Joy and Despair

By Miyuko_Sakura

"Far below the deep sweet lies, layed the bitter truth. And there's no lie, which never turns to the painful... More

Prelude
Chapter 1 - Encounterment
Chapter 2 - Demon Slayers
Chapter 3 - The past
Chapter 4 - Kanae's Death
Chapter 5 - Tanjiro
Chapter 6 - Inheritance
Chapter 7 - Kichisaburo
Chapter 8 - Is this love?
Chapter 9 - Little sister
Chapter 10 - Confession
Chapter 11 - Etsuko
Chapter 12 - Uppermoon 2, Douma
Chapter 13 - The train
Chapter 14 - Kyoujurou's death
Chapter 15 - The Opera House
Chapter 16 - Red Light District
Chapter 17 - The Oiran
Chapter 19 - The Swordsmith Village
Chapter 20 - The Mysterious Ring of Flame
Chapter 21 - Tempt
Chapter 22 - The Ring Is Gone
Chapter 23 - The Sudden Attack

Chapter 18 - Battle with Uppermoon 6

17 4 0
By Miyuko_Sakura

"Now let's go before it's too late!" Yumiko said. "Okay okay, I get it." Uzui said. They run until they see who wouldn't believe it. "N-NEZUKO-CHAN?!" Yumiko was shocked. "Her brother is full of blood and I think because of the injuries of her brother, she is really mad about it." Uzui said. "S-she lost control?!" Yumiko said.

"TANJIRO!" Yumiko shouted. Yumiko went to Tanjiro and carried him. "Hang on, Tanjiro." Yumiko said. "Uzui-san, please help Tanjiro get aided." Yumiko asked. "You said I have to help them fight, not aid!" Uzui shouted."Guys! Where are you?" Yumiko shouted, ignoring Uzui. Yumiko finds Zenitsu and Inosuke who's laying down with big wounds.

"F*ck! I can't save them, I must help Nezuko first!" Yumiko thought. Yumiko goes and sees they're on the rooftop and fights. "Did Uzui-san aid Tanjiro already?" Yumiko thought. "I must check it out." Yumiko thought again. Yumiko runs and sees Tanjiro who still has an injury. "This Hashira... Fine, it's okay, I can do it by myself." Yumiko thought. Yumiko aided Tanjiro all by herself and the others too. "Now it's time to go on the rooftop."

Yumiko said by herself. Then Yumiko reached the rooftop and saw Nezuko who was thrown to the wall and Yumiko couldn't stand seeing everyone lying down with injuries. "You b*stard, you almost killed my friends and Hashira too!" Yumiko shouted angrily.

"Huh, you again? I want to see if you're very good at my battle." The demon said. "Let's end this battle, RIGHT NOW!" Yumiko shouted. "Flower breathing, 4th Form: Crimson Hanagoromo!" Yumiko said. "Hahaha, You can't even touch me with your breaths!" The demon underestimated Yumiko. "You little piece of j*rk!" Yumiko said while angry. They fight very fast and can't be seen. "You're quite tough!" The demon said. "Oh Shut up, End this right now!" Yumiko said.

"Huh, well maybe we co-" The demon said. Yumiko almost slashed her head but was blocked. The demon got injured and was bleeding. "You little j*rk how dare you ruin my face!" The demon said. "You kinda look pretty if you have injuries." Yumiko smirked. "AHH! ONII-CHAN! HELP ME!" The demon shouted. "Huh?! O-onii-chan?! She has a brother!?" Yumiko thought. The other demon came out from the demon.

"Uhm, he's kinda ugly." Yumiko grinned with sweat. "Hey you, you hurt my sister, I will hurt you back!" the other demon said. "Oh well, I'm against two of them, this is really bad, no one's awake, Nezuko is trying to stand up." Yumiko thought. The other demon goes to the rooftop and the other one is trying to heal itself. The battle goes on until Yumiko is tired and can't move a single body. "I-I can't move at all!?" Yumiko thought. "Now it's time to crush your ugly face." The demon said. "P-please someone h-help me." Yumiko fainted.

Yumiko fainted while the demon wanted to crush her face but it was blocked by someone. "Urgh, you b*stard! Get off from me, you brat!" The demon said. "Grrrrr!" Nezuko said without bamboo on it. Nezuko and the two of the demons still fight and someone wakes up during the fighting. "U-uh, I'm a-" Yumiko said. "GRRRR! RAHH!" Nezuko attacked them. "N-Nezuko, I-I will help you..." Yumiko mumbled.

"GRRR!" Nezuko attacked again. "C'mon please stand up!" Yumiko thought. Then Yumiko saw the Uppermoons being thrown to the wall. "H-huh?! Nezuko please stop! I'm okay!" Yumiko said. Nezuko protects Yumiko from the Uppermoons. "Urgh, this brat doesn't want to get away from that ugly person in there!" The demon said. "GRRRR!" Nezuko angrily. Then she crushed The demon's head. "Ugh!" The demon said. "You filthy brats, don't you dare kill my sister!" The other demon said. "A-also, don't you dare touch my friends!" Yumiko said while standing up, Nezuko and Yumiko slashed the demon's head with hands and feet.

"You're supposed to help me that time!" Daki said. "How!? I am busy dealing with that maniac!" Gyutaro said. Yumiko suddenly goes to them and just stares at them. "You two are siblings, both of you have to support each other," Yumiko said. "O-Onii-chan!" Daki said, fading away. "Ume!!" Gyutaro said, fading away. "Huh, I-I'm tired." Yumiko said, lying down with big wounds. 

The sun rises, and it's morning. The demon corps carried Yumiko and the others too, bringing them back home to the Butterfly Estate. "H-huh? The Butterfly Estate?" Yumiko mumbled. "Yumiko!" Shinobu said. "S-Shinobu-sama?!" Yumiko was shocked. "I'm glad you're okay!" Shinobu said while hugging Yumiko. "W-what happened last night? And where are the others?" Yumiko panicked..

"Oh, they're safe! They're in that room," she said. "Ooh," Yumiko sighed in relief.

"Hello." Mitsuko said. "Hm? You want to kill Nezuko right?" Yumiko asked. "Ah, no! I have no intentions to do so... again," Mitsuko said. "Then, what are you up to?" Yumiko asked. "I think this will be the last time we meet, so, I'm just... strolling here, since..., maybe I'll not come back here," Mitsuko said.

"Sayonara, I have nothing to do here again, Good bye everyone," Mitsuko said.

"Weird, it sounded like she wanted to die now. Well, never mind!" Yumiko said to herself. "Yumiko-chan! Did you know, actually Mitsuko-chan didn't behead the lower moon? We thought she was beheaded," Aoi suddenly appeared and said. "Now, she is about to resign from the Demon Slayer Corps!" Aoi said. "EH?! WHAT?! Resign?!" Yumiko shocked. "Yes." Aoi said. "Yumiko-chan, eat this!" Shinobu said. "Hai!" Yumiko said. Yumiko eats the food and visits the others.

"Hi Tanjiro and the others!" Yumiko said, waving. "Yumiko-chan! You're here!" Tanjiro said. "AHHH! YUMIKO-CHAN!!" Zenitsu shouted. "Moyiko! I'm the best, right?" Inosuke said. "Hehehe, Inosuke, I'm Yumiko not Moyiko." Yumiko grinned while sweatdropped. "Anyways, so how are you feeling, Yumiko, I think your wound is bigger than us." Tanjiro said. "Yeah, and I'm worried about Nezuko, she's the one who helps me and protects me..." Yumiko said. "She is fully recovered." Tanjiro said. "Phew, I need to see her... if it's okay if I..." Yumiko said. "It's okay, just see her," Tanjiro said. "Okay!"

*In Nezuko's room*

"Nezu- eh?!" Yumiko said. Yumiko saw Nezuko mutilated, but she wasn't beheaded. Yumiko spotted a note on the floor.

-In the note-

'I think this is enough for a goodbye surprise!'

"Brihh, it's Mitsuko's handwriting!" Yumiko said.

*A/N: ' Brihh' is a word used when we feel resentful*

"Mitsuko, you only disturb me by not going here?" Yumiko sighed.

"Well, I guess I need to go then." Yumiko said. Then Yumiko goes to exercise. "Huh, exercise again." Yumiko sighed. "Yumiko-chan! Here is the towel, for you if you've done exercising." Shinobu said. "Arigato, Shinobu-sama!" Yumiko thanked. "Now let's go." Shinobu said. "Huh, Shinobu-sama, Can we talk?" Yumiko asked. "Sure! I do love it!" Shinobu replied happily. The blue sky came out with a pretty moon above the sky. "Konban, Yumiko-chan!" Shinobu said. "A-ah! Konban, Shinobu-sama." Yumiko said.

"Do you wait for me here? You will catch a cold, I don't want you to be sick." Shinobu touched Yumiko's cheeks. "I'm fine, Shinobu-sama." Yumiko said. "Ara, okay, so why do you want to talk to me?" Shinobu said. "Do you want to fight an Uppermoon all by yourself, Shinobu-sama?" Yumiko asked. "Why would you think so?" Shinobu asked. "The Hashira meeting, Shinobu-sama and Oyakata-sama." Yumiko said. "You seem to know everything, Yumiko. Yes, I have to avenge Nee-san's death." Shinobu said. "I will come," Yumiko said. "No, it's too dangerous!" Shinobu said.

"Why can you? We're almost the same age! I just want to avenge my little sister's death." Yumiko said. "I'm sorry, I didn't know-" Shinobu said. "No need to be sorry, it's not Shinobu sama's fault." Yumiko smiled, interrupting. "Now let's go to sleep, tomorrow I think it's your mission with Kanroji-san!" Shinobu said. "Yup, you're right, Shinobu-sama." Yumiko giggled. The next day, The sound of birds is on the butterfly estate and with beautiful butterflies outside. "Rengoku-san i need you-" Yumiko dreams. "Wake up! Yumiko-chan! Kanroji-san is outside!" Naho said. "Rengoku-san..." Yumiko said. "Yumiko-san!!!!" Naho said. "H-huh?!" Yumiko wokes up.

"Hehe, I'm sorry Yumiko-san." Naho apologised. "I-it's okay, Naho-chan." Yumiko grinned with sweat. "Did she hear what I was saying?!" Yumiko thought while blushing. Then Yumiko gets a shower and walks to the kitchen. "Ohayo, minna!" Yumiko said. "Ohayo Yumiko-chan!" Shinobu said.

"I'll get going 'kay?" Yumiko said. "Sure!" Shinobu said. Yumiko exited and ran as fast as she could. She accidentally bumps into a man. "Ah! I'm very sorry!" Yumiko said, about to run again. "W-wait!" he said. Yumiko looked up to the tall man. "He's so handsome!!" Yumiko said to herself. "Do you know where a woman, probably in her 18s, named Hanamura Mitsuko?" he asked Yumiko.

"H-how does this freak know about her? And how can I know where Mitsuko is?!" Yumiko thought. "I-I don't know!" Yumiko said. "If so, I'm sorry for bothering you, but if you saw her, please give this letter to her," he said. "O-okay?" Yumiko said. "Make sure no one opens that except for her, have a good day miss, and thanks," he left.

"Hmm, how he speaks is very suspicious, and... what is this!? From Nakamura Hanshiro?! What a weird name!" Yumiko thought. Either way, I have no business about this!" Yumiko threw the letter. "What is Mitsuko's relationship with that handsome guy? I must know!" Yumiko came back to the place where she threw the letter. "But-"

"Make sure no one opens that except for her," the man's voice echoed.

"Nah, I had my own business to do," Yumiko left, and left the letter behind.

*A few seconds later*

Yumiko opened the envelope and read what was written in the letter.

-Inside of the letter-

'Mitsuko, it's been a long time hasn't it? 3 years..., such a long time.

I wrote this letter to ask you something. Could you please come back and claim your rightful place? I know, it may seem hard, but that day...,

it kept haunting me, so please come back,

our son has been waiting for you.'

- Nakamura Hanshiro

"I don't understand anything. And this letter does not make any sense to me!" Yumiko said. "Well, it's not important at all but I must give it to Mitsuko." Yumiko by herself. Then Yumiko puts it in her pocket and goes to Kanroji. "Ohayo, Yumiko-chan!" Mitsuri said. "A-ah ohayo, Mitsuri-san!" Yumiko said. "Well, I'm hungry, let's buy a meal!" Mitsuri said, happily. "Hehehe, but isn't Mitsuri-san done eating breakfast?" Yumiko asked. "I'm done! But I'm hungry again!" Mitsuri begged. "I don't have money with me, Hehehe." Yumiko said. "Don't worry, I have money." Mitsuri said.

"Well, Mitsuri-san, Anu, can I ask you something?" Yumiko asked. "Yea, what is it?" Mitsuri said. "Did you feel lonely when your sensei (Rengoku) died?" Yumiko said, stare at Mitsuri. "Eh?! Anu, Yes I feel lonely when Sensei is not around here with me." Mitsuri said. "I feel it too, ever since he's gone I can't forget him!" Yumiko said. "Yumiko-chan, everything is going to be fine, I can't forget sensei too, but we must keep moving on, think positive, Yumiko-chan!" Mitsuri said, smiled. "Yea, you're right, Mitsuri-san." Yumiko said.

"Well, let's go, we must repair our swords." Mitsuri said, smiled. "Hai!" Yumiko said. 

(And the next chap will be published tomorrow :DD)

(Please Comment and vote :D)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 260 13
"ɪꜰ ɪᴍ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟʟ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴅʀᴀɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ!" (KIMETSU-NO-YAIBA/DEMON SLAYER) | IN WHERE YOU, ARE THE WATER PILLAR GIYUU'S TSUGUKO, THE ONLY SLA...
805K 33K 108
𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜 𝚞𝚗𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚍. *************************************************** Kimetsu no yaiba belongs to Koyoharu Gotōge I only own my ocs...
70.3K 2.2K 27
Eto Tsukiko has the stars in her eyes and the eyesight to see into the soul. She had her spent her life preparing for a marriage only to have it and...
868 55 7
A long line of Samurai has led to a young man, Y/N L/N. Hailing from a small village, he trains day after day to become a great swordsman, like his f...