The Immortal Prince ✔️

Autorstwa Midika

"Tomorrow, we don't have to speak of this again." I hardly know what I'm asking. I just know I want whatever... Więcej

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
Epilogue

35

9.9K 325 39
Autorstwa Midika

Word Count: 1831

~Vaela

"Mate huh."

I chew on my fingernail. "I know."

Glancing at Eyla, I scowl at her smirk. She's been infinitely amused since Hale brought her up to the cave, and we told her together that we are mates. Naturally, she was overjoyed for a moment, before she went on a rant about how obvious it was.

"I knew it, and so did you, you just didn't want to hear it," she says, jabbing me in the side multiple times teasingly, making me jump.

I'm still not entirely held. Being mortal again has reminded me of how long the recovery process can be.

"He made it seem impossible. I'm just glad he was wrong about it," I admit, stretching out over the bed. I've spent most of my days here, trying to pretend my thoughts aren't driving me crazy.

I want to be normal again. I want to be me.

"Have you slept with him yet?" Eyla asks.

I sigh. "No, I only found out a little while ago."

It's not like it hasn't been on my mind. In fact, each time I look at Hale I think about it, and I know he's thinking about it too.

And he hasn't made this easy for me. He's alluded to sleeping together numerous times while maintaining that it can't happen until I'm fully healed.

He knows exactly what he is doing.

"The sooner you can the sooner I can take you places, so you can live again," she reminds me. I know she wants me back to myself too.

"I want to, I just don't know how to bring it up," I admit.

Eyla tilts her head side to side, as if she's considering asking Hale herself.

"You are injured after all," she says.

I rest my palm against my stomach, feeling the bandage that covers my healing wound. Trace hasn't been on my mind since it happened. I mourned the idea of him once, that won't be happening again.

"And I can't leave anyway. I'm still mortal," I remind her. The dangers beyond these walls have ceased just because I've found my mate.

Eyla frowns. "Haven't figured it out yet?"

"There is one thing I could do, but it involves killing myself, or having someone else do it," I tell her, shuddering at the thought.

The worst part is not actually knowing for certain if it will work...

Eyla stares back at me as I smile uncomfortably. "Don't look at me, I'm not doing it!"

"I don't mean you, Eyla. All I know is that I need to figure this out for real," I dismiss. I wouldn't put that burden on her, of all people.

Eyla rolls over her side, looking troubled. "I can't believe Trace is dead."

I sigh through my nose. Eyla has been wary about bringing it up since that day, and so has Hale. Neither want to push me, but I feel nothing. No sadness, no regret. Just nothingness.

"I don't feel an ounce of sadness," I tell her flatly.

She smiles. She was lucky enough to never know him, but she had to find the man Trace killed, which still haunts her to this day. I don't think she will ever get over it.

A soft knock against the open door casts my attention upward.

"How do you feel?" he asks.

Since the moment I came back, Hale has spent most times of the day at my bedside, and each night beside me. It's clear he's been pacing back and forth outside the door, trying to give Eyla and I space.

"Alright I suppose. Considering." I stretch out in bed, trying not to wince at the burning pain that follows any movement I make.

Eyla pats my arm. "I should leave. I'm sure you two have some very important things to discuss."

I glare at my best friend's back as she jumps off the bed and skips out the room, drawing the door closed behind her.

"I can't stand her sometimes," I mutter, although I can't help but laugh at her attempts to strike up an uncomfortable conversation between Hale and I.

Hale sits next to me, smiling tightly. "We should talk though, about that."

I grin, pushing myself up to sit up properly. It's been virtually impossible to keep my hands off him, now more than ever. I hate that I know who my mate is and I have to hold myself back from having my way with him.

"I'm ready when you are."

"I think we should still wait. At least until you're healed," he says, reluctance dripping from his tone. This is hurting him just as much as it is hurting me, he's just better at keeping it to himself.

He told me it's because he's had to do it since I came into the cave. I should have just launched myself at him the moment I laid eyes on him.

"I'm not fragile. I'll be fine," I assure him.

I'm not sure how to position my body to look more alluring right now, but if I did, I would.

"I've spent the last couple months here with you, thinking about all the ways I would have you if the chance ever arose. Doing so while you're gravely injured is not included in that," Hale notes, crossing around the bed to lay down on it next to me.

I groan. "This is a matter of my life, remember."

"You should only need another week or two before you're okay again. I don't think you will suffer too much in waiting," he teases, not exactly how difficult this has been for me.

I feel like smacking him, but I've already exerted enough energy today.

"You have no idea..." I sigh, stuffing my head into the pillow, wishing it would swallow me up and spit me back out all healed again.

Hale leans over me, kissing me gently on the forehead. "Get some rest, it's getting late. I'll be in my room."

"Why not stay here?" I pout, grabbing his arm.

"And risk you tempting me?" He smirks, making me roll my eyes. Oddly enough, he has a very strong will, which I envy.

I just want to rip his clothes off.

"Fine..." I concede, watching him leave the room, switching the light off behind him, ready to take Eyla back home for the night.

It doesn't take me long to fall asleep. Being in pain all day is exhausting, however, tonight, it seems as though I'm plagued with nightmares more than usual.

I see a man in my dreams.

He's tall, enigmatic. Everything about him is shadowy, almost impossible to decipher, except for the piercing green eyes of his that stare back at me through the darkness.

I can feel him, his proximity. It feels like he's in my room...no, he's in this cave somewhere.

Shooting out of bed, I gasp out, clutching my stomach.

Whoever that man is, he's here, I can tell. This felt less like a dream and more like a vision, like he's calling to me.

Shuddering, I slip out of bed, ignoring the bite of pain from my wound as I scratch around for my coat and shoes.

The rest of the cave is dark as I slip out my bedroom door.

Hale's asleep, but he would want me to wake him, to alert him to someone's potential presence here.

But I received that vision...It's for me to investigate.

Picking my way careful into the dark hallway, I slowly make my way through the frigid air and ominous shadows, my flashlight being all that guides me.

Once I make it to the door on the far end, I stand in the threshold, breathing fogging in front of my face as I look around.

Sweeping my flashlight around, I first see nothing, until the beam illuminates a figure leaning against one of the walls.

I flinch back, heart pounding against my ribs, nearly dropping the flashlight.

"Who are you?" I ask softly.

He's the exact man from my vision, although now the fine details of his face are revealed to me. And of course, those stunning green eyes seem to cut through the darkness, accompanied by a devious smile that plays at his lips.

"My name is Keo," he responds. His accent is thick, unfamiliar. I've travelled far, and never have come across any sound like that.

"Well Keo, is there any reason you need to be up here?" My flashlight beam is trembling as much as my voice is.

"I came to talk to you," he says.

"Me?"

He gestures behind me. "Can I come in?"

I swallow tightly. I should have brought Hale out here, because this man is rivalling his imposing nature.

"I don't know, can you?" I narrow my eyes. Only mortals can come through the magical threshold, and I get the feeling whoever this man is, he isn't close to that.

His smile is cruel, sending chills fluttering over my skin.

With slow, purposeful steps, he makes his way closer. I fight the urge to retreat, knowing that as long as I stay behind the wall of magic, he probably can't get to me.

Suddenly, he reaches out, grabbing my arm with a painfully tight grip, pushing me back as he steps past the threshold.

I gasp at his sudden proximity. "Mortal?"

"Not exactly," he sneers, yanking me with him.

"Woah...What's going on? Let go of me!" I growl. My frantic attempt to pull out of his grip is useless, as he drags me down the hallway.

"Sorry sweetheart, I don't mean to scare you, but I need to talk to Hale, or as your people call him, the Immortal Prince," he exclaims.

"My people? Who are you?" I demand.

We burst through the door on the other end, Keo not making any move to let go of me.

"Hale! Come out and talk why don't you. Wouldn't want to hurt this pretty woman that you possess," Keo calls out, smirking down at me.

Monster...

Hale emerges moments later, hair mussed, looking confused and irritable. He stops short the moment he lays eyes on the man holding me.

"Keo..."

"Hale, what's going on?" I ask gently. He knows this man, and by the look on his face, that's not a good thing.

"You're going to be okay, Vaela," Hale assures me steadily, which only fuels my panic more. I'm in more danger than I realise.

Keo gazes down at me, grip never lightening. "Vaela huh? How lovely."

"Who are you?" I whisper.

Hale clears his threat uncomfortably. "This is Keo. And he's a very dangerous man."

🖤••🖤

As always, the story will be available 10 chapters ahead on Radish!!!

You can also find it on GoodNovel (:

• A DEMON'S KISS IS OUT NOW ON WATTPAD•

"You...You what?"

Kastriv examines my husband with an unforgiving, ice cold gaze. "I want to fuck your wife. And you're going to let me."

~Midika 💜🐼

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

7M 255K 52
Lila had a family. And for a while they were happy. Then on her eighteenth birthday, her Parents, brother, and his mate died in a tragic car accident...
38 0 1
This is a fated mate romance between a reluctant fiery woman and an alpha male who is more then used to getting his way. Their bloodlines make them s...
221 8 50
𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐈𝐍│𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 "Does that mean...", I hesitate to continue, looking down at my hands, too embarrassed to look him in the eyes fo...
1.5K 77 13
(Completed Book One 🖤) They're sinful. Beautiful. Deadly. And more dangerous than the wolves who hunt us in the woods. Three Vampires rule our wo...