Fools in Love

By bert3005

[Third book in the Fools series] *Read Fools then Fools Fall before reading this book* Noah Wright is going i... More

Cast
Author's Note/Recap
1- Sam
2- Noah
3- Sam
4- Noah
6- Noah
7- Sam
8- Noah
9- Sam
10- Noah
11- Sam
12-Noah
13- Sam
14- Noah
15- Sam
16- Noah
17- Sam
18- Noah
19-Sam
20- Noah
21- Sam
22- Noah
23- Sam
24- Noah
25- Sam
26- Noah
27- Sam
28- Noah
29- Sam
Author's Note
30- Noah
31. Sam

5- Sam

2.8K 167 94
By bert3005

Sam

The first day of school was awkward.

If you're not familiar, before you can go into college level math, you have to take a test to see where you're at in solving mathematical problems and such. If you get a low grade, you take a math 101 class that is kind of like a refresher class before going into college level. If you pass, you go straight to the college level class.

I assumed Noah didn't pass his math test (he's always been bad at math, no judgement). Either that or he decided not to start math until the following year because Noah was sitting in the back row of college level one class- math 102- where I just entered.

My ex who yelled at me to stay away from him was attending the same class as me. Fantastic.

Luckily, Noah didn't seem to notice me with his head hanging low. He was leaning against his chair, looking unapproachable with his arms crossed, hoodie up, and bored expression on his face.

I ducked my head and quickly got into a seat to the farthest chair in the front row. I didn't want to see him and I sure as heck didn't want him to see me.

One thing I was positive about from our talk at the party; Noah's anger issues hasn't changed. Go figure.

I pulled out my phone.

Ben❤️
Today 8:50 AM

Picking a 9am math class
was a horrible mistake. I
need coffee!! Please save me

Ben responded to my message right away; he also had math early, but not until Wednesday.

Lol I wish I could, I'd do
anything to lay in bed w
you rn.

Mmm and what would you
do to me if we were in bed ?

I'll tell you tonight 😉

I was about to reply to that when my professor walked in. Putting my phone on silent, I slid it in my pocket.

The professor was short and on the heavier side with a big round belly, covered with a sweater vest over a blue button down dress shirt and wore tan slacks. He had thick glasses, a receding hairline, and a scruffy beard. He spoke with a rough, aged voice, "Welcome to Math 102. I'm Professor Weber. I'm gonna do roll call real fast- see how many students walked into the wrong class," he received a few chuckles from that. "Then pass out the syllabus."

Oh God, roll call? How did I not think of that? I sunk lower in my chair. I'll just raise my hand when I'm called instead of saying 'here'. Oh crap, that obviously won't matter; Noah's gonna hear my name called whether I announced that I was there or not.

Part of me wished I was actually in the wrong class as Professor Weber began ticking off names. Alphabetically.

He was at the M's. "Kelly Mars?"

"Here."

"John Martin?"

A hand was raised.

"Sarah Moore?"

"Here." With a hand up.

"Sam Moretti?"

Oh no. I raised my hand and Professor Weber moved on. I dared a look back in Noah's direction and he was looking at me. His expression unreadable. I faced the front of the room and zoned out the entire time our Professor discussed the syllabus and upcoming assignments.

The only thing I could think about was whether me being in this class with Noah will be destructive or not.

As soon as class ended, I bolted out of there. But it didn't matter because Noah was at my side a moment later. "Convenient you're in my class," Noah spoke, but neither of us faced the other as we headed down the stairs. "Do I need to get a restraining order?"

I let out a humorless laugh, "I passed my entry math class, did you?" We exited the building and I wasn't surprised he continued following me after I made that comment.

Noah scoffed, "Always thinking you're better than everyone," he muttered.

I stopped in my tracks on the paved sidewalk. It was two times the size of the average sidewalk for more footage. Noah and I stood to the side. "You know that's a lie, I never judged you," I said firmly. "And believe it or not, Noah, it didn't even cross my mind that you'd be in this class because I wasn't thinking about you when I picked my classes. Self obsessed much?"

I couldn't stop talking and defending myself; maybe because Noah never gave me the chance to speak on Saturday. "And what happened to not speaking to each other?" I questioned with my arms crossed.

"You're the one who decided to go to a school where you knew I was. Were you thinking about me then?" He asked in a seething tone.

Yes, I was. Noah was all I thought about when choosing which school I'd go to. But no way in hell I was going to let Noah know that. "No. I haven't thought about you in months. Almost a year, actually," I said in a calm tone, but my words were poisonous and ready to kill.

But I felt like crap when I watched Noah's tight expression falter a bit. He swallowed before saying "fuck you," and he bumped my shoulder as he walked past me.

My heart fell to my stomach, feeling culpable. I didn't expect that. I expected him to call me out on my bullshit; he had to know I was lying. How could I not think about him? I figured Noah would have some snarky comeback, but he left looking hurt. I felt like a stupid middle schooler making cruel joke- I was childish.

I hated to admit it- and this probably made me more childish- but arguing with Noah was like an adrenaline rush and I knew I was addicted to it.

As soon as I walked outside my dormitory and spotted Ben, a big grin formed on my face and I ran up to him. He caught me in his arms with a laugh, "It's good to see you too."

It was seven pm, Ben picking me up right on time as promised.

We pulled back and his hands slid down to my waist. "I'm ready for our date. Today was so boring; all we did was go over the syllabus in all of my classes." I had the same three classes on Monday and Wednesday- Math, English, and Speech. On Friday I had psychology which I was looking forward to.

With my boyfriend's hand in mine, we turned towards Ben's car. "Yeah, that was how my day went too," he said and opened the door for me before settling into the drivers seat.

We were off to the restaurant and I told Ben about Kai and how he mumbles random things in his sleep, and Ben told me about his roommate.

"I'm so jealous," Ben groaned. We walked up to the restaurant. "You got stuck with someone cool with lesbian parents which makes him cooler," I chuckled at that. "And I got stuck with a 'frat bro' who owns way too many flat-bill, snapback hats."

"I'm sorry," I laughed as Ben opened the door for me. But my laughing ceased and I stopped in my tracks.

No, no, no. What is he doing here?

"You okay?" Ben asked, his hand on my lower back for comfort.

"Yeah." No, I wasn't okay.

Wow. God really had a twisted sense of humor because when Ben and I walked into Rosemary, Noah Wright was wiping down a table and placing dirty dishes in a bin.

Noah worked at Rosemary. Of course my ex worked at the restaurant my boyfriend was taking me too.

He wasn't looking our way. In fact, he was faced the opposite direction, so I could only see the back of him. But I'd know the back of Noah even through the dark (especially the back of him without clothes... but that's neither here nor there).

Noah was dressed like all the other males in the restaurant: black dress pants, black apron around his waist, white button down with the sleeved cuffed. A burgundy vest over his button down. They must not have regulated what type of shoes because Noah was wearing black converse.

Ben only noticed my discomfort, he hadn't noticed Noah until my ex turned around and we locked eyes. "We can go," Ben offered almost anxiously.

"No," I broke eye contact with Noah to face Ben. "You raved about this place. I'm here with you," I grabbed his hand, squeezing slightly with a reassuring smile. Noah wasn't going to ruin my date with Ben. I turned and scared anxiously at the podium with the sign 'Please wait and a host will be with you,' taped to it. I wanted to take our seats already. "Let's just pray he's not our waiter," I muttered.

I peaked back over at Noah and saw an older woman approach him. She looked a bit frantic (it was pretty busy that night, so her mood was understandable) as she spoke to Noah before leaving.

I couldn't here from where I stood, but he seemed to groan in frustration when she left.

Then he started heading our way. Oh no.

I looked away and took a step closer to Ben- my safety net. I refused to look up until Noah said, "Sorry for the wait. Just two?" He questioned in a forced pleasant tone.

"Just two," Ben confirmed.

"Great," Noah grabbed two menus and two sets of silverware that was wrapped in a fancy napkin. "This way." And he lead us to our table.

**

How convenient.

Okay, FucK schedules, it makes posting feel like homework and I get too excited for you guys to read!!!

Next chapter out soon!

-Xoxo, Bert

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fools By Bert_3005

Teen Fiction

1.2M 50.1K 60
Sam Moretti is new to Crestfield High, so first impressions are everything, right? What happens if your first impression is spilling iced coffee all...
161K 9.5K 105
Four BoyxBoy Couples ♡♡♡♡ When teens finally move away from home to live on campus, things are bound to get messy and wild! See how a handful of boys...
164K 7.6K 37
[sequel to Fools] Noah and Sam are happy and in love... and living an hour away from each other while Sam enters his senior year of high school and...
733K 30.1K 23
Falling for bad boy Reed isn't something sixteen year old Caleb planned on doing this summer. In fact he planned on being as antisocial as ever. When...