Dragon Rider in Middle Earth

By Maria555556

Arya Lorawynn is the human child Eragon Bromsson had found centuries ago on the island in which he had been r... More

Intro
Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVIII
XLIX
XLXI
XLXII
XLXIII

XLVII

1K 35 5
By Maria555556

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Inside Minas Tirith, the city is in chaos.

-I didn't think it would end this way- Pippin said sadly.

-End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path. One that we all must take. The gray rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it- the wizard said as they looked down at the battle.

-What, Gandalf? See what?

-White shores. And beyond, the far green country, under a swift sunrise.

-Well, that isn't so bad.

-No. No, it isn't- Gandalf gives a small wistful smile.

-Gandalf!- Arya waves him over catching the wizard's and the hobbit's attention -I will leave the rest to you!

She jumps and lands on Argent's back just as he swoops close to the city's wall.

Argent feels her land on the saddle and instantly loops around sharply and turns back to the battle.

••••••••••
•••••

On the battlefield, it goes ill with Rohan

-Rally to me! To me!- Théoden slowly turns his head and sees the witch King of Angmar flying towards him on his black beast.

The fell beast grabs the king's horse in his teeth and shakes him away.

-Feast off his human flesh- he orders his fell beast to kill the now unconscious king.

-I will kill you if you touch him- Éowyn still in her disguise steps forth to defend her uncle.

-Do not come between the Nazgûl and his prey- the fell beast attacks her, but it only succeeds in getting its head cut off.

The witch king dismounts and strikes the soldier's (Éowyn) shield with his mace.

••••••••••
•••••

The other fell beasts and wraiths try to get close to the witch king but are driven off by Argent.

The dragon hooks his claws into both of the wings of one of the black beasts and pulls hard. The creature gives an agonizing shriek as his wings tear off of its body making it and the wraith on top of it fall onto the battle below and get trampled over by an Oliphaunt.

Arya loosens the restraint of the harness around her legs that attach her to the saddle and she jumps from Argent's back onto another one of the flying creatures.

She parries a blow from the riders with her sword which she then drives deep into them chest of its cloak where the heart would be.

As soon as the blade penetrates the fabric the figure comes undone until it is only a pile of black robes.

-Arya!- she leaps back onto Argent when he fights off another flying mount.

••••••••••
•••••

Just then, a black fleet of ships arrive on the Anduin River.

-Late as usual! Pirate scum! There's work that needs doing. Come on, you sea rats! Get out off your ships!- the orc leader says.

The ships ladder is lowered onto the shore.

The three figures of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli climb out.

-There are plenty for both of us! May the best man win!

They charge, and the oathbreakers follow behind turning the battle into a rout.

••••••••••
•••••

Meanwhile, the witch king prepares to kill Éowyn. He fights with more anger after having seen the others get felled by the dragon and its rider.

-Fool! No man can slay the Lord of The Nazgûl! Die now!- he shouts as Éowyn parries another blow.

Suddenly Merry attacks from behind, stabbing the wraith's knee.

Éowyn stands before the witch king and removes her helm revealing that she was a lady, a woman of Rohan.

-I am no man!- she strikes down the witch king.

••••••••••
•••••

Arya and Argent were covered in blood after having disposed of the remaining wraiths when Argent smiled the air.

Through the smell of blood, sweat and dust, a familiar scent reached him. As it reached his it reached Arya.

They did not even look at each other as he veered towards were the smell was stronger.

••••••••••
•••••

Meanwhile, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli confront the enemy.

-15, 16- the elf count.

-17, 29- Gimli mutters.

-Legolas!- Aragorn sees the Oliphaunt lumbering their way.

-33, 34

Legolas climbs onto it by its leg, swing onto the rider and kill's him before then shooting an arrow straight into the animal's skull, a blow which kills the Oliphaunt.

He then gracefully steps down its trunk as it falls dead.

-It still only counts as one!- the dwarf protests.

The dead destroy the orcs.

Legolas turns at the sound of beating wings and he along with Aragorn, Gimli and the dead army watch as Argent lands killing a whole group of orcs with his weight.

-Those do not count as your own kills lass!- Gimli chuckles as he rushes over to hug Arya.

Aragorn greets her as well.

Arya turns her gaze to them, a murderous glint in her eyes as she observes her three friends.

Her stare lingers on the elf the longest before she turns away without a word and whispers Argent to leave and go help the others.

-Well we will leave you two alone more- Aragorn clears his throat.

-We will talk later- Arya fumes.

As soon as they are gone Arya has to hold down her desire to hug the elf almost physically as he stands before her with the audacity of looking guilty.

-Argent told me where you went- he holds his breath. Arya suddenly softens -Are you alright? Are the three of you okay?

He nods.
Arya sighs and rubs her temples feeling a headache coming on.
These three make were grown adults and yet here she was worrying about them as if they were children.

-How could you just follow that reckless man...- before she could finish Legolas strode over to her, grabbed her face in his hands like she once had done to him and kissed her.

Arya melted in his arms the moment he did this, hands holding onto his elbows for support.

Her head tilted slightly to one side so her lips fit better with his.

It was clumsy seeing as they were rushing it because of the battle washing around them, but she would not have had it any other way.

He gently pulled away but kept a hold of her face.

-This does not excuse you- she managed to find her words and then she turned just in time to catch an incoming orc on the eye with one of her diamond daggers.

••••••••••
•••••

On the battlefield, Théoden lies dying. Éowyn approaches carefully the broken form of her uncle.

-I know your face. Éowyn. My eyes darken.

-No. No, I am going to save you- Éowyn weeps.

-You already did. Éowyn, my body is broken. You have to let me go. I go to my fathers in whose mighty company I shall not now feel ashamed. Éowyn- he lifts his hand with his last bit of strength to stroke her cheek before letting it fall.

••••••••••
•••••

As Théoden dies, the king of the dead stands before Aragorn

-Release us- the king of the dead demands as Arya and Legolas approach the scene.

-Bad idea. Very handy in a tight spot, these lads, despite the fact they're dead- Gimli warned Aragorn.

-You gave us your word.

-I hold your oath fulfilled. Go, be at peace.

Once he said these words the dead dissolved into fine dust with a satisfied sigh.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 5.3K 29
Once there was a Hobbit who set out on a quest to reclaim the homeland of the Erebor Dwarves of old. Never did he know where his journey would take h...
77.9K 4.7K 43
Frodo was meant to be the Ring-bearer. But when he falls under Sauron's control and vanishes before Elrond's council, where does that leave the Fello...
175K 4.1K 23
Aearel just found out that Elrond, Lord of Rivendell, is not her real father. He has kept her safe all her life from the truth behind her parents dep...
79.7K 4K 31
Arya, Merry and Pippin has been taken Frodo and Sam has left to finish the mission Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn are on a hunt to save their friends ***...