The Lost Blight : TOH x OC

Oleh LazyWhiteRaven

What if the Blights had a middle child but lost her and she ended up in the human realm when she was only thr... Lebih Banyak

Madelene's Info
The Boiling Isles
Potion Delivery
A/N
Hexside
Madelene's Updated Info for S1
The Intruder
Covention
Little Miss Perfect
A/N
A/N 2
Cost of Interest
Q&A?
Q&A Part 2
New Beginnings
The Bet part 1
The Bet part 2
Q&A 2 electric boogaloo
Q&A 2 electric boogaloo 2
WAH! Read at your Own Risk
Blightfully Unaware
Setting Boundaries
Story Update A/N
School Day Frights
A/N
Pause
Really Weird Things
Turns into Romantic Shipping

Two Sides of the Same Coin

1.3K 34 8
Oleh LazyWhiteRaven

As promised here's a double chapter upload, buckle up folks, this gonna be a bit of an angst train in the beginning. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter~ :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mommy and Daddy said they were going to introduce me to some of their friends. I didn't want to come, 'cause I wanted to look after baby 'ittens today. But Mommy and Daddy are very scary, so I went with them. We stopped by a place with lots of books inside.

Mommy told me to wait outside while they go get something. I'm confused, but I don't want to make them more angry. They always been angry at me all the time now. I sat there, getting bored, wanting to go home. I wanna see baby mittens, hold her close, let her drink her milk. I furrowed angrily, until something caught my eyes.

Madelene: .... Huh?

I saw a pretty bug flying around, its color very pretty.

Madelene: Pwetty bug fhay! Fl- Fly! Toungeeeee!!!!

I cried out, wanting to see it. Maybe it is a rare pixie! Fresh meat!

~I want it.

~I should take it.

I look at my parents inside, and back to the thing. Grown-up business can be long, so I chase the bug around, hoping to catch it quickly.

The bug landed on a table with weird stuff on it, teasing me. Behind the table there was a lady with orange hair. I tried to reach for the bug, but it flew again going inside the tent behind the lady.

~I should catch it.

~I really, really, need it.

I sneaked behind to follow, wanting, needing to get that bug. Inside I saw a glowing door, I chased the bug through it.

Madelene: Bug fhay! Bug fhay! Whoosh!

Almost stumbling and cracking my head at the doorframe, I chased the bug until it landed on a pretty flower. A flower so pretty, just like my baby sister's eyes!

Madelene: Flowahr! Fwo- fo - daisy! For baby 'ittens!

I exclaimed, picking the flower to give to baby 'ittens, I look up and saw strange plants but no matter, I need to give this to mittens!

I tried to go back to the door....

Madelene: Huh?

... but there's no door?

Madelene: Where am I?

I keep looking around and everything's strange.

Madelene: Mommy! Daddy!

I called as the wind blew through the trees. I tried, but I'm scared, calling for them again.

???: Madelene.

I turn around and I see mommy and daddy.

Madelene: Mommy! Daddy!

I run to them, almost trembling, but mommy makes a wall around me.

Madelene: Mommy? Daddy? What are you doing?

Daddy: I'm sorry dear, but you are to stay here. The twins are already advancing in their magic but your attention is abysmal in many ways. Always fussing over Amity, neglecting your practice. And still, even if you are, the magic won't manifest in you.

Mommy: Imagine the scandal. A Blight child, unable to use magic.

Madelene: B- but I can! Momme, l-look!

I did a wobbly circle, but it breaks, making me sob as mommy huff in disappointment.

Mommy: Dear, stop embarrassing yourself. You have hindered Amity's growth already. You bring nothing but disappointment one after another. You are no longer to associate yourself with your sister, understood?

Madelene: What?

It hurts. Why is Mommy talking like that to me? What did I do wrong?

I don't understand what they're saying.

Mommy: You are to stay here. Forever. Goodbye, dear.

They started walking away. Leaving me behind, with that wall between us.

Madelene: Mommy! Daddy! Wait! No! DON' GO! DON' LEAVE ME!

I bang on the wall desperate to break through.

Madelene: MOM! DAD! PLEASE! NO! DON'T GO! DON'T GO!

I keep banging on the wall but it wouldn't break, tears stream down my cheeks as I watch my parent's form disappear.

Madelene: Please... please don't leave me...

My head falls, I watch my tears splash onto the ground, I hugged the flower in my torso as I sobbed.

Madelene: No... No... I want to go home..... Amity... I want to go home....

LUZ POV

I stirred awake to the sounds of whimpering, pulling me out of sleep. Tired but concerned, I sit up and rub my eyes in confusion.

Luz: .... What's happening...

Madelene: no... no... don't go...

Luz: Maddy?

I turn to Maddy, curled into a fetal position as she whimpers and mumbles to herself.

Madelene: no... please... don't go... don't go...

I panicked as I saw her tears begin to flow. Nightmare? This is scaring me.

Luz:Maddy!

I rush to her side and begin nudging her, trying to wake her up.

Madelene: please... don't leave me...

Luz: Madelene? Madelene! Sis, wake up!

I stayed in place as I continued to cry, did my parents really... leave me?

Madelene: Why? Why did they abandon me?

???: -lene! -delene!

Why? What did I do wrong? Why are they so mean? I know I'm not good. I know I'm not as great as the twins. But I tried my best. I do. I really do!

???: Maddy.

I feel a small hand on my shoulder jolting me in misery. It feels warm and comforting. I look up from my tears, seeing a little purple Amity.

Madelene: Amity?

She didn't say anything, the warmth I felt receding. I was confused but I did what I could only think of at that moment. I want to hug her, wanting to feel that warmth once more. But before I could wrap my arms around her, she sidestepped, making me stumble.

Amity: Why did you leave me?

My heart banged in its cage to hear her say that.

Madelene: N-no. I-I didn't-

Amity: Then why did you wait for so long? Why not return sooner?

Another purple Amity materializes. This one, chilled me to the bone. It's baby Amity, wailing, eyes red and wet.

Little Amity: MADDY! MADDY WHERE!? NO GO! NO GO! YOU PWOMISE!

My heart felt like it was in a vice, her voice carried so much yearning towards me. I tried to stand but my legs felt like jelly.

Madelene: I-It's not like that... I-I didn't-

???: How could you, Maddy?

I turn and see purple Luz, her eyes blank, black goo falling out.

Luz: You already found your siblings. Are you going to leave me too?

My heart panged, I would never leave her, I would never leave them.

Madelene: N-no, no! I-I wouldn't!

Madelene: AAAAAHHHH!

Madelene woke with a scream, standing up, disoriented, gripping her shirt as she wailed more.

Luz: Maddy!

Madelene clutches her chest as she breathes heavily, her hair obscuring my view of her expression.

I can't catch my breath, my heart feels like it's going to jump out of my chest at any moment. My vision is shaky, and I'm breaking out a cold sweat. I grabbed my head, grunting as words rang in my head.

Dad: You are to stay here.

Mom: Imagine the scandal. A Blight child, unable to use magic.

The words echoed in my head, they got louder and louder, no other thought could form in my head, I felt tears falling down my cheeks. My teeth gritted to try and help deal with the overwhelming voices.

I felt big hands on my shoulder, meeting the worried gaze of Eda. Her mouth is moving but her voice is muffled. I felt another hand on my left arm, Luz called with tears in her eyes, I saw King beneath, clutching the end of my shorts.

They're crowding me. Hurting me...

Amity: Why not return sooner?

Stop touching me... You're choking me....

Luz: You already found your siblings. Are you going to leave me too?

I can't breathe. I-

Little Amity: MADDY! MADDY WHERE!? NO GO! NO GO! YOU PWOMISE!

I scream as I run out of the room and out of the house, the voices loud and demanding.

They were there. Always there.

So I ran.

It's glaringly obvious Boscha will start her day weird. She can feel and see it. Boscha has three eyes for Titan's sake.

It started off with her parents squabbling once more, as if angry but still lace with love and intent. That's one of the things she hates about her parents. Either be angry or in love, not both for the love of demons! She didn't know if they were teasing her all the time, but it still pissed her off to see them like that in front of her fried eyeballs.

Of course, the moment she left their doorstep, the Demon Realm almost mocked her with a shovel. A literal shovel flying passed her head. If not her quick reflexes it will land straight on her visible forehead.

As she progresses more and more into the market, she can count in two hands the disastrous things she has scarcely avoided. While with reputation and being meaner always working at her batchmates, sometimes Boscha isn't excluded from the chaos that ensues out of her control.

Opting to wear the bravado she cloaked into, she continued on her way, towards her destination.... Until that girl slammed on her shoulder.

And from that moment forward, her day's plan has been ruined.

Boscha: Hey, jackass!

She yelled at the quickly retreating form, hissing as her shoulder throbbed in pain. That... Madelene simply ignores her, infuriatingly. Boscha has been enough of that girl's punching bag, always pushing her around in a way that physical action cannot perform.

Boscha: Oh just you wait...

She threatened raising the sleeve of her jacket in preparation, backing up and following Madelene's trail- wanting to teach her a lesson with fist and words.

Except.... It did not go as she planned.

She was ready. Oh, how ready she was... but as she peeked at the trees she was hiding, towards the weeping form on a broken bench near the edge of the forest, did that plan falter as cold in the boiling sea.

Boscha might be mean. She might be a bully. But she's not atrocious enough to kick an already kicked person on their shin. The girl wasn't even in decent clothing!

Having followed for hours just to end it this way- continuing as if not seeing the pain is not her forte.

So with a great grimace, she strode forward- confident and precise. And when Madelene tensed at her arrival, did Boscha slow her actions, doubt clouting her bravado.

Boscha will extend an olive branch just for today. And the day after? Well, she'll dangle it on the girl's head..... Maybe.

The girl didn't speak, but she stopped crying at least.

Huffing at her tensed posture, Boscha did something she might regret later.

She peels off her varsity jacket, and fling it on the girl, Madelene squawking as it covers her face.

Boscha: Put that on, weirdo.

She huffed, sitting at the other end of the bench, one hand at the bottom of her chin, petulant, warring with herself.

She hates this girl, making her look like a fool. Taking her friends, their attention and approval.

She hates Madelene, Boscha knows. Making her react to stupid things.

Blushing in her repetitive thoughts, Boscha got startled as Madelene poked her with the jacket, refusing to look at her eyes as she contained the sob.

Madelene: Thanks, but I don't need it.

Irked,she replied harshly.

Boscha: Did you even look at what you're wearing?

Snarked in place, Boscha didn't add Madelene's wild hair, or the tear stained on her cheeks, or even the dirt on the girl's bare feet. Titan's butt, the girl looks like a mess. So far in that confident girl who flirts as easily as she breathes.

Madelene slowly looks at herself, blank expression almost perplexed.

Madelene: It looks fine.

Boscha: Yea, right. Fine enough the marbles show up.

Having said it without thinking, Boscha and Madelene winced; the former in horror of validating that she stared at the girl's chest, and the latter embarrassed that she walked far away having forgotten to wear her upper garments.

Still...

Madelene: ... You checking me out, plum?

Exploding in embarrassment, Boscha stands up and stomps with a scream. This girl really is infuriating! Why did she even bother!?

Boscha: Shut up, I'm trying to help you here! Gosh! A minute with you and I'm done! You get me!? DOOOONNNEE!

Yelling in anger, fuming out away from the girl, Boscha didn't notice how Madelene's dimmed eyes lit up, mirth- the oh so wonderful mirth on their swift interaction, had silenced the voices on Madelene's head.

Looking at the jacket, Madelene puts it on... softly smiling as she notices a very feminine smell.

Madelene: She keeps surprising me... Roses, huh....

Whack!

Madelene: Ow!

She yelped, seeing a folded sandwich on her lap, dented at the sides. Madelene stared in disbelief at the retreating witch, hearing her grumbling from the distance.

—---

It's.... A confusing day. Tiring. Even a bad start. The voices won't fade. Her fears keep coming and coming. And in a weird turn of events... the unexpected gave her the reason to pull out of her head. See what's in front of her, looking into a place of the present, not succumbing into the shadows of what- if's.

Madelene's an overthinker, she admits. And sometimes, it fans phantom thoughts of deception, anxiety and doubt clogging her logical side, unable to see the good side of things.

She met her siblings. She was at the realm where she belonged at last. She should be grateful, having met her brother- having a chance to get to know her baby sister. She has a future. A bright future that can tell the truth of the past.

But the voice claws at her mind, like a molten lava on her veins. It's easier said than done, to tell one self to get over the trauma, the feeling of abandonment, and the sorrow of thinking to oneself.

Is she not enough for her parents?

Other kids have parents, where is hers?

Why is no one coming for her?

But the blasted heartache of all, is the thought that Madelene have let someone down. That because of her negligence, she left the person she loved to the neglectful adults on their lives.

Trying to shrug the voices, insistently trying to take away the reality once more, Madelene slapped her cheeks in repetition, walking back home as she tightens the jacket around her. It doesn't hurt to go back now, the sun is now up in the sky.

Having been thrown glances, she sped up towards the Owl house, now realizing the pain fon her soles and the back of her thighs. She would've open the door- Hooty snoozing in his hellhole-, when the crash and screams from inside made her hesitate.

Cautiously looking at the window, she snapped as the glass broke and a vase sailed away at the treeline.

Madelene: What on earth!?

Bewildered, she gasped as the chaos inside resumes. Madelene looks at Hooty peeking with one eye.

Madelene: Why aren't you helping them, Hooty?

Hooty: Help you say, hoot~? But Eda says not to eat them, hoot hoot~.

Madelene: Eat what?

Almost like an answer, a fire dance beneath the doorframe. Madelene screams as she backs away, seeing three little bats on the broken window.

Madelene: Oh, my god!

She yelled, incredulous. If it's up to her, she wouldn't help them, but she needs clothes if she wanted to stay out!

Madelene: How will I get my clothes with this-

CRASH!

King: Eda! EDA! MY TAIL IS ON FIRE!

Eda: Stop complaining! Have you seen my arm!? Where's my arm!

Madelene:- Chaos inside!?

Hooty: Well, I suggest going up the window, hoot hoot~.

Madelene looked up, seeing the undisturbed window next to Hooty. She spared him a glance with a smug look on his face.

Hooty: Need a lift, hoot hoot~???

Madelene slowly cracks, laughing at his smugness. Her heart lifts all the while, mind so clear and doubts understandably calm.

Madelene: Might as well, Hooty.

—-----------------------

She didn't know what compels her to walk on that humid afternoon, at the school field ripe with unidentified threats to her being.

Lies.

Madelene dang knew why she did.

Just so she could have time for herself. To get away from anything. To give herself time to cope with the changes to her life. To just... completely exist without minding the suffocating feeling of restlessness and confusion.

Nonetheless, Madelene simply forgot that she's wondering, or even with how irritating the air can be, simply letting those feet carry her on a clueless journey.

Madelene: That's a bull too.

She sighs. She heard that Luz are going to hang out with 'cool' kids that night, but she didn't know where. She wanted to find Luz, and assure her that she's fine now and dandy, locking away anything that made her so angry this day.

But she couldn't find her. And so she walks around, searching for a human girl with white and violet shirt. Alas, the sun won't wait for her to find Luz, and so here she is. Mulling. Reigning in her anger.

Oh no, the fear and anguish are gone now. Anger replace it all. Anger at her fate. Anger at herself. Anger at the parents. No, she'll not give them the right to be called her parents, that sail has been gone long before she knew who they were. She's angry: angry and irritated and destructive- if she wanted to.

She just needs to get better. She needs to get to know Amity, and maybe Edric and Emira.

Madelene wonders when she'll meet them again. Her heart wants them closer once again.

Madelene: It's like I'm homesick.... Huh, I really need to have that therapy. I actually felt like I have an obsession or something...

Then, with her mood almost lulling into a tranquil state, that trudge turns to a brisk walk. Then the walk turns into a run. And she breathes with all she had, letting her hair flow into the air like a silk out for the grazes of invisible hands.

Seconds. Minutes. Hour. Madelene didn't care as she laughed to the wind. Circling that field over and over, unknowingly subjected by intense blue eyes, looking far beyond the benches of the soccer field.

Boscha pursed her lips in contemplation, tightening the hold into the bag on her hand. Boy is she annoyed still. Her day didn't get any better after she left. Her team have been hounding her on where's her constant jacket. Boscha tried to lie, that it was left on her house- but that have been more suspicious than honestly saying she let someone borrowed it in her good heart.

When she told as such, she was pushed rather harshly on the school clinic, her team crying in madness, saying that she caught a fever or something.

Seriously, is it that out of character to be nice!?

"YES! YES IT IS!" the grudgby team yelled in fear, some sobbing in their hands.

She sighs softly, sitting down the highest benches as her gaze didn't stray out of sight of the green-haired girl.

She looked upon the slowly raising moon, deep in thought.

Boscha: I've got time... Might as well take my jacket. She's clothed right at least.

Boscha murmured to herself, deciding then, how persevering this curious girl can be. Watching the lost girl until the moon hangs above their heads.

Well, if Madelene didn't see her, they would be there for some time, that one she's sure at least.

Madelene: Boscha!? H-hey!

She called out, panting. Her legs were wobbly, but her emotions are light. Madelene didn't expect Boscha to be around, but she's still grateful. She strained to go to the bench Boscha is with, huffing as she sat down close to the pinkette.

Boscha for her part shuffled away, crossing her arms in irritation. She just hoped that her reddened cheeks won't be that visible. She doesn't want the girl to see her, honestly.

Madelene: Hey B, fancy seeing you here, huh? Here for me?

Madelene holds her snicker, knowing a light jest would make for a great start with this girl. If Boscha went first, she might bully her, but if she went aggresive from the start, Boscha will be defensive enough to stop being a little bit mean.

Boscha groaned, putting her hear on one palm in exasperation.

Boscha: Puh-lease, I'm here for my curiosity and my jacket. Don't be so full of yourself.

Madelene: Curiosity, huh? For what?

Teasing her, Boscha groaned yet again.

Boscha: On who's the stupid running so brazenly on the dangerous parts of the school, stupid. I'm waiting for you to die a stupid death.

Madelene: Dangerous?

Madelene looked at the field again, noting nothing extraordinary.

Boscha: Wow.... you're gonna get killed so easily. Watch, you dumbo.

She couldn't believe this girl. Almost snatching the branch that mysteriously lodged itself on Madelene's hair, she flick it on the field space. Madelene crease her eyebrow when it sailed quite far away, in the middle of the space. That crease turns into a full blown disbelief as fire, mud, air and leaves surge forward out of the soil, as if trying to maw the branch as their own meal. Their prey didnt last for long, as Madelene looks at Boscha then at the field, and then back again.

Madelene: What... the ffff-

Boscha: Freaking amazing, right? Grudgby wouldn't be so famous if the players didn't bleed a little.

Madelene:.... Grudgby?

Boscha: A game of resilience, teamwork, challenge and strategy. Everyone loves it.

Madelene:.... Everyone?

Boscha: Everyone not boring, I guess.

Madelene: You played on theat dangerous field!? You're like, 13!

Bursting in disbelief, Madelene shakes her head from side to side, concerned for the other's being like a mother hen. Boscha's eyes twitched, also bursting out in indignation.

Boscha: I'm 14, you goof!

Madelene: S-still....

Boscha: Enough for Titan's sake, I'm done with your dilli-gagging, that's what you get for being an idiot! Just what cave have you been raised in? It's been there for years, no reason to be worried when it was pretty much the sports of the realm.

Madelene: Can't you just play like a normal human being?

That got Madelene a three-eyed glare in confusion. Madelene tried to reign her horror in, but she still knows she offended the witch somewhat. It's just... playing, with a threat other than your opponent like that? What kind of hard core game development did the demon realm have in its sleeve?

Boscha: Uh, duh. We're witches and demons! What's the thrill and victory over something like a ball just scoring with a mere kick!?

Madelene: Pretty much every human sports teamwork and tactics, B.

Her snark got her an angry witch, and Madelene almost bolted, if not for her shaky legs as Boscha looms over her.

The witch truly doesn't like being told as if to play an easy mode like a child. Specially to someone stupid enough to go into places and cry and not wear proper clothing in public!

Boscha: STOP, comparing our sports to those lowlifes! What on Titan's butt do you know about human sports anyway!? Ugh, you are so infuriating! Keep your opinions to yourself!

As if struck, Madelene raised her hands apologetically. She didn't mean this conversation to turn into an argument. Gosh, when did this turn into a mess?

Madelene: Boscha-...

Boscha: Enough! Just... just give me back my jacket and get out of here!

Madelene: Wait, I'm sorry!

Boscha: Are you kidding me right now! Give it back!

Madelene swerved, pulling away from the hands, hugging the jacket which gave her an almost complete comfort that day, embracing it closer to her frame in fright and worry. And so, Madelene replied;

Madelene: It's di-dirty! And sweaty! I-I uh... I'm gonna give it back to you when I wash it squeaky clean! Promise!

Boscha growled under her breath. Oh by Titan's undiscovered beard, she really regrets giving her jacket to this girl. Almost wanting to punch Madelene in fury, but remembering that tear stained cheeks and morose voice that early morning... Boscha turns, grabs her backpack and starts walking away.

It's hard to be a bully when Madelene is like a puppy that's been kicked multiple times.

Madelene stood up, compelled to thank Boscha, for what she did that day. For being accommodating, and downright 180 character that has been the stepping stone of her recovery. If not for her, Madelene will still wallow in doubts and what ifs.

If it's not for her, Madelene wouldn't feel determined to take a step further towards reconciling and taking her right as a Blight sibling.

As she stood to call for Boscha, the night sky alight with a passing wailing star to the sky.

Madelene: Hey, Boscha!

The witch kept walking, unhindered by her call. Madelene isn't perturbed, almost smiling as she yells to the field with all she has.

Madelene: Thank you very much!

With that, Boscha stopped to turn around, surprised, her face illuminated by the stars shooting at the horizon. She mulled before going into conclusion, huffing at the green haired girl.

Boscha: Doesn't mean I walked away that I'll just give my jacket to you, stupid!

Madelene: That's not what I am thanking you for!

Totally clueless and annoyed, Boscha gave an undignified sigh, compelling Madelene to continue, smiling.

Madelene: Thank you for being there when I'm at my lowest!

Boscha: ....

Madelene: I know I have been a douchebag when it comes to our interaction, but I really really am grateful!

Continuing, Madelene pulls the jacket's end to the air, wanting Boscha to see it, to see how that simple gesture has comforted Madelene the moment it was given to her.

Madelene: You've given me assurance when I didn't know a thing to trust! You're pretty kind for a bully, Boscha! I knew there is something different in you!

Not wanting to see if it will go in a full argument about Boscha's reputation being ruined for stating her kindness, Madelene made a run for it, smiling all the while.

If she would have waited a little more, she would've seen Boscha dropping down her bag in absolute gobsmacked expression, her ears twitching in confusion with a huge blush on her face.

Boscha: Wh.... WHAT THE TITAN'S BUTT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!

—----

Madelene searched once more for Luz, but night is slowly being dangerous in the streets, as open parchment and books create absolute chaos to those who are in the vicinity. The words come to life, authors of written journal emerging in miniature versions and spouting their secrets. And the most dangerous are creatures of history, almost trampling witches and demons alike if not for the Emperor's guards attentive support.

Having nothing but threats left and right, Madelene decides to go back to the Owl house to wait for Luz outside. Passing the library, two pairs of eyes track down her hair as it fluttered close to a torch, illuminating her green hair as she runs away.

The oldest of them, Emira she is called, blink twice as she furrowed at the leaving figure.

Emira: I thought I saw Amity...

Edric: Where?

Emira: Just.. down the alley, towards the forest. Do you think Amity's still inside or am I just imagining things

Edric: Must be a different person...

Edric retorts, looking at her sister and at the door.

Edric: Pretty sure this is the only door that is accessible . It's impossible to break the other doors.

Emira: Hm....

Edric: Em?

Emira: Just.... Nevermind. I just remembered that shade before.

Edric: Shade?

Emira: The hair, it really looks like.... Ugh. Just, forget it. I don't need to hope for a corpse anyway. Let's go Ed. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

15.4K 539 17
Some family secrets can tear a family apart. I do not own this franchise or characters. Collaboration with: JonathanAlexander985/Darth Nominatis#6023...
444 23 1
Amity Blight is the pinnacle of calm and composure - until Edric and Emira decide to share some demon realm 'customs' with Luz. After that well, all...
5.8K 213 41
Story idea from the AU comic creator: MoringMark One morning, Luz opened her eyes and saw a strange sight: an elderly (but not really) woman with rou...
6.2K 93 2
When Siblings luke and luz stumble upon a portal that leads them both to a magical realm where they meet and befriend a rebellious witch named Eda, a...