Harry Potter: Heart Of A Myst...

Por WinterWolf-99

Sirius Black is the father of all godfathers and he will do anything to prove it. He knows that his godson ne... Más

Chapter One: The Nature Mage
Chapter Two: Some Sirius Thoughts
Chapter Three: Crashing An Order Meeting
Chapter Four: Picking Up Harry
Chapter Five: Harry Arrives
Chapter Six: Forming A Plan
Chapter Seven: Godfather-Godson Bonding
Chapter Eight: Heart Of... No... Flower Of Gold
Chapter Nine: Setting The Plan In Motion
Chapter Ten: I Hate Politics
Chapter Eleven: Olivia Showing Who Is Boss
Chapter Twelve: First Sign Of Powers
Chapter Thirteen: Change Of Weather
Chapter Fourteen: Birthday Blow Up
Chapter Fifteen: A True Friend
Chapter Sixteen: Preparing To Leave
Chapter Seventeen: We're Going On A Trip
Chapter Eighteen: A Lesson On Mystic Souls
Chapter Nineteen: Arriving At Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty: Touring Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty-One: Mystic Souls Aplenty
Chapter Twenty-Two: New School New Houses
Chapter Twenty-Three: Every Rose Has Its Thorns
Chapter Twenty-Four: Do Not Mess With A Rose
Chapter Twenty-Five: Legacies
Chapter Twenty-Six: Some Sirius Progress
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Storm Is Coming
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Once Is A Coincidence, Twice Is Magic
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unblocking The Block
Chapter Thirty: Breaking The Block
Chapter Thirty-One: The Start of Something New
Chapter Thirty-Two: What Else Can I Do
Chapter Thirty-Three: Control The Storm
Chapter Thirty-Five: Light And Dark Debate
Chapter Thirty-Six: How A Mystic Fights
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Olivia Is The Best Lawyer Ever
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Padfoot & Boreas
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dealing With The Bumblebee
Chapter Forty: Potion Commotion
Chapter Forty-One: Cutting The Strings
Chapter Forty-Two: No Apologies
Chapter Forty-Three: Creature Feature
Chapter Forty-Four: Order of the Fried Chickens
Chapter Forty-Five: A New Teacher And Friend
Chapter Forty-Six: Mystic Spark
Chapter Forty-Seven: Might Of A Hurricane
Chapter Forty-Eight: Power of the Mind
Chapter Forty-Nine: All Hallows' Eve Introduction
Chapter Fifty: A Sacred Sabbat
Chapter Fifty-One: Reunion
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Attack
Chapter Fifty-Three: Never Mess With Crystal Rose
Chapter Fifty-Four: Olivia Rocks The Court
Chapter Fifty-Five: Heart of the Storm
Chapter Fifty-Six: A Sirius Confrontation

Chapter Thirty-Four: First Real Day As Crystal Rose Students

4.9K 210 37
Por WinterWolf-99

Harry did not know what to expect when it came to the new classes he would be taking at Crystal Rose. He was aware that there were classes that would be similar to the ones at Hogwarts, but most of them would be new. Plus, even for the ones similar to Hogwarts classes, he knew that they would still be different. After all, they would actually have good teachers this time. Or, at least that is what Harry hoped.

Potions and Mythology & History were the two classes that he really wanted to see be better than they were at Hogwarts. After all, Potions class was a complete nightmare for anyone not in Slytherin. And History of Magic was basically nap time. Not even the most knowledge-loving of Ravenclaws are able to stay awake in his class.

Since he was aware of how the teacher for Potions was also the older sister of Abby and Kryo, two friends of Krinos and Melody, he hoped that she did not play favorites. Since Krinos and Melody did not warn him about her, he figured that she was a good teacher. He knew the twins well enough to know that they were both very honest people and they would only keep a secret if they thought someone would hurt another if the secret was known. Such as how they were keeping Harry's powers a secret because of those like Dumbledore and the British ministry. They would definitely do something to him if they were aware of Harry being a mystic soul.

And when it came to a real history class, Harry was definitely hoping for two things. One, to actually learn something rather than just sitting there and falling asleep. And two, that the teacher was not a ghost since he still was confused about how Binns was able to grade papers when he was like that. The only thing that class was is a waste of time. 

But probably the thing that Harry was hoping for the most would be that he did not lose control of his powers during class. Sure, he was able to calm down his snowstorm, but he had no practice in actual situations where he could lose control. Such as if any of the other Hogwarts students caused problems. And by Hogwarts students, he was really thinking of Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Malfoy, or any other of the bullies that run around Hogwarts and go unpunished for their actions.

After he got up, he became really thankful for how the dorms a Crystal Rose were. All the students had everything they needed in their own rooms rather than having to share. Their own wardrobes and closets rather than keeping everything in their trunks, their own bathrooms for extra privacy, and just generally having their own rooms. Harry was used to being alone, so it had been hard for him to have dormmates at Hogwarts. Plus, Ron's snoring was hated by everyone because it kept them all awake while he slept like a log.

As he got dressed, Harry also smiled at how he no longer needed to wear a uniform. All the different clothes that the students wore made the school stand out even more. Seeing the students from all over the world wearing clothes that represented their countries and cultures, not to mention their own personal styles, was incredible. And since Sirius had given him his brother's old clothes that actually fit him, he did not have to worry about looking bad by wearing Dudley's very oversized stuff. Plus, Sirius also added some of his own stuff from when he was Harry's age. And that all fit him as well. Though, Harry suspected that the clothes had some type of charm or spell on them in order to make them fit whoever was wearing them.

From his wardrobe, he chose one of Sirius's old blue silk shirts. Even as a Gryffindor, Sirius surprised Harry by telling him how his favorite color was actually blue. He also wore a pair of his old black pants. He also put on a pair of Regulus's old silver dragon-hide boots. He tried to tame his hair, but it proved useless as usual. The last thing he put on was a pair of Sirius's old gray leather cuff bracelets that had lion designs on them.

As he went down into the dorm common room, there were already a lot of Crystal Rose students already there and ready to head to breakfast. Harry went over to where he saw T'challa, Hawk, and White.

"You excited for class, Harry," T'challa asked him.

"Anything can be better than the classes at Hogwarts," Harry tells him.

"It can't be that bad," White says. "I know that wand-users are far behind mystic souls, but Hogwarts is said to be the best school in the world for wand-users."

"That is only because you have probably only heard that from British wizards," Harry said. "But, in my experience, I have had classes with a ghost that puts his students to sleep, a Potion professor that bullies three-quarters of the school, Defense Against The Dark Arts teachers that are actual dangers to their students, and a Divination teacher that constantly predicts my death every time she sees me."

That information made the three mystic souls go speechless. They had never heard of anything like that happening at any school. Yeah, there are schools that may have questionable things happening within their walls, but the things that Harry was saying were beyond shocking.

"I don't think I have ever been this shocked about another school before," White says.

"Why on earth and how on earth can all of that happen," Hawk was so shocked. "And in a school of all places."

"Just as I told you, the school is not as good as British people make it seem," Harry tells them. "Especially since I started going there. I call it my 'Potter Luck.' Most of the Defense teachers did try and kill me. Even when I had been eleven."

"Okay, I know that we fight demons that go after anyone no matter their age, but that is just really messed up," White said.

"The only time that we have ever had any problems with our teachers was when they were either possessed or corrupted by a demon," Hawk says. "But, at least we know that their actions are not their own."

"Can't say the same for my teachers," Harry crossed his arms. "Especially Snape since he probably has been a bully since his first day of teaching."

"You also said that your Divination teacher always predicts your death," T'challa raised an eyebrow.

Harry nodded. "Yeah."

"Divination can't even be taught," T'challa said. "You either have the gift to see the future or you don't. There is no way to actually teach it. Sure, tarot cards and tea leaves can still be used, but those only really work with gypsies and Wiccans."

"Wand-users," Hawk rolled his eyes. "Not a bit of logic or reason in them. I wouldn't be surprised if they believed that ridiculous rumor around the magical world that claims that there is no way to use magic to create edible food."

"I am liking you guys more and more every day," Harry laughed.

He may be British, but that did not mean he did not love hearing them all roast the British magical community. After all, it was not like they were saying anything that was actually wrong. He only took Divination because he was still a love-starved kid that wanted to do things that he thought would keep him liked by his so-called friends. So, he just signed up for the same classes as Ron did. 

Fred and George had been trying to get him to show his brain power and his love of learning for years. And now, they were finally going to get their wish.

*****Time Jump Brought To You By My Lack Of Desire To Write A Breakfast Scene (LOL)*****

Harry nearly skipped as he made his way to his first class with T'challa, Hawk, and White. The three of them all thought he was adorable as he acted like that. It was no wonder why Krinos and Melody were already so fond of him when he really was an adorable kid at heart. Harry really did have a way of sneaking into the hearts of those around him and making them all care about him. Only those that were truly heartless were not affected by Harry's loving nature. ***Cough*** Snape *** Cough***

The first class that they would be going to would actually be Potions. Harry could not help but be worried. After all, as much as he tried to prepare himself, he knew that making potions was not his strong suit. Plus, he still had to worry about Snape.

The teachers at Hogwarts were also taking part in the field trip by being in the classes that relate the most to their own. It would be a way for the teachers to compare their teaching styles as well as what they actually teach to what goes on at Crystal Rose. Though, it was also Dumbledore's way of spying on the Crystal Rose teachers to see which ones he would try to recruit to his cause.

Though, already Harry could tell that this Potions class was going to be different. For one thing, they were not in any dungeon. The area of the school that the classroom was in actually seemed to be near the greenhouse. Plus, it was not dark or gloomy but had a sense of warmth to it. It was a pretty big classroom with rows of tables with cauldrons already on them. The walls were also lined with shelves with dozens upon hundreds of potion ingredients on them. But the best part was the fact that the roof was a glass dome with multiple windows of it open. That way, the potion fumes could escape and not be trapped in the classroom. There were also plants growing around the walls as well.

Professor Gold was already in the classroom when everyone walked in. The teachers, while looking more professional, also did not have a uniform to wear just like the students. She was blond like both of her younger siblings, but her hair was long and straight while also being tied into a long braid. She wore an elegant white A-line dress that went down to her knees. Around her waist was a sliver belt, matching the silver wedge-heel boots on her feet. And over her dress was a bright blue jacket with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. She was obviously one of the youngest teachers in the school.

Snape soon made his own appearance after all the students got into the classroom. He glared at Harry before standing near Professor Gold's desk. She obviously noticed what he did, but she did not say anything. She smiled at all her students, the class being with both Winter Wolf and Mermaid.

Melody smiled at Harry from her seat next to him. She had sat there when everyone had come in. It was very easy to see that the students were definitely more used to house unity than Hogwarts was as everyone was mixing up who they sat with rather than just remaining with their own house.

"Welcome to the first Potions class of the year, students," Crystal said as she smiled at everyone. "For those of you visiting from Hogwarts, I am Professor Crystal Gold and I will be teaching you Potions this year. Now, let me start off the class as I do with every other first class that I have at the beginning of the year. With a review of potion safety."

That was definitely a shock to the Hogwarts students. They never were taught anything to do with safety when making potions. Any mistakes made were only met with scolding and punishment from Snape. He never would tell them what they did wrong or how to avoid it. 

"Just relax," Melody whispered to Harry. "You will get the hang of these classes sooner or later. Just give it time."

Harry nodded at her, thankful for the calming words. Especially since he did not want to cause any rain inside the classroom with his nervousness.

"First question," Crystal started the mini-quiz. "What are two ingredients that should not be mixed?"

She called on Hawk.

"Wrath essence and black poppy," he answered. "When mixed together, those two ingredients cause an explosion that unleashes toxic smoke."

"Correct," Crystal says. "Does anyone else have an example of two ingredients that should not be mixed together?"

She called on White.

"Eye of newt and burdock root," he said. "The last time those two ingredients were used together, the brewer's entire potion's lab was blown up by the explosion that the ingredients caused."

"Correct," Crystal says. "When making potions, one of the most important things to know is the relationship that some ingredients have with each other. That is the reason why when potions are first created, the ingredients that are used are what make them work. Such as when making a sleeping potion, you can not use things like lemon or limes because they are naturally sour. They are more used for energy potions. Now, who can tell me what is one of the most dangerous potions to make?"

She chose Melody.

"The vanquishing potions for upper-level demons," she answered. "Not only are they more dangerous because the ingredients can cause powerful backlash when added to the potion, but the ingredients themselves are also very hard to get as well."

"And for our guests, would you mind telling them why they are so hard to get," Crystal almost looked smug as she requested that.

Melody was slightly smirking as she answered. "It is because the main ingredient of vanquishing potions for upper-level demons is the actual flesh from the demon."

That certainly got the Hogwarts students to all gulp. None of them have ever met a demon before, but they certainly had heard a lot of things because of overhearing casual conversations about them that the Crystal Rose students would have. Demons sounded really dangerous, so the idea of actually going near one of them enough to get a piece of flesh completely terrified them.

Professor Gold continued to quiz all of the students on the basics of potion safety. The Hogwarts students were actually shocked that so many things could actually go so wrong while brewing. Sure, they had seen plenty of disasters during their classes, but that was really because of the constant sabotage of the Slytherin. They knew that potions can go wrong, such as the number of times where Neville's cauldron has either exploded or melted, but now they actually knew how people could actually die from poorly made potions.

Harry could not help but also steal glances at Snape every once in a while as Professor Gold was teaching them. He definitely looked to be agitated because his own horrible teaching methods were being thrown at him while Professor Gold was not even trying. There were a few of his own Slytherins in Mermaid. So, seeing them look at him with questioning looks while they were being taught by Professor Gold must have really made him mad.

After all, he never taught any of them safety. Even his own Slytherins were practically left on their own during class. He really was a horrible teacher. They were all seeing it while finally having a good Potions class.

Professor Gold assigned them a simple potion to start with so that they could test out the waters and see how much they could need to catch up the Hogwarts students when it came to their potion knowledge. After all, they had to be behind Crystal Rose since wand-user schools were always beyond mystic soul schools. They were just not as prepared when it came to the more difficult potions that the magical world has to offer. So, Professor Gold assigned them the Stun Potion. It was a potion meant to stun an opponent similar to the Stupefy spell.

"Your teacher is really good," Harry tells Melody while they were working on their potion.

"Professor Gold may have only been teaching for a few years after our previous professor was killed by demons, but she is loved by everyone," Melody tells him. "She may have two siblings as students, but she never once showed favoritism to them or anyone else."

"That is certainly a change from my Potions class back at Hogwarts," Harry says.

"That man certainly has not stopped glaring at you pretty much since he entered the room," Melody stole a glance at Snape.

"That's the nicest thing that he has ever done when around me," Harry said.

"You have got to be kidding me," Melody raised an eyebrow.

"I wish that I was," Harry said.

"Can it really be that..." Melody was cut off.

"Do try and actually pay attention to your potion, Potter," Snape seemed to materialize in front of Harry and Melody's table. "Maybe if you actually paid any attention to what you were doing, you would not be such a horrible excuse for a student. Not that I really expect you to do that with how arrogant you are."

"Mr.Snape," Crystal glared at the greasy-haired man as she walked over when she heard that. "That is no way to talk to a student."

"I am simply trying to keep his arrogance from causing a disaster as he does back in my own classroom," Snape glared back at her.

"Expect that Mr.Potter has done nothing to earn your very unprofessional treatment," Crystal argued with him. "As long as he and Miss.Gardna are working on their potion, which you both are doing very well, then they are allowed to talk to each other. It is only a problem if their conversation disturbs the other students. And since it is obviously not, you will leave Mr.Potter alone."

Her eyes flashed blue just to show that she was definitely not messing around when it came to her words. 

"You do not know Potter as I do, so you need to stay in your lane while I stay in line," Snape snapped at her.

"Mr.Potter is currently one of MY students," Crystal returned the snap. "So, he is in my lane. How about you just stay in your lane, which I hope is very far away from here. You do not have the same authority that you have at your school. So, I suggest you listen to me before I show you what a real cold shoulder looks like."

Her eyes glowed again as the room also became colder because of her powers. Snape basically stomped off as if he was a child throwing a tantrum. He just stood by the desk again, glaring at Harry. Professor Gold rolled her eyes at the unprofessional behavior. She then walked to another student that raised her hand to ask a question.

"Your teacher rocks," Harry tells Melody.

"I know," Melody giggled.

They continued to work on their potion while also talking about random stuff that they want to. Such as their favorite music, favorite food, as well as Harry's progress in learning to control his powers. Things were pretty calm... until.

BAM!

Everyone turned as they saw the potion that Megan Jones and Susan Bones were working on had exploded. Their cauldron also broke from the force and the potion was spilling out onto the floor. Everyone acted instantly to stop themselves from getting ruined shoes and burned feet because of the potion. They were either on their stools, or floating in the air, and there was even one boy that had actually jumped onto the wall where he was actually sticking to it.

Professor was quick to act. She aimed her hand at the cauldron and potion, blasting it with her ice magic. It instantly all froze. She then went over to check on the two girls.

"Oh, you poor dears," she said. "You must have added the ginger before the mandrake root by mistake. A common error. Let's get you both to the infirmary and healed. White, do you mind?"

"Not at all, professor," the nature beast mage said as he guided the girls out the door.

The Hogwarts students were speechless at what they just witnessed. Not their new teacher's powers, but how she reacted to what had happened. She did not scold Susan and Megan, she comforted them and also told them what they did wrong. Snape never did either of those things. None of them could actually believe that a Potions class could actually be this good. And yet, it was all happening right in front of them.

"Seriously, she rocks," Harry said again.

Melody giggled again, though she was definitely going to be asking more about Snape in the future. Though, she could already tell that she was probably going to be tempted to use her sonic scream on him when she hears what Harry tells her.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

6.6K 436 21
A young boy eager to break tradition. Another just wanting to be loved. What happens when, not only their paths cross, but become one?
861K 23.7K 34
It's post war and Harrison 'Harry' James potter is depressed. He's depressed that all these people gave up their lives for him. So in his sleep he ju...
448K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...
204K 5.1K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...