It's Been a Long, Long Time (...

By hgfedcad

Aspen has been friends with Damon since she was 11. When she learns he moved back to Mystic Falls, she pays h... More

Introduction to Aspen Bell
Chapter 1: Home
Chapter 2: Masquerade
Chapter 3: Kidnapped
Chapter 4: An Unexpected Ally
Chapter 5: So it's true, he wasn't dead
Chapter 6: Dinner Party
Chapter 7: Drama
Chapter 8: Not Alaric
Chapter 9: Guess who's back? Back again
Chapter 10: He was just being kind.
Chapter 11: The Soon-to-be Hybrid
Chapter 12: Prank Night
Chapter 13: Rebekah
Chapter 14: The Story of the Original Family
Chapter 16: Klaus
Chapter 17: Dinner For Five
Chapter 18: Cheezus Crust
Chapter 19: Balls!
Chapter 20: Ding Dong, the Witch is Dead!
Chapter 21: Mama Mia!
Chapter 22: The Forest Animals Fight Back!
Chapter 23: Hayley
Chapter 24: Lily's Surprise
Chapter 25: Don't Ask Me Why
Chapter 26: Complicated
Chapter 27: Davina the Teenage Witch
Chapter 28: Kol
Chapter 29: Masquerade: The Squeakqual
Chapter 30: Davina's Free
Chapter 31: Eh, It Was A Pretty Nice Di-
Chapter 32: Eli
Chapter 33: So...
Chapter 34: Falling

Chapter 15: Mikael

3.9K 127 2
By hgfedcad

"You guys fuckin' stabbed her?" I yell.

"We had to, she could've ruined the plan," Elena says.

"Okay, so could a lot of us. That doesn't mean you dagger the person you don't like. You knew what you were doing too," I retort.

"Penny-" Damon starts.

"I need to talk to you later," I say.

"I have time now if you wanna talk while you get ready," he offers. I nod and we walk into my room, closing the door behind us and I walk to my closet.

I take out the dress I made for myself for homecoming and drape it over a chair. "I am not a part of your relationship with Elena, but she's stringing you along. She also almost never says a proper thank you or apology without making it about herself. You deserve better and that's all I'm going to say," I tell him bluntly. I walk into the bathroom and blow dry my still-wet hair.

When I turn it off, he speaks up, "I don't know. I'm just so blinded by her. It's not as easy as you make it seem to just not like someone."

"I know, and I never said it was easy," I remind him. "Just promise me that you will be a bit more careful or observant?"

"I promise, Pen," he says with a soft smile. "I should go get ready." I nod and he leaves, closing the door behind him. I twist two sections of my hair and pin them back.

Grabbing my phone, I turn on music. I put on eyeliner and a little mascara before slipping into my green dress. I accessorize with gold necklaces, gold bracelets and rings, and pearl lined heels.

Strapping on my two thigh holsters, I put two throwing knives in one and a small gun filled with wooden bullets in the other. Letting my dress' skirt fall and cover my holsters, I walk downstairs.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

I walk up to the Lockwood mansion since apparently the gym was flooded. I'm so confused by the party. It obviously wasn't as last minute as it seems.

I walk into the backyard and see Stefan and Tyler talking. I walk over to them and ask them what's going on. Klaus' voice through loud speakers prevents them from answering.

"Good evening everyone! I want to thank you for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming."

I scoff and walk away, heading toward the bench Elijah and I sat on. I sit down and sigh, checking my phone to see it empty except for Damon's stupid little texts. It is quieter here and I enjoy it, allowing myself to take a few deep breaths. A few minutes later, someone comes up behind me. I can sense them but I don't attack in case they are human.

"Hello love," I groan at the nickname.

"Fuck off Klaus. Don't you have a party to host?"

"Yes, but I wanted to say hello," he walks around the bench to face me.

"Yeah, well, you've said it. I'm gonna get a drink," I say with a snarky tone, getting up and walking away. To my annoyance, Klaus follows.

I stay quiet while he seems to think of what to say. I walk in the door and immediately at least twenty people are looking at me in admiration or just because they're horny and I have boobs. Klaus seems to stay back as one of his hybrids tells him something. I make my way over to a small bar set up and grab a beer, easily popping the cap of with my thumb.

"Hello," I hear a masculine voice say. "Wanna get out of here?"

"No, I'm good," I decline with sarcastic politeness.

He grabs my waist and grips it hard for a human. "I think you will come with me he says." The dude was clearly human and I was going to be polite but this changes everything.

I splash my beer on him, twist his arm, and force it up and behind his back, successfully causing him pain. I grab one of my knives and put the tip to his back. "I think not." I release him and turn back to my beer. "Now leave me and everyone here alone."

He nods and scurries off, making me laugh. Luckily, we were slightly around a corner with barely anyone to see.

I watch as Klaus walks up to him and motions for one of his hybrids to take the guy. "Sorry love, are you alright?" He asks me.

"I handled the situation," I reply dryly.

"Yes, I saw. How are you enjoying the party despite that?" He asks.

Just then, a guy came up to us. "I'm sorry, you look absolutely beautiful," he tells me. I smile back. "I haven't seen you at school, do you live in Mystic Falls?"

"I'm staying with a close friend currently. Also, I'm twenty one, I don't attend school. What grade are you in?" I ask. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Klaus getting upset for some reason.

"I'm a senior. My name is Colby, you are?" He inquires.

"Aspen, but call me Penny."

"Nice to meet you Penny." We go on to talk and Klaus moves away but returns a bit later and is clearly listening.

⇢⇢⇢⇢

I see a hybrid walk to Klaus and hear him say Mikael's name. Showtime, I think. I excuse myself and run outside to the side of the house where I'm met with Damon handing me vervain grenades.

I watch from behind a bush near the side of the mansion.

"Hello, Niklaus," Mikael greets. I was against waking Mikael because he obviously wasn't a good father. No matter who you are, you don't deserve to be hunted by someone who has hurt you and taken away choices from you.

"Hello Mikael. Won't you come in?" Klaus asks. "Oh, that's right. I forgot. You can't."

"Or you can come outside if you want," Mikael counters.

"Or I can watch my hybrids tear you limb from limb." About a dozen hybrids appear on the front lawn behind Mikael.

"They can't kill me," the patriarch assures.

Klaus replies, "True, but it'll make a hell of a party game. All I have to do is rub these two fingers together, and they'll pounce."

"The big bad wolf," Mikael mocks. "You haven't changed. Still hiding behind your playthings like a coward. You only forget. They may be sired by you, but they're still part vampire. And they can be compelled by me." One of Klaus' hybrids appears beside Mikael, seemingly under his compulsion.

The hybrid pulls Katherine posing as Elena to Mikael. Katherine starts breathing heavily. "Come out and face me Niklaus," Mikael coaxes, "or she dies."

"Go ahead. Kill her," Klaus says quietly.

"No, Klaus. He-he'll do it," Katherine pleads. I have to give credit where credit is due, she's gotten really good at acting like Elena.

"If she dies, this lot will be the last of your abominations," Mikael sneers. I start to get upset. I don't like Klaus, but I'm starting to get irritated by the way his old father-figure is talking to him. I watched Stefan and Damon be hurt by their father, as well as how my father treated me and my mother at times. I don't wish that upon anyone.

"I don't need them," Klaus says, trying to stay strong. "I just need to be rid of you."

"To what end, Niklaus? So you can live forever with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you anymore, boy!" That's my breaking point. I steal the white oak stake from Damon and snap his neck, and quickly, before anyone can stop me, I'm in the house behind Klaus.

"You disgust me," I say to Mikael from behind Klaus. "It's astonishing that you would talk to the person you fathered in such a mocking and derogatory way. I don't particularly like Klaus, but I dislike you very much. Would you like to do the honors, or should I?" I ask Klaus. He looks at me questioningly and I slightly move the white oak stake from behind me so only he can see.

"He's a disgrace and an abomination," Mikael shouts.

I walk over to Klaus and behind our backs, hand him the stake. "Get your revenge and be free," I tell him.

He nods and is about to go out and stab him when Mikael attempts to get away, but Stefan stops him and holds him in place. Klaus takes the opening and stabs Mikael with ease.

Mikael goes up in flames and Klaus stands there watching. He walks over to Stefan and looks him in the eyes, "Thank you, my friend. You no longer have to do as I say. You're free."

Stefan sighs in relief and speeds off along with Damon who now woke up and the others, leaving only Klaus and I in the house. "I'm sorry you had to listen to the things that left his mouth. You don't have to worry about him any longer," I say softly, getting ready to leave.

As I walk by Klaus, he grabs my arm. "Thank you," he says, looking into my eyes. "You went against your friends, that couldn't have been easy."

"Yeah, well, our situations are not comparable, but I know what its like to have a father who doesn't think that you will ever be good enough." He nods and I vamp back to the boarding house.

When I walk in, I see Damon and Elena in the living room. "Sorry to interrupt, but can I talk to Damon?" I ask softly. She reluctantly nods and leaves the room, going upstairs.

Damon avoids eye contact and I sit on the couch. "Damon, you heard the wag his father was talking to him. I snapped. You know what I went through and obviously he had it worse. The things Mikael was saying were giving me terrible flashbacks. I'm sorry I ruined your plan."

"I know, you are empathetic and I love you for it. I don't blame you, I am just sorry you had those flashbacks." He sits next to me. "I'm here for you always."

"We'll get through this," I assure him. "We always get through tough times. I love you, asshole, I will always love you."

"I'm gonna go get ready for bed," he says, getting up. "I love you too asshole."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 165 9
When the Mikaelson come to town live completely changes for Bonnie and she find out secrets that change a lot of things for her
7.4K 383 9
When Aurora was 9 years old she met a women named Jenna. She was a college student in her final year. She gave her the name Rory. A year later she w...
99.5K 1.6K 20
[complete] Chloe Salvatore. Best friends with Rebekah Mikaelson and the youngest of the Salvatore siblings. She and her brothers have been vampires f...
83.4K 2.1K 35
In which Rosalind Salvatore gets a call from from her brother Damon to come back to Mystic Falls, a town she hoped she'd never have to step foot in a...