Cigarettes & Peonies

Por AkanshaSingh066

Impeccably good girl Maahi Khandelwal plunges into a serious predicament when her father recieves a promotion... Mais

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
Epilogue

08

5K 432 129
Por AkanshaSingh066

Last chapter's best comment award goes to Babu-Rao-420, let's see who wins the award in this chapter. All the best.
___________________________________________
"Did you met Karanvir the day before????" Luv asked his twin. Maahi stiffened after hearing his name. She still hadn't forgotten what had happened last night in the restaurant. Kush clicked his tongue.
"No way. I was busy with the assignment." replied kush, yawning. Luv frowned upon him.
"If we won't approach him than how are we gonna find our way into the soccer team. C'mon kush, you need to be a bit more energetic." said luv disapprovingly. Kush was half dozing and had hardly heard anything. Meanwhile the honking of the bus was heard and the siblings turned to look at the approaching bus. The bus rolled stop close to them and they embarked the bus. Maahi sat near the vaishali, the girl who was slowly becoming her good friend. They both smiled at each other and the bus sped off to the bus stop. As the driver killed the engine in the bus stop, the first thing Maahi observed was the creepy Karanvir who stood wreathed in by his imbecile pals. His lips curled up into a sordid smirk upon catching sight of her. She forthwith looked down into her phone just to avoid his piercing gaze.
"Karanvir bhaiya ji!!!!" the boys in the back roared and for a second maahi felt that the bus was shaking. Maahi lifted up her gaze warily and stiffened on watching Karanvir occupying the very first seat of the bus, close to the driver. Fear spread inside her. She could feel his piercing stare hooked on her which kinda made her uncomfortable.
"Bhaiya ji are you ok there or should I join you!!!!" the cute guy who is always sticking around Karanvir, cackled. Karanvir smirked and eyed maahi creepily.
"Never felt better in my entire life." his husky voice boomed inside the bus as the boys in the bus had curiously went silent after his arrival. Maahi was restless and uneasy. Due to this creepy Karanvir she couldn't even look up, she felt like a prisoner for some reason.
"Vaishali I'm in the back ok." she whispered timidly to her bus friend who looked equally annoyed with karanvir's presence. She nodded and Maahi quickly stood up and sprinted towards her brothers.
"Got worked up!!!" she heard one of his friends whisper as she sat beside her brothers.
"What happened!!!!" Kush asked confused. Maahi clicked her tongue.
"I was getting bored there." she lied. Her brothers smiled. Luv began showing her his assignments. Maahi was fairly good in English which is why her brothers always made sure to have their assignments corrected by her, especially the acknowledgements. She deliberately delayed the correction by taking long time in reading every single line, which was unnecessary, but she had to delay in order to ignore the creepy Karanvir. But the creepy Karanvir wasn't creepy for no reason. While she was looking closely at those assignments, she heard a shuffle of feet closeby. Impulsively lifting up her gaze she found the creepy Karanvir sitting right in front of her, well obliquely. She was sitting on a vacant two seater, the boys occupying the seats were out, and Karanvir had sat on the last seat where they both were facing at each other obliquely. She shudders.
"Bhaiya ji, today we'll walk into the sciences department." a guy said to Karanvir who was staring squarely at maahi while Maahi was busy in correcting her brothers assignment. But maahi heard it and she had all reasons to fret. Sciences department was where she studied and them rambling inside her building wasn't a good sign, at least not for her. However, she kept on ignoring him and fixed her gaze onto the assignment.
"You should've mentioned the HOD's name as well." Maahi said to her brother, making sure that her eyes were solely on the papers. Luv gasped.
"Oh God. I'll have to write another one now. Thanks for letting me know, I mean that cranky professor of mine would've killed me had I shown this to him first." Luv said and rummaged inside his bag for an extra paper.
"Bhaiya ji, I am pretty sure your assignment will have tons of mistakes, after all jeet made it for you. Why don't you have it checked????" the cute guy once again cackled. Maahi gulped. She was trying hard to not pay heed to them but it just was becoming more and more difficult. Now this time she heard karanvir's faint chuckle.
"I would love to." he said this much but that's another thing that whistles and screams rumbled inside the bus. Maahi couldn't understand why were they going bananas over that. He said nothing particularly special after all.
"Ofcourse. Maahi can do this for you sir. I mean she is really good in English. Right maahi???" Kush said excitedly. Maahi gasped. Has her brother went mad???? She fearfully peeked at Karanvir to find him staring at her sinisterly. His lips had a sly smirk playing on them. She quickly withdrew her eyes off him and turned to her brother.
"The bus driver has come......I should leave for my seat." she whispered nervously and stood up, ignoring Karanvir. She started walking to her seat in the front. Behind her she could feel Karanvir on her heels, her unsteady breathing was enough to show how afraid she was at the moment. The driver was starting the bus, he jammed hard on the accelerator and Maahi lunged forward, thankfully her firm hold on the seat had prevented her from falling headlong on the bus floor. However, while her hand was still planted over the seat she felt something warm and fleshy brushing over her hand. She casually looked on her hand and gasped. Karanvir's fingers were skimming her hand, he might've also took to the seat for support when the bus gave a sudden jolt. She quickly retreated her hand and darted off to her seat.

Maahi's University finally came on vision. She was thankful for that because this journey was dreadful to be honest. Karanvir was shameless when it came to staring at her but she had noticed that as the days are passing he isn't shying from doing things which aren't normal. Previously he would just stick to casual staring but now he has started to whisper stuff while ogling at her. He would deliberately end up doing something or the other which would catch her attention, which she regrets wholeheartedly afterwards. She was getting more and more scared of him with each passing day, although he hasn't harmed her in any way yet he was a 'Bad boy' and you don't trust bad boys. The bus eased inside the bus stop where finally the driver killed the engine. The students started disembarking the bus. She grabbed her bag and stood in the queue, ignoring Karanvir who sort of looked pissed off after she had rigorously ignored him all through her journey. Now, it was Maahi's turn to climb down but somehow a boy came jostling through the queue, pushed her and tried to climb down before her. Although it was a mere push and she wasn't even hurt but she felt bad as it was her turn to disembark. However, before the tyke could leap down the last step, he was grabbed roughly by the scruff of his neck, hauled behind brutally and flung at the back of the bus. The boy yelped in pain as he fell on his back on the bus floor. It all happened so sudden that Maahi hardly apprehended anything, all she understood was that it was Karanvir who manhandled the boy as the bus was silent and watching him in fear. He glared lethally at the boy who was pallid in fear.
"Maahi come down." Vaishali quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her out. Maahi was speechless, like what the hell just happened.
"He's a dork I'm telling you...... bloody Karanvir." Vaishali muttered peeved as she walked with Maahi to the classroom. Maahi was aghast. She still couldn't get that picture out of her mind, that boy, Karanvir and his dangerous eyes.
"That was so scary." Maahi whispered as she increased her pace and darted off to her building, not turning back to look at the creepy Karanvir who was certainly standing near the bus and staring in her direction.

The recess arrived and Maahi, forgetting Karanvir and his doings, grabbed her lunch and started marching towards her friend's building. However, just outside her classroom door she saw Karanvir and Co. marching inside the corridor across hers. She gasps in fear. Now, she did things in the following sequence. She quietly stole outside her classroom taking full caution that she doesn't catches karanvir's eyes, carefully climbed down the stairs and ran to her friend's building which was luckily across her building. There she peacefully had her lunch with her. When she returned to her building, Karanvir wasn't there and she peacefully took rest of her classes. When the college was over, she grabbed her bag and trudged downstairs. She moved towards the bus stop. Now, today she didn't discover Karanvir roaming around the bus and she was pleased with that. She happily climbed into her bus but there she found that her happiness was short lived for Karanvir was laying on one of the seats, surrounded by his friends. They giggled as she came in. She sighed in defeat and moved towards her seat. Behind her she heard 'baby girl' in a feeble whisper, but she felt that she was just hearing stuff and ignored it. Although she kept on listening croonings of obscured origin which made no sense to her but she ended up perceiving one thing distinctly for it was said a bit too loud, and that was 'Do you like chocolates baby girl', at that time Karanvir had his phone in his hand and Maahi believed that he was asking this to somebody on the phone, but that's another thing that the phone wasn't even unlocked and he surely wasn't talking to anybody on phone. Maahi ignored all. She quietly moved to her seat. On her seat sat a plump girl, couple of times she had seen her in the bus but never talked to her. She is usually around Karanvir or atleast tries to be especially when he doesn't even acknowledges her.
"Um can you please shift. I also want to sit here." Maahi politely asked her. She made a very grimacing face and replied.
"No sit somewhere else. Me and my friends will sit here." she was absolutely rude, like really rude. Maahi felt demeaned for some reason and asked no further but placed her bag on the seat behind. Her eyes fell on Karanvir who was clenching his fists, he looked livid and so did his friends. She ignored him. Abruptly her phone rang.
"Hi vaishali." she said on the phone.
"Maahi can you please come and help me to carry some books to the library. Pretty please." vaishali requested. Maahi chuckled and agreed. She cuts the call and moves towards her building.

Vaishali and Maahi both were walking towards the bus after transferring few books inside the library. They chatted as they came inside the bus.
"What's this???? But you said somebody else was sitting on our seat." Vaishali inquired bewildered. Maahi was herself shocked. The girl who was sitting behind was actually sitting on their seats, and who the hell just shifted her bag back on her seat. She looked at the impudent girl and discovered a faint bluish-purple bruise around her left eye. Her eyes were swollen. Had she been crying???? She turned towards Karanvir who was still laying on the same seat and smirking evily.
"But vaishali....."
"Oh let it be. We have our seat to ourselves, what else matters now??? C'mon cheer up girl. And by the way, I despise this girl at the back, she's so haughty." Vaishali said casually and kept her bag on the seat beside hers. Maahi didn't feel right. Something had surely happened while she was absent from the bus, Karanvir never smirks this evily after all for no reason. Maahi sits on her seat as the driver started the bus but still she felt that something was seriously wrong. Karanvir was once again back to his seat in the front and his staring game ensued. Maahi tried every possible way to ignore him but he obviously wasn't happy with that and therefore he would do something or the other to catch her attention.

The journey finally ended and relief washed over her. Sharing the same bus with creepy Karanvir was becoming more and more difficult with each passing day. Nonetheless, she walked out of the bus along with her brothers who were madly waving their 'dearest' Karanvir bye. She was seriously chagrined with them for fangirling over a creep. Karanvir's desperate eyes awaited a single glance from her but that didn't came, but she furtively saw that desperate look in his eyes which is why she quoted it as 'desperate'. She didn't turn back and walked home straight with her brothers.

Maahi eats her dinner consisting of paneer curry, french beans, flatbreads, chutney and nothing else. She goes to sleep sharp at 10. In the middle of the night, she recieves a phone call from an unknown number.
"Hello!!!!" she says, half asleep. There was no reply.
"Anyone there???" she asked, her eyelids drooping. Now faintly she heard a whisper, a feeble one at that. Something like 'You're mine baby girl' reached her ears but then it was so feeble that she wasn't even sure if she heard it right or not. She cuts the call, tosses her phone on the lamp stand and falls asleep.
___________________________________________
Every single vote matters and every single follower adds up to my family. So make sure you leave a vote and also follow me if you are liking this novel.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

32.8K 729 96
Lieutenant Lina Cruise, callsign Maverick. Daughter of the fearless actor Tom Cruises ended up just as adventurous and fearless as her dad. She follo...
87K 179 11
Just a horny girl with a normal life 🙄
143K 3.3K 59
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
7K 146 17
Cortney roberts, and her friends, play for district 5 hockey team. Which isn't a very good one, but when they get a new coach, things start to change.