The Journey of the Katana Hero

By TheTrinity9

We know the story of the Cardinal Heroes and their weapons; Spear, Bow, Sword and Shield. But, what if there... More

Character Description
Summoned
The Shield Hero Trial
A Journey Finally Began
The First Wave
The Sacred Duel
The Bird and The Wolf
Heroes Againts Undead Dragon
Demi-Human Country - Silvert
Goddess of Death
The God Judgement
The Dragon Prince and Operation: Hell's Kitchen

A Bright New Day

3.8K 136 32
By TheTrinity9

I woke up after getting a 8 hours of good sleep. After taking a few minutes to brush my hair and dressed, I heard a knock on my door.

"Coming." I answered as I take up my weapons and opened my door, only to find one of kingdom maids waiting for me.

"Lady Hero, the king is requesting the presence of all five cardinal heroes to the main throne room, I dare say." The maid told me.

"Okay, please lead the way, ma'am." I told her as I began following the maid to the throne room.

I silently followed the maid until we arrive in front of the throne room. Upon entering, the four heroes was already here.

"Finally, what took you so long? You missed breakfast." Ren asked.

"It's fine." I told him. "I'm not hungry yet."

Ren scoffed at my words as the king's booming voice took hold over the room and caught everyone's attention. "Sir heroes, today your companions shall be joining you on your adventures to combat the waves. As discussed, we have chosen only the finest and bravest adventurers in the lands. Adventurers, choose the hero you desire to follow."

I watched the adventurers trickle from the crowd as they had begun to form their respective parties. After taking a moment to assess the numbers, he quickly realized that Motoyasu had four companions, while Ren had four, Itsuki had three, and I got one, while Naofumi didn't get any.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Katana Hero." The young man in knight attire greeted. "My name is Ake Rolfe. Nice to meet you."

"The feeling is mutual, Ake." I smiled at him as we both shook hands. "My name is Rimuru Arashi."

After that, he joined my party while I looked at his stats.

Ake Rolfe
Age: 16
Level: 17
Weapon: Iron Sword
Iron Armor
Iron Helmet
Iron Boots
HP: 250
ATK: 102
MAG: 29
DEF: 157
MDEF: 30
AGI: 39
Item: None
Magic Type: Earth

"His stats are not bad for regular knight." I thought. "And with earth type magic he will good at defense."

"Your majesty, I presume a mistake of some sort has been made. None of the adventurers seem to be willing to party up with me." Naofumi protested.

"I must admit, even I was not expecting this sort of outcome." The king replied. Before he could respond further, one of his advisors stepped up and whispered something into his ear. Whatever it was, I notice the quick smirk that grew on the king's face before suddenly disappeared.

"Something's fishy here." I thought.

"It appears that a rumor has been spreading throughout the city. It tells that the Shield Hero knows little about our world. Legends say that all four of the cardinal heroes arrive with extensive knowledge of our lands."

Naofumi looked at him and was about to answer, but instead, he sighed, having no counter argument. However, he did pick up on Motoyasu's comment of, "Someone must've been spying on our meeting last night." With nothing to retort, Naofumi just stepped back into line, but not before hearing someone.

"I'll join your party Sir Shield Hero." Said a female voice.

"Well, I uh, thank you miss..." Naofumi sheppishly said.

"Myne Sophia. You may just call me Myne though." Said the now known Myne.

"Alright then. For each month, we shall provide you heroes with funds you require. Here are your funds to help you begin your adventures. Sir Motoyasu, Ren and Itsuki shall be provided a base sum of 600 silvers. Since Sir Naofumi and Lady Rimuru must acquire their own adventures, he shall receiving a base sum of 800 silvers. Now sir heroes, begin your adventure and save our lands!"

All of us gave a quick nod and some vocal acknowledgement, we began to leave the throne room.

"Alright then. Good luck you guys. Hopefully we'll see each other again." Itsuki said once we reached the bottom of the stairscase leading to the castle. The other just nodded and finally we go to the separate ways.

"So, Ake, we should begin Leveling up as soon as possible. Do you know the perfect place for leveling?" I asked.

"Yes, Lady Rimuru. A forest near castle should have a lot of low level Monsters." Ake replied.

"Finally my first grinding!" I thought enthusiassly.

On our way to the forest, I took the time by looking at the shops and remember their relative location, who knows they could be useful someday. But then, I saw something that disgusted me to the core, a man whipping a child. Yes, a FREAKING CHILD! I tightened my fist in anger. But, before I could do something, Ake patted my shoulder.

"I know you feel, Lady Rimuru. But that was a common thing in Melromarc. So please calm down."

"How the heck that thing is a common things?!" I thought in anger but eventually sighed, I'll ask him later.

V

After making our way to the forest, we meet Naofumi and Myne, who hunting the monster called Orange Balloon. We just greeted each others before we left the pair. After we found the unoccupied spot, almost immediately orange balloons began appearing from the tall grass and bushes.

Orange Balloons

Level 1

"Alright, you take out the smaller group with your sword. I will take out the larger group."

"Yes, Lady Rimuru!" Ake responded. As Ake went to kill the Balloons with his sword, I prepare my fighting stances.

As expected from Level 1 Monsters, it was too easy to kill them. One swing from my katana, that balloon is no more.

+3 Exp

"Great. With this, I can gains Level in no time." I thought happily. However, I continued killing the army of balloons with ease since I pretty confident at my katana skill.

"Wow..." Ake muttered in amazement at my skill.

After collecting the loot, I test the information I got yesterday by absorbing the balloons skin. Then something popped out on my menu.

Ability Unlocked!

Sharpness I

"Guess this is the start." I shrugged as I continue to kill the monsters surroundings.

We spent the next few hours farming orange balloons and other monsters, with Ake now on Level 20 since he start on Level 17, while I managed to get to Level 10. Check on my menu, I satisfied at what I saw.

Rimuru Arashi
Age: 17
Level: 10
Weapon: Tempest Katana
Otherworld clothes
HP: 200
ATK: 113
MAG: 56
DEF: 36
MDEF: 36
AGI: 121
Magic Type: Water, Fire, Lightning, Wind

Tempest Katana (LV 10/200)
Copied Ability (1)

ATK +200 MAG +200, AGI +200

Equipment Bonus: Immune Wind Elemental, Wind Cutter (Level 25 Required), Tornado Blade (Level 30 Required), Thousand Blades (Level 40 Required), Atomic Slash (Level 55 Required)

Ake Rolfe
Age: 16
Level: 20
Weapon: Iron Sword
Iron Armor
Iron Helmet
Iron Boots
HP: 300
ATK: 157
MAG: 39
DEF: 189
MDEF: 41
AGI: 56
Item: None
Magic Type: Earth

"So when my Level increase, my katana Level also Increase." "Let's take a break first." I suggested as I create a small campfire to cook a rabbit meat and fish. Although the seasoning and herbs are quite different from my world, I managed to adapt. After done, I ask Ake to taste it.

"Lady Rimuru... I don't even like Rabbit meat... but what is this..." Ake muttered in disbelief. "I never eat something this delicious before..."

"I'm glad you like it." I formed a smile on my face. "I have to adapt my cooking habit a bit since the seasoning, herbs and ingredients is quite different from my world. It was a relief I managed to make decent food."

"If this is her 'decent' food, I couldn't imagine how good her best food is." Ake thought as he continued eating the meat.

After we done resting, we spent another hours to continued farming. We decided to walked into a deeper forest to found a stronger monsters. In the end, Ake Leveled Up to 23 while I Leveled Up to Level 16.

Rimuru Arashi
Age: 17
Level: 16
Weapon: Tempest Katana
Otherworld clothes
HP: 250
ATK: 176
MAG: 88
DEF: 63
MDEF: 63
AGI: 189
Magic Type: Water, Fire, Lightning, Wind

Ake Rolfe
Age: 16
Level: 23
Weapon: Iron Sword
Iron Armor
Iron Helmet
Iron Boots
HP: 320
ATK: 201
MAG: 50
DEF: 159
MDEF: 51
AGI: 64
Item: None
Magic Type: Earth

Ability Unlocked!

Sharpness II
Air Strike Blade
Triple Sweep Strike
Deflect Projectile
Whirlwind Slash
Flying Blade

Tempest Katana (LV 16/200)
Copied Ability (7)

ATK +260 MAG +260, AGI +260

Equipment Bonus: Immune Wind Elemental, Wind Cutter (Level 25 Required), Tornado Blade (Level 30 Required), Thousand Blades (Level 40 Required), Atomic Slash (Level 55 Required)

"Alright, since it's already late, let's back to town." I suggested. Ake Nodded, and we take our leave to back to town.

V

During our travel back to town, Ake explaining about demi human and human war long time ago, demi human slavery in Melromarc, another country and the Church of the Three Heroes. I honestly surprise at his explanation. That's explain almost everything.

We we finally arrived at town, we decide to stay at the inn. I order two separate room, one for me and one for Ake.

"Now I have several question." I addresed him as I took a bite on my food. "You said that a demi human slave is a common thing in Melromarc it's because of the war. Why is that?"

"It's because Melromarc and Demi Humans country, Silvert was clashed into war many years ago and the two countries still dislike each other." Ake answered. "Also, it's because the Church of Three Heroes influence. The Church saw Demi Humans as harbinger of chaos that must be eliminate at all costs."

"I still confuse at that. Isn't it supposed to be The Church of the Four Heroes? Because you know, there is a Four Legendary Heroes back then." I asked in confusion.

"The Church only worshipped Sword Hero, Spear Hero and Bow Hero. They saw Shield Hero as Demon because he side with Demi Humans." He explained.

"I see..." I muttered.

After that, we go to our separate room as I took a seat on my bed. "That's explain everything. Why the king discrimate the Shield Hero and nobody wants to be his companions. It must be the work of these Church of Three Heroes. I'm not surprise if something happen tomorrow." After that, I changed my clothes and began to sleep.

To be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 18 17
Called to another world against his will, Cadverus became the Fisticuffs hero, a special hero summoned when all four Cardinal hero's are summoned at...
35.3K 702 55
Khiry Cleveland is a University student. He is Naofumi Iwatani pen pal from USA. During that time, Khiry & Naofumi send items from their side to each...
1.6K 64 23
She thought this was the end, that she would die in battle against Orochi. But, fate would later grant her a second chance at life as the Cardinal Sw...
90 0 2
the four cardinal heroes, said that these four are the ones who'll fought the Waves of catastrophe with the Sword, the Spear, the Bow and the Shield...