CHERISH || Jikook

By BunnySmileXEyeSmile

Park Jimin, the member of the worldwide famous boy band group, BTS. In which, Jimin loved the Maknae from the... More

Introduction
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Author's Note
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Play Time
Chapter 24
IMPORTANT
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Play Time 2
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 34

8.8K 296 272
By BunnySmileXEyeSmile

[Present]

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Yoongi finally released the breath which he was holding from the past few seconds as soon as he heard the final words from Maknae. He guessed it right, that his Maknae might be going through something like this. He had doubts from the past two years, but sometimes he put those doubts aside because of his anger towards Maknae. But now, when he finally got to know root of every single pain because of which everyone suffered for years, he felt relieved. He finally let out the breath of relief.

"I...I'm proud of you Kook, for telling us everything. Hyung's p-proud of you." Yoongi looked at his tearful Makane with proudness as he patted his back to which Jungkook gulped as he hesitantly nodded.

Silence once again engulfed the room as the other four members couldn't able to compose themselves. They were beyond shocked at the truth revealed by the Makane. They weren't able to process anything because the truth was a harsh slap in their faces as they were once again failed to notice the hidden pain of one of their own member.

Once again, they failed to protect their loved one.

Namjoon harshly took a breath before speaking, "We failed again." His voiced trembled as he sat down on the corner of the bed for support. "First we failed Jimin, now Jungkook." Tears filled Namjoon's eyes as he kept his gaze down in shame.

"N-Namjo—" Jin tried to console the leader but Namjoon didn't let him.

"No! N-No... don't.. this— this is the truth. I failed to protect my members. I.. I failed to protect my family." Namjoon shook his head in denial as his shoulder sagged in defeat.

"A-Ani.. Hyung, don't blame yourself, please." Jungkook stated lowly as he looked at their defeated leader with tearful eyes. "I-It's my punishment for the wrong deeds, so please don't blame yourself. If you want to blame someone, then blame me." Jungkook's lips trembled as he spoke lowly but Namjoon kept on denying Maknae's valid words.

Every other member present in the room were still lost in their own guilty thought except one, who raised his voice once he felt the silence in the room. "You knew all about this all along, right?" Hoseok asked lowly as he gave a side look to Taehyung, who's posture got tended as soon as he heard the words.

Silence once again engulfed the room as Taehyung lowered his head while choosing to stay quiet, to which Hoseok fully turned his front towards Taehyung as he gave him a look of disbelief. "I.. I can't believe this.. you knew it. You knew it all along!" Hoseok harshly threw the words in Taehyung's direction. The harshness made Taehyung to look at Hoseok and the moment he looked in Hoseok's eyes, he felt his heart breaking in pieces. Hoseok's eyes were screaming, betrayal, pain, hurt and disgust. Every emotion, which he never wanted to feel from Hoseok. He felt every painful emotion, except..

Love.

Taehyung gasped as he felt burning pain inside his chest while trying not to cry but failed miserably. Hoseok felt his eyes burning too, with tears as soon as he looked at broken state of his... Taehyung.

"H-Ho—"

"No! Don't." Hoseok harshly cut him off as the anger once again returned.

"Hoseok H-Hyung, it's not Taehyung's f-fault, I swear, pl—"

Hoseok felt his blood boiling as soon as he heard Jungkook defending... saving Taehyung. Hoseok bitterly laughed loudly to which everyone looked at him in confusion.

"Oh my God, Jungkook. I'm so fucking sorry. I'm so sorry for accusing Taehyung like that. I forgot... I forgot that how fucking much you love your Taehyung. Did I hurt you too by hurting your love? Did I? Then I apologise, Jungkook. I so fucking sor—-"

"Hyung... stop... please." Jimin let out a tired whisper which was still audible to everyone. Hoseok immediately stoped himself the moment he heard Jimin.

"I.. Jimin.. I'm sorry." Hoseok whispered back as he looked down while cooling down himself. Everyone looked at two one by one.

"I know very well to whom you are apologising." Jimin said while looking for hoseok's eyes and his eyes finally met his Hyung's stubborn ones to which Jimin let out a mixed emotion chuckle.

Hosoek rolled his eyes before he left the room in stubbornness. Jimin shook his head softly as he sighed loudly. Seokjin tired to go after Hoseok but Jimin stopped him.

"It's ok Jin Hyung. Don't go after him." Jimin said as he looked at his still intertwined hand with Jungkook's.

"But—"

"I'll go. I'll go after him and I'm taking him home with me." Jimin said as he finally loosened his hold on Jungkook's hand to let it go but Jungkook didn't let it go, instead he held Jimin's small hand more tightly in his own.

Jimin sighed again as he closed his eyes for a moment before looking directly at Jungkook, who was now looking at their intertwined fingers too, with crystal droplets of tears rolling down from his lowered gaze.

"Y-You..." Jungkook cleared his throat to stop himself from pathetically sobbing for the nth time in front of Jimin. "You really letting it go?" Jungkook asked softly as he still held Jimin's hand tightly.

Jimin remained silent, as he waited for Jungkook to let out all the painful feelings. Jungkook took deep breaths as he continued softly. "You really l-letting your feeling go, Hyung? Has she already fulfilled that void space in your heart before me? Y-you really l-love her now?" Jungkook's voice cracked at the last words as his chest burned while saying those heart wrecking words.

Jimin looked at his Maknae with sympathy, but he has to answer. He really has to answer the Maknae's question to finally end this chapter of this painful story.

He has to.

He has to for her.

"Yes." Jimin whispered as he released a breath of relief. "Yes Jungkook, yes! I love her. I love her so much. Yes, she filled that void space too. Yes, she is the one, whom I love the most in this whole world because she's is my world now." Jimin smiled wholeheartedly as his eyes glistened with happiness while remembering her.

Jungkook felt his world stopped, the moment he heard those truthful words. He immediately raised his head and his pain filled eyes met with Jimin's smiling ones. And there, Jungkook felt the final hit. His heart finally saw the love in Jimin's eyes. Pure love in his smiling eyes.

But for someone else.

For her.

He love her.

Park Jimin loves her.

Jungkook's eyes got widen as everything around him felt numb. He failed to notice, when that his tightened grip around Jimin's hand got loosen up. He failed to noticed, when his breathing got uneven. He failed to notice everyone's sympathy and concern filled gazes. He failed to notice the change in Jimin's eyes. He failed to notice everything.

Just like He failed to notice his own feeling.

He failed to notice his true love.

He failed.

Jimin slowly went near awestruck Maknae when he noticed how defeated the maknae was looking. He still couldn't understand everything , he just can't. He still can't believe that Jungkook is really not in love with Taehyung, he can't. He still can't believe that Jungkook is in love with him, not anyone else but him but again he just believe.

Jimin tucked his fingers under Jungkook's chin as he made him look at himself. His breath hitched when he saw nothing but emotionless eyes of Maknae.

"Jungkook-ah..." Jimin whispered his name as he himself tightened his grip on Jungkook's hand before he continued, "I... I still can't process anything whatever just happened here .. but.. but one thing I'm sure about is that I'm always gonna stand behind you. No matter what the situation is but I will stand behind you or even stand in front of you if something bad will come in your way." Jimin released a shaky sigh before continuing, "I love you..." the three words words bought more tears to Jungkook as Jimin squeezed his hand softly. "I love you so much, Jungkook and you know it very well. You know very well how much I love you and what at what extent I can go for you.. you know very well..."

Jimin whispered the last words by which Jungkook felt shivers in his spine. Jungkook know very well how much Jimin has loved him. He know how much Jimin had sacrificed for him. He know how much Jimin has suffered for him. He know how much pain Jimin has gone through. He know how much Jimin has done for him. He know how much Jimin has punished himself for him. He know how much Jimin has broke himself for him.

He knows.

"You shouldn't." Jungkook whispered while looking straight in Jimin's eyes to which Jimin just smiled.

"I know, but I can't... I just can't." Jimin said before slowly coming closer to Jungkook but he stopped himself in the mid way. Jungkook noticed the hesitation as his heart screamed in agony because he is the reason behind that hesitation, so he closed the distance between them as their foreheads touched each other's. Jimin bought his other hand up to cup Jungkook's cheek but hesitated once again to which Jungkook nodded his head multiple times to vanish all the hesitation from Jimin's side and he succeeded. They both sighed, then breathed in the same air as they remained in same position for some time while closing their eyes.

"Jungkook-ah...you know that I will always love you but.." Jimin stopped himself as he took a deep breath before saying the painful words, "but I want to let it go now, Jungkook. I want to. I want to start a new chapter of my life. I want to live again but this time, I want to live for myself. You know, after all the up and downs, what I actually learned? I learned that life is worth giving a shot. I pushed myself so hard to get this life, so why am I taking it for granted? Why am I not valuing it? Why did I even worked hard if I'm not even living the life for which I worked so hard for? Why?" Jimin whispered painfully as he questioned himself as he lone tear escaped his eye. He felt a soft touch which wiped that year off. He knew who was it but his eyes remained close.

"But now, I'm not gonna take it for granted Jungkook. I'm not going to, because now I know how much worth my life is. How much worthy I am to everyone. How much worthy I'm for her, so I will live this life to the fullest." Jimin smiled softly but the smile vanished away immediately when he realised that what are going to be his next words to Jungkook.

"Jungkook, if I want to start a new chapter of my life, then I have to let go of my painful past and that means..." Jimin opened his teared up his and looked directly in his maknae's bloodshot teared up eyes, "I have to let go, my feelings for you, completely. I don't know how much of those feelings left in me but I have to let them go completely. I want to move on because I love my own world now and I'm happy in that world. So today, I'll say it loud that Jeon Jungkook, I'm finally letting you go, wholeheartedly." Jimin bit his lower lip to contain himself from smiling wholeheartedly as he felt himself lightly shivering in an overwhelming feeling. He's happy, he's genuinely happy. He wasn't feeling anything heavy but just lightness like a flower petals in spring. He felt the happiness within him.

He's finally free.

He's finally happy.

Jungkook remained still as he saw the genuine traces of happiness in Jimin. He saw how happy Jimin was looking. He saw how happing is shinning over him. He show how Jimin's eyes almost turned into an eye smile which only happens when Jimin is wholeheartedly happy.

Jimin is happy.

Finally After five years.

Jungkook took a shaky breath as he blinked his tearful eyes. He softly pulled away but didn't let Jimin go completely. He still had his hands in his own as he slowly pulled Jimin right hand to his lips before dropping a soft kiss on the knuckles. Jimin give a soft smile as he let his maknae to show his emotional state.

"I love you, Jimin. Believe it or not, but I love you with everything inside me. I was not mentally stable in my past that's why I failed you, but even in that state, deep inside I did loved you from the very start. But it's okay, What matters most to me now, that Jimin is happy. My love is finally happy after five years and believe me Jimin, you don't know how much happy I'm, right now. I have always heard that phase that 'your happiness is my happiness' now I'm finally getting the meaning behind that phrase." Jungkook smiled through tears as he once again touched his forehead with Jimin's while closing his eyes.

"Even if I failed in past, but from now, I will never. I will never fail in making you happy ever again. From now on, I will stand behind you and will even stand in front of you if anything bad comes in your way." Jungkook inhaled the same breath as of Jimin before saying his feelings out loud, "I loved you. I love you. I will always love you till the end."

Jimin felt a rapidness in his heart beating as he looked at Jungkook who still had his eyes closed.

"But as I promised that I will protect your happiness, so now I'll say it today, Park Jimin, I'm finally letting you go. Go and find your true happiness Jimin. No one is coming in your way to the happiness because I'm just behind you. Go and live in your world of happiness." Jungkook finally said it as his own heart shattered in million pieces but he didn't let those shattered pieces' pain come into his face. He smiled, he smiled wholeheartedly because this decision of his, will open the gates of happiness for his love, so he did it.

"J-Jungkook..." Jimin whispered as he witnessed the genuine pain behind Maknaes words, despite the genuine smile on his face.

"But! But, let me clear something Jimin." Jungkook opened his teary eyes as he looked directly in Jimin's glossy eyes before telling him the truth, "I'm letting you go, but I'm not letting go of my love for you. Even if I'm letting you go, but that doesn't mean that I'm doing it because I don't love you. I'm letting you because I love you so much and I always want to see you happy because from now on your happiness is the source of my happiness too. I love you, I l-love you so much Jimin." At last words, Jungkook finally broke down to which Jimin immediately took him in his arms and hugged him tightly while Jungkook did the same in return. The two remained in each other's warm embrace as they both took everything from one another. They took their time in memorising every single feel which they were getting at that instant. Taking each other's homely scents, feeling each other's forms, trying to feel each other's heat to overcome the coldness insides their hearts. They remained like that to heal each other but...

"Jimin..." Jungkook whispered in Jimin ear but Jimin didn't pay attention as he just wanted to stay like that.

"Jimin... I think we should let go." Jungkook whispered again.

"No.. please." Jimin whispered back as he tightened his embrace.

"J-Jimin please... you have to let go, because... because I won't be able to let you go if we stay like this for another second. Please.." Jungkook begged through his tears as he also tightened his embrace on Jimin, never wanting to let go.

"Jungkook..."

"Jimin please... think about your happiness...think—" Jungkook gulped before saying the words.

"Think about her, Jimin."

Jimin found himself motionless as he repeated maknae's words in his head.

Think about her, Jimin

Her.

Jimin immediately let Jungkook go as he backed away little bit, missing the pain reflecting on Jungkook's face.

Jungkook lowered his head as he tried to remain strong but the impact of Jimin's action was way to painful for Jungkook to handle.

Just by mentioning her, Jimin immediately left him.

He can left everything for her.

Because...

He loves her.

Jungkook looked around slowly to distract himself from the pain but found two people in the room.

Yoongi and Taehyung were present during the whole emotional breakdown of two vulnerable members. Jin took Namjoon with him, to calm the leader down as he didn't stopped himself from blaming himself for everything, so Jin took him outside. Yoongi and Taehyung remained in the same room because yoongi wanted to keep an eye on the situation and Taehyung just wanted to be there for his vulnerable friends.

Friends?

That saw every single thing but remained quiet and controlled their own emotions as it was too painful for them too, to witness such painful scene in front of them.

"I..I think.."

"Hoseok Hyung is outside, go with him, Jimin Hyung." Jungkook whispered as he tried to make things easy for Jimin.

"But you—"

"Hyung needs you now, Jimin Hyung."

"But you need me to—"

"Will you stay for me if I say that, don't go to your home and stay with me, in this home, in our home, will you stay?" Jungkook asked softly to which Jimin looked at maknae in shock.

"No, right? Because even if you said yes, for my sake then I wouldn't have allowed that. That home is your happiness now Jimin, so this time choose your happiness. Start now, and do it till the end. I have already told you that I'm gonna protect your happiness, so I won't allow you to let this happiness go. So, Hyung please go to your home, your happiness." Jungkook smiled wholeheartedly as he encouraged Jimin while softly nodding his head.

Jimin hesitantly stood up as he again looked at Jungkook but in return he only got encouraging smiles. Jimin slowly made his way to the door as he turned the knob but for last time he looked at Jungkook and Jungkook smiled again.

"Go." A small whisper and Jimin left.

And Jungkook finally broke down as he let out a final scream in pain.

The pain, which he felt when he finally lost his love.

~🌹~

Hey my Precious Readers.

I hope you all are doing Good and Are Healthy.

I MISSED YOU ALL!!! I MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!Did you guys missed me too?

I don't know what to say because I'm speechless... we crossed 100k??!!! Like how??? Oh my god!! I still can't believe this? You guess proved that miracles happen. So thank you so much my Precious reader. All the credit goes to you... only to you guys. I love you so much!!!

That's all I can say for now because I'm still speechless!!!

Next update : 14/11/2022
(Spoiler: ROSÉ' official first appearance in the next chapter, so stay tuned!!!)

Please do tell me how was the chapter.

Feedback here.

Do not forget to Vote, Comment, Follow and Share.

I love you all my Precious Readers, so much.

Stay Safe and Healthy

Word Count : [3304]

Published On : [2/11/2022]

-S.C.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 664 6
Nepenthe; something that can make you forget grief or suffering. Jungkook and Taehyung; both the sons of biggest CEO'S of Seoul. Taehyung's family wa...
165K 8.3K 36
After all the hurt and misunderstandings going on between Jimin and Taehyung who are both members of Bts, they finally realize their love for each ot...
61.1K 2.3K 26
Jimin loves Taehyung deeply but Taehyung hurts Jimin beyond repair. Will Jimin be able to forgive Taehyung? Or Jimin will find someone else? • This...
111K 6.9K 49
Park Jimin. A single parent with a daughter, Kim Jiyeon. His late husband, Kim Namjoon, was died years ago because of an accident and leaving him and...