Just A Daddy's Girl

By AshleiiSmithy

It’s hard to be without someone who has been there through thick and thin, and when they’re gone forever, wha... More

my little intro
my dedication
the real introduction of just a daddy's girl
My loss Part 1
My loss Part 2
My loss Part 3
5 years ago Part 2
Noticing a change part 1
noticing a change part 2

5 years ago part 1

12 1 0
By AshleiiSmithy

sorry spiltting up chapters again, anyway on with the story....

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

"Sami, angel are you awake?" he whispered while peering his head around the door. 

"Yes daddy, I heard you and mum arguing again, what's going on?" I asked him. He made his way to my bed and knelt down beside the bed. 

"Angel there's no easy way to say this but urm I'm leaving for good and I aint coming back" he replied. I could hear the regret in his voice. 

"I'm coming with you daddy" I shot back. "No, angel you can't okay" my dad said backing away from my bed. 

"Yes dad I can and I am. You always told me that it was me and you, you said it was the Sami and Cole story remember or was that all a lie?" 

I could feel the tears slowly falling down the side of my face. "No angel it wasn't a lie". "Then I'm coming, the story doesn't end here dad, I won't let it". 

I got out of bed and got dressed in to the nearest pair of clothes I could find. "Fine angel". He walked out of the room and came back seconds later holding a black holdall. 

"Fill this up princess ill be back in 10 minutes". He said whilst handing me the holdall and giving me a hug. I did as I was told and packed the holdall.

I was going to miss my old room, my dad made my room look amazing. 

I had a walk-in wardrobe with most of my clothes, a massive bed with a memory foam mattress. I had a couple of things hanging from the ceiling; all my games were on shelves and my books all on a stand. 

My room was blue and pink so I guess you could say it was a bit of both. 

I had all the clothes I wanted gathered and packed in no time and with time to spare I thought I'd pack a few extra things that weren't being left behind. 

I packed my 2 favourite books; great expectations by Charles Dickens and the Beatrix Potter selection. I placed them on top of the clothes making space for my other bits. 

I went and got my memory box from under my bed and my photo album from the drawer and also put them in the bag. Oh I almost forgot I needed to pack my favourite teddy bear. 

Look I may be 13 years old but come on its nice to have a little comfort every now and then and being an only child has its lonely moments. 

I had a few minutes spare so I decided to look for an old scrap piece of paper and write my mum a note. After I had written the note I re-read it to check it over, it read:

Mum,

I'm sorry about you and dad, maybe it was for the best none of you are happy all you do is argue together. I have decided that I want to go with dad where ever we go. I wasn't going to let him walk out the door without me. I am sorry I chose him over you but it is how it is. I am a daddy's girl and always will be. Just face it mum he can never be replaced but you can. I hope you can move on and make a new life for yourself. Sorry mum but this is goodbye.

Sami

P.S please don't try and contact me, I don't want to make it difficult to leave you and my life behind. I want to make a fresh start with dad. So if you could thanks.

I left the note in the middle of my bed hoping she would find it in the morning. I did feel that the note I wrote was a bit harsh but it was true, she always thought she could replace dad but she was wrong. 

I sat on the corner of my bed and waited for my dad to come back. As I waited I admired my room. I never thought id be leaving this room or this house behind. 

I didn't feel bad that I was leaving but I felt sorry for my mum, she would be alone in this house with no one too keep her company, well apart from grandma pat. 

But she is an old hag anyway so mum would still feel alone. I heard foot steps coming towards my room and then looked over to see my dad standing in the door way.

"Got everything angel?" he asked. "Yup everything is packed" I replied. I gave him a reassuring look to show I really did pack everything I wanted. 

"Then lets go angel" he said taking a hold of my holdall. "Okay daddy". I gave him a smile and turned to shut my door. I had one last glace around and whispered goodbye. 

I shut my bedroom door quietly; I didn't want mum coming to see what was going on, that would cause serious problems. I followed my dad down the stairs and out through the front door towards his car. 

I climbed into the passenger seat and waited. My dad went back to lock the door and put the bags inside the boot of the car. My dad had at least 3 bags and 1 suitcase. 

He must have packed them a couple of days ago or even before he came to check on me. Anyway he came back minutes later and hopped in the driver's seat. He gave me a wink and said "you ready angel?"

 "Ready daddy". He adjusted his seat and that was it, the car started and we were off. I didn't have a clue where we were going but I knew it would be far away from New Jersey. 

I waved goodbye as we drove through our neighbour hood, it was kind of sad because all my friends lived here and I went to school with most of them. 

I would make new friends and still have my old ones. When I knew where we were going I would text them to say my goodbye. 

That was the only downfall really; I have never been a new girl at a school before, well like my dad always says there's a first time for everything.  This was it; it would just be me and my dad from now on, a clean break. This was going to be one amazing adventure.

After a little while of driving I sort of lost track of where we were so by now I didn't have a clue, we could have been in the middle of nowhere as far as I'm concerned. 

I began to make a conversation with dad as it has been awkward in the car so far. "Dad is this going to be a new chapter in the Sami and Cole story" I asked. He took a quick glance at me and smiled. 

"Yes princess but it's not only a new chapter it's a new adventure and it's got our names on it" he gave me wink again and turned his attention back to the road. "I love you daddy".

 "I love you to angel". I decided I would take a nap as I was kept up with the arguing. I lent my head down onto the door and peered out of the window. 

I watched the different sceneries pass the window; it was dark outside but light enough to see the passing trees and buildings. It must have been about 1am I'm not sure, all I knew was I was tired and couldn't be bothered to move. 

Looking out the window was very relaxing; it helped me drift off to sleep. I was thinking of where we would be heading but I was too tired to focus anymore. My dad knew where he was going because he wasn't as focused on the road as he would be if he didn't know where he was going. 

My eyes began to hurt as I was fighting the sleep but I soon lost that fight. I ended up dreaming about the adventures me and my dad would have and what we would do together. 

Time passed by while I was asleep well in my case anyone would have thought I'd been knocked out.

 A couple days have gone by since we decided to pack up and leave my mum, but we still haven't got to where we are meant to be. I am getting kinda tired of sleeping in different motels; I mean I thought we would be at where ever it was we were going. 

We are constantly on the road during the day; dad seems to be getting a bit stressed from all the driving, we haven't really spoke seeing as I am always asleep as I can't sleep at the motels. So I haven't even asked him where we are going. 

I'm getting bored of living out of my holdall, I hardly have any clothes with me and I have to wash all my clothes at the laundry mat, I have already had them washed twice. 

I really can't wait until we finally get to where ever it is were suppose to be going. I understand dad wanted to go far away but how far is far away, I mean almost 5 days on the road, we have got to be close. 

To be honest the reason why i don't want to ask is because I do want it to be a surprise but I just don't know how longer I can wait till I get to sleep in a proper bed. 

It has also got me thinking about the arrangements my dad has made, its obvious that he has been thinking about this for sometime but hasn't got up and left till now. 

I'm pretty sure I wasn't part of the plan either. Thinking about that made me want to cry but I help it back knowing that was ridiculous and that I am and always will be my daddy's little girl. It's Thursday night and was still driving. 

I haven't been able to sleep at the motels, they are just so uncomfortable. I felt so out of place there. I decided it couldn't hurt if I fell asleep in the car. 

After all we have been in the road for about 6 days, when dad decides to pull over at another motel he'll just wake me up. 

I fell asleep quicker than I thought I would but oh well least I would be getting a decent sleep.

I woke up in a bed with the same covers as mine, at first I thought I was back at home until I fully opened my eyes. 

The room I was in was plain and bare, well apart from all the furniture. I knew I wasn't in my room also from the feel of the mattress. 

I saw my holdall on the floor by the bed; dad must have put it there when he put me to bed last night well technically this morning. 

I climbed out of the bed and went to investigate. I rummaged through my holdall looking for my slippers. 

I wandered out of the room in to a big opened spaced living room with 2 sliding doors leading somewhere. 

I couldn't see out as there were loads of plants blocking the doors. I saw that there were 3 other doors on the other side of the room. 

I wanted to know what was behind the doors so I went over to find out. I made little knock on the first door and waited, there wasn't a reply so I opened the door quietly turns out it's a bloody bathroom. 

I feel like a right fool knocking on an empty bathroom. Anyway on to the next door, I knocked again because I knew this wasn't going to be a bathroom and if it was I think I would have to kick myself. 

I waited again and still no reply so I opened it up, luckily I didn't have to kick myself it was a bedroom, a large one in fact. It was just as plain and bare as my room was. 

I noticed my dads bags in the corner of the room so I figured it must have been his room. I closed the door shut and made my way to the last door. 

Oh what the hell I couldn't be bothered to do the knocking and waiting again, it was only me and my dad for crying out loud. Well at least I think it was just me and my dad. 

Turns out the last room was another bedroom it was the same size as my room, it was also very plain so it must have been the spare room. I still wanted to check what was outside because I didn't get a chance as the bloody plant thingy's were in way, plus I knew my dad had to be around somewhere so it wouldn't hurt to look. 

I made my way across the living room and to the sliding doors. I slid the door open without a problem; I didn't even have to take a step out to know where we were. I could smell the sea from miles away, it was so fresh and I could here the wave's crash against one another. 

I took a step out on to the decking to see if my instincts were right but yet again they have never been wrong. I still didn't see my dad, he weren't on the nearby deck chairs but since the door was opened he had to be here somewhere.

"Dad, where you are" I shouted looking around to see if I could see him. "Angel I'm down here" he shouted back. "Down where, dad I can't see you". 

"Come down the stairs and around the left side of the house and you will see me." Urgggg why did my dad have to be so extra what was so important he couldn't just stand at the stairs but no dad was like I'm here, here and here, urg adults.

I made my way down the steps in the direction he told me to go. "There you are daddy" I said. 

I saw him instantly and ran over to give him a big hug. I pulled away from the hug after about 30seconds and looked up at him.

"Dad where are we?" I asked him. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

what you think?

dont forget to comment i always want to know what readers think?

if its sh*t say so lol

dont forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE

Ashleii xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
299 2 10
Change to disclaimer: I censored their name because they were getting death threats. THIS BOOK IS COMPLETE In my younger years, I accepted toxic mani...
47.3K 3.5K 39
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...
269 4 16
Dear Wattpad, This book is a sneak peak into how my brain works. Full disclosure: it does get a little weird up there sometimes. Mostly just ideas an...