𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏 𝑪𝒓𝒐𝒘 | Haiky...

By Shixgami20

❝ᶠᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵈᵒʷⁿ ⁱˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃ ᶠᵃⁱˡᵘʳᵉ. ᶠᵃⁱˡᵘʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵃʸ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡᵉⁿ.❞ -- (M/n) (l/n) a second y... More

• one •
• two •
• three •
• four •
• five •
• six •
• seven •
• eight •
• nine •
• ten •
• eleven •
• twelve •
• thirteen •
• fourteen •
• fifteen •
• sixteen •
• seventeen •
• eighteen •
• nineteen •
• twenty •
• twenty-one •
• twenty-two •
• twenty-three •
• twenty-five •
• twenty- six •

• twenty-four •

1.8K 58 5
By Shixgami20

Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name

_____

• twenty-four •

Silence enveloped the court.

Daichi stared, wide-eyed, at the floor as to where the ball had just landed. Nishinoya stayed in place, frozen, his eyes also wide in disbelief. (m/n) cursed under his breath, knowing full-well that his hunch had been correct all along. He glanced over to Oikawa and gritted his teeth. Cocky bastard. (M/n) thought, a vein appearing on his forehead.

Even though the setter had missed his serve, it had still affected the team.

Oikawa smiled as he stared at (m/n). You expected it... but you weren't prepared. The brunet thought as he made his way back to his position, still a little upset that he had missed his serve. (m/n) took a deep breath. Stay calm. He told himself and turned to Daichi, patting his shoulder with a reassuring smile surfacing on his (pale, freckled, tan etc) complexion. Daichi smiled a little, understanding what (m/n) was trying to do and nodded, turning to the slightly shaken up team.

"Don't mind!" The captain spoke, his tone a little shaky.

"We couldn't do anything about that one," (m/n) took over, getting the teams attention, "and I know that that serve seemed a little impossible to get but... Yuu-chin--"

"I've got your backs!" Nishinoya declared, pointing to himself, "I'll handle the battle on the grounds so you guys can take flight and fight in the air!"

(m/n) smiled and ruffled Nishinoya's hair, "that's right! So let's not have one serve get to us! Remember, he's human too," (m/n) grinned, "let's win this game in straight sets! Karasuno...!"

"Fight!!"

Daichi chuckled as the team their moods turned a full one-eighty with a few simple, yet encouraging, words from (m/n) and Nishinoya. The blackette gave (m/n) a hard slap on the back, his smile simply saying, "thanks".

"He really is an interesting person..." Oikawa chuckled.

(m/n) took a deep breath as he bounced the ball once, resting his forehead against the ball as he closed his eyes. The cheers of the audience had completely disappeared, his heart rate had receded to its normal pace and his body fumed with warmth. He opened his eyes, a completely different atmosphere surrounding him as he tossed the ball up.

Nishinoya flinched at the change and a nervous smile sprawled across his face. I know I probably shouldn't worry, but I hope you guys' have a hard head! Nishinkya thought, mentally praying for his teammates in case the serve had missed.

Let's return the favour. (M/n) thought.

The second year jumped and with all his strength, his hand hit the ball. The ball soared through the air like a jet and straight over to Oikawa. The ball hit the very corner of the court, perfectly hitting the line. The ball bounced all the up to the audience, surprising Aoba Johsai, and their cheer squad.

Relief washed over Nishinoya as he sighed and a smug grin formed on his face as he watched Aoba Johsai attempt to recollect themselves. I've been working with (m/n)'s serves ever since the match against Jouzenji, and he never holds back. God they were so painful...! Nishinoya mentally sobbed.

"Give us another good serve!" Nishinoya grinned, giving the taller male a thumbs up.

(M/n) smiled and nodded as he shuffled back over to the serving line. Once more, giving Aoba Johsai another strong serve. Oikawa grunted as he managed to get under the ball, falling back in the process. Watari rushed to cover, tossing it up for Kyoutani to take the final hit.

Daichi ran towards the net, managing to get his arms out to intercept the spikes course but failed to properly get it up as he was knocked down from the intense strength behind the ball. Aoba Johsai cheered as Daichi was helped up by Tanaka. The team recollected themselves, awaiting for the next serve to come at them.

Iwaizumi served the ball in which Nishinoya got it up with ease, Kageyama tossed it up to (m/n) for a back attack but Iwaizumi easily picked it up. Oikawa smiled, complimenting his best friend's receive and tosses the ball up to Hanamaki. The peach haired teens' eyes widened at the sudden appearance of Hinata's hands.

"One touch!" The ginger yelled, looking back to see (m/n) scrambling for the save in which Tanaka and Kageyama follow through, Tanaka let out a roar as he hit a line shot but glared at Watari who had managed to get in the way of his spikes course.

"Sorry!" Watari yelled, preparing to follow through for a blocked spike.

Oikawa rushed over to the ball as Matsukawa ran towards the net, Hinata and Tanaka bunched together, preparing themselves to stop the quick attack. Oikawa smirked and did a back toss to Kyoutani, surprising the blockers. Kageyama cursed under his breath as the ball had soared right past him, unable to even lift his arm to save the ball.

(m/n) walked over to Kageyama and ruffled his hair before pulling him close, surprising the raven head and making him blush profusely at the abrupt close contact.

"I'll do a toss for the second touch, look out for it, okay?" (m/n) whispered in his ear before walking back to the back row.

Kageyama raised his eyebrow but chose to question (m/n)'s motives. I've never synced up with (m/n)'s tosses before, let alone hit one of his tosses... but since he seemed confident im sure things will be just fine. Kageyama thought and waited for Iwaizumi's serve.

Daichi dived to the side, getting the ball up. (m/n) smiled at the receive as it floated up in the air nicely. That's Dai-chin for you, its exactly what I needed.. (m/n) chuckled and rushed to the ball, jumping right before the back line and aimed to spike.

"What?!" Hanamaki cursed as himself, Oikawa and Matsukawa bunched to block the spike, attempting to get at least a one touch.

Kageyama's eyebrows furrowed, finally noticing what (m/n) was aiming for as he secured his running distance. As soon as he had done so, (m/n) smiled and switched from his spiking motion to an immediate setting posture, catching the blockers off guard. He tossed the ball up to Kageyama. The setter jumped, the ball fitting with his hand perfectly as he managed a straight shot.

The team rushed over to (m/n) surrounding him as if he had just won the MVP award. Tanaka head locked the taller male, ruffling his hair and punching his side. Daichi slapped (m/n)'s back hard and Kageyama double high-fiving him hard.

"(m/n) that was unbelievable!!!" Hinata yelled as he and Nishinoya jumped onto the second year, cheering.

"When did you learn to do that?!" Daichi asked, baffled by the sudden trick.

"Your toss was amazing (m/n)!!" Kageyama complimented, stars in his eyes and excitement circulating in his tone.

"You guys are gonna kill him..." Tsukishima said from the sidelines, keeping his emotions in check, but his eyes exposed every bit of jealousy he felt. Sugawara chuckled half-heartedly, patting the tall blonds shoulder to keep him calm.

"Let's just say... it's a trick that Akaa-chin and I performed some time ago," (m/n) grinned and turned to look at Oikawa, his (e/c) hues seemingly glowing towards the brunet. 'Didn't expect that now did you, flamboyant weirdo?' his gaze seemed to ask.

"Tch," Oikawa let out, "he's interesting and annoying...!"

"You keep staring at each other, you guys secret lovers or something?" Matsukawa asked, his face as neutral as ever.

"No, he's just super annoying that I want to crush him with my own two hands...!" Oikawa answered through gritted teeth, a vein appearing on his forehead.

Daichi stared at the scores and took a deep breath, "alright, let's catch up to them, one by one!!" He declared.

"Osu!"

Twelve to fourteen... Aoba Johsai's favour... (m/n) thought as he bounced the ball once, doing his usual routine for a stronger serve. Once he closed his eyes, as usual, he visualised the whole court, deciding on where to aim. As soon as he opened them, he let his serve rip right through and over to Kyoutani.

Kyoutani growled as he was knocked back from the strong serve once more.

"It's coming over!" Daichi yelled and bumped it up and over to Kageyama.

"Tanaka-san!" Kageyama yelled, tossing the ball to the other side where Tanaka had already taken off, the blockers being a second too late.

"One and a half blockers!" Tanaka grinned, hitting the ball but unexpectedly, Kunimi had been there to pick the ball up. Oikawa tossed it over to Iwaizumi who managed a block out, using Kageyama's arm.

_____

The points rolled in one by one with Karasuno still behind and Aoba Johsai maintaining a comfortable lead. Ukai watched from the bench, and turned to Sugawara who waited patiently to be switched out. We should be able to gather some points with him, but if push comes to shove... Ukai thought as he released a sigh.

Sugawara held the number eleven stick and once he was given the go, he switched with Tsukishima. (m/n) turned to Sugawara, giving him a reassuring smile and a thumbs up as the third year held the ball, ready to serve to his target. Sugawara returned the gesture and felt a feeling of serenity qash over him.

Strange... Sugawara thought but chose not to dwell on it, embracing the calm and peace he felt.

The whistle blew and the referee gave him the go to serve, immediately Sugawara served to Kyoutani, the ball dropping right before the buzz cut male, forcing him to take a knee and oppressing his chance to join the others to attack.

Kindaichi hit the ball past the blockers in which, Sugawara easily managed to pick it up with Kageyama making quick work for the chance and attempting a quick. The team cheered as they scored a point, taking their first step into catching up with Aoba Johsai.

"Nice you two!" Tanaka grinned, head locking Kageyama as he ruffled his hair, a boisterous laugh escaping his mouth.

"Give us another!" Daichi smiled at the co-captain making Sugawara smile and nod as he fleetly walked to the service line.
Sugawara served the ball to Kyoutani once more, delaying his chance to attack. The winger spike let out a low growl as he watched Iwaizumi spike. Daichi quickly dove to the side getting the ball up. Kageyama withdrew from his position by the net, and Sugawara switching with Kageyama.

All of the members started to run towards the net, having five attackers as opposed to the usual four. Sugawara managed a back toss to Kageyama who scored a line shot with clear precision, earning them another point.

The whistle blew and Karasuno cheered when they had realised that Aoba Johsai had called a timeout. The team quickly shuffled to the bench, getting their much-needed refreshments, and drying their sweat-tainted skin. (m/n) looked over towards Aoba Johsai then to the scoreboard, the scores being nineteen to twenty-two.

(m/n) looked over to the sidelines, seeing the pure determination brimming in Yamaguchi's eyes. His lips curled in a smile, and he turned away, putting his beverage and towel back. Looks like he's done running away. He thought as he cracked his knuckles. We should finish the set here, if they score anymore, we'll be in deep trouble.

"Coach, I think Tada-chin is going to burn holes into your head if you don't reassure him or at least... let him go on the court." (m/n) chuckled making Ukai laugh a little.

"Yeah, don't worry, he'll get his chance," Ukai smiled and pushed (m/n) onto the court, "now get out there and win this set, you brats!"

"Osu!"

The team walked back onto the court with Sugawara walking to the base line, getting a ball from one of the ball boys. Once more, his serve aimed towards Kyoutani, but what surprised him was the sight of Kyoutani retreating. Hanamaki managed an easy over-hand pass to Oikawa as Kyoutani secured his running distance, awaiting his chance to finally land another cross shot.

Tsk... they found a solution faster than I thought... Sugawara remarked as he prepared to receive the shot. Kyoutani ran, arching his back and hit the ball with all his might. The ball soared across the court and with a loud 'bam', it concluded Sugawara's chance to stay on the court any longer.

Sugawara sighed. I wanted to at least get us tied... but I should've known a little better. Sugawara thought and a small smile surfaced on his pale complexion. Still, it was nice to play with (m/n) for the first time... although I did want to set to him at least once. A pout surfaced on the silver heads face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 8.2K 24
(Y/N) is a second year at Fukurodani High school, and on their girls volleyball team. She's very good at what she does, she can play almost every pos...
7.9K 268 57
"Let's play a game." "What kind of game." "It's to see how much we can annoy each other until the other wants to switch rooms." "You're on." This is...
805K 22K 41
A haikyuu fanfic!! A normal girl, with a big passion for volleyball goes to Karasuno and she is determined to be the best volleyball player, even th...
484K 9.9K 83
LMAO I WROTE THIS 3 YEARS AGO ⚠️CRINGE WARNING⚠️ Hi! This is my first story but I hope you all enjoy! Requests are closed temporarily, I hope you und...