Tʜᴇ Mᴀғɪᴀ Aɴᴅ Hᴇʀ Bᴏᴅʏɢᴜᴀʀᴅ (...

By Angie_Reader

The daughter of the Mafia, Kai, is assaulted by an enemy. In that process, she meets Paris - A young woman wh... More

Synopsis (Updated!)
Prologue - The Encounter
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10💋
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16🔞
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21💋
Chapter 22
Chapter 23💋
Chapter 24
Chapter 25⚠️
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30🔞
Chapter 31
Chapter 32💋
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36🔞
Chapter 37
Chapter 38💋
Chapter 39
Chapter 40💋
Chapter 41
Chapter 42⚠️
Chapter 43⚠️
Chapter 44⚠️
Chapter 45⚠️
Chapter 46⚠️
Chapter 47⚠️
Chapter 48⚠️
Chapter 49💋
Chapter 50
Chapter 51⚠️
Chapter 52
Chapter 53🔞
Chapter 54
Chapter 55🔞
Chapter 56💋
Chapter 57
Chapter 58⚠️💋
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61💋
Chapter 62🔞
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65⚠️
Chapter 66⚠️
Chapter 67⚠️💋
Chapter 68⚠️
Chapter 69⚠️
Chapter 70 - The Finale
Epilogue - Special Ending
Special Announcements
New Book: Saving the Daughter of the Mafia (Book 2)

Chapter 20

2.3K 91 4
By Angie_Reader

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

It was midnight at the mansion of the major family. The Mafia Leader was immediately informed that Kai's GPS was moving out of Los Angeles, and that there was no way to reach her phone. They also figured that she had left without any bodyguard to accompany her, which meant that she was probably in danger right now.

Based on the speed of the GPS, they assumed that Kai was abducted in a truck. If she was heading out of Los Angeles, that only meant that she was already far away from the mansion. They had to do something quickly!

Without wasting anymore time, The Mafia Leader sent a group of male bodyguards to follow the truck until finding her. And as for Pearl, her task was to remain at the mansion to investigate more about the case and how the incident occured. She figured out that Kai had drove all the way to a house that turned out to be Paris' home. This meant that she was not alone, but Paris was by her side as well.

It took the bodyguards around three hours to finally find the truck. However, when they found it, they realized that it had crashed against a tree from the forest. Not only that, but the group of bandits that abducted Kai and Paris were all knocked down and shot to death.

They kept searching around the truck, finding no trace of Kai and Paris anywhere. They came to the conclusion that Paris and Kai had managed to escape together, and were currently lost in the woods. However, they couldn't track them anymore because Kai's phone seemed to have died, shutting down the GPS that helped them to track her. It seemed like this was going to be a non-stop search. They only hoped that they could find them still alive.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽

A few more hours slipped by, and it was already morning. The weather at the forest was a lot warmer, and Paris and Kai were already exhausted from walking all night. The sun was basically burning them alive and they didn't even know where the hell to go. They where completely lost in the woods with no water and food. It's true that life is full of surprises.

"Where the hell are we going?" Paris asked Kai while she was being dragged by the handcuffs around their wrists.

They both had been handcuffed together by the bandits after being abducted in the truck, and now they were stuck together like this. One of them was wearing it in the right wrist, and the other in the left. This was seriously the last thing that Paris wanted at the moment. They had been tolerating each other for the whole night, but after walking around in circles, they were starting to lose patience.

"I don't know, but I'm pretty sure that we have to go this way." Kai answered her as she continued to tug her around.

"Ugh, stop walking! We have been going in circles all this time. I'm not following you anymore!" Paris complained and halted their steps. She turned around, aiming at the opposite direction. "We'll go this way!"

"It's not that way. Is this way!" Kai insisted that her way was the right one.

"No! Is this way!" Paris disagreed. They were like two children arguing for a candy.

"I'm your boss, won't you listen to me once?!" Kai shouted, at the edge of losing her patience with Paris.

"We are not at your freaking mansion right now! Stop acting so tough." Paris fought back with her words again.

Kai let out a deep sigh, trying to compose herself and replied, "Okay, fine. Then, let's do rock, paper, scissors, and that will decide for us the way."

Paris didn't know whether to laugh or cry hearing this. Was Kai talking seriously right now? Rock, paper, scissors? Is she a child or something? Paris rolled her eyes, and accepted to follow Kai's nonsense. At the end of the day, there was nothing else better to do other than this. "Okay, let's do that."

"Rock, paper, scissors!" They both shouted at the same time, showing their signs with their hands.

"Hahaha! Loser! You lost with your own idea. What a dumbass." Paris laughed as she won with scissors, and Kai lost with paper. This was hilarious!

Kai placed her free hand at the side of her hip, and glared at Paris for mocking her like this. "Whatever, let's go your way then."

They strolled for another fifteen minutes, going the way Paris suggested, finding nothing other than trees and dirt once again. This was seriously going to take forever. They were damped in sweat, and their legs were already sore.

"We are going nowhere at this point." Kai panted slightly, bending down while resting her palms on her knees. She felt exhausted. This was the first time that she had to walk for so long under the sun, and it was killing her already.

"Don't say that. I think I hear water running near by." Paris told her, as she tilted her head to a side to listen to her surroundings.

"What water? I don't hear anything." Kai said as she straightened her body back again.

"Trust me this time. Come this way." Paris continued tugging her towards the direction she heard the water running.

Kai followed her for a while, but she felt too exhausted to continue walking. Her throat felt dry, and they still couldn't find the water that Paris was supposedly hearing.

Her steps became slower, until reaching to a stop, preventing Paris from walking any further. "We survived from the bandits, but we're going to die from dehydration." Kai told her while resting her back against one of the trees.

"Could you stop thinking negatively already?! We are here stuck together, the least thing we can do is help each other find the way back." Paris scolded.

"Well, it seems like we are not doing a great team together." Kai responded, shaking her head.

"If you dislike being with me so much, then break the handcuffs! Take a fucking rock or something and break it already!" Paris shouted angrily.

"Fine, then! Let's smash it!" Kai agreed, raising her voice too. These two were seriously like an old married couple fighting for no reason.

Paris crouched down with her and took a rock from the ground that was next to her, and handed it to Kai, "Come on! Do it! You asked for it."

Without hesitating, Kai began smashing the chain in between the handcuffs with the rock harshly. She used all her strength, hitting it several times, but the chain still didn't break.

"Do it harder!" Paris yelled.

"I am! This is not breaking!" Kai shouted back.

"Ugh! You're so dumb! Give it to me." Paris snatched the rock away from Kai's grip, and started smashing the chain herself instead. "Fuck! Why is this so stiff?!" She wondered as she continued to crush the rock against the chain with no success.

"I told you! It's not breaking. Stop trying already." Kai stood up again, dusting away her clothes and wiping away the sweat on her forehead.

"Whatever." Paris rolled her eyes, standing along with her. They'll have to tolerate each other for the next few hours. If not, then the next few days, or weeks, if they are not dead yet by then. Paris let out a deep sigh before speaking again, "My life has been a disaster since the day I met you."

Kai shook her head, not wanting to hear any further. "You were the one who accepted to be my bodyguard at the end. Stop faulting everything on me."

"I had no other choice! Don't you remember how much you threatened me for me to give in to you? You even dared to kidnap me, you asshole!" Paris reminded her, pushing her away. However, she forgot that they were still handcuffed together, and the push, pulled her closer to Kai, making them trip on their steps, and fall down.

"AAHH!" They both yelled at the same time as they rolled down the hill where they were standing, landing on a puddle of clear water. Well, almost clear.

Their expressions immediately brighten as they felt the water soaking in their clothes. It felt so refreshing! They finally had found the water that Paris was talking about.

"I told you that there was going to be water!" Paris exclaimed joyfully. Her voice sounding a lot more relaxed now.

Kai couldn't help but to smile, hearing this. She felt some hope coming back to her after finding the puddle. The puddle was long, which meant that it was probably connected to a river or a lake. This is great news! They are not going to die today!

They both helped each other stand up from the rocky ground slowly. Fortunately, they were not hurt anywhere, and they continued walking, following the puddle.

Just like they have thought, the puddle was connected to a lake. No, it was not a lake, but a waterfall! This had to be a blessing! It was a small waterfall, and the currents were not strong at all. They were also at the very bottom, where all the water is settled down, there was no danger to be worried about.

"Oh, my God! This is amazing." Paris still couldn't believe that she was right. She knew that she was not that crazy! She had definitely heard water running. She raised her palms at Kai, giving her a big high-five of accomplishment.

Without even realizing it, they both began laughing gleefully together. They embraced each other in a tight hug of victory, completely forgetting that they were arguing not long ago. These two seriously needed to decide whether they really liked each other or not. One moment they are fighting, and then in another moment they are laughing together joyfully.

They both crouched down, and began drinking and splashing water on each other. This was so refreshing indeed! At least they had water now. All they needed to find now was food and they could survive for a few more days.

After hydrating themselves, they continued to walk, hoping to find their way back, or at least some food. They strolled for a few hours, finding nothing once again. It was already late in the afternoon, and they couldn't even find a cave to stay the night.

They didn't give up though, and continued to move forward. The handcuffs were starting to bruise their wrists, and they decided that holding hands was going to prevent them from opening a wound. Therefore, they proceeded to keep walking while holding hands. This little adventure that they are having together, better makes them realize their feelings towards each other.

It was evening when they were finally able to find something in the distance. It was another lost truck. This truck was not the one from the bandits, it was another one, and it was a lot smaller and older. It seems like it was abandoned in the middle of the woods long time ago. The engine was also not working. But at least, they had a place to sleep for the night.

They searched inside the truck and found a small red blanket that could cover them for the night. This had to be a blessing for sure! First, it was the waterfall. And now, the blanket. Life can be full of both good and bad surprises as it seems.

They glanced at their surroundings, and gathered some sticks together to make a fire. Kai crouched on the ground and took two rocks from the ground. She started rubbing them together, causing some friction so that they could start the fire. However, the fire never started.

Paris who was crouching next to her was trying her best not to laugh. It was to no surprise that a pampered Mafia like her didn't even know how to start a fire with two rocks. This was hilarious to watch. "Do you really know how to do this?"

"Yeah, just give me a second. It will light up in a moment." The fact that Kai trusted in her own abilities made things even more amusing.

"Okay, I'm looking forward to see the fire." Paris responded with a wide smile on her face. She couldn't stop laughing internally.

The fire was still not starting, and Kai's arms were becoming sore. She let out a deep sigh, wondering why this wasn't working for her. She has watched so many movies of people doing it and it worked for them. Why were things so complicated! "Nevermind. This shit is not starting, and I'm already tired."

Paris couldn't keep it in anymore, and laughter escaped from her mouth. She doesn't remember when it was the last time that she laughed this hard, but this was seriously hilarious, oh my God!

She dug her hand inside the small pocket of her own shorts, taking out a lighter that she had with her all this freaking time. She flipped it open, and started the fire with it. She loved teasing Kai, her reactions were priceless!

Kai's brows instantly furrowed seeing this. "What the hell? Why didn't you say that you had a lighter with you all this time?"

Paris couldn't stop laughing, "Well, you were so positive that you were going to start the fire. I didn't want to interrupt your excitement. I was really hoping to see your 'talent'. Hahaha!"

"Is not funny! Stop laughing." Kai was currently pouting with a glare, and it was adorable. This was the first time Paris has seen such an expression on her face, and she was enjoying it.

This night was going to be another of those unforgettable nights for them. The atmosphere felt pleasant once again.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 738 30
Carmilla is a time traveler, angry at the world for cursing her with the inability to keep herself in her present. Carrying the baggage of her past...
97.5K 3.4K 34
The boss meet the bodyguard. First they are more didn't like each other. One want to make her suffer, one because its her job. But then they become a...
194K 6.1K 40
A•tel•o•pho•bia | -The fear of imperfection; the fear of never being good enough. 🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪 Judas 'Jude' Campbell hates the w...
25.1K 1.4K 32
Yuzu's a photographer, Mei's a journalist. When Yuzu's camera lens lands on the deep lavender eyes of Aihara Mei at a wedding, she doesn't have the h...