smoke | namgi

By vickie_org

tw: smoking, college pregnancy, depression, body image issues, financial problems yoongi is left pregnant as... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
epilogue
thank you!

eighty-six

718 29 28
By vickie_org

read author's note!

tw: court

yoongi flinched at the slamming of namjoon's laptop while he washed dishes, "joon, that laptop isn't cheap and be careful to not wake up the kids"

"yoongi! i'm so sick and tired of this legal thing! all day, every day, i'm receiving emails about 'kim namjoon, you haven't turned in this document', or 'kim namjoon, you need more documents'. i just want custody of my little girl, is that too much to ask?" he sobbed into his hands, yoongi frowned, turning off the sink water and dried his hands.

he sat next to him and rubbed his back, "joon, it's going to be okay. i know this case will go well" yoongi spoke, "i-i'm just so tired" he cried, yoongi sighed.

all namjoon would do was check his emails or be at the attorney's office to turn in documents or speak further about the case. he knew namjoon was tired of waking up to speak to the attorney multiple hours of day.

"i'm sure minji will also say something winning worth at the court. she's amazing with words" yoongi said, namjoon just cried.

was custody of minji too much to ask for?

"how about you rest?" yoongi asked, namjoon sniffled and nodded.

after weeks, it was finally the day of the court.

the court was at 10:00am, but they had gotten there a few hours before to prepare.

"i'm really nervous" minji whispered to namjoon, "i am too" namjoon whispered back, "i'm really scared, dad" minji sniffled, namjoon frowned and carried her to hug her. he could feel her trembling hands.

"i promise you that no matter what happens today, we'll be together" he spoke, "all you have to do is say what you feel about me and answer the judge's questions. the lawyer and i already did the big parts" he reassured the girl, "okay" she sniffled, letting herself be carried by namjoon.

"minji, what is donghyun to you?" the judge asked.

"i've only met with donghyun a couple times. those couple times weren't good. i met him at a restaurant when my appa was pregnant with minjun, i remember he body shamed my appa and said he was glad he left my appa and i's life" minji said, "she's lying!"

"sir, i'm not speaking to you right now" he spoke, sighing and rubbing his forehead, "did he say that directly to you?"

"yes, your honor" minji said, "now, what is kim namjoon to you?"

namjoon gulped, feeling his intestines move around and a feeling of nausea in his mouth.

"i like to describe kim namjoon as my dad, or my second appa. he was quick to accept me as his child when he met my appa, min yoongi. he never treated me with any less respect. he treats me the way any outstanding parental figure would. he does beyond what most parents do. both him and my appa are amazing. he listens to everything i have to say, he makes sures i'm happy, he is doing an amazing job"

the judge smiled, "you have an amazing way with words, minji. do you perhaps like to read?" he laughed, minji nodded, "yes, i do. both namjoon and i love to read, we go to the library together and according to him, i have a high lexile, i don't know what that means though"

namjoon smiled, feeling so proud of his little girl, "sir namjoon? is what minji saying true?" he asked, "she is right about everything she has said" he confirmed.

"kim namjoon, how do you think you are beneficial to minji and yoongi?" the judge asked, "my husband, min yoongi, had to stop working after giving birth to our child, so i am the sole provider. i provide rent, food, and utilities. i listen to my family's concerns and as minji said, i make sure everyone is happy as can be"

the judge nodded, "sir donghyun, as minji's biological father and legal guardian, what have you done for minji?"

there was a silence in the court room, minji tapped on the attorney's shoulder, "how do they know he's my biological dad?" she whispered

"remember when you had to go to a lab to spit in a tube?" the attorney asked, minji nodded, "they could see it there"

she hummed, "okay, thank you" she whispered.

"sir donghyun, you also owe min yoongi and minji thousands in child support, specifically 44,520 dollars"

(a/n: okay so i did the math and this is an accurate amount he would pay. in my state, you are required to pay 20 percent of your monthly gross income. hypothetically, donghyun makes 3000 a month and around 20 percent of that is 530 dollars. 530 x 12 = 6,360 which is the amount donghyun would pay for a year. 6,360 x 7(years of child support he owes) = 44, 520 so HA it's not just a random number and ur girl is a mathematician(jk, im just really good at math) ANYWAY CONTINUE)

"is there a justification for the amount you owe?" the judge asked, "um, i'm really busy" he spoke, "sir, child support payments can be done electronically"

the judge and donghyun argued for a bit, well, quite a while.

"today, i announce kim namjoon as min minji's legal guardian. upon signing the following documents, kim namjoon understands the responsibilities of being a legal guardian" the judge spoke, namjoon signed the documents with a smile.

he was so happy, his little girl was his.

"i want to cry" namjoon sniffled, "i'm so happy" he croaked, "me too. i'm glad he got what he deserves" yoongi said as he put on his seatbelt, "appa, i have a question"

yoongi hummed, "yes?" he said, "so does donghyun owe you those 44,520 dollars?" minji asked, "yes, since you were born, i requested child support which was about 300 a month. he doesn't owe me 300 a month from now on because namjoon is your legal dad now, but he owes me 44,520 dollars. i doubt he'll pay them though" he said, "what happens if he doesn't pay?"

"he could go to jail probably. anyways, what do you guys want to eat to celebrate?" namjoon smiled, "no clue, but i'm starving" yoongi whined, "okay, i know a place"

seokjin, jungkook, and hoseok were invited to the restaurant to celebrate! namjoon wanted a whole party!

it was a luxurious place, "man, if you guys would've told me how luxurious thus place was, i would've come in suits like you guys did" seokjin chuckled, yoongi laughed, "i didn't know each other"

"wait what are we celebrating?" jungkook whispered into seokjin's ear,
m

aking the boy chuckle, "namjoon got custody of minji" he whispered back, jungkook smiled, "that's great"

"guys, i just wanted to say that i know this restaurant seems luxurious and expensive, but order whatever you want, i'm willing to spend whatever amount on this special day" he smiled, ruffling the girl's hair.

"dad, i love you"

"love you too, min"

"so, this thing of namjoon winning custody is very last minute but i got a gift anyway" hoseok said, they were simple little matching bracelets for yoongi, namjoon, minji, and minjun.

"joon, let me know if you need another one for the third" he winked, making the boy chuckle, "yoongi said no more unless i would carry and it's not happening so, yes. thank you, they're very cute" he smiled, "dad, i want a sundae"

"minji, you havent even finished your meal" he spoke, "but it's a special occasionnn" she dragged the last word out, hoseok laughed, "you know namjoon's heart is weak, right? pretend to be just a bit sad and he'll give in" hoseok smiled, "he used that a lot on me in college"

hoseok laughed, "but it was because your dad was lazy! he wouldn't do anything around the apartment" he scoffed, "you lived together?"

"in college, we were roommates" hoseok said, "wait, are you the guy who almost got you and dad evicted because you forgot to pay the monthly rent payment?"

"unfortunately, yes" he said, "and your dad is the one who almost set the apartment on fire" hoseok playfully argued, "wow hoseok, wow" namjoon chuckled.

minji fell asleep when she got home, waking up early to go to court wasn't fun.

"i'm glad this legal thing is over" namjoon sighed, taking off his tie as he looked in the mirror, "same, you did amazing" yoongi smiled, "are you kidding? i think minji did better than me? i felt like my mouth was frozen"

"you did well" yoongi reassured, putting minjun in some comfy clothes, "it's a bit crazy to me. it's beyond me. i don't know, i'm so grateful for everything i have and how happy i am with everything.. i want to cry" he said, sighing as he took off the rest of his suit and got into his home clothes.

"oh my gosh, so it's not just me who's feeling like that? today especially, i was reflecting on how literally a couple years ago i was at the worst i had ever been in my life and now, i can't ask for anything else. i feel, completed" he said, "a few years ago, i wouldn't say i was necessarily unhappy but i was trying to live life normally after moving out of the apartment i lived in with hoseok i  college. college wasn't good for me, i was trying to live like an unabused person"

yoongi hugged the boy from behind, it was a bit funny because yoongi was so short, but it was comfortable.

"our little family is complete, joon. i love you"

"i love you so much"

i think this is the last chapter unless i decide to write an epilogue but i don't know what it would be about, if u have any ideas, let me know! stay safe and healthy! drink water and eat some food! sorry for any mistakes, i love you all! qotd: what did you think of this book? what were some of your favorite parts? thank you!! :]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 2.6K 79
An alternative universe in which Yoongi is the new classroom teacher of Park Jimin, the school's wannabe bad boy. TW: Drug abuse, Rape, Death etc.
23.9K 1K 13
Jin is a 25 year old man whose wife has recently left him. He finds himself struggling to deal with being newly single and continuing to have a relat...
1.4K 17 11
Min Yoongi has known nothing but pain his whole life. He comes from a broken family, lives in a broken home, and has been brought up to believe that...
102K 4.7K 30
•Name : Park Jimin •Sex : Male •Age : 21 •Behaviour : Bipolar. Gets angry if something annoys him. Do not disturb him when he is doing something. Beh...