept as she knows bea was there to be with her. she was glad and somehow felt safe again.

all thanks to bea...

________

nakakamiss naman ang sobrang mag bestfriends

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 9.9K 53
maybe falling in love and hating someone was too easy started- jan6, 2017 ended- july 22, 2017 - - - thank you -soulitamed for my cover (: ©jacks_his...
47.2K 1.6K 32
Beatriz and Jhoana were best friends until they were not. Someone caught feelings and decided not to take the risk but rather dwell with the chance s...
65 10 4
❝even if it kills me, i'll never stop loving him.❞ [inspired by @hestiafan's book "rejection"]
9.1K 199 7