Chapter 1 - Encounterment

2 years later~

"Yumiko-chan! Go to the pharmacy nearby and buy some medicine on the list! By the way, here's the money. We ran out of them, so better be quick!" the master of the estate, Kocho Kanae said. "Ok, Kanae-sama!" she replied. She left the estate where she lived for two years after the day when Kocho Kanae, and Kocho Shinobu met her. "A sunny day, isn't it? Good thing the pharmacy is nearby!" the woman exhaled. 

"Good morning, Nishihina-san!" greeted her to the old man who owned the pharmacy. "Oh, finally you have come! I have been waiting for you!" he greeted her back. "I need some medicine from this list, please. I really need it." Yumiko pleaded. "Ok, please wait here. I'll check inside." the old man replied.

Tring! The sound of the bell on the door rang. A sign that another customer came. "Welcome! Here's your orders, Yumiko-chan!" the old man said. "Hello, can I check your medical prescription?" he asked the other customer. "Uh, here." the other customer bit her lips. The old man scanned the paper and went back inside to search for her medicine. "Are you okay, miss? you don't look well." Yumiko asked. 

"N-no, I'm totally fine!" she answered. "Here's your medicine. I hope you get well!" the old man said. "Thank you, sir." she replied. Yumiko examined her medicine and finally solved what was going on.

The two customers left the pharmacy. "Umm, miss, I'm not sure if that medicine is safe." Yumiko said. "Oh really? I don't think so, thank you for your concern-" the woman said as she fainted. Yumiko felt pity on her and decided not to leave her. But, on the other hand, has no choice, but to carry her to the Butterfly Estate, since the medicine she's bringing is an emergency. 

"I'm home finally!" Yumiko said exhaustedly after entering the estate. "Finally, you've come and wha-? Who's that on your back?!" the shocked Shinobu shouted. "Oh, you mean her? She fainted when we left the pharmacy. What can I do except help her?" Yumiko said. "Urgh, but still! I don't know her, you don't know her, Nee-san, and Kanao don't know her! She's a complete stranger!" Shinobu shouted. There are some disagreements between them, but Kanae is on Yumiko's side.

"Of course we have to help other people, not just Demon Slayers!" Kanae agreed. "Nee-san!" Shinobu said. "Good thing I already got Kanae-sama's approval." Yumiko thought. "Where am I?" the young lady asked Yumiko. "Wait, aren't you the one who I met earlier?" the young lady asked. "And where's my medicine?" she asked again.

 "Yes, My name is Hatsune Yumiko. What about yours?" Yumiko asked. "I-I'm Hanamura Mitsuko." she added. "Where are your parents?" Yumiko asked. "How can I know?" Mitsuko replied.

"W-where's my medicine?" Mitsuko asked again. "I'm sorry, but you mustn't have it," Yumiko said. "Give it to me, please." Mitsuko said. "I said no, and I'll be leaving now," Yumiko said, and left.

 "What have I seen just now? I-I think she- she's a drug addict! The medicine she got is supposed to be illegal! How can this be?" Yumiko thought.

(Please vote and if there are some mistakes you found, please comment or DM us! Thankss! 🙏)