fools » lee donghyuck (SLOW U...

By delightkyun

when a misunderstanding costs two people the friendship they spent years building, it'd be hard to get them t... More

please read
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

21

294 11 8
By delightkyun

༊*·˚ fools

"so you and kiya seemed pretty close." hyerin nudged myunghee with a grin as they walked down the street to the train station.

"don't start," myunghee mumbled.

hyerin raised her hands above her head in defense. "i didn't assume anything. i just wanted to know what you're thinking."

"i'm not thinking about anything."

"that's nothing new, is it?" hyerin teased earning a shove from her best friend.

"shut up." myunghee anxiously raked a hand through her hair. "i don't think she's into it so," she shrugged, "i'm not going to make any advances."

hyerin hummed at her response as they entered the train station.

"take care of yourself, bitch." myunghee gave her a hug and hyerin hugged her back, tightly.

"and you."

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

on saturday, dongyoung picked hyerin up after her weekly therapy session straight to the gangnam place they were going to eat at. upon arrival, a couple of the boys were already there but half were still absent so they conversed until everyone was present.

"is donghyuck coming?"

"he should be."

"hyerin's with us."

"dongyoung invited her after we'd decided to get together."

"well, he's late as it is so..."

hyerin stopped eavesdropping into the conversation and looked back at the front door that was opening.

"lee hyuck! you finally made it fifteen minutes after everyone else!" jungwoo commented.

he met eyes with her before she turned back around to eye the menu. donghyuck took his seat down the table.

"are you okay with him being here?" dongyoung whispered to her.

"of course. why wouldn't i be?" she scoffed. "anyways, what are you eating?"

over the course of the dinner, donghyuck only gave her a couple of glances. when yuta went outside with jungwoo and taeyong, hyerin followed knowing that they'd left for a cigarette and she'd need one since it'd been a while.

jaehyun came out a minute later with donghyuck behind him.

hyerin was shocked to see him lighting the tip of the cigarette while keeping the other half between his lips.

he took slow steps to stand beside her.

"since when do you smoke?"

"since when is that any of your business?"

his lips curved into a smirk as some of the smoke clouded above him.

"you're not going to say anything back? cat got your tongue tonight? about time." she grinned.

"you've gotten bold lately. talking back to me. what's gotten into you?" he tempted, putting one hand by her head on the wall.

hyerin chuckled. "wouldn't you like to know?"

she chucked the cigarette out onto the floor and treaded on it before heading inside again and asking dongyoung to take her home.

donghyuck watched her get into dongyoung's car, laugh with him and wave goodbye to the guys beside him. she spared him a glance but it wasn't too long before she looked away.

"hyuck."

he turned his head to look at jaehyun.

"i'm going to leave, do you want me to drop you off?"

jaehyun lived a couple of streets away from donghyuck so he was always the one offering to take him home.

donghyuck's lips stretched into a thin smile. "sure."

he went inside to say goodbye to the other guys who were also leaving before jaehyun drove him home. the ride was pretty silent since jaehyun wasn't much of a talker and neither was donghyuck until the other one started a conversation.

"you've been quiet lately."

"if you want me to start screaming and yelling i can do that."

jaehyun chuckled at his comment. "that's not what i meant. you used to be the mood maker of the group and now we barely notice you're there. you don't hang out with us much these days, either."

"you guys are getting too old for me." donghyuck scoffed.

jaehyun knew he was joking. "if there's something going on you can always tell us. we're your older brothers from other mothers."

"thank you. now focus on driving."

˗ˏˋ 'ˎ˗

"i've got to admit, donghyuck may be a dick but the mental image of him smoking a cigarette in my mind is kinda hot."

hyerin slapped myunghee's arm.

"did i lie?"

hyerin rolled her eyes. "donghyuck's not a bad looking guy-"

"but he's out of your league."

he came to stand in front of her and she stopped in her tracks.

"i didn't say i was interested."

he walked off with a grin.

"what's his deal?" myunghee questioned. "where did the verbal abuse go?"

"i don't know but he was like that on saturday too."

"you met with him!?"

"no! we have mutual friends. you know dongyoung? he's also friends with him. and mark, too," hyerin explained.

myunghee mumbled back a reply before they went into the cafeteria to sit with the other two who were bickering about something petty, probably.

"hello, idiots, what are you arguing about today?" myunghee mumbled.

"pineapple on pizza," dongmin answered.

hyerin got up. "yeah, i'm gonna grab lunch." so she left to wait in line and a second or so later she got a tap on her shoulder.

jaemin.

"hey!"

"hey, i didn't ask during physical education, how's your hand?" he pointed to the hand still wrapped up.

"the pain has gone away... sort of."

he cringed. "you're a tough girl, hyerin."

"thanks, jaem- in," she corrected herself again, saying his name completely.

"you can call me jaem." he smiled. "it's been a while since i've heard it coming from your lips."

"two years is a while for you?" she joked.

"two years has felt like two decades without you around and all the shit that's happened," he mumbled. "we miss you."

she got sentimental at his words and gave him a soft smile. "as much as i would love for things to go back to how they were, i know donghyuck would rather have me dead than around."

"he'll just have to get used to it."

just as she was about to say something in return as she grabbed a drink, she got forcefully shoved aside and almost fell back but jaemin caught hold of her by her waist.

"you okay?"

she nodded and moved the hair from her face.

he turned to the other guy. "what's your deal, man?"

he laughed. "sorry but it was the last one so i had to get it."

jaemin rolled his eyes.

hyerin got the drink and her food and before walking off, jaemin asked her to wait.

"can we go do something as a group together some time soon? you, me and the guys. without hyuck because i know you'd rather not have him around," he suggested.

she didn't respond.

"give it a thought. text me when you have your answer, all right?"

she nodded and that made him smile.

"i'll see you in class."

"see you."

they went opposite directions and when she sat at the table she got the three of them still arguing.

"you know what? ask hyerin and whatever answer she gives is the right one," myunghee suggested.

"okay." kiya turned to her. "does pineapple belong on pizza yes or no?"

"yes."

"oh my god..." dongmin bowed his head in defeat while the two girls celebrated. "you guys have some weird tastes."

"did you really expect to win an argument against three girls?" kiya crossed her arms over her chest.

he rolled his eyes but smiled shortly after. "what if we got pizza after school then?"

"that sounds like a good idea."

"i'm in."

hyerin nodded.

"cool. pineapple pizza after school," kiya spoke and side-eyes dongmin to see his reaction.

he gave her a middle finger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 900 38
Donghyuck accidentally brings out the hidden beast within his best friend, Mark, causing a great disruption in the balance of nature. Only time will...
26.5K 917 22
𝑪𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒍𝒆 and 𝑹𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒖𝒏 had no idea what they were walking into when they moved to Korea 𝑱𝒆𝒏𝒐 and 𝑱𝒂𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏 are in love with each other...
225K 11.6K 101
"It's okay to be scared, but you have to go out there, open up, love, make mistakes, learn, be stronger, and start all over again." - Unknown
292K 13.3K 27
Two rivals on a blind date who end up fake dating. Classic.