The Arrogant Jerk

De enhlesa101

Chizoba is a Nigerian proud woman who comes to South Africa looking for employment. She doesn't find the desi... Mais

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
ANNOUNCEMENT!!
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
THE WEDDING PART ONE
THE WEDDING PART TWO
THE WEDDING PART THREE

CHAPTER 37

1.1K 133 2
De enhlesa101

“Knock-knock.” The voice draws me out of my deep peaceful sleep. What the hell? I am not expecting anybody this morning, so who the fuck is disturbing my beauty sleep? I groan, sitting up and rubbing my eyes. I look around and a chuckle escapes my lips. I don’t know when did we sleep but I do know that all four of us squeezed ourselves in my bed in a very weird way.

I climb off the bed, put on a robe, sleepers and head to the bathroom. Whoever is at the door will have to wait until I am done urinating and brushing my teeth. Coming out of the bathroom, I smile at Quinn who is yawning and stretching her arms.

“Morning love. Who’s the angry man at your door? I swear he is trying to kick it down.” She mutters and I laugh quietly.

“Only one way to find out.” I walk to the front door and open it. I frown, seeing an unfamiliar man standing on the other side, carrying a bunch of flowers and a board.

“Good morning. Are you Miss Chizoba Gwendaline?” the man asks and I nod. “Well this is for you. Please sign here.” he hands me the small board and shows me where to sign. I am still confused but I sign nonetheless. “Here you go.” He gives me the flowers. “Can we please enter?” who is we?

“What is this about?” I ask.

“We are just doing our job, Miss. We promise to be out of your hair in less than 5 minutes.” I don’t answer, I simply step aside. “Thank you.” he turns to the side. “Gents, you can come in now.” I enter to make space for them. Guys in black and white uniform enter carrying bunches of beautiful flowers. They place them in whatever space they find in the lounge. They then come back and ask for the kitchen. I direct them and they place multiple paper bags there. They all head out and the one who I was speaking to smiles at me. “Here you go. Have a good morning.” He hands me a card and then walks out, closing the door behind him.

Sorry

M.M

That’s all the card states. That’s definitely not Makho. He would’ve written Mr. 12k pants or M.G, the G for Gumbi.

“Okay. Am I in heaven?” Mathenji’s voice startles me. I turn to face her and find the other ladies standing with her. “This doesn’t look like a pleasant surprise.” She steps forward and takes the card from me. She reads it out loud and frowns. “It’s the mayor.”

“What?” my own voice shocks me. I told them about my encounter with the mayor last night. I don’t know what she means by what she is saying.

“This is his way of apologizing for being an ass. He usually does this to his side chicks. You know how some ladies don’t care about making it known to the world that they are dating the mayor. That weave lady who fought with the braids lady once posted something like this on her story and the same card. I don’t know what he was apologizing for, then.”

“Wow, talk about grand gesture.” Reno comments, walking to the kitchen counter and opening one of the paper bags. “Pardon me. The aroma was calling me. I am famished.” We all join her around the counter and unload some of the paper bags. There are ribs, wings, chips, sea food, some English breakfast. Anything you can think of that is usually served at restaurants. “This dude is generous AF.”

“What are you going to do about this?” Quinn asks the million dollar question and I sigh.

“I will keep the rest of the food in the fridge. I don’t know about the flowers.” I respond honestly.

“Maybe we can go give each rose to any of the ladies or even men at any mall.” She suggests and I look at her. That’s not a bad idea. I don’t wanna look like an idiot with so many flowers on my garbage.

“That’s one solution to one problem. What about the mayor? What are you going to do about him? This is no gesture you send to your kid’s teacher. This is something he would send to one of his women. This actually means he has his eyes on you.” Mathenji remarks and I frown. “You need to put him in his place but not right now, while the news are still fresh. Maybe go give him your peace of mind Monday after work.” I nod and bite one of the ribs. They are still hot and so juicy.

“What about Makhosonke?” Reno asks. “I think this is something you would disclose to your boyfriend unless…” she shrugs and I huff.

“I most def have to tell him about this because when I told him about my encounter with the mayor, he got pissed. But I will do that after we solve the flowers issue. Which mall are going to?” I ask.

“How about Bara Mall?” Mathenji suggests and we all agree on it.

We finish eating and they help me load some of the food in the fridge. Quinn heads to her house while the other ladies shower. I decide to call Makho that same time, because of the privacy I now have. I take my phone and head to the balcony. His phone rings twice before he picks it up.

If I tell you say I love you, o

My money my body Na your own

O baby

Thirty billion for the account, io

Versace and Gucci for your body, o baby

No do, No do

No do garagara for me.” he answers in a really bright mood and I can’t help but laugh. He has a great voice and I love it.

“Are you saying if I check my account now I will find 30 billion in it?” I tease and he laughs.

“You may never know, love. How are you this morning? God, I can’t wait to sleep and wake up with you in my arms. When I come back, you at least have to spend a week in my house. Just so we can get to know each other better.” I giggle, rolling my eyes. That getting to know each other involves too much sex, I presume.

“I am over the moon love, well expect for the minor headache I am experiencing due to the wine we drank last night. Why are you in such a bright mood?”

“It’s a love thing, you wouldn’t understand.” He jabs and I crack up. “I am serious baby. When you’re in love with a beautiful woman and receive an actual phone call from her early in the morning, especially after dreaming about her the previous night, you can’t help but be this happy.”

Fuck. I am a blushing mess. Thank God I didn’t opt for a video call. “Well, if you put it that way…” he chuckles. “I don’t know if this will dampen your mood.” Here goes nothing.

“I am a lawyer, I think I can handle it.” He answers with a voice void of the happiness. Let’s hope so.

“Mayor Makhulu sent me flowers and breakfast this morning as a way of apologizing.” I mentally cross my fingers, while waiting for his reaction.

“Really? Send me a picture.”

“What?” I am shocked by his response or rather reaction.

“Just kidding. Don’t worry about Mthimkhulu and don’t feel guilty about enjoying his gifts. I will handle him when I am back.” That sounds a bit too serious for me.

“Okay. I just hope nobody gets hurt in the process.” He chuckles.

“I am not promising anything.”

I think of a quick way to change the subject. “I am hosting your parents for dinner tomorrow night.”

“Really? That’s great. You’re making me wish I was there to join you guys.”

“I am not inviting them as your parents but as my friend and her husband.” he laughs.

“Whatever that makes you sleep well at night.” I snort. He is crazy.

“BABE! WE ARE DONE USING THE BATHROOM, YOU CAN GO IN NOW!” Mathenji shouts from inside.

“I AM ON THE PHONE!” I shout back and I can literally hear her running towards the balcony.

“Is it Makhosonke?” she asks as soon as she appears and I hear Makho laughing on the line. I nod and she smiles. “Put him on speaker.” I chuckle before doing so. I wonder what she is going to say to him. “Hey Makhosonke. I don’t know if you know me but I do know you. I am Mathenji, Chichi’s girlfriend. By the way, you still owe be the girlfriend tax.”

Makho laughs before replying. “Hi, Mathenji. I will make sure to take both you and my babe out for lunch as soon as I am back.”

“And a shopping spree.” She adds and I laugh.

“Yes, and a shopping spree.” Makho adds. “Thank you, by the way, for looking after my babe in my absence. I am still thinking of a special gift for you.”

“Yay!” Mathenji jumps up in excitement and Makho just laughs. “Bye for now.” She says before heading back inside.

“Is she gone?” he asks and I laugh.

“Yes.”

“Now that’s a ball of energy. How do you keep up with her?”

“You ain’t seen nothing yet. Wait till you meet her in person.” He groans and I chortle.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

23.4K 3.4K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...
72.1K 10.7K 44
|| Farida was no doubt a hard worker. She was never one to back down from a task and everyone at work loved her for that. Well, everyone but her bos...
139K 28K 72
She's Igbo He's Yoruba, She's haughty and doesn't flow with the low class He's down to earth and a handsome sweetheart, She's rude and sassy He's ca...
10.7K 579 21
This story focuses on a black young lady named Zimingunaphakade Thando Mkhize, well educated, independent lady who thrives in making all her streams...