Her Road|Book 2|

Jake_Thales द्वारा

The second I laid eyes on him, I knew. How everything about him made me giddy and anxious, nervous and afraid... अधिक

Day 0|I
Day 0|II
Day 1|I
Day 1|II
Day 1|IV
Day 3|I
Day 3|II
Day 3|III
Day 4|I
Day 4|II
Day 4|III
Day 4|IV
Day 5|I
Day 5|II
Day 5|IV
Day 5|V
Day 5|VI
Day 5|VII
Day 6|I
Day 6|II
Day 6|III
Day 6|IV
Day 6 |V
Day 8|I
Day 8|II
Day 8|III
Day 8|IV
Day 9|I
Day 9|II
Day 9|III
Day 11|I
Day 12
Day 15|I
Day 15|II
Day 16
Day 17|I
Day 17|II
Day 18
Day 20|I
Day 20|II
Day 21
Day 22|I
Day 22|II
Day 22|III
The Phonecall
Day 37|I
Day 37|II
Day 37|III
Day 37|IV
Day 37|V
Day 38|I
Day 38|II
Day 39|I
Day 39|II
Day 39|III
Day 40|I
Day 40|II
Day 0

Epilogue

20 4 16
Jake_Thales द्वारा

Day 41

A day passed. Duh.

I sat in my hospital bed, deep in thought. I was supposed to be out of here already but due to the events that happened the day before, I was placed on psych-hold. It didn't annoy me that much but it unfortunately gave me too much time to wonder about my favourite killer.

After everything, Penn and his buddy simply walked out Harry's room and back to the streets of Ridgeway. Chief Naomi and father Malakai appeared shortly after. Mr Malakai wasn't very pleased but said nothing. His son had protected all of us, including my family and yet he'd come (once again) close to death. Not a word was spoken between him and I either.

I mean I could understand it. Harry must've known what was happening the minute the car appeared in his mirrors. That way, when he woke up, he knew that they'd come after him again and he'd have to do something about it. This was definitely one of the options on the table and it had yielded the best result possible.

And yet, it was the most disturbing thing I had ever witness. It was the first time I'd seen someone say bad things about Harry and I actually agreed. People spoke pretty dark things about Harry at school and it was always just gossip. Rumors and assumptions. And yet, Penn was a ruthless gang-boss that carried out hits. And he was right. I could see the similarities between the two.

What made it worse was that he wouldn't look at me. He wouldn't say anything. He didn't say anything. I didn't know if it was intentional or he was just taking a moment or something. Leaving me with all these thoughts... I don't know. I really didn't.

Knock knock.

I mentally groaned. Among those annoyed about what happened were my parents. They did not appreciate guns being in the same town as me, much less the same room. Yet they mercifully didn't vent their frustration and instead just refused to leave my side at all.

The door opened but I kept my eyes on the ceiling, used to people just assuming I'm busy processing. It was something I'd done multiple times and, being honest, I was really in need for some processing.

"Hey." My eyes immediately fell down to see Harry sitting at the foot of my bed, broken arm and all.

Suddenly that relaxed and not-in-the-mood nature disappeared as I took in the boy wonder. He was still in his hospital robe, barely holding onto his frame. His hair was framing his cheeks in defined locks, his jaw clenched. His black cast encased his left hand which held a gun almost a day before.

And yet he looked so nonchalant, natural sitting in my room. On my bed. How'd he managed it, with everyone being so protective around me, I didn't know.

"I figured you had some questions and theories and I, uh, figured I'd come talk to you." He continued before I could ask him any questions, which was a nice change of pace. It didn't feel forced either.

I couldn't lie and say I didn't want to hear what he was going to say. Penn had said a lot in that room, coupled with everyone's opinion on Harry... It would be interesting to say the least to hear his opinion on himself.

"What Penn said back there? 100% true." I barely kept my eyes from widening as he continued. "I think it's in Harry Potter... Yeah, definitely is. When they talk about murder being the ultimate crime and that it literally breaks the soul into pieces? They call it horcrux or whatever? Strange that a movie would be so accurate actually."

I didn't know about all that. Thinking about it now, with how many murders happen almost every second, I wondered if that was true. Was it possible for 'ripping the soul' to be a commom practice?

"When the first guy appeared..." He continued all the same. It took me a minute to grasp what he was talking about. "Well they call it a flight or fight moment, or something like that. I flew. I looked at that guy standing at the top of the stairs and I ran. I fucking ran.

"When I stood in that bathroom, safe from him, I realized what I'd done. I'd just left my mother and sister at the mercy of this thief. My dad was nowhere but he had trusted me to protect them as much as he did me. And I ran."

He was talking about that night, the first time I'd actually heard the real story. And yet, he wasn't looking at me but I could see the hate. The pure, absolute hatred consuming everything in his eyes. Whether it was for the guy who broke into his house, his father for not being there or... Or for himself. He hated something. What took it to an entirely different level was the smile on his face. So empty, no happiness whatsoever.

I said nothing though and waited.

"I got angry. So angry. I knew I had to do something. When the first guy came... The only thing I could think to use was a toothbrush. Bang."

He said that last word so softly but I still flinched. It was the entire scenario, the picture of what happened. It was enough.

"The second guy came to help and my sister's hockey stick was one of the closest things. It wasn't enough though and we fought for the gun. One of us won."

I involuntarily flinched again. I saw Harry angrily swinging a hockey stick and then violently wrestling for a gun until it popped off. My recent experience with guns and shots popping off made the vision so much more realistic than it needed to be.

"And you know what happened to third guy I'm assuming..." He finally lifted his head, his eyes now reaching the ceiling. That gaze seemed so distant. Hateful eyes peering into the past. "I understand it though. That anger... I feel it in me. It fills me. Drives me to protect and rectify my decision. But I understand that mother. Though I suppose she'll be happy to hear what happened."

I doubted that. If it was true, if she did put a hit on Harry's head, she wouldn't be happy that he brushed it off. However, it was clear from his tone that he was talking about some other unfortunate thing.

His broken hand lifted and pushed a few strands of his hair out of the way. His eyes met mine and I found myself breathing again. His hand rested hesitantly on my leg.

"I'm-I'm sorry you had to see everything and experience everything just by being with me. I can't promise you that nothing will ever happen again or you'll be happy or something like that. But I can keep the promise I made."

I watched his hand and reached out to grab it. Even though he looked up with what I knew was a bewildered look, I kept my eyes on his hand.

Harry wasn't alone. There were tons and tons of people affected by physical and gun violence. Compared to most, Harry had done all in his power to protect us. When the enraged mother, Jace, Penn and all the others reacted, he protected us. I guess in a way the darkness was just his way of reacting to the darkness constantly being thrown at him.

Was this a happy ending? I wasn't sure. Our story wasn't over, not by a long shot but Harry had done his part. He'd given his life time and time again to keep a stupid promise to me. He protected me over and over again and trusted me. I knew committing and trusting (after everything he'd been through) was a sign that I needed to do the same.

I loved him and that was something worth fighting for.

"Come closer, idiot."

Authors note

*Inhale... Exhale* And that, my loyal readers, is the end of this beautiful and by far my best book. I hope you enjoyed.

Now, before you run away, how'd you like the surprise casting for Harry? One of my greatest supporters Saphire_Skyes suggested and I was more than happy to oblige.

Also, I took a hiatus for 2 weeks to create the OFFICIAL, NEW TRAILER for Her Road. For you to see it follow my Instagram which is in my profile or click the link below. Tell me your comments on it as I worked really hard on it:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeokZxjjSbU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

And finally, as thanks to all of you who has supported me there is a surprise coming. THIS BOOK WILL BE UPDATED AGAIN AND IT WILL BE AN IMPORTANT PIECE OF INFO. You'll love it, trust. So don't remove it from your library just yet. 👀❤️

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

19 0 8
After I got dumped by the one guy I truly loved, my life crumbled. I was branded as a whore and I just crumbled as a whole. I messed up bad and I spe...
Hopelessly Devoted Briella Diamond द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

19M 587K 56
"Never call a girl a bitch," I glared into his eyes as he opened them, piercing into me, the bright blue drink I had just poured over him still dripp...
1.2K 131 33
~* Bad decisions make great stories *~ A Harry Styles dark romance that explores the intricacies of mental health, morality and sexual attraction. En...
DyverCity Antisocial-CoffeeJu... द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

20.6K 1.4K 106
⚠️ Warning!!⚠️ ⚠️ Contains mature content such as smut, violence, language and drug use⚠️ Completed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^* " Bad things happen to everyone a...