Sovereignty

By jmkrb1

BOOK 2 of Serendipity ! Just when Carlotta thought she found her serendipity in Greek Mafia Don Evangelos Kos... More

Characters
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
68
69
70
So angelo's always been a bitch, huh?
You stole my kill
Lovesick puppy
The misunderstanding
If you tell, I'll throw you in the pool
I love you

67

24.5K 855 613
By jmkrb1

Gigi and Car, well actually just Car, asked me to stay in their house for a day to watch over Arabella whilst they went out to see Andrei and Milan's new tattoo shop.

With Mateo being busy, I more than happily accepted, knowing I'd have access to their nice as fuck house and fully stocked fridge.

And besides, all I had to do was look after two small cats? How much stress could they cause?

Turns out, a lot.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I mutter, still on the phone with Car as Gigi drives them home as quickly as possible.

"What!?" Car demands frantically, "What does that mean Andreas?!" She asks.

"Ew, oh my gods, it means she's literally pushing out a kitten in front of my eyes." I gag and turn away, giving her some privacy in the little birthing box Car made for her.

Rodrick was giving her some breathing room as well, though didn't take an eye off her for a second as he sat just outside the box and kept a watchful eye.

"Gigi, hurry!!" Car tells Gigi on the other end of the phone, "We're literally almost there, I'm so scared for her." Car says, voice sounding concerned.

I faintly hear Gigi's voice mutter something in the background, probably reassuring words because he's a simp.

Arabella makes a sound of discomfort as she continues to push out the first baby, and I tense up feeling immensely uncomfortable and grossed out.

"Please hurry, I'm gonna throw up." I tell Carlotta with a grimace, and she scoffs at me offendedly.

"Of course it's the man who's in no pain that is complaining." She tells me sassily and I can practically hear the eye roll in her voice, "Just make sure she's okay until I get there and you can leave with your tail between your legs."

I narrow my eyes at nothing, "Just hurry." I grumble and risk a peek back at Arabella to make sure she is okay.

Bad idea.

Half a kitten was now out of her and- "OH MY GODS CAR HOW LONG WILL YOU BE?" I ask panicked, willing myself not to gag over this.

"Pulling into the driveway now," She says urgently and I sigh in relief, "See you in a minute coward." She says and before I can insult her back she hangs up the phone.

When Gigi told me Arabella had gone into labour I freaked the fuck out.

He passed me the phone with Andreas on the line and led me to the car hurriedly, getting in the driver's seat and rushing us home.

I was really worried about her. I've done so much reading and research on cat births recently and want to be there with her in case anything goes wrong.

And I sure as Hell knew Andreas was useless at shit like this.

After hanging up on him, Gigi pulls into our driveway, parking messily as we jump out of the car. I race ahead to the front door and swing it open, immediately spotting a pale faced Andreas in the living room facing away from Arabella's box.

"Oh thank fuck." He says exasperatedly, throwing his head back. He gets up and heads towards Gigi, "I'll be in the kitchen."

Gigi nods at him as I carefully approach Arabella, gasping when I see a little kitten wriggling around blindly.

"Gigi!" I whisper-shout and feel him approach behind me, "Look." I say quietly, pointing to the first born kitten.

"Amazing, baby." Gigi whispers back lowly, kissing my cheek from behind, "Can I get anything?" He asks me.

I shake my head no, "Maybe just check on Andreas, he looked pretty bad." I say back to him, glancing over my shoulder to see him smile amused.

He nods and leaves quietly to find Andreas as I sit down behind Rodrick, who chirrups and looks back at me.

I scratch his head with a small smile and he pushes himself into my hand, accepting the scratches as he begins to purr loudly.

The sound seems to calm Arabella a little, her chest rising and falling heavily as she prepares to push out the next kittens.

A gruelling 45 minutes later, and Arabella is licking her 5 newborn babies as they nurse from her eagerly.

Rodrick is laying behind her, licking behind her ears and scruff in a sort of worshipping praise. In short, I think he was proud of his girlfriend.

"How is it going?" Gigi voices from behind me, crouching down to my level when his eyes bug, "Holy shit, they're all here." He smiles, wrapping an arm around my body.

I nod and turn to wrap my arms around his middle, burying my face into his t-shirt.

I'd been crying for the past 10 minutes just watching Arabella and her babies, so overcome with joy and happiness, but also with a bit of longing.

The tears on my cheeks soak into his shirt and Gigi notices almost immediately, "Hey, hey." He says softly, wrapping his arms around me tightly and dropping onto his ass on the floor to drag me into his lap.

I sniffle, embarrassed that I keep doing this but Gigi doesn't seem to mind.

I feel him swallow deeply before speaking up softly, "Baby..." He begins hesitantly, "Have you ever thought that maybe you don't fully realise our position when it comes to having kids?" He asks me.

I process the question for a second, and I realise he is right. I have no idea what to make of the news the doctors told me all those months ago. I've been playing it off as a joke and making the whole situation light-hearted.

The weird thing is, I'm not even desperate to have children- Hell I'm 18 years old, but the prospect of the choice being stripped away from both Gigi and I is heartbreaking in itself.

"I just don't want to feel like we're missing out on something in the future." I tell Gigi, pulling my head away from him as I look up.

He looks down at me without expression, "We aren't missing out on anything." He tells me, "We just welcomed 5 kittens into the world in our own home, our best friends are adopting a child together who we get to be aunts and uncles to, we just bought a house at 18 and 25." Gigi chuckles towards the end, making me smile at him despite my wet cheeks.

Gigi brings a thumb up to wipe away the tears, "I feel so selfish, I don't even want children that badly." I sniff, composing myself.

Gigi scoffs a laugh, "You are the least selfish person I know." I smile at him as he cups my face, "Besides, we'll babysit Andreas and Mateo's kid for a day and be grateful not to have children." He jokes and I laugh at him.

"You're so right." I chuckle as Andreas appears from the kitchen with an offended expression.

"Our children will be delightful, thank you very much." Andreas grunts, coming over to sit beside us on the floor in front of the cats.

"If they're anything like you I highly doubt it." Gigi responds and Andreas flips him off with an eye roll.

"So," I voice, "What are we calling the babies?" I say with a smile.

"That one is called Gigi Jr." Andreas points to a grey coloured kitten.

Gigi makes a sound behind me, "Why the fuck would you name one after me?" He grunts and I bite my lip to suppress a smile, knowing exactly what Andreas is going to say.

"Cause all it's siblings stopped nursing ages ago, and he's still latched on to his mom's tit-" I throw a playful punch to Andreas's thigh to shut him the fuck up, "Ow!" He complains.

I laugh at him, "Don't talk about Arabella like that."

Gigi scoffs yet again, "But he can talk about me like that?" He asks me and I shift in his lap to look back at him.

"We all know you have mommy issues, baby, it's okay." I reassure him jokingly and he slumps backwards with crossed arms and a fed-up expression.

"This joke is getting old." He grumbles and Andreas and I just share an amused look.

"We're not naming it Gigi." I decide and Andreas pouts at me. I look at all the 5 kittens with pursed lips, knowing I couldn't stand the pressure of picking 5 whole names for them.

"I've got an idea." I smile and pull out my phone from my pocket. Gigi rests his chin on my shoulder to watch my phone and Andreas leans over.

ugly ass russians and their stunning sister💅

Me:

Fav crystal go.

Levi 🐸🥶:

Lapis, why?

No.1 big man😤💪:

Jade, did you leave the shop with Gigi?

Me:

Yeah we're home safe :)

Actual bully🤜👹:

Crystals r gay

Me:

Stfu up Maxim and answer

Mommy? Sorry-🤰🤠:

Angelite ;)

Actual bully🤜👹:

Ur all gay

Me:

Maxim.

Actual bully🤜👹:

Obsidian.

Me:

Ur so emo

Actual bully🤜👹:

Stfu

I put my phone down and smiled, "Okay so we have Jade, Lapis, Angelite, Obsidian and..." I turned to Gigi, "We're keeping one kitten right? So we can think of a name."

Gigi smiles widely at me and kisses my lips lightly, "Perfect."

"Mateo and I are reserving one too." Andreas speaks up, "We for sure want Jade." He smiles crookedly.

I nod, "You got it."

Andreas winks at me as he gets up, "Thanks babe. I gotta get back, Mateo is home." He says and glances down at the wriggling kittens, "Congrats on the babies." He smiles cheesily before we say goodbye and he leaves the house.

I stay sitting in Gigi's lap, both of us watching as Arabella and Rodrick take care of the babies.

"Rodrick is being a good dad." I comment and Gigi nods behind me.

"For sure." He agrees, "He's not carving his kids so pretty good in my book." Gigi jokes darkly, squeezing my sides.

I laugh, "Yeah and he's not selling any off to get married to unknown mafia men." I add on.

"Hey," Gigi pouts, "That turned out pretty okay, huh?" He jides and I snuggle into him further.

"Yeah I guess." I tease and Gigi plants several kisses on my head.

We're quiet a few more minutes before I contemplate the circumstances in which we met, "You think we still would've ended up together if Luka hadn't arranged our marriage?" I ask Gigi softly.

Gigi nuzzles his nose into my neck from behind before responding, "You want to know a secret?" He says and I nod apprehensively.

"After the first day we met in the bathroom- I went home and told Andreas all about you. We spent all night giggling like middle school girls at a sleepover." Gigi chuckles and I smile widely, "I told him I'd find you if it were the last thing I did. So fuck Luka and his bullshit contract, you were mine the day you cared enough to clean up a strangers bloodied nose."

____________________________________________________________

the babies r here :)))

hope you enjoyed reading!!

ily all sm and see you next time <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1K 14
Alexandria Brio is a 16-year-old girl who knows pain like the back of her hand. After getting kidnapped at the young age of two she has known nothing...
Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

64.7K 2.6K 58
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
2.9M 84.1K 49
Morelli Mafia Series BOOK 1 | 18+ Passion. Love. Lust. Erotic. Violence. Crime. Strong female lead. COMPLETED - Paperbacks available on Amazon. I...
1M 24.5K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...