Top Dog (Garroth X Reader) [B...

fanficceteral द्वारा

Serenely, Y/N and Garroth had sworn to each other that they would stay away from drama sworn individuals like... अधिक

Before You Read
~1~
~2~
~3~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~

~4~

365 13 14
fanficceteral द्वारा

Your P.O.V

"-besides then we can get a look at all their new players and have an even greater chance of beating them in the boys versus girls game."

I don't think I'll ever truly know why Ellie always wants to practice with the boys, but she'll never let me forget it. Some practices are run by the coaches and some more unfortunate practices are run by the captains, Ellie loves to bother me at these particular practices. It wasn't necessarily hurtful to practice with the boys, but her reasoning was bad. When Pheonix Drop combined with Neopolitan High the softball team gained two girls, this was a small amount compared to the baseball team who I know for a fact gained eleven. Garroth was quite annoyed with this as most of them were underclassmen and according to Garroth 'have a mad case of egotism'.

"Garroth said none of the players from Neopolitan are very good. Most of them are on the junior varsity team." I said

"Ugh Garroth. What does Garroth know?" Ellie slumped her shoulders and over exaggerated her words. I glared over at her.

"I'd say quite a bit considering he's the captain." I laughed.

"Does that Nickel kid play baseball?" Ellie asked. She perked up quickly as she stood up straight and looked over at me with questioning eyes.

"How would I know?" I glared down at her,
although my boyfriend is the baseball captain and that might be information that I have.

"I don't know you talk to him more than I do." Ellie shrugged.

"What? How do I talk to him more than you do?" I laughed.

"You sit next to each other in math. Must be hard to notice the other people in class when you're sitting next to someone who looks like that." Ellie said, she turned away from me and forward towards the dugout that we were now approaching.

"It is not." I stated.

I definitely didn't know Ellie was in that class.

"He knew your name too." Ellie said.

"Yeah we have a few classes together. History, Math, and...P.E. I think. I don't know I didn't really talk to him in P.E."  I shrugged.

"Garroth must be jealous." Ellie stated, I wanted to laugh but she sounded totally and completely serious.

"What does Garroth have to be jealous for?" I asked. I looked down at Ellie as she swung the dugout gate open until it hit the fence wall.

"Nickel's like totally hot." Ellie said as she set her bag down and began grabbing her cleats to put on.

"Yeah, and Garroth's way hotter." I said

"Than who?" Skylar asked. She was sitting on the sand outside of the dugout slamming her feet into her shoes.

"Who's hotter Garroth or Nickel." Ellie asked.

Skylar looked as though she was debating the matter in her head before she answered simply.

"Laurance."

Every girl in school, without an exception, had at one point in their life had a crush on either Garroth or Laurance. It was pretty much a matter that divided the school in half, but now everyone was talking about Nickel.

"Disgusting, Laurance is even worse than Garroth." Ellie stated.

Other than Ellie, who was both anti-Garroth and anti-Laurance.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi."

I was slowly maneuvering my softball bag to lay down by my feet without my bat hitting the side of Garroth's car, which he would scold me for.

"Hi." I responded.

"How was practice?" He asked.

"Good." I stated, stepping into the car and sitting down carefully.

I looked over at Garroth for the first time as I shut the car door. He was in his practice clothes as well, although I already knew he wasn't at practice. With so many people joining the baseball team they were forced to have positional tryouts. Even with Garroth being the captain and the head pitcher he still had to compete in said tryouts, which he was not happy about.

"Do good at tryouts?" I asked.

Garroth rolled his eyes so hard I could barely see the color in them.

"I hope I get sat on the bench." He stated.

"Oh the agony. Having to go through tryouts even though you're so very clearly much better than everyone else." I reached my arm over and placed my hand on his shoulder as if giving sympathy.

"And I'm just so much better looking than all of them so really it's a double whammy." He sighed and looked over at me.

"You think so?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Yes I think so. What do you mean?" Garroth raised his eyebrows at me as well as his voice, sounding nothing but offended.

"Such an ego you have." I glared at him playfully and pulled my arm away from him.

"What? No I do-"

Garroth turned away from me slightly startled to look out his window and towards the person on the other side. Ellie was so short she barely had to bend down to look through the window of Garroth's, very, low riding car. Garroth stared at her for a moment before rolling his window down no more than an inch.

"What do you want from me?" He asked.

"You look homeless." Ellie stated, her voice somewhat muffled from the barrier that sat between us. She stuck two fingers through the small gap and moved them up and down.

Although Garroth was dressed completely normal for someone who had just gotten done with a practice I knew exactly what Ellie was meaning. Garroth was not the type of person to give a lazy appearance, even at baseball games when running and sweating. His hair was always neat and he was always dressed to the occasion, whatever it may be. I'm very certain I'm one of the few people to have seen him at his most vulnerable state, with messy hair.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Garroth asked. I watched him place his finger over the button and then roll the window up ever so slightly to squeeze Ellie's fingers in the window. She attempted to pull them out but after giving a verbalized 'ow' Garroth rolled the window down, this time all the way.

"Do you wanna have practice together." Ellie asked bluntly.

"Hell no. I do not want to have practice with you." Garroth stated. I laughed but he never looked over at me.

Ellie dropped her shoulders and sighed more dramatically than I realized she could.

"Why not. You get to see Y/N, and in sliding pants for that matter. Don't they hug the curves, or something." Ellie stated, throwing her arms forward.

I leaned forward instantly, getting to a better spot where I could see her, and I prayed she could see the glare I was sending her.

"Ellie!" I spat.

"What? He knows it's true." She turned her attention away from me and towards Garroth again, "Don't you only have, what, two classes together?"

It wasn't a question, Ellie knew for a fact Garroth and I only have two classes together. Right about now I was regretting telling Ellie anything about my life.

"That is true." Garroth said, he held one finger up an turned slightly to glance over at me.

"Garroth Ro'meave! Are you really that easily persuaded?" I asked, turning my glare towards him.

"What she's right." Garroth stated. He threw his hands up and looked towards me completely. He stared at me for a moment before turning back to the window. "Ellie there's like, a lot of guys on the baseball team."

"So?" Ellie furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Like thirty-seven." Garroth said. It was an excessive amount of players for one team, and something Garroth complained about often.

"Thirty-seven!" Ellie practically shouted.

"I don't even wanna have practice with all of them let alone all of you." He said.

Ellie looked at him, clearly noticing her plan was failing.

"But-but what about Y/N." Ellie asked, she flailed her arms around and then towards me.

"Ah ah ah I know when I'm being trapped. And I can tell you confidently that this is a trap." Garroth stated, he placed his pointer finger on the window button one more time and began rolling it up.

"Garroth!" Ellie called.

"Bye Ellie." Garroth stated, most likely not loud enough for her to hear.

He placed his hand on the gear shift and put the car into drive to quickly I questioned if his goal was to try and run Ellie over.

"Why's she always wanna have practice together anyway? She like someone on the team or something?" Garroth asked. Despite how fast he had moved to put the car in drive he turned the car around in the parking lot at a reasonable speed.

"I don't think so." I said, "Is Nickel on the baseball team?"

"No. Is she into him?" Garroth asked, he never looked over at me but I could see him furrow his eyebrows at the road.

"I don't know." I said honestly, "She called him hot."

It wasn't Ellie's exact words, but it could be assumed.

"So? You did too." He said, it wasn't often that Garroth got any sort of tone with me, but now he definitely had.

"I did? When did I call Nickel hot?" I asked.

"This morning. You said, and I quote, 'I would remember a face like that.'" Garroth stated.

I smiled as I remembered this morning when I did in-fact say that, and Katelyn joined in.

"Oh I see, so Ellie was right, you're jealous." I said, he still wasn't looking at me but I was smiling over at him.

"Jel- I am not jealous." He said, glancing at me for a split second and then back at the road.

"Okay Gar." I laughed and reached over to place my hand on his leg.

"I'm not. What do I have to be jealous of?" He glared over at me for longer than safe while driving.

"I don't know. You tell me." I stated, staring over at him as he turned back towards the road.

"I'm not jealous." He said, "I have you."

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
Reborn BunnyTaeil द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

343K 16.5K 77
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
468K 16.8K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1M 18.3K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...