š‡š„š€š‘š“ š‹šˆšŠš„ š˜šŽš”š‘ļæ½...

By machersfilm

" š”šØš° šœšØš®š„š šš š”šžššš«š­ š„š¢š¤šž š²šØš®š«š¬ šžšÆšžš« š„šØšÆšž šš š”šžššš«š­ š„š¢š¤šž š¦š¢š§šž? "... More

šš€š‘š“ šŽšš„
šŸŽšŸ. š­š”šž šÆššš§š¢š¬š”š¢š§š  šØšŸ š–š¢š„š„ šš²šžš«š¬
šŸŽšŸ‘. š‡šØš„š„š², š‰šØš„š„š²
šŸŽšŸ’. š­š”šž š›šØšš²
šŸŽšŸ“. š­š”šž šŸš„šžšš ššš§š š­š”šž šššœš«šØš›ššš­
šŸŽšŸ”. š­š”šž š¦šØš§š¬š­šžš«
šŸŽšŸ•. š­š”šž š›ššš­š”š­š®š›
šŸŽšŸ–. š­š”šž š”š©š¬š¢ššž šƒšØš°š§
šš€š‘š“ š“š–šŽ
šŸŽšŸ. š¦šššš¦ššš±

šŸŽšŸ. š­š”šž š°šžš¢š«ššØ šØš§ šŒššš©š„šž š’š­š«šžšžš­

4K 150 71
By machersfilm

chapter two:
the weirdo on
Maple Street

EVELYN ARRIVED AT, the Wheeler's house in less than five minutes. She believes that she went over the speed limit but good thing no cops were around to pull her over or that nobody was on the road.

Every thought went around her head, some were if her brother was okay, if his friends were okay, if they found Will but if they found him than her brother wouldn't have called it a code red and she believes police would of been here interrogating Will on where he has been. But since she pulled into the Wheeler's driveway not one police car was in sight.

Evelyn got out of her car and started running up the Wheeler's front door, before she can knock on the door she heard her name.

"Evelyn!" She turned her head away from the door and looked to the right to find the boys calling her over by the basement door. Evelyn sighed, before running up to her brother and her friends.

"Before I start questioning you three but mostly you Dustin, let's get out of the rain before any of us get sick" Evelyn guided the three boys back inside Mike's basement.

She closed the door and made sure the door was closed all the way since Mike mentioned that the basement door always had a hard time closing correctly.

Once making sure everything was good, she turned towards the three boys. "Okay, now that I'm here and we are all settled would someone please explain what the hell is going on and why it's a code red?" She asked the three boys while crossing her arms.

The three boys looked towards one another, all three trying to convince the other to tell Evelyn. Before either of them can say anything the bathroom door in the basement opened and out walked a girl, who had a buzz cut hair and looked to be the same age as the boys.

The young girl didn't really pay them any mind as she sat herself back down on the couch. "Who is that?" Evelyn questioned.

"She's a girl" Dustin stated. Lucas hit Dustin's arm. "What? She asked" Dustin told him as he rubbed his arm. Evelyn rolled her eyes at her brother.

"Who is she and is she okay? Where did you guys find her? What's her name?" Evelyn kept rambling question after question not even letting the three boys answer.

She started walking towards the girl until she felt Mike grab her wrist. "Don't! She doesn't really speak, she only spoke three words to me" Mike stated out to her.

"It's true. Only spoke three words. I still believe she escaped from pennhurst" Lucas stated. Evelyn looked at him with confusion laced on her face.

" the place in Kerley County?" Evelyn questioned. Lucas nodded his head vicariously indicating that is the place he was talking about.

"See Dustin, even your own sister knows about pennhurst. we sure you don't have family up there?" Evelyn zoned out the three boys who were arguing about where the young girl came from and about how Evelyn knows about pennhurst.

Evelyn turned towards where the young girl sat. She was preoccupied just looking around the basement. Evelyn felt her heart break a little thinking about what this girl could of went through and most importantly where her parents were. She didn't notice she walked up the young girl until she saw the girl look up to her.

"Hi. I'm Evelyn! I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to make sure if you are okay?" Evelyn asked the young girl as she sat a couple feet away from her on the couch.

The young girl just looked at Evelyn before lightly whispering the word pretty. "Thank you" Evelyn told the young girl with a smile on her face, the smile that brought comfort to the young girl who smiled back.

"Well it seems she likes your sister, Dustin!" Lucas told him as they stood in front of the pair. "I knew she would, everyone loves Evelyn, which is why I'm grateful she's my sister" Dustin stated.

Evelyn smiled at her little brother. "I think it's time we head home. Mike, please make sure she gets some rest and hopefully you three already figured out a plan on how to explain it to your mother tomorrow. In the meantime, it was really nice meeting you" the young girl just smiled before she watched her walk up the steps.

"why are we walking upstairs if you three made me come in through the basement door?" Evelyn questioned Lucas and Dustin but she didn't get no response as their attention was only on Mike and the young girl.

"Boys, let's go! I'm driving you home Lucas and after I drop him off, you and I will be having a long talk Dustin" she told them. Dustin rolled his eyes at how his sister is becoming protective.

"You are in for it now, Dustin " Lucas stated as the started heading out of the Wheeler's house and to Evelyn's car.

"Don't worry Lucas, I'll be giving you and Mike the same talk once everything settles down" Evelyn told him after getting their bikes into the back of the car.

Evelyn got in her car and started the ignition. "Now put your seatbelts on and start from the beginning"

Dustin and Lucas looked at one another and knew it was going to a long night telling Evelyn about what happened and with what Hopper told them not to do.

The next morning , Evelyn got ready to head out and to go pick Sabrina up for school as she usually did. She stopped in front of Dustin's bedroom door and knocked on it.

The door opened up to reveal Dustin, who looks like to be in a rush. "You okay? Why you in a rush?" She questioned as her brother walking around her. He grabbed a piece of toast that their mom left for them before she headed to work early this morning.

"No time to talk. Got to meet up with Lucas and Mike" Dustin told her with food in his mouth.

Evelyn looked at him with disgust laced on her face since he was talking while chewing with food in his mouth. "please don't talk with your mouth full, I don't need you chocking" she told him.

Dustin ignored what his sister said and gave her hug while she gave him a kiss on the head. "Love you, see you later" Evelyn smiled as she saw Dustin run to the front door.

"Love you too! please be safe and don't get hurt" Evelyn told him as he walked right out the front door but not before giving her a thumbs up.

Evelyn sighed, knowing she was going to be in for a long day and her thoughts kept going back to not only Will but also to the young girl that is currently hiding at Mike's house. She wonders if she's doing okay.

The hallways of Hawkins, High School was busy and filled with students talking in the halls or heading towards their next class.

Nancy Wheeler and Barbara Holland round the corner as Barb is studying Nancy for the big chemistry test next period.

"When alpha particles go through gold foil they become.."

"Unoccupied space" Nancy answered. Barb nodded her head towards Nancy before turning to the next post card.

"A molecule that can - " before Barb can finish the question, Steve takes it out of her hand to look over it. "Hey!"

"I don't know, I think you've studied enough, Nance" Steve told Nancy completely ignoring Barbs comments.

"Steve" Nancy started saying before being interrupted by Steve. "I'm telling you, you know, you got this. Don't worry" Steve reassured her as he knew this test has been hitting a nerve with all the studying she's been doing.

"Now, onto more important matters. My dad has left town on a conference meeting and my mom gone with him because you know, she doesn't trust him" Steve stated while putting the post cards in his back pocket.

"Good call" Tommy stated. Steve hit Tommy's shoulder after he made that statement. Before looking back at Nancy.

"So are you in?" Nancy looked confused by what Steve was asking. "In for what?" She questioned.

"No parents? Big House?" Carol stated hoping Nancy would get the memo about Steve's party.

"A party?" Nancy questioned, unsure if this is what Steve was implying. "Ding, Ding, Ding!" She heard Carol say in a sarcastic manner.

"It's Tuesday!" Nancy started to imply before she was interrupted by Tommy. "It's Tuesday! Oh my god"

Nancy ignored Tommy's comment before directing her attention back on Steve. "Come on! It'll be low key. It'll just be us. So what do you say? Are you in or are you out?" Steve questioned looking back between both Nancy and Barb.

"Um" Nancy started saying before she was interrupted by Carol this time instead of Tommy.

"Oh, god! Look" everyone turned their attention to where Jonathan was pulling up missing poster signs of Will. "Oh, god, that's depressing" Steve stated while looking at Jonathan.

"Should we all say something?" Nancy was unsure weather it was a good idea to talk to Jonathan after everything his mom and him have been going through since Will disappeared.

"I don't think he speaks" she heard Carol say. "How much you want to bet he killed him?" Tommy questioned even though it was more of a joking question than a series question.

"Shut up" was the last thing Nancy heard before walking over to Jonathan.

Steve watched Nancy walk over to Jonathan. He looked around the hallways to keep himself occupied while Nancy was talking. He saw Evelyn with Sabrina both who were laughing at something or about something.

Steve wonders if Evelyn would come to his party tonight. It would make his night if she did. He turned back towards where Nancy is at and saw she was still there talking to Jonathan so he looked towards Barb, who wanted to be anywhere but where she is at now.

"Barb quick question for you?" Steve stated, he saw how Barb got a little tense. "Don't worry it's nothing bad " he reassured her even though it didn't calm her down.

"I was just wondering, are you good friends with Evelyn Henderson?" Tommy and Carol snickered when they heard Steve ask that question. Both full on knowing that it's Evelyn who Steve wants and will always be Evelyn.

"I mean we don't really talk that much but we are kinda friends...why?" Barb questioned. Steve shrugged his shoulder. "Oh no reason, I was just wondering if you can get her to come to my party tonight with you and Nancy" Steve asked.

Barb looked at Steve, she's trying to figure out why he would want Evelyn at his party so bad when he already convinced Nancy to go.

"Why would you want her to go? You already got Nancy to go?" Barb questioned. She had a gut feeling on what the real answer would be on why Steve wants Evelyn there but she needed at least a small hint to confirm her suspicions.

"Barb, I'm not going to tell you why, if I want to invite Evelyn to the party I will, so can you just go over to her and ask her for me" Before Barb can say anything, Nancy returned to the group after talking with Jonathan.

"Ask her what?" Nancy questioned. "Nancy, you good friends with Evelyn Henderson?" Steve questioned since he was getting no where with Barb.

"Kinda, her brother hangs around with my brother a lot.Why?" Nancy questioned.

"I was wondering if you guys can get Evelyn to come to my party tonight, tell her I'll play any Queen song she wants" Steve stated hoping that Nancy can convince her to go.

"Queen really? Can't you play something better" Tommy suggested. Steve looked at him with annoyance laced on his face. "Shut up Tommy! Don't disrespect Queen like that especially in front of Evelyn because she loves that band like and I mean loves".

Nancy looked toward where Evelyn was still standing at with Sabrina still by her side. Nancy walked away from the group and headed towards where the two best friends were at. Steve saw Nancy go and a big part of himself really hopes Evelyn will come.

"Hey!" Evelyn heard someone say next to behind her. She looked behind herself to see Nancy Wheeler.

"Hey, Nancy! How've been?" Evelyn questioned. Even though their brothers were best friends, her and Nancy never really got as close as their brothers did. Nancy found a best friend in Barb while Evelyn found a best friend in Sabrina and in all honesty, as much as Evelyn likes Nancy, she couldn't imagine anyone being her best friend expect for Sabrina.

"I've been good" Nancy told her. Sabrina looked between the two girls and looked behind Nancy to see Steve watching the two talk but his eyes were mostly on Evelyn than they were on Nancy.

"What can we help you with Sunshine?" Sabrina questioned. Nancy looked behind Evelyn to where Sabrina stood. "Are you two doing anything tonight?"

Evelyn and Sabrina looked towards one another wondering why Nancy was asking. "Not really, well for me at least. Evelyn over here will probably be in her room all night blasting out Queen as she always does" Sabrina told her.

"That's cool but I was wondering if you two will like to go to party with me tonight?" Sabrina let out a little laugh knowing that Nancy wasn't being serious. When she saw that Nancy wasn't laughing along with Evelyn, she knew that Nancy was being serious.

"Oh shit, you're actually serious" Nancy nodded her head. "It will be fun, they'll play Queen for you so that way it can make you feel like your at home" Nancy told them but the last few sentences were directed towards Evelyn since Steve looked like he would actually play Queen all night for her, if Evelyn ever asked him too.

"Who's party is it?" Evelyn questioned. "It's Steve's" Nancy told them. Sabrina looked at Steve and his group once again before looking towards Evelyn.

"Well we all know why Steve made you invite us" Evelyn lightly elbowed Sabrina when she saw Nancy look confused by her statement.

"Look Nancy, I appreciate the offer but it will be a hard pass. You can tell Steve that and also tell him if he wanted to invite us somewhere to actually ask us in person instead of sending someone to do it for him" Evelyn closed her locker just as the bell rang indicating that next class is about to begin.

"See you later, Nancy" Evelyn told her as she started heading towards her next class. Nancy noticed that Sabrina didn't move away from her spot. Nancy raised her eyebrows silently asking her what is up.

"Tell Harrington, we will be there. I'll get her to go but in the meantime go save your friend because she looks like she wants to be anywhere but with that group" Sabrina told her before following to where Evelyn was heading.

Nancy sighed before heading back to where Steve was at. "So? Is she coming?" Steve questioned as soon as Nancy stopped to where he stood.

"She'll be there" was the last thing Steve heard her say as he felt his heart skip a few extra beats.

One thing for sure, Queen will be playing all night long wheather Tommy likes it or not.

"Look, I'm just saying it will be fun. It will get your mind off of everything" Sabrina been trying to get Evelyn to go the party ever since Nancy suggested it, now the reason she didn't want to go wasn't because of Steve or his friends, it was mostly because she wanted to be with her brother and his friends plus to make sure the young girl she met last night was doing okay.

Evelyn twirled the phone cord that was by her bed side table as Queen music softly played. Ever since Sabrina called, it's all she's been talking about. "Sabrina, I rather not, just not in the party mood especially with what's happen to Will" Evelyn stated.

"what happened with Will?" Sabrina questioned. "Sabrina, he's missing" Evelyn was confused on how Sabrina didn't know this since basically the whole town of Hawkins knew and Hawkins was a small town.

"Will's missing? See I don't pay attention to a lot of things" Evelyn slightly laughed at her best friends respond after asking about if Will was actually missing.

"But look a side from that which is really sad so remind me to send my condolences to Jonathan when I see him" Sabrina started going off as Evelyn just nodded along to what she was saying. "The party is just a small get together. Besides you will break poor old Steve Harringtons heart if you don't go" Sabrina finished.

"And I should care why?" Evelyn questioned. "You're coming Evelyn. I'll be by your house at 7, love you bye!" Before Evelyn can say anything Sabrina already hung up.

"Great" Evelyn whispered underneaths her breath. Now all she had to do was convince her mom to not let her go. She would of asked Dustin for help on getting her mom to not let her go but he's been over Mike's house since school let out, well according to their mom that is where he is at. So now let's just hope her mom says no.

Her mom said yes! So now here is how Evelyn found herself on Steve Harrington's front door. Sabrina kept ranging the bell until someone answered.

"Sabrina! Stop ringing the bell, it's getting annoying" Evelyn was in no mood to be here instead she would of enjoyed what she originally had planned and that was listen to Queen in her room like she usually does every night.

Sabrina ignored what she said and kept holding the bell until someone answered. Evelyn rolled her eyes at what her best friend was doing.

Before she can reply the front door opened revealing Steve Harrington, himself! "Stop ringing that bell" Steve told Sabrina as she still held onto the button.

Steve didn't notice Evelyn was next to Sabrina as he was annoyed by the ringing of the bell until he saw her put Sabrina hand down and away from the bell.

"Evelyn, hey! You came" Steve full attention was now on Evelyn. Sabrina rolled her eyes at this interaction. A lovesick fool and an annoyed girl.

"Clearly had no choice Harrington." Evelyn told him as she looked towards Sabrina. "She wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed" she finished off.

Steve looked towards Sabrina who just slightly smiled at him, her way of saying ' you're welcome '.

"well come on in, everyone is in the backyard by the pool. we were just doing a chugging contest with Nancy before you rang, so now barb might do it" Steve told the two girls as the walked into his house.

Evelyn taken notice how big Steve's house actually is, she noticed the neat furniture that his parents have set up in the living room plus the dining set that is place in front of the patio door that lead to the backyard that held where everyone was at.

"Nice house, Harrington" Evelyn told him as she walked outside. Steve looked at her with a small smile on his face. Before heading back outside, Steve decided to change the music to Queen which earned a groaned from Tommy.

"I didn't know you like Queen, Harrington?" Evelyn questioned him as he came back outside and sat the on the chair by the pool. "Of course I do, it's one of my favorite bands" Steve told her, even though it was partly a lie. He is only playing it for her. Since it was her favorite band.

"They are pretty amazing" Evelyn told him with a smile on her face. Before he can reply he was interrupted by Nancy.

"Barb, you wanna try?" Nancy asked the girl who sat at the last chair, she clearly held a look on her face screaming she doesn't want to be here. "What? No, I don't want to thanks" Barb told her but that wasn't a good answer as Nancy kept pressuring her to give it a try.

"Nancy, if she doesn't want to do it than she doesn't have too" Evelyn snapped at her as she can tell Barb was getting uncomfortable since clearly Nancy didn't know what no meant at this very moment.

"It fun, come on Barb give it a try" Nancy completely ignored what Evelyn has said and kept pressuring Barb to do it.

"Okay, fine" Barb told her as she grabbed the beer can and the knife out of Nancy's hand. "So you just -" Barb started to say before the knife slipped off the beer can and cut Barb.

Barb dropped the beer can and the held her hand by her face as blood started pouring out from the cut. "Gnarly" Tommy said even though nobody but Carol was paying attention to what he was saying.

"Are you okay?" Nancy asked her friend with worrisome laced in her voice. "Yeah!" Barb told her.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Sabrina questioned, concerned for the girl as the cut was pretty bad. "Barb, you're bleeding" Nancy told her.

"I'm fine" Barb told her as she looked towards Steve. "Where's your bathroom?" She asked as she kept a hold of her hand, covering the blood that way it don't drip even more.

"Oh, it's uh, down past the kitchen, to the left" Steve told her while standing up from the chair and pointing the directions through the house.

"Okay! Thanks" Barb told him as she entered the house and started heading towards the bathroom to wash the blood off her cut before it gets infected.

"I'm going to go check on her" Evelyn stated as she headed to where Barb was heading.

Evelyn stopped in front of the bathroom door and lightly knocked on it. "Barb, it's Evelyn! Are you okay? Do you need some help?" She questioned, concerned for the girl.

"You can come in" She heard Barb lightly tell her. She opened the bathroom door to see Barb washing the cut with the first aid kit she found underneath Steve's bathroom sink.

"How's the hand?" Evelyn questioned. Barb looked away from her hand and over to where Evelyn stood, which was in front of the bathroom door.

"Hurts but I got the blood off and cleaned it plus got it kinda of wrapped" Barb told her. Evelyn smiled before walking towards Barb.

"Here, let me see your hand. I'll fix the bandage for you that way no blood would leak out" Evelyn told her as she offered her hand, Barb looked at Evelyn's hand and at her before gently placing her hand into Evelyn's hand.

Evelyn re-wrapped the bandage and made sure no blood can get out. "You know, Steve wouldn't leave Nancy and I alone unless we got you to come with us to his party" Barb stated, she saw Evelyn freeze at the mention of that before preceding with what she was doing.

"I actually didn't want to come, I wanted to be at home, listening to Queen by myself as I usually do" Evelyn told her. "Speaking of Queen, he wasn't even playing that until you came here".

Evelyn looked up towards Barb, "what do you mean? Steve said it was one of his favorite bands so why wouldn't he play it?" Evelyn told her. Barb let out a chuckle before putting her hand down from Evelyn's hold.

"Evelyn, I think Steve likes you more than he likes Nancy. He didn't even play a song that Nancy suggested but once you came, he puts Queen on because everyone knows it's your favorite band" Evelyn didn't believe anything Barb was telling her.

Steve Harrington does not like Evelyn Henderson the way everyone thinks he does. But little did Evelyn know , Steve Harrington did in fact like her, he's liked her since the end of sixth grade.

"I'm going to go home, hope your hand feels better Barb" Evelyn told her as she walked out from the bathroom. While turning back into the kitchen she bumped into Steve who was dripping wet and had towels in his hands.

"What happened to you?" Evelyn questioned. "We all jumped into the pool but now since it was get more colder out we decided to get out and get warm" Steve told her.

Evelyn nodded before finding Sabrina, who was the only one not soaking wet. "Sabrina didn't jump in, something about how you will get mad at her if she came in your car all wet" Steve mentioned.

"She's not wrong, listen Steve, thanks for the invite to the party but I'm going to start heading home" Evelyn told him as she started walking towards where Sabrina was at.

Evelyn felt Steve gently grab her hand, she looked from her hand to where Steve's hand was back to Steve. "Thank you for coming and please get home safe" Steve told her sincerely. It really did mean a lot to him that she showed up.

"No problem, goodnight" Evelyn told him as she gently got her hand out of his hold before walking towards Sabrina.

Steve Harrington really was grateful she came, it made his night. Little did everyone know that night will be the last time anyone saw Barbara Holland, who disappeared the same way Will Byers did.

author note:
surprise!! i decided to
publish this part a little early!!
hope you guys enjoy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

635K 12.1K 26
You're Billie's twin sister, both of you can either cope or fight each other. He's rough and violent and sometimes can't stop him from doing somethin...
24.6K 664 11
{COMPLETED AND EDITED: eventual Steve Harrington X Reader in the second book but this has a bit of Jonathan Byers X Reader} You are Dustin's older s...
43.9K 957 30
"š€š„š„ šˆ š¤š§šØš° š¢š¬ šˆ š°ššš¬, šžš§šœš”ššš§š­šžš š­šØ š¦šžšžš­ š²šØš®." Samantha Henderson, the older sister to Dustin, is swept into the world...
1.7M 52.3K 66
怌 šŸšŸ—šŸ•šŸ: Sarah Hopper is pronounced dead. Or so her parents are told. She's secreted away to Hawkins Laboratory by Dr. Brenner to enhance her pow...