𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏 𝑪𝒓𝒐𝒘 | Haiky...

By Shixgami20

❝ᶠᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ ᵈᵒʷⁿ ⁱˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵃ ᶠᵃⁱˡᵘʳᵉ. ᶠᵃⁱˡᵘʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵗᵃʸ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡᵉⁿ.❞ -- (M/n) (l/n) a second y... More

• one •
• two •
• three •
• four •
• five •
• six •
• seven •
• eight •
• nine •
• ten •
• eleven •
• twelve •
• thirteen •
• fourteen •
• fifteen •
• sixteen •
• seventeen •
• eighteen •
• nineteen •
• twenty •
• twenty-one •
• twenty-three •
• twenty-four •
• twenty-five •
• twenty- six •

• twenty-two •

1.9K 55 2
By Shixgami20

A/N: Am alive!!!! Exams are coming up tho :[
Tysm for the read and fore being patient tho!

Feel free to critique my writing! I'm open to ways where/how I can improve my writing!

(H/c) - hair colour
(E/c) - eye colour
(S/c) - skin colour
(R/n) - random name

_____

• twenty-two •

“Somehow… I feel like everyone is somewhat... on edge…” Yachi spoke, staring at the quiet team, the air around them was so tense that anyone could cut it with a knife.

“Yeah… I heard that they lost to the team we’re up against last time,” (m/n) said, standing beside Yachi, “but I’m sure I… I mean… we’ll get through it. I just know it--eh! Tada-chin! Y-You look like a ghost!!”

“Y-Yeah… I’m--I’m a little n-nervous,” Yamaguchi chuckled, “Yachi-San, you don’t happen to have any stomach-ache pills?”

“Uh, yeah I should have some here,” Yachi answered as she looked through the bag, “you know if you’re nervous you could probably just say what’s worrying you, saying out whatever is troubling you can often help!”

“Eh…” Yamaguchi trailed as he looked down, his arms still wrapped around his stomach, “w-well… the first time I had ever been put in the game… was during our match during Aoba Johsai and it was one of the most crucial moments where they really needed me… and I… completely stuffed up my serve…”

“They put you through something like that!?” Yachi exclaimed, “ah! Now I’m getting nervous! My heart feels like it’s going to die…!”

“Eh? Eh?! Hito-chin! Don’t die!!” (m/n) exclaimed, worry smudging his face.

“Yachi!!” Yamaguchi cried with the second year.

“What’s wrong with you two?” Sugawara asked, he raised an eyebrow giving the trio a weird look.

“Yachi…! Yachi’s heart…!” Yamaguchi cried, panic-stricken.

“Huh?” Sugawara asked, more confused than he was before, "you guys are making no sense..."

“I guess if you give your nerves to someone else it either blows up in your face or it works out well.” Daichi chuckled. He took a few deep breaths and clapped his hands, “alright guys! Let’s gather!”

_____

“Oh? They showed up fashionably late,” Oikawa whistled, watching the team enter the court as he removed his jacket and proceeded to stretch with Iwaizumi, “don’t you think, Iwa-chan?”

“Stop trying to act cool, idiot!” Iwaizumi stated, punching the brunet on the back of his head, earning the usual whining from his best friend. Iwaizumi raised his head and watched as the team did their stretches and warmed up, he was about to switch positions with Oikawa until he noticed an unfamiliar yet somewhat familiar person on Karasuno. “Hey, was that guy always on their team?” Iwaizumi asked, pointing over to (f/n).

Oikawa raised his head and eyed the person that Iwaizumi was pointing to, “no… I don’t think so…?” Oikawa answered, “actually he looks like the person I saw at the vending machine not too long ago!”

(m/n) let out a small sneeze, obviously getting the attention of Karasuno who stared at him. Their minds took time to process his sneeze, which seemed a bit like a squeak, and their faces erupted in a blush once their minds had computed the scene that had just occurred.

“(m/n) … stop… you’re--you’re gonna kill us…!” Tanaka said, the blush on his face showing no signs of going away anytime soon.

“Eh?! Don’t die!!” (m/n) exclaimed as he grabbed Tanaka by his shoulders and violently shook him, “you can’t die! Who’s gonna be the reliable Senpai to our precious Kouhai!!”

“Waah! (m/n) you’re so unfair!!” Tanaka sobbed, doing the same gesture to (m/n), “I’m so confused because of you…!”

“Eh?? What did I do?!” (m/n) cried, the two shaking each other violently.

“Well now… this is interesting to watch…” Sugawara chuckled.

“Always a scary and weird bunch...” Watari stated, watching the chaos that was yet to burn out from across the court, “I can’t tell if they’re nervous or not...”

“That’s a bunch of crows for you,” Oikawa shrugged, “always bunching up and fighting one another.”

“Stop acting all smug or I’ll punch you again.” Iwaizumi grumbled.

“Y-Yessir...” Oikawa chuckled, sheepishly scratching the back of his head, “anyways... let’s get this match done and dusted, we can’t guarantee that they’re the same Karasuno we faced months ago... but we've changed too. Let’s beat them again and this time... go to nationals!”

“Right!”

“Alright then,” Oikawa started, his atmosphere changing like a switch had just flipped inside of him, “I trust you guys.”

The whistle blew, signalling for all the players to assemble onto the court in their respective positions. Once the referee gave the go, everyone prepared themselves to receive Oikawa's monstrous serves. Daichi took a deep breath in, with Nishinoya and Asahi joining him in the back, also prepared to receive the serve.

“That number one must be a really good server if we have Dai-chin, Yuu-chin and Azu-chin in the back.” (m/n) said, turning to Sugawara, his eyes asking for confirmation.

“Yeah, his serves are basically spikes.” Sugawara answered, a shiver running down his spine.

(M/n) turned his attention back to the court as the whistle blew. He watched Oikawa's routine, which reminded him of Kageyama’s, and the brunet tossed the ball up. Oikawa jumped and hit the ball, letting out a grunt as he released a decent amount of power behind his serve. The ball flew across the court in mere milliseconds, in which Daichi dove to the side, managing to get it up.

(M/n)’s eyes lit up at the serve and a grin formed on his (pale, freckled, tan etc) complexion.

“what an interesting person...” (m/n) whispered, his eyes completely glued on Oikawa, observing his every move.

“If you keep staring at him like that, you’re gonna burn holes into his body.” Narita deadpanned, (m/n) flinched and blushed at the statement, chuckling lightly.

“Sorry, I couldn’t help it… he’s a pretty interesting guy.” (m/n) stated.

“Left!”

“Centre!”

“Bring it!!”

The blockers flinched at Hinata’s words and prepared themselves for the set, they watched as Kageyama’s fingertips touched the ball and the three immediately reacted to the set, jumping up as Hinata slammed his hand on the ball. The ball hit Kindaichi’s hands, and it soared back down to Karasuno’s side of the court.

“Don’t mind! Let’s switch things up and get these points one at a time!” Daichi yelled, clapping his hands as he returned to his position.

“Osu!”

Iwaizumi bounced the ball and tossed it up, hitting the ball directly over to Asahi. Kageyama quickly chased after the ball, attempting to set it up one-handed over to Tanaka to avoid Kunimi from hitting it over the net. Tanaka delayed his timing and jumped, hitting a cross between Kindaichi’s arms.

“Thank you!” Asahi grinned.

The team cheered and a small chuckle escaped (m/n)’s lips, “Hina-chin looks like he wants to get a spike in too.” He spoke.

“That would make sense…” Sugawara frowned, making (m/n) smile and slap his back.

“Don’t worry, he’ll get through this!” (m/n) proclaimed, “if he couldn’t get through the troubles he’s faced before, then he wouldn’t be where he is now!”

Iwaizumi jumped and squeezed the ball through the small gap between the antenna and Kageyama. Daichi quickly dove for the ball and bumped it up and over to Kageyama. Hinata quickly took off and hit the ball to only be met with Kindaichi’s tall, sturdy arms. Hinata bit the bottom of his lip as he turned, expecting the ball to hit the floor. That is until Tsukishima managed to bump it up, startling everyone.

“Chance ball!” Iwaizumi yelled.
Hinata’s face scrunched as he turned hit attention back to the court, thinking of his next moves. (m/n) sighed and shook his head, seeing the urgency and desperation plastered on the ginger’s face, well, that is until kicked him right on the butt.

“Keep--head--you.... straight you dumbass!!” Kageyama yelled, stumbling over his words.

“Is that Japanese?” Tsukishima asked, earning a stifled laugh from Tanaka who had overheard him.

“Hina-chin sure can get ahead of himself sometimes now, huh?” (m/n) chuckled.

“Yup, but that’s probably the reason why Kageyama is always competing against him. No one’s been there to compete with him but no he has Hinata who is always going on ahead and trying to be better, in his own way.” Sugawara grinned, looking proudly at his kouhai.

(m/n) chuckled and watched the team take another point, the whistle blew and the team watched as a blond buzz-cut male entered the court. His face dark and compressed into an expression of anger. (m/n) stared intensely at the second year and he clenched his fists.

“He’s… bad news…” he whispered which was enough for the third, second and first years with him to hear.

The team watched as Aoba Johsai received their attack and progressed with theirs. Oikawa set the ball up, looking to set it to Kindaichi, but the onion head was cut off by Kyoutani. The blond jumped, arching his back and taking full swing. The ball soared over to Karasuno’s ball, each team member unable to move from the surprise attack. Nishinoya stared where the ball had landed and looked over to the line judge closest to him and a feeling of relief washed over him when the male had raised his arm up.

The team all celebrated as they had taken the first set with ease, but doubt and fear crawled the back of their minds at the sudden substitution made by Aoba Johsai.

“You guys were amazing out there!” (m/n) grinned as he warmed himself up.

“Thanks!” the team grinned, taking their break and downing their water. Asahi gave a satisfied sigh as he handed his bottle over to Kiyoko. (M/n) walked up to the brunet and placed a towel over his head, giving him a big grin exposing his pearly, white teeth.

“You were amazing too, Azu-chin!” (m/n) beamed.

Asahi blushed at the kind gesture and stuttered out a bashful “thanks” to the (brunet, blacket, albino, etc). (M/n) then waltzed over to Kageyama who had been a little conflicted since the start of the first quarter but had gradually eased a little from the support of his teammates.

“You okay, Tobio-chin?” (m/n) asked, stretching his arms.
Kageyama wiped his sweat off with his towel, sneaking a quick glance at the slightly taller male beside him. He sighed and bit the inside of his cheek, unsure how to form a proper answer that didn’t seem like gibberish.

“Kind of… Oikawa-san still terrifies me, and the thought of losing is still gripping me… but I know that we’ll get through this,” Kageyama smiled at (m/n) who’s eyes lit up at the expression he gave him, “we’ll beat them this time.”

“Yeah, we’re gonna beat them and go to nationals! Then I’ll finally meet Yaku-chin and Akaa-chin on the court, on even terms.” (m/n) grinned, his bright (yellow, brown, blue etc.) hues glimmering with determination.

“Alright, let’s do this!” (m/n) slapped his face and entered the court with his team as the whistle blew, signalling the start of the second set.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 5.3K 40
"𝕪𝕠𝕦'𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕕𝕚𝕠𝕥" "𝕎𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣, 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕥" You and Kageyama started dating in middle school at the end of yo...
185K 5.3K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
257K 7.7K 32
You always have a good eye for observing people especially seeing their flaws on things they usually do. (L/n) (F/n), Nishinoya's cousin and a forme...
899K 30.6K 69
Not many Haikyuu x male readers so i thought why not make one! Oikawa Y/N, much like his older brother, loves volleyball, not to the extent of needin...