Tapped For Death

By HotFictionalGuys

DISCONTINUED Y/n is the owner of a little coffee shop in the middle of Washington D.C. It was just another d... More

chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

chapter 1

56 3 37
By HotFictionalGuys

"Thank you." The man disappeared out the door, I let out a long sigh, seeing another car pull up in front of my little coffee shop. I checked on the pastries under the glass case, I was running low, I'll have to close up after this customer to go back and make more. I ran this place all alone, mostly because working with other people was a drag, they were always so whiny, and irrational. A man walked up to the counter, I looked up at him and did a double take that was too obvious for my comfort. He was hot. He had stunning whiskey eyes, dark brown hair, and looked like a walking greek statue. Which I am aware are not very attractive by the way, but the statues were based off the gods who were said to have had impeccable looks. Therefore I was just trying to make a statement.

"Hello." His voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I practically drooled at his voice, it was deep, but not too deep, not a manly deep, but sexy, hypnotizing, sleek, kind of deep.

"Oh," I let out a quick gasp, "hello. How help may I you?" What the fuck just came out of my mouth.

"Excuse me?" He asks, my cheeks flush red obviously embarrassed.

"Sorry, it's been one of those days." I chuckle. "How may I help you?"

"What is the most expensive thing you got on the menu?" My eyebrows raise a bit, no one ever just orders the most expensive thing.

"I, um, probably the pumpkin spice frappuccino." I tell him, he looks at the board, scowling.

"That's ridiculous." He looks at me. He puts down double the price the board says.

"Two and a half dollars is not enough, Starbucks charges five dollars and something for theirs." He informs me. I just look at him mouth agape.

"How bout you hurry up and get the man his drink so we can move along, eh?" The guy behind the one I was just talking to said. I just nodded, knowing if I was only working here and didn't own the place, I wouldn't have a job after today.

"How bout you shut the hell up and wait a damn moment." The dark haired phenomenon turned and told the guy. I just stood and looked between the two guys. The second guy cursed under his breath and stormed out.

"Sorry, for making you lose a customer," he said plainly.

"No, don't say sorry, I can't say anything, otherwise I would have. Maybe you should come around more often." That was my pathetic attempt at flirting. What I really wanted to say was 'I like you, I'm gonna keep you.'.

But I refrained from letting that escape my mouth. What I said seemed to not do so badly because he smiled at me.

"What was your name?" He asked me. What the hell was my name? I had to look down at my name tag.

"Y/n." I say.

"Well y/n it was a pleasure to meet you." He said taking his drink and exiting. By the time I realized I hadn't gotten his name back, he had already driven around the block. I approached the door to put up the closed sign so I could head into the back and make some more pastries.

~Time skip~

The rest of my day seemed to be fairly boring, consisting of a couple people, and a group of teenagers that came to study. I remember being a teenager, it wasn't that long ago, I am only 20. My mind keeps going back to that guy from earlier, I really hope I am able to see him again.

I entered the door to my little house, closing and locking the door. I put my stuff down and went to my fridge. There was nothing so I just decided to eat an apple and some ramen for dinner.

Deciding to turn in early for the night, I changed into my pajamas, and hopped in bed. I grabbed my phone, and checked the security camera footage from earlier, there was what seemed like a quarter of a second where his face was visible to the camera. I loved his features, the way hisnose slightly curved up at the tip, those amazing whiskey eyes, his moles, and his scruffy hair. I loved it all.

I set my phone down, plugging it in, and set my head down on the pillow.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I groaned at the sound of my alarm. I have reached the point in my life where the only thing that goes through my head in the morning is.

Just 20 more minutes, just 30 more minutes, I'm gonna skip work today, I'm quitting my job. But then I remember I own the damned business. I managed to get myself out of my bed, and pull on my favorite work outfit. Grabbing my favorite breakfast and a glass of water, I took a seat on the tiny couch that was placed in the middle of my apartment. I checked my social media, not much to look at, just a couple of new posts from some friends, but that's it. After I finished I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, looked myself over in the mirror and smiled.

My vehicle was not the nicest, but I liked it, it is a Robin eggs blue 1980 Jeep CJ5. I hopped in, turned on my music playlist, and pulled out, I cruised down the road, singing along to my favorite song. It seemed like forever but I finally reached the cafe, I slipped out of my Jeep, and walked up to the door. It was around 7:30 am. That guy from yesterday came around 7:40ish. I really hope he comes again, so I can atleast get his name. I rushed to unlock the door and run back to get my apron, when I came back he stood right there. A smile immediately made its way onto my face.

"Hello. Have we met before, I don't think I recognise you?" I say jokingly.

"Oh really, you must have a terrible memory." He says, smiling.

"I never caught your name." I tell him.

"Mitch Rapp." That is a badass name.

"Mine is y/n."

"I know, you already told me."

"Oh sorry." I chuckle.

"So what can I get you today?"

"The same as yesterday please."

"No problem." I hurried to the back to fix up his drink for him. I decided to get creative, and wrote my number on the side of the cup. When I finished, I passed him his cup and he once again paid double.

"There you go Mitch." I say.

"Thank you. I'll be back." My mind goes blank when he says that. A couple minutes after he leaves, some more people come in, they had a weird vibe though, like the kinda vibe that makes me wish I had a shotgun under my front desk.

"How can I help you?" I ask, at first the man just looks at me, then at what seemed like a lightning speed, his hand reached across the counter, grabbed my arm and pulled me over the counter.

"What the fuck." I looked at him, and one of the guys went and closed all the blinds in my shop. I was scared, I wish Mitch could've been here. One of the men pulled a chair over, I was forced to sit down, and my wrists were bound to the arms of the chair.

"Hello gorgeous." One of the men walks over to me. He grabs my lower jaw with one big hand. I wasn't going to tolerate this, I snapped my head to the side, and bit his hand. I might not be the baddest, or most trained girl, but I sure as hell wouldn't let some dick push me around. I glared at him, blood trickled down his hand. Obviously he wasn't gonna have any of my bullshit either. He brought up the hand I bit and backhanded me across the face.

"Now listen here, you are gonna tell us everything you know about Mitch Rapp. Or I'm gonna slice your pretty little throat."

"I don't know anything about him, we just met yesterday." I tell him still glaring. My thin frame was trembling, and my cheeks were wet with tears.

"If mitch were here he would chop your fucking head off." I spit at the guy.

"Tell me—after my head is chopped off, will I still be able to hear, at least for a moment, the sound of my own blood gushing from the stump of my neck?

That would be the pleasure to end all pleasures." He leans closer to me. This caught me off guard.

"You are sick, you know you are gonna be sorry for this right?" I try to hide my fear,

"I am sorry for only two things. These two things are I am sorry that I have mistreated some few animals in my life-time and I am sorry that I am unable to murder the whole damned human race." This pushed me over the edge, I knew I was gonna die.

"Grab her, let's go." I struggled against his grip.

"If you don't struggle my dear, I might be able to resist the urge to keep my hands off you." At that moment I stopped fighting, the last thing I wanted was his hands on my body. I was forced into the covered bed of a pick up truck. They had my hands tied in front of me, just then I felt a vibration. My phone, thank the good frickin lord. It took me a minute but I was able to get my phone. Unknown caller, I didn't care at this point, I just needed help.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"It's Mitch." I let out a low sob of relief. I heard his voice start to ask what was wrong but I cut him off.

"Mitch, some guys took me, they were asking about you, I need your help, I can't do this on my own. They are driving a 2008 brown Buick Enclave. I will kick the taillight out so you can see us better." I kicked out the tail light and looked around, I recognized where I was.

"We are going down the street where Ceres bakery is." I told him.

"I will be right there." I watched out the hole I made for a bit, and saw a car that had been following us for a while. I took my phone out to call Mitch but the stupid bastard was dead. We suddenly took a sharp turn and I rolled across the bed of the truck, a couple more sharp turns and then a sudden stop. I heard doors opening and closing, the tail gate was dropped and once again was pulled out of the bed of the truck.

"You little bitch, you ruined my tail light." That one guy, the boss, stalks up to me. "Take her to room A13." He tells the guy, who immediately starts pushing me into a building, a small building, but it looked over a thousand years old. I was led into a room, where my wrists were duct taped to the armrests and a strip of tape had been placed over my mouth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 2.1K 22
"π˜πŽπ” πŒπ€πŠπ„ πŒπ„ 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 π“πŽ π‹πŽπ•π„ π€π†π€πˆπ." ✰ AMERICAN ASSASSIN mitch rapp x female oc cover by @plutoqissed
19.5K 1.6K 9
Tay is the heir to a multimillion dollar corporation so why is he in New's coffee shop asking for a job? Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. I wr...
34.1K 1.9K 15
New is an owner of the Cafè, and is a Single Dad. But what happens when one day his one of the customer starts flirting? Will his life changes? When...
24.5K 338 23
Y/N went to the same coffee shop every day before work, little did she know that she would bump into someone who would change her whole perception in...