Natasha/Scarlett one shot

By Shadow_Widow

I thought since I'm writing why not share it? Posting regularly. I own nothing. All the characters goes to M... More

Note
That's not how you do it/You've gone soft N.R
Learning emotions from pictures N.R
Sick once a year N.R
Championship pt 1 S.J
Championship pt 2 S.J
Wisdom tooth S.J
Prosopagnosia N.R
Different facade N.R
Birthday/Three weeks N.R
Last name N.R
Lady of the house S.J
Premiere S.J
Continue N.R
Random
Ignored N.R
Ignored (switched) N.R
Nobody N.R
Pranked S.J
Temperature N.R
Needle N.R
Attempt N.R
Agent of you S.J
Agent of you pt2 S.J
Agent of you pt3 S.J
Time S.J
She did all this today? N.R
Do you want another Winter Soldier? N.R
Blow pt1 N.R
Blow pt2 N.R
Lightweight N.R
Unrequited N.R
Unrequited pt2 N.R
Intern S.J
Intern pt2 S.J
Intern pt3 S.J
Intern pt4 S.J
You belong to another world S.J
Conflict of interest N.R
Heal/Reset N.R
Date/Plan S.J
Date/Plan pt2 S.J
Date/Plan pt3 S.J
Communication S.J
Feelings N.R
Party S.J
Face S.J
Fear N.R
Sleepwalking N.R
Memories pt1 S.J
Memories pt2 S.J
Laughing N.R
Keys S.J
Nerf gun N.R
Nerf guns pt2 N.R
Branding N.R
That's... mom?! N.R
Puppies S.J
Vivid dream S.J
Stressed S.J
Bartender N.R
Bartender pt2 N.R
Not used to it N.R
Tired N.R
You're back? N.R
Exhaustion S.J
Sing S.J
Knife N.R
Coincidence S.J
Coincidence pt2 S.J
Coincidence pt3 S.J
Coincidence pt4 S.J
Christmas N.R
Turtleneck N.R
Side effect S.J
New Year's Eve S.J
Burn N.R
Burn pt2 N.R
Acknowledge me/Sorry S.J
It's not your fault N.R
Sound N.R
Glasses S.J
Fever sight N.R
Something so simple N.R
Favour S.J
Helping hand N.R
Visiting N.R
Abs S.J
Reaction N.R
Keep telling myself S.J
Lost N.R
Her, first N.R
Her, first pt2 N.R
Her, first pt3 N.R
Her, first pt4 N.R
What are you hiding? S.J
Thunder N.R
Heart N.R
I'll find you N.R
I'll find you pt2 N.R
The ring that seals N.R
Really sick N.R
Reservist S.J
Reservist pt2 S.J
Bored... S.J
Deaf N.R
Deaf pt2 N.R
Deaf pt3 N.R
Game day N.R
New birthday S.J
Quiet day N.R
Surgeon S.J
Moon N.R
Baking N.R
Survivor's guilt N.R
Seeing red N.R
Seeing red pt2 N.R
A chance N.R
A chance pt2 N.R
A chance pt3 N.R
False wall N.R
Bomb N.R
Falling asleep N.R
Gun N.R
Present is history/Ghosts N.R
Owner S.J
Owner pt2 S.J
Second chance N.R
Neglect S.J
Neglect pt2 S.J
Shaking S.J
This is as far as I will go N.R
Blushing N.R
Blushing pt2 N.R
Doctor N.R
Distraction/Priorities N.R
Distraction/Priorities pt2 N.R
Are we just a mission? N.R
Airplane S.J
Nicknames N.R
PTSD N.R
Withdrawal N.R
Torture N.R
Ring S.J
Rambling S.J
Repeating S.J
Too comfortable N.R
Too comfortable pt2 N.R
Admit it N.R
Admit it pt2 N.R
Poison N.R
Poison pt2 N.R
Alone N.R
Learning from you N.R
Pet N.R
Twitching S.J
Heterochromia N.R
Fading N.R
Support S.J
Dodgeball N.R
Letters S.J
Mother's day S.J
Invisible love N.R
Call N.R
Call pt 2 N.R
Call pt3 N.R
Reputation N.R
Avalanche N.R
Stay behind N.R
Stay behind pt2 N.R
Stay behind pt3 N.R
Fury's order/Wrong timing N.R
Pianist S.J
Lifestyle N.R
Taking care of you S.J
Owl N.R
She'll come N.R
Picky eater S.J
Professor Romanoff N.R
3 and 6am S.J
Responsibility S.J
New Book!

Professor Romanoff pt2 N.R

2.6K 111 31
By Shadow_Widow

Your POV
Initially, hearing that Russian class was suspended for a week, I was excited. That meant no extra lessons, no homework, more time to focus on my other subject. Even extra time to hang out with Wanda. Can you imagine how much I have missed out, only hearing now that Wanda has a boyfriend!

Apparently, the boy, Vision, has had a crush on her since freshman year and it took him until now to confess. I forced Wanda to tell me all the details that I've missed out on. The two dates she has been on were amazing and I was very happy for her.

It was great to finally have time to hang out in the mall. The past few weeks, I have either been in the dorm rushing homework or in the lecture halls, it's nice being able to relax and shop.

"Do you think this will look good on me?" Wanda chose a dress and placed it in front of her.

"Yeah, you look great." I nodded my head before scanning through the shelves again.

"Do you think he'll like it?"

"Girl, it's one thing to think if you look good in it, but another thing if you're just pleasing him. If he's just after your looks it's time you change him." I said while looking at some shoes since none of the clothes were catching my eyes.

"Since when were you the relationship expert?" She huffed.

"Since my friends have all been through relationships except for me." I replied nonchalantly. I showed her a pair of sneakers and she nodded her head.

After our shopping spree, or more like Wanda's shopping spree, I only got two things - a pair of shoes and a jacket, we were finally back in our dorm.

It just felt weird not doing anything after being busy for such a long time. I mindlessly took a book and it happened to be the Russian textbook. Not bothering to change it, I flipped through the book and read the translation. Since Wanda had nothing to do after rearranging her wardrobe, she too came to see how Russian works.

"Dang... it's tough recognising the alphabets." She said after reading it awhile. Not even her smart ass brain was able to comprehend it.

"Did you really think I was bad at studying? Of course it's difficult!"

Natasha POV
"How long do you intend to be away from work?" Maria asked as I just slouched on the couch with my messy bun, watching whatever was playing on the television.

"I've taken a week off, stop bothering me..." I mumbled as I pulled the blanket around me tighter together, trying to block her off.

"Why don't you tell her you like her already? It's not the worst thing you've done." Maria said as she prepared coffee in the kitchen.

"I do not like her. Stop being so annoying." I replied immediately.

"First of all, who was the one who keeps asking how she is in my class? Second of all, you were the one who barged into my house. If you find me annoying then you can leave." She said as she placed the coffee in front of me.

I sighed as I looked at the steam that was coming from the black coffee. "She hates me."

"It's kinda your fault for pushing her too hard." She said without even trying to make it easier on me. I just rolled my eyes and took the coffee to her guest room, where I was occupying for the week.

Tomorrow is Sunday before I have to head back to school on Monday again. Hearing the updates from Maria, it does seem like Y/N was doing better without having Russian class, but am I selfish for wanting to keep her with me? She wasn't the best or worst in the class, which often gets overlooked by the professors.

I sighed as I opened my laptop. I didn't bother having a relief teacher this time, I totally shut the class for a week, god knows how much syllabus I have to catch up to the next week.

To be honest, I'm only worried about Y/N. My class is filled with nerds and I'm sure they will still pass even though they missed an entire week's worth of lessons. I just hope she's able to catch up because we have to move faster after this.

---

"I hope you guys don't think this is going to happen often. We have no time to waste and we are only going to go faster from here." I said when I started the class and took a glance at Y/N. Nobody seemed to have any objection or disapproval. Sometimes I even think that they wished the class proceeded faster. Class went on as per usual and before I released everyone, I gave them a surprise test.

After distributing the papers and noting the start time, everyone has thirty minutes to answer the questions. It wasn't anything tough, just some short-answer question so I could know where everyone was, or where Y/N was.

If I see everyone's pen moving, I'm not too worried. It means at least they know something, or feel like they know something rather than to leave it totally blank. A few of them handed the test back to me earlier than the allocated time and they were free to leave.

Once the alarm rang, I collected the remaining papers and they were all free to leave. I glanced at Y/N's paper and was genuinely surprised to see them mostly filled up and correct. Even those that were wrong were not far off. How was a week off able to change her like this?

When I went back to mark the papers, I went through them once again to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

She couldn't have cheated right? I thought. The answers that were slightly tricky, she managed to answer and those that were the sneaky parts, she got it wrong. It's as if she knows where to act as if she was going to get it wrong if she had the answer sheet.

But the test was impromptu, she wouldn't have been able to prepare for it.

When the next Russian class with her came, I returned everyone's test and got back to teaching.

Instead of asking her to stay back for detention and giving her a ridiculous amount of work to do, I just added a few extra questions for her at the back for her to solve. But, if I'm being honest, I missed the detentions we have together as I get to spend time with her even though she hates it. But if she hates me, that's even worse.

I was going through the materials needed for the next lesson when I realised I needed the citations for the paragraph I took from a book. The title of the book was at the tip of my tongue but I just couldn't remember it. Deciding that heading down to the library to search for the book would be faster since I remember where it is and how it looks, I took my laptop with me and headed out.

Going through the literature section, I finally found what I was looking for. Quickly noting down the authors, publishing date and title, I walked out of the library, ready to head home until I saw Y/N sitting at one of the tables.

"Hey Y/L/N, what are you doing here?" I asked, scanning the table of books in front of her.

"Just reading. That's what you do at a library." She replied.

"Are you here alone?" I questioned. She was occupying the entire table and even though there were only a handful of people around, it was ridiculous with the amount she was occupying. The interesting thing that caught my eyes was the number of children's Russian books that were spread across the table.

She was about to say something until another redhead approached behind her. "Professor Romanoff right? Is there anything you need from Y/N?"

"Nope, I was just about to go. Have a nice rest of your day." I said to both of them before turning my back.

Your POV
I was trying out Wanda's method of learning, going from the bottom instead of trying to cramp it all in forcefully. To say it was working was an understatement, I could understand better, feels a lot better studying and perhaps without the added pressure that was making it all work. Perhaps Wanda could be a teacher in the future, I have a feeling that she would be well liked by lots of students.

Reading children's books was a lot more interesting and easier to digest.

"What was she here for?" Wanda asked as she found her books she needed for her own class.

"I have no idea. She didn't say."

While Wanda's method was working for the most part, when it came to comprehension, it was really tough figuring out the answer. I tried using the method I use for English where I would try to find similar phrases from the question in the essay but it was not working.

Well, I had one week of fun, time to head back to hell again.

I didn't manage to finish what Professor Romanoff had given me but I'm fairly certain that I got some of them right, it wasn't totally blank. Her face changed when she went through my answers. Maybe I just thought I got better but I did not. Maybe I still suck at it.

"We'll go through the answers in next week's class after I've marked all of them." She said while pulling out the presentation slide from her laptop.

Today's class in particular was boring. She was going through the different Russian authors and the type of books they wrote before their passing. Aren't we supposed to be in language class? Why are we learning about the history of them?

Once class ended, I quickly packed my bags and left the room to meet Wanda at the coffee shop we usually hang out at every Wednesday.

"Y/L/N! Wait!" It was a guy's voice and I turned around to see Alex speeding towards me.

"Yes?" I stopped in my tracks and adjusted my bag straps.

"Um... I just... I wanted to say... I like you a lot I hope you can go out with me!" He blurted out the last part. Never would I have thought I would get asked out on my final year of study, but sadly I don't swing that way.

I felt bad for him and I could see his friends, waiting for him around the corner, listening into our conversation. "I'm sorry Hugo, but I don't swing that way. But you're a nice guy. I'm sure you'll find someone else."

"Oh... okay. Sorry about that. Sorry for taking up your time." He said, shoulders slightly deflated.

"See you around." I said before making my way there again. I pulled out my phone to call Wanda asking her to help me order my drink because it's been a really hot day, and I need something to cool me down.

"Y/L/N!" I heard Professor Romanoff's voice this time.

"Yes, Professor Romanoff?" I had no idea why she was finding me, unless it was to give me tons of work to do again.

"This is probably going to be inappropriate... but do you want to go out on a date with me?"

Did I just get asked out on the same day twice? In such a short period? What's happening?

I regained myself when I saw Professor Romanoff staring at me. "If this is some sort of a joke-" I started before she cut me off.

"No it's not." She shook her head. "I know I may not act like it, but I really hope you can give me a chance. I looked at her skeptically as I thought in my head. Surely she wouldn't do this in the hall for others to see.

"I guess, I don't mind."

"Great. We'll go on Saturday? See you at the park nearest here." She said before leaving.

I was still thinking about what happened earlier as I walked towards the coffeeshop where Wanda was waiting for me with my drinks.

"Thanks Wanda, I'll pay you back later." I took a huge sip from my drink, trying to cool my body down. She was smiling at me cheekily while I was waiting for some snarky remarks for being late.

"I broke up with Vision, go out with me." I spit out my drink like the dam broke, choking at the sudden force of change my body had to go through. "W-what?"

Wanda started laughing as she passed me a piece of tissue. "You forgot to end the call you dumbass. I heard everything. Professor Romanoff asked you out on a date huh." She wiggled her eyebrows. I let out a sigh of relief knowing she was just joking.

"It wouldn't have been that bad if someone else didn't come and ask me out before her." I said.

"What?" She widened her eyes. "Someone else asked you out?" I nodded my head. "No wonder the huge reaction earlier."

I shook my head at the event that had taken place. What a day it has been.

Written on 1 Jun 2022
Posted on 1 Jun 2022

Another post before the new book comes out tomorrow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.7K 425 22
Oneshots of Natasha Romanoff This is my first book and my writing sucks -Natasha x fem reader -Maybe Scarlett x fem reader [slow updates] started: Ju...
4.3K 103 33
Just some stories about our favourite Avengers It does include non-avengers like Deadpool and other side characters. - Angst and fluff Ships & X Read...
170K 5.1K 103
You're Y/N Anderson, a cop, with powers but nobody knows that. You don't want any of this 'super-hero life' what happens when you meet a certain red...
367K 7.7K 60
whatever the title says. i'm so sorry for the awful and poor writing, english is not my first language.