AFFLICTION

By kethzu

***** Dark Romance "I'll inflict every bit of pain in you. You saw what's being loved by me was like. It's t... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
1 ~ [The Past Is Indelible]
2 ~ [The Fears I'm Hiding]
3 ~ [He is back!]
4 ~ [Before It's Late]
5 ~ [Will Everything Be Fine?]
6 ~ [Happier Than Before?]
7 ~ [Those Grey Eyes]
8 ~ [Soon Mine!]
9 ~ [Real or Surreal?]
10 ~ [Not Hallucination]
11 ~ [Don't Come Near]
12 ~ [Not So Sobber?]
13 ~ [Rescue Me]
14 ~ [Still Alive?]
15 ~ [The Same Fear]
16 ~ [Mystifying Question]
17 ~ [Endure More]
18 ~ [The Devil Himself]
19 ~ [His Real Self]
20 ~ [A Thing Called Love]
21 ~ [Helpless And Impotent]
22 ~ [Terrified Of The Demon]
23 ~ [Fuel To His Fire]
24 ~ [His Dominance]
25 ~ [Scared Of The Fate]
26 ~ [Why Him Again?]
27 ~ [That Devilish Grin]
28 ~ [Peace In My Agony?]
29 ~ [Love Means Destruction]
30 ~ [Intensified Gaze]
31 ~ [Superficial Love]
32 ~ [Blemish My Day]
33 ~ [Trepidation In Your Eyes]
34 ~ [Sereneness of Heart]
35 ~ [Simmer Down]
36 ~ [Only If I Knew]
37 ~ [Losing My Sanity]
38 ~ [Demolish And Wreck Her]
39 ~ [He Feels Poisonous]
40 ~ [Never Letting You Go]
41 ~ [Agitation Flamed My Soul]
42 ~ [A Very Catastrophic Portion]
43 ~ [Frantic With Petrification]
44 ~ [Unexpected And Anticipated]
45 ~ [Can I Ever Hate Him?]
46 ~ [What's Weakening Me?]
47 ~ [Hangover Owing To Him]
48 ~ [Haunting My Nights]
49 ~ [Ache Throbbled me]
50 ~ [Encaged In Nightmare]
51 ~ [Is it Palatable?]
52 ~ [Left With Heartache]
53 ~ [To My Misfortune]
54 ~ [Drunk And Dazed]
55 ~ [I Want Her Back]
56 ~ [I Can't Lose You]
57 ~ [Despise, Loathe and Hatred]
58 ~ [The Ominous Feeling]
59 ~ [I'm Sealed His]
61 ~ [My Perfect Hell]
62 ~ [Portrayal of New Disaster]
63 ~ [A Dark Yet Mysterious One]
64 ~ [Words Lie, Eyes Don't]
65 ~ [Distant Yet So Close]
66 ~ [Unravel My Emotions]
67 ~ [Heartfelt Infatuation]
68 ~ [Your Lies]
69 ~ [Love Is You]
70 ~ [Remorse And Pain]
71 ~ [Beginning or End]
72 ~ [Say You Love Me]
73 ~ [This Love]
74 ~ [Did I Lose Her?]
75 ~ [This Can't Be Him!]
76 ~ [A Grave Sin]
77 ~ [Make Me Bleed]
78 ~ [Hurts So Bad]
79 ~ [Till my last breath]
80 ~ [Love Is Affliction]
Epilogue

60 ~ [A Perfect Facade]

3.1K 107 51
By kethzu

AZEZAL POV

My fists thumped on the punching bag ceaselessly on repeat. It's been an hour but I'm still restless. Two punching bags are already diminished down due to my non-stop, severe torment on them.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck" I knocked it off completely smashing it down with the last punch. My fury isn't helping anywhere with the situation.

Removing the boxing wraps from my bandaged hands, I threw them across the room and rubbed my hand down my stressed, sweaty face. Frustrated.

"Boss" All of my men instantly lined up infront of me the exact moment I stepped inside. Their eyes are low due to shame and fear. Shame of not being able to do their duty accurately. Fear of what they are expecting to get in return from me. My second in command man, Remor stepped forward, facing me "He is dead."

My eyes hanged on the lifeless, unmoving body. I remained tranquil and composed observing everything. There were injuries on his body as if he tried to fight against the opponent when he was being attacked at. Blood on the back of his head which clarified he has been hit with something really hard when he tried to resist. There was a bullet injury too in his left hand.

"How?" My eyes trailed to Remor, my second hand man for explanation, after taking in the situation. My hands clenched into fists, my blood boiled with anger and fury but I maintained my calm posture.

"Boss, Whoever did this knew Levi was in our captive and he did this with a motive. He knew your wedding venue will be well guarded, still he planned to attack there to grab the attention there and so that he could clear this place. It was a dual attack on two different places. He knew as it's the wedding venue, even after the place is guarded, saving the guests and family will be the top priority. As attack here was totally unexpected this place was least secured and when he got a chance and saw a narrow escape here he did everything accordingly. Killing Levi was the main motive of the plan as far investigating the case has been reached us."

"Where was the security at that time?" I asked and my jaw clenched, my demeanor cold.
"2 of them are dead and some others are injured as well. Protecting the venue was our top priority, when there was a sudden attack, many more were sent there, to ensure safety and this happened."

Everything was well planned. I didn't keep Levi in my other torture chambers cause I didn't want to do anything to him. I just bought him for some specific reasons and after I was done I was about to release him. But Who could it be? Who could know this? Only a selective number of my trustable men were under the supervision. I have enormous enemies but who could know about my secretive past and perform this act? A murder attempt on Levi ensures whoever did this knew everything cause killing Levi will not give anything great to anyone.

Someone is there who knows and is trying to separate me from Leera and erasing our possibilities of being together.

It's 6 in the morning now. I didn't sleep the entire night. I didn't even get back to my room in my own nuptial night. After coming back home almost 2 hour back, I engaged myself with work as I'll leave for Italy the next night. So I needed to set everything as I had bussiness deals and stuff pending to get sorted here before I go to Italy. Hence I had to spent hours in my office instead of spending the night with my sleeping wife. Anyway there was no sleep in my eyes.

Work isn't the only reason or motive for going to Italy now. I have decided to settle there until everything is tranquil and safe here. A safe city for her to live in. I need to make sure who is attempting all these. I can't keep Leera here alone when I'm away cause I can't believe anyone else enough to protect her. I can't take any further risk with her. And after the situation with Levi it won't be anywhere good for her to stay here to eventually face the truth and get traumatized. I know what's the condition of her mental health and I can't even imagine to make it more worse or complicated. I know it too that she won't like the idea of staying in Italy but she has no other option rather than agreeing to what I say. I don't like forcing her but knowing no other alternative I'm compelled to do so.

Whatever happened in our wedding won't get to Leera's ears and I have made sure of it. I alerted everyone in the family too not to mention about the attack in our wedding infront of her, telling them the physiologist asked her to keep her mind care and tension free. So she won't be able to take much stress. And I'll make sure the news doesn't reach to her.

Everyone was safe at the wedding venue, it was only an attempt to drift our attention. As far Leera should know she will know, but I don't want extra things in her mind now which will effect her more. As to her knowledge, she should only know we got married infront of the world, we are lawfully a married couple. And as she fainted our marriage ceremony was held short. Rather than that everything was crystal clear fine. I was sure someone mixed something in her drink that made her faint due to dizziness but everyone believed it was due to weakness.

Darting out of the gym, I made it to my bedroom and opened the door. My eyes instantly landed on my wife, who looked so peaceful while sleeping. I came inside and closed the door behind me.

After staring at her for almost 10 seconds, I drifted my eyes off her which pained me and darted towards the bathroom against my will. I turned on the shower and my palms remained calm on the wall as I leaned in onto them. Chill water rushed down my burning head.

Who has been behind this act, has to pay very severely for this. This bastard has no fucking clue what game he is playing with exactly who.

I wrapped a towel around my waist when I was done showering and just at the time I was about to step out of the shower, the bathroom door opened. She appeared, her puppy soft eyes met mine for a mere second and then she instantly averted her eyes from my direction. I remained still in my place watching her get inside and halt infront of the wash stand. She turned on the tap and splashed water on her face, ignoring my presence. Well ofcourse I ain't disturbed at the fact how she jerked inside while I was showering in the washroom but I'm disturbed at the fact how she is acting as if I don't even exist here.

"We will be going to Pavano Mansion for a family breakfast within an hour and I expect you to dressup well cause we are supposed to attend a press conference today after breakfast." I utterled straightly, trying to grab her attention. It sounded so casual as if this isn't the first time we are talking after our marriage.

I waited for a reply but instead my face heated up as I watched her pulling her cloth off her body. That's when I noticed she was actually wearing my tshirt and shorts which were oversized for her petite body. I left her in the wedding gown last night, that means she woke up in the middle of the night and thought to change into something comfy. Finding no clothes of other than mine here she decided to wear my clothes and I loved the fact that she wore my clothes.

She is just in her white lacy undergarments now as she pulled off her pant too and I kept staring at her involuntarily, unconcious of my own thoughts. "Are you going to watch me shower now?" Her voice captured my attention and my eyes met her fierce hazel brown orbs through the mirror.

"Or are you thinking about consummating our marriage here, right now?" Her brows arched up in a mocking manner. My eyes narrowed with confusion at her words.
"Regretting after leaving your wife alone in your nuptial night after forcing her into a marriage?" She sneered. Derision evident in her voice and sarcasm ragged the way she spoke. But surprisingly none of it agitated me.

I didn't choose to respond to any of her remarks, rather I calmly uttered, "Your dress will be sent here. I wish to see you down within an hour". My eyes scanned from down to up, the curves of her body flashed infront of my eyes, my hands almost ached to embrace her. Our stares locked again one last time and I could literally feel the heat and lust that grew inside me so bad with the slightest sight. Just that, with no other words I stepped out of the shower area and bolted out cause if I stood there a second longer I would have lost it.

I got dressed in my casual attire - formal suit, tie and pant. Then I had to get myself busy in work again but all the while she was in my head. I couldn't focus cause her thoughts completely trapped my mind. I tried going through some important company files but miserably failed and had to take a few calls where I got distracted so easily that I needed to tell them to repeat their words. In the middle of my talking someone knocked at the office door. I uttered a cold, frustrated "come in".

I hate interruption during work but now I hate interruption when I'm busy thinking about her, terming it as my foremost work now.

A maid appeared at the door step, her eyes down, her legs practically shaking due to the amount of petrification she is feeling to be here in front of me, at this moment. As if I'm going to kill her if she utters a word wrong.

"Hold on" I said on the phone, although I wasn't really listening to whatever the other person was spilling over the call, only giving my approval when necessary cause I was drowned in some other essential thoughts. I waited for her to speak what she was here for. "Sir, Ma'am demanded for her own luggage. Am I allowed to give it to her?"

"She is provided with everything necessary. Tell her she doesn't need it" I ordered to arrange everything necessary for her just this morning and hopefully she got everything by now.
"Sir, I tried to convince her but she still wants her luggage. She said she has some personal stuff there and she wants it"
I didn't give it a second thought and agreed. "Give her anything she wants if she insists that much"

Sitting on the sette in the living area for the last 10 minutes, I checked my watch again and again. I peeved a sigh in annoyance. She is late. She clearly knows how much I hate it when someone isn't punctual but even after that she is not on time as if she is endeavouring in making me agitated. I tried to remain my calm and stay restful.

The sound of footsteps grasped my attention. My eyes scanned her from head to toe. She looked perfect and pretty in her Cyan coloured, knee length dress but looking at her my jaw clenched and my hands clenched into fists. She wasn't wearing the lavender coloured dress I picked for her, which I sent her to wear. She didn't even wear any of the clothes I personally bought for her. I tried to ignore it and didn't comment on that, even though her every disobedience isn't helping but agitating me now.

"10 minute, 45 second late" I almost hissed at her but in a patient manner. She didn't seem to care much. Getting up from the settee, I gave her a look shoving my hands inside my pocket. Trying my best to stay composed and cool, I gestured her to follow after me and she did.

I got inside the backseat of the car and she got inside beside me. "Start" I ordered the driver and he started the engine.

The whole car ride was silent. She didn't even spare a glance at me. Her hands remained rested on her lap while her eyes were fixed at the window but her attention was somewhere far flung and distant.

The moment we reached and got out of the car, she didn't care to wait for me, to hold her arm and get inside together like a newly married couple. But instead she choose to bolt away from me as if I'm a fucking virus and I'll infect her anytime soon.

Calm. Azezal. Calm down. I tried to remain unruffled nevertheless it's bothering me hell too much.

LEERA POV

I got into my mom's arms immediately when I saw her waiting for me at the doorstep. "Leera" she enclosed me in her arms and patt my back and I was this close to let my tears fall down again but I gratefully didn't. "You alright my daughter?" She asked anxiously and also happy to see me.

"Yes, mum." She kissed the top of my head and smiled. Then her attention was behind me and I found her nodding and gently smiling at someone behind me, I turned and rolled my eyes. You don't know what this fucker has done to your daughter, mom. He doesn't even deserve the slightest smile and generosity of anyone.

I felt someone clinging onto me, I looked down and found Aaron hugging my legs. I lowly smiled and ruffled his hair. "Hey, bud!"
"Yaay! Leera and bestfriend married" my eyes went to him for a mere second, finding him staring at me too I lowered my eyes.

"Yaaay! Mom said we all are a family now. We can stay together. Aaron, Leera and bestfriend can play and have lot of fun together" He looked so thrilled and cheered up. "We surely will" Azezal replied for me when I was in lose of words. I looked at him and instantly removed my eyes from him when I caught him still staring at me.

Aaron got up in his arms and started blabbering everything to his bestfriend. I greeted Elena and she said she was concerned for my health.
"Where is dad?" I asked my mom.
"Leera" Dad appeared and a faint smile crossed my lips. "Dad!" I hugged him and a kind of relieving feeling rushed in my nerves.
He kissed my forehead and expressed how concerned he was for me.

Nobody knows my internal situation, how am I feeling and what am I going through. Everyone is just concerned about my health cause I fainted on my wedding. Can't anyone ask how am I feeling right now? If I'm happy or not? If I'm feeling serene or becoming a freak cause I can't face any of what I faced anymore. My heart clenched at this.

We sat for breakfast all together. I fucking had to fight against my urge to not kill him when I had to sit beside him again. I can't tell how much I hate this man with my every gut and every breath I take.

"Father is out if the city so he won't be joining us for breakfast" Elena said and I wondered if this man ever got time for his own family. It's like I never saw him eating with them ever or even spending time. Even his appearance in our wedding seemed basically rather for the prominent persons like the ministers and presidents who came, not for his own son's wedding. I knew he wasn't pleased with me either, the look he gave me the first time me met.

"Leera, sorry dear. We have to leave for Georgia after breakfast. Azezal arranged everything already. Your father got into some emergency and that's why we can't stop till night and see you off." Mom said with pain in her voice.

"What do you mean by seeing me off? Where an I going?" I enquired, surprised.
"You don't know?" She arched an eyebrow. "Oh my god. Did I ruin it? Was it a surprise?" She gasped and eyed Azezal. I looked at him. What's this man is upto now?

"Azezal didn't tell you? You guys are going to Italy tonight?" Elena asked surprised herself. "What!?" I was more stunned now.
"Maybe we actually ruined it. It was meant to be a surprise I guess" Elena bit onto her lip, almost guilty at revealing it to me. I smiled a bitter smile and stirred my soup silently. It wasn't a surprise rather he didn't find it necessary to inform me cause he thinks he rules my life now.

"I want to go to Italy too" Aaron frowned. "How can you go leaving your mom here alone?" Elena complained and Aaron got disheartened. "We will go there together after you are done with your exams" Aaron unexpectedly nodded like a good boy listening to his mom, as if understanding and not being stubborn is his new character.

Everyone talked and laughed but I remained quiet the whole time. When they asked I hesitantly said I'm just facing a headache which is sort if true. When mom gave me pill for headache after we were done with breakfast, I had to clench my hands for not grabbing the bottle, shoving all the pills down my mouth and swallow them all. Maybe then I'll feel a little better.

"The press is here. The conference is about to begin. Lets go" Azezal said to me but I acted as if I didn't even hear him. I'm so fucking furious at him now that he decided to take me to Italy and didn't even feel the need to tell me. It helped me realize it too, how much insignificant I'm and my opinion doesn't matter at all. "Leera-" he called my name and extended his hand for me to take to get up from the couch. With everyone staring, I couldn't even refuse his hand so I eventually took it with a dull face.

The conference began when we were seated infront of the reporters and lights of camera flashed at our face. I was feeling so insecure cause I ain't used to this kind of attention but maybe I have to get used to it now and act like being a perfect Pavano. Ofcourse attention was all over me cause I married or better say was practically trapped and forced to marry the great mighty Azezal. Unfortunately the one and only man I despise with my whole heart is now my husband.

What an amazing thing fate is? It makes you meet a person and you eventually fall in love with him. Then it brings sufferings in your life cause you get to comprehend there was nothing called love between you two, it was all facade and lies. And when you finally get over everything and choose to live a good life, he decides to comeback in your life and make your life a living hell. Then after everything he forces you into a bond called marriage just to make you endure more affliction till the dead reaches you.

Questions popped up after questions. I didn't care involving myself or giving an answer cause whenever it indicated me Azezal answered everything on my behalf as if I'm extremely useless here and I can't handle a thing. Well it's better as I'm not even interested. I remained silent, smiling the fake smile but deep down lost in my thoughts.

I'm furious and angry at everything. I'm frustrated so even the slightest things of him are making me so damn vexed.

Why the hell did he even plan our honeymoon to Italy as if there is anything between us? And well so fucking great, I'm the last to know it too, maybe I would have never knew it before the time for departure actually came. He knows I despise him and I know he hates me too. Our marriage is complicated and has no literal meaning behind it. So what's the meaning of it?

Ofcourse he planned everything for showing. How can I be such a fool? He needs to show the world how much he adores and loves his new wife, what a admirable husband he is and what a lovely couple we are. All these are facade, just for show. A perfect facade. Nothing else.

Suddenly my hands started sweating and I was feeling so anxious and restless between my variety of thoughts.
I wonder how is Levi. Is he really alright? I hope he is fine. I need to ask Azezal about Levi and confirm it. I need to meet Levi, I need to talk to him.

"Leera-" I felt a hand caressing my hand. "Leera" I got in my senses as I heard my name being called again. "Huh" I instantly looked at his direction. He gave me a smile and held my hand. "What happened darling? You seem absent minded" I gulped down my annoyance at his words and gesture and tried to return the fake smile remembering we are still infront of media. My skin burned with his touch. "I'm fine." I short replied, almost showing my disinterest.

"Mrs. Pavano, I have a question" one of the reporters said but hearing her calling me that made me cringe out. "Sure" I encouraged her to speak with a gentle smile, although I don't have any urge to answer.

"How did you fall in love with Mr. Pavano?" I eyed that reporter blankly and repeated the word "Love?" I wanted to laugh. "I mean-" I looked at him, he stared at me too, "Love is easy with the right person but it strikes you adversely bad if you misapprehend in choosing the right person" He almost eyed me deadly expecting I'll ruin this.

"But I- I'm lucky in this case because I found my Mr Right" I looked at him with another false smile and he nodded in affirmation while returning his fake so in love smile and kissed my head with his fake adoration for the world to see what are loving, cherishable and picture perfect couple we are.

"Fortune really bond this beautiful couple"

I just want to bolt away from here and hide in a corner. I hate the camera flashing at us and the looks people are giving us. I hate the lies I have to tell while I began to doubt my own sanity. I hate the fake smile I have to wear, maintaining to look the happiest person one can get after marriage. I hate it not being able to lash the truth and everything infront of the whole world. I hate the faultless facade as if I'm being used to appearing this fake.

"Mr. Pavano, Last question. Last night, in the wedding venue the attac-" the reporter stopped in the middle of the sentence when her eyes caught something, I couldn't notice.

"Dismiss. This conference ends here. Thankyou" I befuddledly looked at him as he cut the reporter off. Before I could say or comprehend anything we were almost greeting the media goodbye. Then I was dragged up on my feet and pulled away as he made me follow after him pulling me by my arm. I tried to stop him when we were alone, at a distant from everybody.

"Azezal! Leave me" jerking off my arm from his hold I stepped away. "Why did you stop her from questioning? What was she about to say?" He didn't answer me, his lips curved into a smirk.

"Wife, I would like your presence in my office in 10 minutes" I was stunned for a moment hearing him calling me that. He turned and went away leaving me in the middle of the corridor.

My lips tightened, my eyes hardened and narrowed into slits as I remained still on my place.

I don't know what else to be worried for now when I have so much in head already. But I know one thing for sure I ain't fragile anymore, I ain't flimsy. I won't be the sufferer and I refuse to be one. He has already hurt me a lot and I have shed enough tears, but now If he wants to play more games I won't be lagging behind from counterplaying them.

________________________________________

Not edited.

Soo, at first I had no clue this story would get this long but it's already 60 chap lol. But still hoping it's keeping y'all interested. I will bring some changes after completing the story and make a better version of it.

Click on the star button and do share your opinions and give feedbacks as well for fast updates cause it actually gives me some hope and makes me want to write :))
And lots of love for those who patiently waits for update and are still into this story T_T

Vote, Comment and Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 401 38
She's not your average girl. Tossed into the world of guns and death at a young age, She's already used to it all. Trained to become a cold-hearted...
59.6K 1.1K 52
This story is purely made from my Imagination. A Mafia Romance By Dylanobriensmami ---------------------- 𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒 I was sen...
963K 25.5K 61
#64 in Romance 08/02/18 #11 in Dark Romance 07/30/18 #18 in Dark Romance 07/20/18 #139 in Dark Romance 07/05/18 #30 in Dark Romance 07/12/18 Amelia: ...
7.4K 115 6
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...