Grace of Olympus

By TashaAmy1803

Grace is a tough nut to crack. She has to always have a certain level of decorum. But sometimes that goes to... More

Chapter One - Christmas Tragedy.
Chapter Two - A menial place
Chapter Three - Attack on The Capitol
Chapter Four - Warzone
Chapter Five - Some sort of a Plan
Chapter Six - The Lions Den
Chapter Seven - Showdown
Chapter Eight - Light and Grace
Chapter Nine - Love between two people
Chapter Eleven - Last Minute Plans
Chapter Twelve - A Set Funeral gone bad
Chapter Thirteen - Fight for our lives
Chapter Fourteen - Crash of Reality
Chapter Fifteen - Harley Quinn
Chapter Sixteen - Finally a friend
Chapter Seventeen - Not out of the woods, yet
Chapter Eighteen - Saving Love

Chapter Ten - A new Life

139 5 0
By TashaAmy1803

-Grace-

I was in Elizabeth 's nursery feeding her when there was a knock at the door and then it opened.

"I'm sorry for interrupting Ma'am" Clarissa my secretary looked away, forgetting what time of the day it was.

"It's okay, what is it?" I wonder fishing up and burping my daughter. She give a little humph and relaxed

"Ma'am, the President is home." I looked up from Elizabeth and smiled

"Okay, thank you Clarissa." Standing up with our 1 year old daughter I made my way to the kitchen. Ben was getting water from the fridge when he turn round and saw us.

"Good run?" I question joining him

"Yeah. Mike was he usual self." He came over and kissed both of our heads

"You gave him some time off right? Leah is going crazy because the nursery isn't done." I conversed settling down on one of the island chairs.

"Yes I did. Don't worry." Lizzy reached out to touch her father's face. Ben laughed and took her off me.

"Awh perfect timing, you can changer her nappy. While I go chat with Connor, he had his first date last night." he raised his eyebrow while I smiled deviously at him

"I love you." he beamed

"I love you too sweetie." I pecked his lips and went to go talk to Connor. I was just at the beginning of our phone call when Amara our nanny brought Elizabeth back in, all changed. I silently thanked her.

"Where's Lizzy?" Connor asked

"Right here." I bent down  to where she was playing on the floor and picked her up resting her on my lap.

"Lizzy look, Connor." She looked at me questionably.

"Lizzy" Connor called and she turned her head and started giggling.

"She really misses you clearly." Lizzy went to reach out  to try and get her brother, we both laughed.

"And Dad?"

"Your Dad I assume is  in his office" I glanced down at my watch i had been on the phone with him for over an hour. " wanna speak with him." He nodded. I called for Amara to come and watch Lizzy as I headed for the Oval Office.

It still felt incredibly weird being the First Lady of the US. At first it didn't feel right I was just the second wife. Maggie would always be the first and that was alright with me. But resuming her duties as First Lady still made me worry. That and the fact that every time I was meant to be seen as a graceful woman, the secret service in me showed. I can't count how many times both Ben and Mike told me to relax.

"Ben, I have Connor on video chat." I told him, giving a smile to Rose, Ben's secretary as I came in.

"Excellent, he had his first date last night." Ben told Rose. But before I could give him the laptop an advisor came in.

"Mr President, you need to take this sir." And advisor came in picking up his phone.

"Sir, Speaker of the house." Rose added

"You need to take this now sir." Ben looked at me and I nodded he took the phone and I sat down

"This is the president." He answered. I watched his face frown slightly and sigh, before nodding a little.

"Okay, thank you." He put the phone down

"What is it?" I asked

"James, the British Prime Minister, died ."

"Oh." I looked at them around me. I knew what this meant and it was a shit show, that needed to be well put together and quickly.

"Okay."

"Grace? Grace?!" Connor called from the laptop.  I lifted the screen up and he he knew something was wrong."

"What happened."

"I'll tell him." Ben said and I handed the laptop to him. Then turned to everyone else.

"Okay, all of you out. Rose, I'll speak with Mr Trumbull and have a call connected to Miss Jacobs and Mike for me as well."

"Grace you don't have to do that." I looked at the two and shooed them out.

"You have just lost a great friend and ally. Anything to make this easier, yes I will. Now speak with Connor." I left the Oval office and went to my own office.

"Ma'am, Vice President on line one." Clarissa informed me as i entered

"Thank you." I closed the door behind me and grabbed the phone pressing button number one.

"Hello Allan." I smiled slightly

"Mrs Asher? I thought I was being put through to the President." He replied

"You were and then in the space of a minute everything changed. I hate to be the one to cut your trip short but it's all hands on deck." I answered "We need you back here."

"What happened?"

"Prime Minister James Wilson, he's just passed away. We just got thew news." I explained

"I see."

"And we all know what this means."

"State funeral." he answered and I hummed in response, it wasn't just us and state funerals were usually a spare of the moment but it was tightened when the death was premature.

"Correct, sorry."

"It's fine, I will be back shortly." He agreed, not that he had much choice, with Ben having to go to England he would be in temporary charge until we got back.

"I tell you what, next time you'll get an extra three days." He chuckled

"That would be nice." we said our goodbyes and then spoke to Lynne. We dispensed with the niceties. I knew her position.

"I just heard."

"Yeah, nothing is ever simply when your a leader is it. Think you come up with a plan in time."

"Do you not know me at all?" I chuckled, of course she would have, it wouldn't be easy but there is no one i trusted more.

"Silly question. I'll call Mike." I groaned "You know this was supposed to be baby prep week. I'm so dead."

"Your over exaggerating." she scoffed and I rolled my eyes

"No, I'm not. You know it. I'll talk with you later." I then phoned Mike. Leah answered

"Hello."

"Hi Leah, It's Grace. You're not gonna like it but I need to speak with Mike." I spoke and heard her sigh.

"He's going away isn't he?" I didn't answer cause she already knew. "I'll put him on." I heard shuffling about.

"It's Grace. Don't worry, my mom can come over."  there was the exchange of the phone  before hearing Mike's voice.

"Hey Gracie." he answered

"Hey, sorry to be the barer of bad news but its time to come in."

"Okay. I'll talk to Lynne and see you later."

"Alright." I hung up and rubbed my face. State funerals, sucked majorly. But needs must and all that.

------

I sat up in bed that night reading, over some documents Ben asked me to go through.

"You do know I'm coming with your right?" I directed towards my husband. He looked up from what he was working on.

"What?" he asked

"To the funeral." I clarified and he put down his papers giving me his full attention.

"No, Grace." he denied

"Yes. I'm not taking no for an answer this time. Planned trips fine, all well in advice paranoid circumstances covered to the full. But last minute ones where I especially have a bad feeling. Yes." there wasn't room for argument.

"And who will look after Elizabeth? That and Connor's coming home the day after tomorrow." I raised my eyebrow he groaned "I don't mean it like that."

"Too late. My Mother is coming to stay and Connor likes her. " I turn fully to face him.

"You'll be much safer here." I roll my eyes.

"Of course I will" I drawled not believing him "Because my name is something other than Grace Carter Asher. Ben, I have taken a backseat on a lot of stuff. It's what I needed to do as a wife, mother and first lady. But you're not talking me out of it." He sighed. "You're not winning this one either, I've already told Lynne and Mike about it."

"Fine."

"Good." I kissed him and went back to what I was doing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 70 34
Between love and loss, forgetting and remembering, will this young couple survive what's to come? Will something happen to make Erza fall for another...
1.7K 226 16
Grace Wagner lives a simple life as a hostage negotiator. Well, as simple as she can get for being a hostage negotiator. She has her moments. But the...
57 0 7
Grace. A girl who just moved to town. Knew nothing about her new school. No one accepted her except her only friend, Lucy. Sarcastic and guarded. A s...
2K 105 32
That kiss was...amazing. Our foreheads, still touching, as his eyes bore into mine. "Grace?" "Yea..." "I Love you." With those three words I knew at...